New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Fate of Kas'arrata

Ka Yahn

Ka Yahn frowns, rather irritated by this. He wasn't the type you wanted to close the door on- it only made him more interested and determined to get inside. Still, forcing his way in seemed a bit of a poor idea, even if it would work... perhaps another method of entry was in order. The demon begins circling the building, looking for another door or perhaps even a window that was not attended to. Oh yes, he'd get inside. It did peeve him that he was going to miss part of what was going on though- hopefully it wouldn't be too much of a loss.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

Grishak

Grishak is no stranger to blood and death, having spilled and dealt much in his life, but this sickens him far beyond a mere physical sensation. I have killed before, but those were all necessary. I need not resort to some foul ceremony. I think this ceremony ends now.

Yes, yes! These beings are responsible for our psychic torment. End this now, and stop the pain - and hurt someone who obviously rivals our own power.

His instincts tell him to strike now, consequences be damned. Kill these minions and destroy the altar and symbols, but his superior intellect studies the scene for a moment more to gather any final clues before striking.

Spoiler
    Show

K(arcana) (1d20+13)[19]
    K(psionics) (1d20+15)[34]

Am looking for clues to the significance to the ceremony, how and why is it used, how it can be stopped, etc.
    Touchsight is still active if there is a question about what I can see.
    Inertial Armor +9
    Force Screen +4
    Energy Retort (electricity)
    Last edited by Meat Shield; 2008-09-22 at 09:24 AM. Reason: grammar and buffs
    Spoiler
    Show
    Vampire Ninja Death Squirrel by Jacklu
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Mann View Post
    Frankly, we're a bunch of nerds here, and we like to argue.
    Tosk, Ogre Ranger
    Grishak, Blue Psion Nomad
    Otheym, Warforged Ashworm Dragoon

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Ursa
    As you skitter up the side of the building, you notice a halfling sitting in a rocking chair next to the back door. He is whistling to himself and kicking a crutch that is up against the wall. You pass by undeterred, heading towards the chimney and down into it. You notice that the stone spine has two entrances for soot, one is on the second floor (with the fire lit, therefore a very unpleasant option) and the other on the main floor. Assuming you stick with your original plan, you fly down and out of the main floor chimney causing a few coughs and cries of minor surprise but are otherwise unbothered.

Harkaitz
    Janis looks at your hand for a moment, then takes it. Welcome to the Mage's Guild, Mr. Aquilon. May you find your end in a stuffy library, not the end of the Ruby Knight's sword. Janis smiles warmly, then calls Miss Chase in and asks her to fetch his 'stash,' a bottle of dwarven brandy.

Barham
    You stand outside the crowded tavern, seemingly incapable of gaining entry. You soon find out from the grunts and groans of fellow waiting people that the event has closed and entrance is no longer being granted. Supposedly the entire building is sealed up tight.

Ka Yahn
    You make your way around the back of the building, where you find a halfling in a rocking chair, enjoying the evening breeze and smoking a pipe. He looks up at you and pauses a moment, slowly reaching for his crutch. He is unarmed as far as you can tell. He slowly speaks to you in what seems almost like a riddle. Are there enough forks in the back?

Grishak
    The ritual performed here was obviously arcane, but you are not quite sure what purpose it served. Your touch sight reveals nothing except for that which can be plainly seen before you. You realize that, having made no efforts at stealth, it is clearly odd that none of these cultists has made so much as a move in noticing your presence. The clarity of your mind rings almost as violently as the psychic torment you'd suffered before. You delve your mind and recall a small fact involving the torture of psychic creatures. Sometimes, when tortured or harmed excessively, they begin to send up subtly unconscious cries for help, which can become garbled or frustrated over distances or barriers of intelligence or even mindset.
    Being a jerk to people on the internet does not make you cool.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Bugbear in the Playground

Meovai

Meovai sets down his food and turns to listen to the noble that has risen to speak. Maybe now I'll find out what this is all about. Or at least the names of some of these important-looking people I can thank of the food...and maybe ask if they have any interest in joining or financing a martial arts school. The dream (was it?) comes back to him. On second thought, now may not be the best time to look for investors or students. He returns his attention to the noble.

OOC:just making it clear I'm still here; I know one or more other people may need to get inside before the noble speaks.
    Last edited by playswithfire; 2008-09-22 at 11:00 AM.
    Homebrew
    Current Project (A sequel to Tome of Battle)
    Past Projects, some of which I may come back to
    Spoiler
    Show
    Baldric Sea Campaign Setting (work in progress)
    later version of the Sea Dog base class from it

5. - Top - End - #65

PirateCaptain

Ursa the Owl(bear)

Ursa finds an excellent perch in the rafters of the room where she is inobtrusively off to the side, but can hear and see all that goes on in the room and nearby area.

Hide - (1d20+13)[32]
    Listen - (1d20+35)[38]
    Spot - (1d20+29)[43]

Stat Block
    Spoiler
    Show

Ursa: owl(bear) form
    AC 40 (touch 30, flat 34)
    HP 124
    Fort: +14
    Ref: +11
    Will: +17 (+2 vs. fear; +4 vs. Fey)
    20' move (40' fly - average)
    Turn Undead Uses remaining (7)
    30' blindsense
    15' blindsight
    +35 Listen
    +29 Spot
    +19 Move Silent, +13 Hide
    STR 20, DEX 21, CON 18
    0 reach, +1 to size difference makes up for attack difference if needed
    talons 1d4+10 damage currently/1d10+7 bite

Spells/Abilities in Effect
    woodland stride
    trackless step
    venom immunity (poisons)

20th level Gr. Magic Fang (+5 bite)
    20th level Gr. Magic Fang (+5 claws)

11th level longstrider
    11th level endure elements
    11th level listening lorecall
    11th level greater resistance (extended to 48 hours)
    11th level sirine's grace
    11th level bite of the werebear

Brun - bear companion
    AC 26 (touch 12, flat 23)
    HP 108
    Fort: +18
    Ref: +12
    Will: +9
    50' move
    Evasion
    30' blindsense
    Low-light vision
    Scent
    +5 Listen
    +8 Spot

20th level Gr. Magic Fang (claws)

11th level longstrider

*shared spells
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Keishara Embermist in A World Bound Together
    Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Bree Yark in Barrowmaze Grp 2
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Ka Yahn

Hmmm. A secret code, perhaps? Unfortunate that he didn't know the proper response... and threatening him could just make things worse. However, there were other ways of dealing with such a person. Ka Yahn smiles darkly and moves up to the halfling.
    "I'm do not know the answer to your question, halfling, but I do need a way to get inside... perhaps there is a way we can come to an arrangement?"
    He towers over the halfling, not overtly trying to threaten, but still depending more on intimidation to get him what he wants.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Intimidate: (1d20+13)[31]

7. - Top - End - #67

Grishak

Torture! I have seen enough! This ends now! Solut, assist me!

Gladly, friend.

Grishak's eyes flare a brilliant blue as the room is shook by powerful psionic forces. Each prostrate form is hammered by an invisible blast, while the altar is struck by a sickly green ray from an outstretched finger.

For good measure, Grishak then drags his foot through the chalk lines at his feet, destroying the magic symbols and breaking the circle.

Spoiler
    Show

OK, I am assuming the people bowing to the altar are positioned around the slab at 12, 2, 4, 6, 8, and 10 o'clock, with the slab at the center, and myself outside the circle and below the 6:00 position (all from above).

Psionic Disentigrate on the altar slab - 11 pp

Overchanelled Quickened Psionic Blast (should hit everyone in the room) - 13 pp, everyone Will save DC 21 or be stunned for two rounds (until start of my turn three rounds from now). Expend Solut's psionic focus for this.

Move action to shuffle feet around in the chalk
    Last edited by Meat Shield; 2008-09-22 at 11:23 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tosk, Ogre Ranger

8. - Top - End - #68

Grishak

Spoiler
    Show

Damage from Overchannel (3d8)[12]
    - Saving my last psionic focus
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tosk, Ogre Ranger

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Meovai, Ursa, and Slade
    The Merchant Lord's voice is halted by the sudden sound of eerie singing. The entire tavern seems to jolt at the haunting sound of a man's voice carrying down the hallway. In a flash, a tall, dark figure is seen standing on the railing of the second story, overlooking the dinner party and singing quite loudly. He is tall, with long black hair that is slicked back into a tie. He wears blackened armor with blood stains still fresh on it. His demeanor is jaunty, though his face gaunt. He has a long spiked chain wrapped around his waist, which he slowly unfurls. He finishes his song and laughs loudly.

Meovai
    This is the man from your dream, you find yourself shocked to see him in the flesh.

Ka Yahn
    The halfling looks up at you with a sort of twisted smirk. You can't tell if he's scared or smug, but probably a mix of the two. As the slow hum of song in the tavern rises slowly, his face becomes more of a smirk than that of fear. Let me give you some advice, friend. You kill a cripple on the side of the street and you're not gonna get close to what you want. Now, the way I see it is you either don't know what's going on in there or you want to stop it. Truth be told, you probably can't stop what's happening in there. But if you walk in, you're likely to be a target. He smiles, offering his pipe. If you have no love for the Merchants, your noninvolvement would be appreciated. You get the idea that the halfling is perhaps trying to offer you something to not interfere.

Grishak
    You melt the stone slab into dust, blasting each of the cultists from their prostrated position. They fall over onto the floor like sacks of meat-- completely lifeless. Their hoods still hide their features mostly, but you can sort of see one of their faces. It is twisted into abject horror, the eyes twisted up into the back of their heads as if drawn by some force. They are all dead, and it requires no effort to destroy their ritual.

10. - Top - End - #70

Grishak

Shaking off the effects of the strain he endured moments ago, Grishak begins examining the scene.

Hmmmm, dead, but not my work. I am sure that bat that left as we arrived has something to do with this. Solut, I need your help again. I want to examine this room, but need you to watch for the bat or anyone else coming.

I shall be your outside eyes, friend, as Solut releases from his perch and flies up to the roof, keeping an 'eye' on the surrounding area.

Grishak then returns to examining the room, looking to the bodies as well as the furnishings and symbols. He is unsure what he is searching for, but wants to find a clue to who has done this or what his intentions may be.

Spoiler
    Show

Take 20 on Search check, total 32
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tosk, Ogre Ranger

11. - Top - End - #71

Slade

Seeing this man wearing bloody armor with obvious ill intent, Slade slowly, quietly draws his crossbow. He does not load it, nor does he aim it at anyone. He sits and watches quietly.

12. - Top - End - #72

Meovai

Him?! Here?! Why?! Meovai is shocked to see this being again and reflexively assumes a defensive stance before forcing himself to remain calm, at least for a moment. Those who charge in foolishly are batted aside by better prepared opponents. This is one of the tenets of the Monkey Paw discipline. Meovai's eyes lock on the stranger from his dream, awaiting any declaration of intent, either verbal or more physical.

Spoiler
    Show

switching to Shield of Muscle as a free action; if possible, Meovai readies an action to take a 5ft step towards the stranger and execute Wrist Lock if the stranger attacks him; as my surprise round actions, I guess? Unclear if this is combat yet, but that's what Meovai would be ready to do
    Meovai
    M NG Goliath Barbarian/Swordsage/Empty Hand Master, Level 11, Init +2, HP 122/122, Speed 25
    AC 29, Touch 22, Flat-footed 25, Fort +12, Ref +6, Will +14, Base Attack Bonus 8
    +1 Unarmed Strike 20/15 (d8+11, x2)
    +3 Mithril Chain Shirt (+7 Armor, +4 Dex, +2 Deflect, +6 Misc)
    Abilities Str 24, Dex 13, Con 18, Int 10, Wis 22, Cha 8
    Condition Active Stance: Shield of Muscle
    Last edited by playswithfire; 2008-09-22 at 12:50 PM.
    Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Black Water Tavern
    The mystery man hops down onto the table the merchant lords sit at. He wastes no time in turning and slicing deeply into the head merchant's chest with his spiked chain. The others begin to flee and chaos erupts in the small tavern. The whipping blades of the mystery man shoot in each direction, catching each Merchant as he attempts to flee. The man sings loudly still, then stops and emits a loud shout.

Spoiler
    Show

Initiative. If you want to fight, he is not apparently threatening anyone except the merchants he just assassinated. This was the Surprise Round. I'm rolling for everyone nearby, but if you don't want to fight or don't think your character would rush in to see what's happening, feel free to state that you are forgoing engagement and we will continue without you.
    Meovai - (1d20+2)[7]
    Slade - (1d20+8)[19]
    Ursa - (1d20+2)[19]
    KaYahn - (1d20+2)[10]
    Barham - (1d20+1)[21]
    Mysteryman! - (1d20+9)[19]

EDIT:Oh, Meovai, Ursa, and Slade, please make will saves. Meovai, yours is at a -2 due to your proximity to the man.

Grishak
    You wade through the corpses and the ritualworks and search the barge compartment cautiously. You find nothing of apparent value, although you are a bit put off but some of the tools of the ritual you find, including rusted and bloodied surgical tools. It would appear that whatever took place here was done recently and quite haphazardly. You continue searching the room and find what appears to be a small trapdoor, except that it fits seamlessly in with the floor. You cannot pry or open it with your hands.
    Last edited by ocato; 2008-09-22 at 01:29 PM.

14. - Top - End - #74

Slade watches the slaughter silently, ready to engage should he see a need, but for now remaining still. He attempts to judge the condition of those struck by the man's blades from his vantage point--live or dead being his primary question.
    Last edited by Proven_Paradox; 2008-09-22 at 01:55 PM.

15. - Top - End - #75

Meovai

Determined to get some answers from this man who had now intruded upon both his dreams and his dinner, Meovai attempts to stop the Stranger, moving up behind him and wrenching the stranger's one hand off of his spiked chain and then driving it behind his back toward the opposing shoulder blade before asking in a calm but menacing voice Who are you and why are you here?

Spoiler
    Show

Will Save (1d20+12)[28]

Meovai doesn't care about the merchants, but he's got to take this guy down (if he can)

Move action to get over to the stranger, swift action to activate the gauntlet for a +2 to the grapple check, then Elbow lock
    Touch Attack (1d20+20)[21]
    Grapple Check (1d20+36)[52]
    Damage (1d8+11)[12] + (3d6)[6]
    If successful, we're grappling, he's pinned and he's only got one hand on the spiked chain so if he's got a way to use it in a grapple (Wolverine Stance or something), he takes -4 on attack rolls with it.

EDIT: Seriously?? A natural 1 on my first attack action in this campaign? Ugh.
    Last edited by playswithfire; 2008-09-22 at 01:52 PM.
    Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Initiative
    Barham - (1d20+1)[21]
    Mysteryman! - (1d20+9)[19]
    Slade - (1d20+8)[19]
    Ursa - (1d20+2)[19]
    KaYahn - (1d20+2)[10]
    Meovai - (1d20+2)[7]

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Ka Yahn

"If I were fool enough to just kill you, you'd be dead already."
    Ka Yahn says derisively, laughing at the halfling's opinion of him. The halfling clearly didn't know who he was dealing with- the demon only killed people when it aided him, and he knew when murder would be helpful and when it would not. Killing this little guy? Not so much.
    "Your first guess would be correct- I don't know what's going on inside, and I'd like to find out. I'll stay out of it if you tell me what is happening."
    Ka Yahn smirks.

18. - Top - End - #78

Grishak

Down into the rabbit hole...

Again the green ray blazes from his hand, vaporizing the trapdoor and allowing his psionically enhanced senses to extend into the space below.

Spoiler
    Show

Disintegrate on trapdoor 11 pp
    Touchsight to explore below
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tosk, Ogre Ranger

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Barham Leight

Barham reflects that it is an odd necessity that there be far more invitations than there are people inside the inn: after all, not everybody who is handed an apple and an invitation will actually show up. The merchants seem to have overbooked their party, however, and Barham decides not to metaphorically shove his way through the door, waiting outside in the street and contemplating leaving for the baazar. There's a strangeness about empty streets by night that not even a forest at night can match, the sense that people should be here but aren't.

Sounds from inside distract him before he can make his way back through the crowd, though: singing, and shouts, and... a scream. That ain't right.

Barham Leight reaches out and taps the closed door once, twice, thrice with his walking-stick. On the third tap, the door vanishes, and Barham walks through.

Spoiler
    Show
    Time Hop on the door.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Barham
    You pass through the door with ease-- and just in time to be almost trampled by the guests hurriedly leaving. You look up to see a tall goliath standing in the middle of the room, not 10 feet from the table on the dais, where a tall dark figure is swinging a spiked chain through fleeing merchant lords. Having struck them down, he turns and begins shouting in a horrible voice. Ladies and Gentlemen! Do not flee! You've only heard the beginning of my song! Now it's time...for the chorus.

Meovai
    The dark figure begins swinging his spiked chain overhead, focusing on you. His hellish scream sends shivers down your spine, but you resist succumbing to fear. He laughs at you a bit, then twists his body as if gaining some semblance of energy from the motion. With this he sends the spiked chain flying at your feet. As he strikes he calls out to you. You shun me as your student, master and worse yet, you do not fear me? Perhaps this will put the fear in you!

Spoiler
    Show

Energy Summoned= "Divine" Might feat
    Touch attack for the trip (1d20+19)[39]
    Opposed roll for the trip (1d20+14)[18]
    Attacking after a successful trip (power attack -10) (1d20+19)[35]
    Damage (if successful) [roll]2d4+15+20+9+4[/roll]

Slade
    You sit tight, watching the Goliath and this "Chorus" creature engage in battle. It's not clear who the apparent winner is, but you are safe as far as being detected is concerned.

Ka Yahn
    Gurb groans a bit, sitting up in his chair and reaching for his crutch. Couldn't tell you for sure. All I know is... you know that Shipping Guild that everyone thinks skipped town? Rolled over for the Merchants? Well I got news for you. They're making a come-back, an' Ol' Gurb's glad to have em back. You've never seen such tyrants as these damn merchants. I just hope my buddy in there is smart enough to keep his nose out of things that don't concern him. Gurb sighes a bit. I tried to be subtle, but that kind of news can't be transferred... If the Shippers knew I was blabbing their assassination plan they'd have me in there getting cut up like a Full Moon Ham too-- or worse. Gurb gets up and begins to slowly hobble away. You can go in if you really want, the door's hardly locked. However if what I heard is true, the thing they set loose in there isn't going to be done playing til it's belly is full. As for ol' Gurb? I got a boat to catch.

Grishak
    It appears that the hatch leads to an opening in the barge that does down a few feet and meets the murky water. The howling sea wind and the coming autumn suggest that the water would be very, very cold. Worse yet, you notice a foul stench rising up.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    The damage probably won't be a factor (way to fail that trip Chorus) but here's the rerolled damage just in case. (2d4+48)[52]. And yes, I realize that's a lot of damage. I'm not murdering people or something, this is all for a purpose.

22. - Top - End - #82

PirateCaptain

Ursa

Not sure who the 'man' was or why he was attacking the people here, his attacks appeared to be unprovoked. His shout, sends chills up her feathered flesh (WillSave - (1d20+19)[35]). This creature needs to be stopped, she thinks. Flying down from her perch, Ursa flits through the whirling chain's swings (Current AC is 40) and then the owl flies directly above the assailant and begins shifting its shape and grows to large size replacing feathers with fur and a large brown bear thumps down atop of the chainwielder.

ooc:
    I am not sure how you want to have the bearry-flop in game, but I am assuming it is akin to an attack of some sort.

Stat Block
    Spoiler
    Show

Ursa:
    Brown Bear Form
    Speed: 40(50) ft. (8 squares)
    Armor Class: 37, touch 25, flat 36
    Base Attack/Grapple: +8/+33
    Attack: Claw +29 melee (2d6+21)
    Full Attack: 2 claws +29 melee (2d6+21) and bite +27 melee (3d8+13)
    Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
    Special Attacks: Improved grab
    Saves: Fort +18, Ref +9, Will +17 (+2 vs. fear; +4 vs. Fey)
    Abilities: Str 27(43), Dex 13(17), Con 19(27), Int 12, Wis 24, Cha 18

Improved Grab (Ex): To use this ability, a dire bear must hit with a claw attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity.

Turn Undead Uses remaining (7)
    30' blindsense
    15' blindsight
    +27 Listen
    +21 Spot

woodland stride
    trackless step
    venom immunity (poisons)

20th level Gr. Magic Fang (+5 bite)
    20th level Gr. Magic Fang (+5 claws)

11th level longstrider
    11th level endure elements
    11th level listening lorecall
    11th level sirine's grace

Last edited by Darius; 2008-09-22 at 03:27 PM.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Keishara Embermist in A World Bound Together
    Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Bree Yark in Barrowmaze Grp 2
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

23. - Top - End - #83

Spoiler
    Show

Avoiding being tripped? (1d20+14)[30]. Good; two pathetic rolls in a row would have annoyed me.
    Last edited by playswithfire; 2008-09-22 at 03:18 PM.
    Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #84

Grishak

Probably the victim of the ceremony....Not getting in that water though. Solut?

On my way.

Grishak uses the cover of night to exit the house and watch towards the shore as Solut flies down and climbs along the underside of the hull, searching for the source of the foul smell.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tosk, Ogre Ranger

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Ursa
    You transform into a mighty bear, falling down next to the surprised man. However, he is single-minded in his pursuit of his next victim, the Goliath that shunned him.

Spoiler
    Show
    I imagine moving and wildshaping and attacking is a bit much for one turn. Also, this way I don't have to go back and alter the rest of the actions. If that's super-obnoxious or seems wrong to you, please say so and we'll work something more fair out. PS: Sorry for botching up initiative. I hate to do it, but I have to be somewhere, so we'll have to cliffhanger this for now. If you want to give me some if/but/ors for your next couple turns, that will streamline the process greatly.
    Last edited by ocato; 2008-09-22 at 03:22 PM.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Harkaitz

Harkaitz gladly accepts Mantra's offer of brandy. He sits there with a kind of smug grin on his face, completely oblivious to the murder in progress elsewhere in the city.
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    GMing The Lotus Blossoms! [Exalted 3E] (OOC)
    Playing Waldaharjaz in The Convergence of Sky [Exalted 3E]
    Playing Rivers in Welcome to Thorns [Exalted 3E]

27. - Top - End - #87

Quote Originally Posted by ocato View Post
    As he strikes he calls out to you. You shun me as your student, master and worse yet, you do not fear me? Perhaps this will put the fear in you!
    Meovai
    Avoiding the swinging chain, Meovai closes on his unknown attacker, grabs an arm still moving from the force of swinging the chain and uses the momentum to flip the stranger onto his back. He then adjusts his grip and attempts to wrench the stranger's arm from its socket. I will neither train nor fear a man who kills the defenseless. Now, what are you doing here?

Spoiler
    Show

5 foot step to get in melee range, then Comet Throw to drop him in the square behind me (i.e. where I was before 5 ft step); visual is flipping him over my shoulder
    Touch Attack (1d20+20)[30] Trip Attempt (1d20+24)[39] Damage (4d6)[18]
    If that works, using follow through; swift action to adjust grip; move action to use Shoulder Lock
    Touch Attack (1d20+20)[32] Grapple Attempt (1d20+34)[37] Damage (d8+11)[15] + (5d6)[17] Fort save DC 21 to halve the bonus damage and prevent one arm being useless for (2d4)[5] rounds

Please let me know if any of the homebrew seems way too powerful and I'll work with you to tweak it. This is me playtesting it.

Combat Block
    Spoiler
    Show

Meovai
    M NG Goliath Barbarian/Swordsage/Empty Hand Master, Level 11, Init +2, HP 122/122, Speed 25
    AC 29, Touch 22, Flat-footed 25, Fort +12, Ref +6, Will +14, Base Attack Bonus 8
    +1 Sweeping Unarmed Strike 20/15 (d8+11, x2)
    +3 Mithril Chain Shirt (+7 Armor, +4 Dex, +2 Deflect, +6 Misc)
    Abilities Str 24, Dex 13, Con 18, Int 10, Wis 22, Cha 8
    Condition Active Stance: Shield of Muscle
    Last edited by playswithfire; 2008-09-22 at 07:08 PM.
    Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Meovai
    The spiked end of the chain wraps around your ankle firmly. However, you hold strong, denying the man in his attempt to trip you. He slacks the chain and pulls it back, attempting to reclaim his weapon. You move in on him, flanking him between you and the sudden extra contributor, a large monstrous bear. You reach out to grab at him but trip coming up the Dais. You regain your footing and the fight continues at a stalemate.

Grishak
    You quickly find that the stench disappears. Whatever caused it has slipped beneath the murky waves and disappeared from most discernible methods. Solut seems to agree that, unless you have some plans involving a deepsea dive, it may be wise to research another avenue of behavior.

Harkaitz
    After a few moments, Miss Chase reappears (in a new outfit, something informal and attractive) with a bottle of dwarven brandy. She sets the bottle and some glasses down on the desk and begins to walk over towards Mantra, who gives her a look that clearly says "Get lost." She does so and moves out of the room quickly. I admit, Master Aquilon, that I believe I know more about the city and it's workings than you do. However, I am very interested in your theories for the supremacy of our Mage's Guild. Please, tell me about your ideas.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

Ka Yahn

The demon watches the little lame man start hobbling away, then cautiously opens the back door and steps inside, trying to remain quiet. No doubt the fight going on will aid his efforts at silence.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move Silently: (1d20+2)[15]
    Hide: (1d20+2)[18]

30. - Top - End - #90
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Harkaitz

Harkaitz takes a glass.

"Civil war breeds chaos at an exponential rate. With as many competing factions as there are in the city, civil war is almost inevitable... but chaos is unacceptable. We can't let the situation get out of hand. We can't let chaos take over. That's why I say we take as much of the city as we can safely into our protection... at least until the threat of destabilization has passed. If that means conquering the whole thing... then we'll just have to conquer the whole thing."

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh yeah, he's Lawful.
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    GMing The Lotus Blossoms! [Exalted 3E] (OOC)
    Playing Waldaharjaz in The Convergence of Sky [Exalted 3E]
    Playing Rivers in Welcome to Thorns [Exalted 3E]