New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Default Re: Maid RPG(IC thread)

Rikka nods. "No one else will be hurt because of me."

She stands, looking somewhat impatient, by the door she thinks heads in the direction of the basement.
    Last edited by Nerd-o-rama; 2008-09-24 at 12:12 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

"Well, it's settled then." Hira remarked, as he went the direction Rikka pointed at, unlocking the dusty door. It reveled a dank corridor, with the light of noon filling the room, revealing a small dusty room, with a curious small pile of black metal that stood in the middle, reacting to the light with movements away from it to one of the conors.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mariam, having tailed along behind the others, and having obtained a torch from a cupboard, strides forward and nails the metal with the flashlight beam.

That's no metal ...
    constantly the worst - voted 4th most valuable arts & entertainment brand in Crying Girl magazine - banned from everything - never a good post m,- sucks

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

"By the Dues Mechaunisus, looks like you fleshbags have found my little reaserch project..." A heavily augmented humanioud said, as he emereged from the back room, more machine then man, his eyes noted clinicilly. Flanking him stood two robots with a heavily armed rifle servo inserted into what would have been a hand.
    "You all would make excellent servitors." He said with a breath of steam.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

"......what?"

Rikka was originally going to ask the cyborg to identify himself, but honestly, she's more curious what the hell he's talking about. And how he got into the master's basement. "What" seems to efficiently cover all these questions.
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #66
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mariam stepped forward, lowering the torch, and trying to interpose herself between the gun's barrel, and Hira.

Some would argue

- and yes, my feelings have reached the point where I feel obliged to contravene Wikipedia stylistic guidelines -

that there was an element of threat in those remarks. I believe that we would be much more productive here if we all were to ... moderate our tone. Yes?

She grins in a not entirely sane way on this last word. Fingering in her pocket, she rubs some powders together.

Hmm ... aluminium, ferrous oxide ... mostly metal, so better leave the Willie P. at home this time ...
    constantly the worst - voted 4th most valuable arts & entertainment brand in Crying Girl magazine - banned from everything - never a good post m,- sucks

7. - Top - End - #67
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Henrietta has only one response.

"YOU MACHINES ARE FILTHY!"
    she screams, producing her mop from hammerspace.

"Mustcleanmustcleanmustcleanmustclean!"
    she repeats as she races towards the dirty intruder.

Spoiler
    Show
    Argh. Skill roll of 2 for a result of 6.
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    GMing The Lotus Blossoms! [Exalted 3E] (OOC)
    Playing Waldaharjaz in The Convergence of Sky [Exalted 3E]
    Playing Rivers in Welcome to Thorns [Exalted 3E]

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

Henrietta rushes to to clean the heavily armed robot with the mop, as it raises its barrel to fire, but...
    ((2x2..=4..
    She manages to plug into the barrel jut before it fires, causing the rifle to explode heavily damaging it but still fully standing. However, its comrade in arms manages to squeeze a shot at her, a blaser of energy streaming towards her.
    (6x2, so thats 12, make a contested roll using anything but affection, to defend.)

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

"!"

Rikka, remembering her promise, dives at the firing robot, eyes alight with the determination not to let it harm her friend!

(Will roll: 3x4 = 12. I'd like to combine this with Henrietta's defense.)
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground

They had broken fire. That meant that their protection under the rules of combat was now significantly impaired, and that they could be far more, well, imaginative and strenuous in their attempts to keep the peace.

Lightly pushing Hira over - just enough to clear him out of the line of fire, she leaps forward, jumping onto the head of the machine, and grinding a powder into its face - a powder that begins to glow with meteoric flame as it works its way into the thing's face.

Spoiler
    Show
    YOU MACHINES ARE FILTHY!

THAT MEANS YOU HAVE HUGE FILTH!

CLEAN AND TEAR!

Ahem. Anyway, adding further to this poor robots troubles, dumping a handful of ignited Thermite in the first robot's face (the one whose rifle blew up). Skill (I guess, given that it's more a matter of mixing the right compounds) 3 x roll 2 = 6.

11. - Top - End - #71

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh, Doom comic... is there anything you're not appropriate for? Other than children?

Henrietta attempts to deflect the blast with her mop... but doesn't do a very good job of it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Roll of 1, Skill of 3...
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

The blazing incineratorary proved to be a little effect, its head on fire but proved still able to readily respond with a jab with his elbow against Mariam waist.
    (4x2..so thats 8, so Mariam take 2 stress.)

__________________________________________________ ___________
    Rikka's charge to put the gun off balance as it fired erratically into the ceiling, as she knocked into the floor while Henrietta wails her mop seemly ineffectually , amazingly managing knocking the robot's head right off, the rest of it's body fell to the dank floor inert.
    __________________________________________________ ___________
    Hira fell down to the ground in his best attempt to avoid any errant shots, as a extended arm suddenly caught him in a cold steely grasp, as his attempts to get away where ineffectual at best he was restrained by a coil of metal.
    (Kono gets 1...X2 is 2..while the Tech Priest gets 4X3, so that's 12, Hira takes 6 stress.)
    "Help!" He cries out desperately as he continues to fight with little avail.
    "It seems you are subservient to this being i now hold...you would all make excellent replacements servitors." The cyborg says out clincilly, as his left arm holds a oversized pistol, and begins to threaten to fire at Hira.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

"You will not hurt him." Rikka says. "Put your gun down."

(Will: roll 4 x 4 = 16. Sorry for reusing my best stat, but this is an emergency.)
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #74

BlueWizardGirl

"Don't get mad, scary man, all I want to do is give you a bath... and for you to not kill my Master. Can't we all just be friends? Clean friends?"

Spoiler
    Show
    As Nerdo says, this is a desperate situation, so I'm switching from Skill to Affection.

2x4=8...
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #75
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imperceptibly, Mariam turns, and gives Rikka and Henrietta a significant look. Thar's meaning in them thar glances.

Stop ... stop.

She moves forwards, raising her hands (not to the extent that she couldn't draw a weapon again, but the intent is clear), and drops into a crouch.

The one that you hold now is only a juvenile, and not possessed of as great power as you think. This is precisely why we were employed; to augment his household. We, on the other hand, would, as you say, make much better servitors for you.

Give him up now, turn him over to my associates, and I'll surrender willingly - take me first.

She is now directly half-way between the other maids and the Tech-Priest; she looks once round to check that no servitors are creeping up on her, and then looks expectantly at the Magos.

Spoiler
    Show
    Oi haz a plan to krump da squishy machines. But first, I'm using Will to persuade the Priest of the Omnissiah that my plan is a good idea for him, and specifically that he should let Hira go.

Roll (4) x Skill (5) = Result of 20.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Rikka shoots her a glare that conveys, in no words at all, a heartfelt message.

"You idiot."
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

"I see...the logic in the matter." The Tech Preist said coldly, as he threw Hira near Rikka's feet, knocking him unconsiouses. He held his pistol firmly as he turned to the dimly lit hallway.
    "This way please." He added, as the robot with the flaming head stood comicilly at attention despite its condition.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Dwarf in the Playground

Giving one last, hard, look at Rikka, Mariam steps forward slowly, raising her hands.

Don't worry. Get Hira to safety ... you know what you doing.

She turns to the priest.

Shall we go?

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

As Mariam walked down the ommunious dark hallways, it opened to a brightly lit laboratory, filled every inch with metal and wondrous contraptions, with more of the robots seen before flanking the doorways and the centerpiece of the laboratory. The black metal that was seen before was in a middle of glass like container that was being subject to endless amount of pressure and heat, but remained unfazed. Next to it lay a table that looked suspiciously like a torture table, filled with devious looking devices such as probes and drills.
    "Seize her." The Tech-Preist mumbled, on the servitors followed by immediately attempting to grab her.
    (3X2, 6 total)

20. - Top - End - #80
    Dwarf in the Playground

Oh seriously, did you really think that I was that easy?

Mariam whips round, savagely backhanding the techpriest, then dives behind one of the tables bearing the tools, out of sight. Time seems to slow down to accentuate the coolness of this maneuver, but it doesn't stop her from falling to the ground in a painful heap.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aha, my luck returns. Roll (6) x Cunning (2) = 12 to whack 'im, then dodge out of the way.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Frustrated by Mariam's insistence on walking into danger, Rikka nonetheless fulfills her duty to the master first, trying to coax him back to consciousness and hoping Mariam doesn't get hurt in the time it takes her to catch up.

(Affection = 5x3 = 15 to get Hira back on his feet.)
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #82

BlueWizardGirl

Henrietta too turns her attention to the Master, with a look of pained concern.

"Come on, don't die on us, sir... you can pull through this! I believe in you!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Affection Assist: 3x4=12
    Power o' Friendship: Henrietta takes 2 stress to heal 7 stress.
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

Hira managed to get back up on his, consciousnesses returning the teenaged boy quickly, with a rather dazed look on his face as his vision focused on the two girls that stood at his attention.
    "Thanks." Hira replied somewhat tersely as he took a deep breath and looked around for someone who he felt who was missing.
    "Where's Mariam?" Kono asks matter of factly as he strains his neck a little.
    (Rikka gains 9 favor, Henrietta gains 11)
    __________________________________________________ _____________
    Mariam kick managed to totaled the robot that was about to grab, its arms lay withering slightly silently on the metal floor, as the rest of the andriod exploded in a gory of shards.
    "I will make your lobtozmaation especially painful! Glory to the Dues Mechanscus!" The Tech-Preist screeched, as he fired his bolt pistol at her, missing by a large margin as she ducked under the table, making a loud noise as it pierced the wall behind her and exploded.
    (I rolled a 1 :( )

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

"Stay. Here," so Rikka instructs, leaving no room for discussion, as she dashes after Mariam.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #85

BlueWizardGirl

Henrietta looks distressed.

"Ahh, Mariam is... well, she... umm.... She traded herself for you, Master. They have her."
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

"We've got to go help her, Henrietta -chan. I can't be of much help right now...but you can, I'll get up back to bed by myself." Hira exclaimed as he coughed, now fully upright on his back, but having a hard time getting himself up.

__________________________________________________ ______________
    Rikka dashes into the same room that Mariam fought in, now littered with glowing fragments and a hole in the wall, as she saw the tech-priest aiming his bolt pistol at Mariam, who recently dived under a table for cover, began to fire another round.
    (5x3 =15.)

27. - Top - End - #87
    Dwarf in the Playground

Preparing another grenade with shaking hands out of a smashed beaker and erstwhile container of some sort of bubbling fluid, Mariam thought. So, trapped behind a slowly disintegrating table, being fired at by some sort of transhumanist git with a rapid fire micro-rocket launcher. Well, she'd have to abscond with that, when this was done.

Stand; turn; grin an :awesome: at Rikka as she runs in; and throw. The tech-priest's face makes an appealing target.

Spoiler
    Show
    He shoots, he scores. Mixing up another thermit cocktail using skill, for roll (5) x skill (4) = 20.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

"ARRGH!" The magos screeched, as the improvised grenade melted some of the metal off his face, as the rememnets of his face was two eyeballs and dripping melted metal, and little else, as he drooped his bolt pistol.
    "Cursed technosocery! Let not the weakness of the flesh dissuade me." He yelled while uttering a litany as he pulled out from his cloak a controller with a large red button in his left arm and a less sophisticated but still deadly pistol from the other from his inbuilt weaponary. A burst of laser energy came streaming down at Mariam.
    ((5x3 again...15.)

29. - Top - End - #89

BlueWizardGirl

The color drains from Henrietta's face as she tiptoes towards the sounds of battle.

"I'm not cut out for this... I'm not cut out for this... I'm just a maid!"
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Seeing the irate magus standing there aiming his weapons, Rikka leaps into action and gives him a solid flying kick. It's a solid flying kick with only about a hundred pounds of girl and rather soft indoor shoes behind it, but hopefully it will at least throw off his aim as Rikka bounces rather embarassingly to the floor.

(5 x 1 Athletics; adding to Mariam's attack for the round, and Henrietta's if she makes one.)
    Last edited by Nerd-o-rama; 2008-09-30 at 10:11 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show