New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: The Fatal Syzygy

Bala

Bala grimaces.

I was kind of looking for 'left' or 'right'. But that'll do. Given the choice, I think I'll take the passage that DOESN'T lead to the shouting people. Anyone else is welcome to join me.

Checking that the spell pouch is securely fastened to the strange green garment, she hurries back down the passage away from the shouting sounds.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Uriel

I agree, its getting a little hairy in here Uriel says as he follows Bala away from the fighting.
    At the heart of all beauty lies something inhuman, and these hills, the softness of the sky, the outline of the trees at this very minute lose the illusory meaning with which we clothed them, henceforth more remote than a lost paradise.
    -Camus, An Absurd Reasoning

Fourth Doctor avatar courtesy of Szilard

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Bala

The monkey woman glares back at Uriel, suspecting a personal dig underlying the "hairy" comment, but says nothing. She continues forward.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

4. - Top - End - #64
    Bugbear in the Playground

Layla

"I'd agree on away from the fighting as the most imediate choice," Layla said to the hazodee woman quietly, "Let's get moving friends. Anyone care to take point, there are elves that can hide in the shadow of a single leaf, but I'm not one of them. A little warning would be useful if anyone wishes to take the risk and thinks themselves up to the challenge. I'll take the head of the main group since I currently think I'm best protected.

As she spoke the elf moved along with Bala and Uriel. Now armored she'd rather be more of a target and draw fire from her still plainly attired fellows.
    Last edited by Gavin Sage; 2008-10-06 at 10:35 PM.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Orc in the Playground

The five of you, lead by Layla, head toward the right. As you reach the corner, you see a great deal of debris around the hole in the wall, but the rest of the hallway is otherwise as sterile as the rest of your prison. It's 100' long with a noticeable door near its middle.

As you reach the hole in the wall, you see three burned bodies among the heavy debris. Looking inside the gaping hole in the right side of the corridor wall, you see signs of an explosion (soot along the ceilings and walls, a great deal of debris along the cell floor, the metal walls blown out with a convex dent). The cell is smallish (15' x 15'). Along the opposite wall where the metal has been blown away completely, there is a 5' wide, 5' tall hole whose end you cannot yet see. The rest of the exposed wall looks like natural rock and seems to be the source of most of the rubble.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
    Smacking your teammate in the face is always a free action.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Bala

The ape-woman lopes towards the blown-out wall. She turns towards the others.

Come on. If we follow along and head away from the rubble side of the holes, we'll get to out, right?

7. - Top - End - #67
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Ugh. I hate asking this, but I'd rather know than let the game simply fade away. If people are still interested, please post saying so here -- if I get enough, I'll work in some of the alternates if they're still interested. If I get below a certain number, I might just restart this game (with those who are interested automatically in). I'll let this ride for another couple of days before closing it down.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Here, but about to become pretty busy for about a week.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm still around
    At the heart of all beauty lies something inhuman, and these hills, the softness of the sky, the outline of the trees at this very minute lose the illusory meaning with which we clothed them, henceforth more remote than a lost paradise.
    -Camus, An Absurd Reasoning

Fourth Doctor avatar courtesy of Szilard

10. - Top - End - #70
    Orc in the Playground

Thanks, Toliudar, Weezer. I'm going to restart this game, but it'll start around were we are now -- not too much ground lost. Look for the recruitment thread, and you two are in, if you're still interested. You can use the same character or something else completely.

Thanks all. Closing this thread.