New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Sweet Reverie

1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Default Sweet Reverie

Okay, gang. Since it seems about impossible for our group to physically converge, we've agreed on doing so interneticularly. That's a word. Anyway. We're going to continue the Sweet Reverie saga right here, and, perhaps from time to time, meet all at once here or in a chat room to get things moving quicker.
    This new way of playing may be odd at first, but we'll get used to it. As per usual, I will set up situations, play NPC's, continue the story, excetera excetera. I will generally set a scene for you and let you play in it however you see fit, and swoop in with more description, or answers for questions, or story advancements, or NPC dialogue, or outcomes of rolls, whatever.
    Except for combat, there isn't really a turn order. You just write what you are doing, at whatever speed works between you and the other players and myself replying works with.
    Since we are writing now, I encourage you to have all kinds of fun with flourishing your creative writing skills. But don't feel compelled to make every post a master piece. Especially if it's a time we're all together, trying to make it go faster. Then you should try to do whatever comes first, and not worry about revision. This isn't a portfolio piece; It's a very fun game.

I would like to try to have the posts in past-tense third-person. It will feel like a collaborative novel. When you are speaking as your real-life self to me, Caleb, use parenthesis to indicate it's "Out of Character". When you are describing what you're doing or whatever, just write it like a story. Dialogue, of course, should be done just like a story.

Out of character posts can be very handy for speeding up the game. For instance: Say you're asking an NPC if he'll kindly let you through a door. Instead of waiting for my response so you can tell me what action you take because of that response, you can write out of character, (If he says yes, I walk on in, and if he says no, I pull out my sword and ask again. Intimidate Check- 12)

As for rolling die- there are automatic rollers all over the net, and a built-in one on these forums that I can't remember how to use. I would like to use something verifiable so we can all be comfortable and not have to worry about honesty and whatnot. We'll figure something out.

I'll get the first post up here after everyone's found the board.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: Sweet Reverie

Okay, well it's me, Sarah. Although it could potentially be quite miraculous if everyone actually manages to get here before several months.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Ha!

Well, I sent Aaron the same link. I'm gonna have to yell at him or something. As for Egan...I'll...do something. Fortunately GiantITP isn't proxied at school!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

I need to kill something...

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

YAY, Aaron found us!

Okay.

Now we await Meester Egan.

For all rolls, you will be going to www.invisiblecastle.com

Then, give the link and result for the roll, and whoop-dee-doo, that's how we'll roll!

And I do remember where we left off. Everyone had retreated to the cabin to stock and buff up before going back to the trolls. You silly-sillies.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

"Hello folks, it looks like we are all here. C--you were saying that the girl may become involved also, is that happening? A--how 'bout them Colts? ick
    S--get in my independent study soon!!!!!!
    Last edited by gegan0; 2008-09-26 at 03:08 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

wink Re: Sweet Reverie

Quote Originally Posted by gegan0 View Post
    "Hello folks, it looks like we are all here. Caleb--you were saying that the girl may become involved also, is that happening? Aaron--how 'bout them Colts? ick
    Sara--get in my independent study soon!!!!!!

TELL ME ABOUT IT!!

screw Peyton Manning and his friggin knee..

o yeah , how bout them seahawks....huh??
    yall arent exaclty killin it this year...

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

The Seahawks aren't used to winning.

Back to the game. i found a fun character sheet website (C was wanting to do this). So, we can have our character sheets online. it will take a lot of work to put our characters on the website the first time, entering all the crap on there, but it isn't very hard. i spent 5 minutes filling out the details for Solomon until i got to the skills, then i had to get back to work.

One can also, apparently, create a campaign on this website, so that we can all look at the character sheets, and more importantly, C can look on them. I am going to leave the campaign creation to you, C so you can have any special powers that it may or may not grant to the creator of the campaign (i don't know if it gives you the ability to manipulate our hp for instance.

Uhm, that's all for now. Hope to see you all in Solomon's cabin soon.

here's the website: http://www.roguepenguin.com/castellar/profiler/

I am having trouble getting all of Solomon on this website, however. his skills, feats and spells won't stay when saved. it is annoying the snot out of me.
    Last edited by gegan0; 2008-09-27 at 06:50 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

Also, is it bad form to use real names on this? i didn't think about it until i had used every single one of your names (and my own damn name as a darned user name!). what is the usual on things like this? i changed them, just in case.
    Last edited by gegan0; 2008-09-27 at 10:34 AM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Let's get this show on the road.

Ed's softball-sized nostrils flared as he loomed over the little girl with the cerebri on her head. He shuffled his hind hooves in discomfort and made quiet, little pooting noises from his lips. He called out to Solomon when he was done instructing the team of the plan for their return fight.
    "May I join you in your coming battle? Perhaps one of you will stay with the child?"
    Thally, sitting cross-legged in a rocking chair shifted at this and looked to Solomon. "I could. Unless I'm more useful out there. Or if Ed's better than me for this. I mean, I could buff you here and he could fight better, or not. I dunno. Whatever you think works."
    Solomon and Thally looked to the others, but predominantly Solomon. Despite being inferior in the raw power of Shane and Ed, or the finesse of Vera, it became an unspoken fact that Solomon had somehow become the group's leader by defacto.
    His strategic mind would be key in thwarting the powerful trolls barring them from the supplies they would be in dire need of very soon.

[I forgot the exact plan you all had come up with at your last meeting. We need to decide what spells were cast and what preparations were made. Feel free to do some roleplaying as well. That's kinda the point. ^^ Then, when you seem set, or when I think Ed or Thally should speak, I'll interject. You'll see. We'll get this rollin'! ]

11. - Top - End - #11
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

(And, I really don't care if you use my name, personally.)

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

Solomon's character sheet, level 8:
    Solomon Shorthand
    Smart 3/Techno Mage3/Mage1/Archmage0;
    Str11(+0)Dex15(+2)Con13(+1)Int19(+4)Wis14(+2)Cha11 (+0)
    hp: 44; Def: 20 (w/Mage Armor); Init: +2, BAB: +2;
    Fort: +3, Reflex: +5, Will: +7; Perception skills: +2, Stealth skills: +2
    Attack: Beretta 92F: +8(+9 point blank) for 2d6+3(+4 point blank) damage or Combat Knife: +3 for d6 damage
    Skills: Comp use: +10, Concentration: +12, Craft (Chem)+15, Craft(Elec)+15, Craft(Mech)+15, Decipher Script+11, Demolitions+8,Disable Device+14, Investigate+5, Know(Arcana)+16, Know(Current Events)+5,Know(History)+5, Know(Technology)+10, Profession: +4, Repair: +14, Research +13, Spellcraft: +15. *any skill where he uses a mechanical/electrical device (even drive) is given an extra +2 (see talent)
    Feats and Talents: Magical Heritage(cast Haywire, Magic ID, and Read Magic 3/day), Linguist Talent (+7 check) DC 15 same group; 20 if unrelated;
    25 if ancient/unique; Plan (see smart hero talent); Simple Weapons Proficiency; Personal Firearms Proficiency; Weapon Focus—pistols; Point Blank Shot; Precise Shot; Machine Empathy (gives +2 bonus to rolls dealing with mechanical or electrical device.); Program Spell (see techno mage talent); Lucky Spell: You may make any spell that heals or inflicts one or
    more die of damage into a lucky spell. You may reroll any such
    dice once, up to a maximum equal to the level of the spell; Mastercrafter: Solomon can now create mastercraft electronic and mechanical devices (including tools, vehicles, weapons, robot manipulators, and armor).
    Summon Familiar: Solomon has befriended his imaginary friend, Loki; Create Homonuculus (see techno mage talent).
    Last edited by gegan0; 2008-10-01 at 09:43 AM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground

Vera, level 8
    Fast3, Gunslinger5
    Str 7(-2), Dex 20 (+5), Con 12(+1), Int 16(+3), Wis 14 (+2), Cha 8 (-1)
    hp: 43, Defense: 25; Init: +4, BAB: +5
    Fort: +3, Reflex: +9, Will: +6; Perception skills: +7, Stealth Skills: Hide+9, Move Silently +11.
    Attack: Fire Beretta +9 (+10 point blank) (2d8+1(+2 point blank)+1d6fire) and Beretta 93R (sol has put +3 damage to this) +9 (+10 point blank) (2d6+3 (+4 for point blank)) or Remington: +10 (+11 for point blank) (2d10 damage). or one of the Beretta pistols at +11 (+12 point blank) and whatever damage of the weapon she uses.
    Skills: Balance +9, Bluff +6, Climb +2, Demolitions: +5, Drive: +17, Escape Artist: +8, Gamble: +4, Hide: +9, Intimidate: +5, Know (Current Events) +5; Know (Pop Culture) +5, Know (Streetwise): +5, Listen: +7, Move Silently: +11, Navigate, +5, Pilot: +6, Profession: +3, Ride: +8, Search: +4, Sleight of Hand: +8, Spot: +7, Tumble: +10.
    Feats: Alertness, Defensive Martial Arts, Personal Firearms Proficiency, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Two-Weapon Fighting, Weapon Focus (Beretta), Simple Weapons Proficiency.
    Talents: Evasion, Opportunist, Close Combat Shot, Defensive Position, Lightning Shot.
    Reputation: +2, Wealth Bonus: 17, Action Points: 40; XP: 28.5k.
    Last edited by gegan0; 2008-10-02 at 03:02 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground

Actually Thalley, we could use your curses. those were way too effective. Let's go to the field; we'll take the child in the car and lock her in. Thalley, you will be driving, your job is to curse the trolls and then get back to insure her safety. That way Ed can come in with that awesome gun of his. At the car, we'll do the buffing, then Vera can find the three trolls, and we'll get them one by one: Vera you will need to find a lonesome troll, whichever is furthest from the others, so that we can put some serious hurt on him before the other two show up--Don't worry, Vera; you'll be invisible until you attack one of them. Wolfy will wolf out as soon as we get that lonesome dove in our sights. When the other two trolls show up, Vera will curse them, then get back to the car to protect the girl. (Sorry to be repetitive--no time to edit) Any questions?

(i seriously need to grade papers , so DM: how many of each level of spell does Thalley have? when i get that, i will distribute some buffs to all of us, especially Vera and Wolfy--what is your name btw--solomon would most definitely use name and not derogatory remarks. Also, could you get Aaron and Thalley's char sheets online. the site above worked until the skill section, then it wouldn't save them. i'm tired of fighting the sucker, so i just put them on here. any skills that had no points into, i just let alone (they are pure stat bonus anyway). i think that this will work. if you need any more info from either of the two characters above tell me--i don't know how Vera got into my file, but i put her online as well)
    Last edited by gegan0; 2008-10-01 at 09:57 AM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

"Alright... do you want me to attack and run? I could try to lure one off without the others knowing, and if we're far enough away, maybe they won't notice he's missing." Vera looked at the girl a little uncertainly, "I think that Thally would at least be freerer to help us that way. I mean, if the girl is nearby, but out of sight, she'd still be safe, right? If Thally needs to stay with her, that's totally fine, but considering our past experiences, it is nice to have her healing... available and not... locked in a car."

16. - Top - End - #16
    Pixie in the Playground

(DM, did the troll we fought last time call to the others? I don't remember; i remember that there was only one, then there were three. Sol's response will depend upon this answer.)

17. - Top - End - #17
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

(Thally's got 5 Zero Level, 5 1st, 4 2nd, and 3 3rd.)
    Last edited by ShieldTeddy; 2008-10-05 at 08:32 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

(Yes, there was only one troll at first, who then called to his friends who were apparently in hiding.)

19. - Top - End - #19
    Pixie in the Playground

Solomon smiles for a moment and then gets lost in thought, "Vera, as good of a plan as that sounds, I don't think it will work in reality. They worked well together; so as soon we get one's attention, the others will follow. I don't want to lead them that close to our getaway car and the helpless girl within. I know it's not the best plan, but i think we can take down one while the other two are coming to help him if we get the surprise. So we all attack the one furthest away from the group. Thalley will curse the other two as soon as she sees them, then go back to the car to keep it running and protect the wee one. Shane, if they overpower us again, you're not going to get much help, so you are probably going to have to call for the us to retreat. I don't think we'll have to do so, but we need your mind in that hulking body you conjure up, so fight the urge to fight till death. You die, we all die. If we do have to run, remember that you may have to hold them for a couple of seconds so we can get back, so you need to tell us before you are almost dead, okay?

(will break down Thalley's spells later)

20. - Top - End - #20
    Pixie in the Playground

How about this for our buffs, Thalley. most of these could be done in the car before Vera goes off to find the Trolls. the minute/level ones could be done after she gets back and before we go to attack the wayward trool.

3rd level: Bestow Curse for Trolls, either -6 to dex so we can hit more easily, or (probably) -4 on attacks, saves, and checks. what do you all think would be the most useful curse? there is also the one that gives the troll the 50% chance of not doing anything each round.

2nd level:
    Shield Other: put on Shane, and dismissed when Thalley is at 1/4 of her hp (this will beef up Shane quite a bit, as half of the damage dealt to him will go to Thalley)--thalley, you'll have to stay within 45 feet of Shane until you dismiss this spell.
    3 enhance abilities: one on shane for Str or Con (which do you want, more damage or more hp?); one for vera for Dex, and one for either me or Ed (int for me or dex for ed) Of course, i would prefer the int for me, my shadows could fight a little better, but i hate to leave you out, Ed.

1st level:
    1 bless
    and 4 shield of faiths (shields of faith? i like this one better) for each of us in the fight.

0 level: Resistances all around, even on the girl

Does this sound good to everyone?
    Last edited by gegan0; 2008-10-08 at 04:04 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Ed's nostrils flared. "You take her blessing, Solomon. I'm in no need of your mysticisms to fight effectively."

Thalley nodded. "Sure. I can do that. Hopefully this will work this time. But- I mean, what are we actually doing? Are we just going back for revenge?"

22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground

"Revenge? Don't be ridicu. . ." Solomon's eyes dart over towards Shane, but then stop with his voice. "No, thalley. this isn't about revenge. this is about justice. They wanted to take you away; they spoke with a presence that seemed to indicate that they have received such a ludicrous... sacrifice before. We are going to go stop them, to protect the next people who pass by them. I admit that we are probably over eager in our wanting to go into this fight and others. But this is the first fight that we have actually picked. We've started many of our battles, I'll admit, but all of those were going to happen in some way or another. We even tried to talk our way past those trolls; it still didn't work.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Thalley nodded with a surge of purpose. "You're right. We can't let 'em hurt any more people."

Ed stamped his hooves. "Well, what are we waiting for?"

24. - Top - End - #24
    Pixie in the Playground

Solomon's prepared spells:

2nd level: 2 toothed tentacles (AC 15, hp: 14; BAB: +11); and one Flaming Sphere

1st Level: 2 mage armors (one for me, one for thalley); 3 Rays of Enfeeblement, 1 Orb of Acid (2d8 damage).

0 level: Detect magic aura, 2 message, 3 dazes, 1 mendiing and 2 prestidigitations, not that these should matter

remember: Vera has Invisiblity and a Sonic weapon in her calculator and Shane has an Enlarge Person (size category one bigger, +2 STR, -2 Dex and a -1 penalty to attack and AC due to size; also, his claws do more damage b/c of his size--one die bigger(d6 moves to d8, d8 to d10, etc.); I have Expiditious retreat in mine, which if anyone else wants, they can also have, but i need to know so that i can subtract Action Points.

(we will go over the plan again when vera comes back from scouting; I rolled a 15 (+10 modifier w/int. boost)= 25; so we get a +3 on all skills and attacks the first three rounds; then +2, then +1, then bonus ends after round 5. this will go into effect the first round.

Solomon ready.
    Last edited by gegan0; 2008-10-10 at 02:52 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground

(One other thing that has been on Sol's mind is finding a new age gift/book store in town in order to find any magic items/spell books/components that may be in there. Is there one on the way to Wal-Mart from the direction that we are taking? Didn't thalley own something like that? also, DM, remember that Sol put up the solicitor's wanted sign out in front of his very locked house. If there isn't something, then Sol is going to take a couple of days after this in order to research some more spells, if that is possible)

26. - Top - End - #26
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Why the sharp look Sol?

Am I just some brute to you?
    You know if it wasn't for me then...
    you know what forget it. Just tell me what i need to do...

(sorry to take so long fellas, and lady. )

27. - Top - End - #27
    Pixie in the Playground

(S--copy and paste Vera's character sheet to another post, that way you can manipulate it when you use action points or level up. DM--can you put Shane's character sheet on, and then he can do the same thing.)

28. - Top - End - #28
    Pixie in the Playground

Shane and Solomon begin to pack up the vehicle (i forgot what we are in right now), Solomon packs his electrical and mechanical tool kits into the trunk, while Shane puts Sol's shotgun into the back. Vera checks the oil, the gas and other essentials. "Look Shane, i know exactly where we would be without you--dead; about seven times dead actually. But the thing with Mike really screwed me up. We needed the disc, not Mike dead, and you have to admit that that was motivated by revenge. We needed that disc; it could have been the key to fixing this mess we're in." Sol's eyes light up, "Of course, the disc. Alright guys, let's get to Wal-mart, then we are going to prep to find that disc. it may take me a couple of weeks, i want to make some things first."
    Solomon gets into the backseat of the car. "But first, let's go make sure some trolls don't kill anyone else."

(If shane or anyone else wants to interrupt Sol's train of thought, then just say when you interject something, then i can change the post accordingly, and get to what sol was going to say, while replying to the interrupt. I figure that i will get out my thoughts all at the same time, then allow you all to interrupt me when necessary.)

29. - Top - End - #29
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Quote Originally Posted by gegan0 View Post
    Shane and Solomon begin to pack up the vehicle (i forgot what we are in right now), Solomon packs his electrical and mechanical tool kits into the trunk, while Shane puts Sol's shotgun into the back. Vera checks the oil, the gas and other essentials. "Look Shane, i know exactly where we would be without you--dead; about seven times dead actually. But the thing with Mike really screwed me up. We needed the disc, not Mike dead, and you have to admit that that was motivated by revenge. We needed that disc; it could have been the key to fixing this mess we're in." Sol's eyes light up, "Of course, the disc. Alright guys, let's get to Wal-mart, then we are going to prep to find that disc. it may take me a couple of weeks, i want to make some things first."
    Solomon gets into the backseat of the car. "But first, let's go make sure some trolls don't kill anyone else."
    Mike wasn't important, his info wasn't getting us anywhere, in fact, we might have died, i f i didnt do what i did, so i dont wanna hear your strategic bull.
    And yes, lets try and avoid those trolls, please....