New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast

Thread: Goblins

1. - Top - End - #661
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Goblins

She may decide to get some revenge, or her supposedly high Int may make her realise that she'll need help to get out of the city in 1 piece.
    "It doesn't matter what you think I'm supposed to be, 'cause I myself know all too well." Line from "King of My World" by Saliva.
    Good itP 2009 winner,Cleric itP Winner.
    Taking Reiki requests. PM me for details.
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #662
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tempest Fennac View Post
    She may decide to get some revenge, or her supposedly high Int may make her realise that she'll need help to get out of the city in 1 piece.
    This seems quite plausible. Intelligence in monsters often leads to logical conclusions on their part.
    This avatar pierces the heavens and is by Miss Nobody!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

3. - Top - End - #663
    Ettin in the Playground

To be fair, she also seems to be the only plausible solution to Chief's predicament, especially since she may know where the 4 keys are.
    "It doesn't matter what you think I'm supposed to be, 'cause I myself know all too well." Line from "King of My World" by Saliva.
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #664
    Ogre in the Playground

I like her.
    Tali avatar by the talented Thormag.

5. - Top - End - #665
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, so that's what Vaarsuvius would have turned out like if s/he went for archery instead of magic. And was scaly and non-gender-ambiguous.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die - Ever drifting down the stream - Lingering in the golden gleam - Life, what is it, but a dream?
    - Lewis Carroll

6. - Top - End - #666
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Ah, so that's what Vaarsuvius would have turned out like if s/he went for archery instead of magic. And was scaly and non-gender-ambiguous.
    I get like that when I am nervous, or have too much caffeine in my system. Oh, I am no Vaarsvious, but English? Me good with big words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calanon View Post
    Raven_Cry's comments often have the effects of a +5 Tome of Understanding

7. - Top - End - #667
    Ogre in the Playground

When I saw Chief looking at the spear after Kin's comment about leverage, I thought the next panel would be him rigging some device up, using the spear as a lever.

8. - Top - End - #668
    Troll in the Playground

That's exactly what I thought, too. When I read Kin's comment about "Don't make me shoot you!" I honestly thought for a second that she was misinterpreting his actions.

Hmm... that spear can split up into several, right? Theoretically, he could throw it at the locks, have it turn into four, and be able to simultaneously unlock 'em all that way. Perhaps he could do something similar to turn the wheel.
    Last edited by The Linker; 2009-02-22 at 05:29 PM.

9. - Top - End - #669
    Ettin in the Playground

I doubt it would be easy to smash them; while the javeline is likely to have a ridiculously high cost due to the number of improvements it has, the fact that the mayor is paranoid and/or evil enough about attacks to let GS torture I-don't-know-how many creatures to supposedly get information on how to kill them suggests he won;t have taken chances with making the locks smash-proof.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #670
    Orc in the Playground

The glowing vents have me wondering what's beneath this gate room. Like, maybe manual power isn't the only way to get the wheel turning.

11. - Top - End - #671
    Troll in the Playground

I doubt it would be easy to smash them; while the javeline is likely to have a ridiculously high cost due to the number of improvements it has, the fact that the mayor is paranoid and/or evil enough about attacks to let GS torture I-don't-know-how many creatures to supposedly get information on how to kill them suggests he won;t have taken chances with making the locks smash-proof.
    I didn't say "smash 'em," I said "unlock them." Lockpicking! Sure, it might not work, but it's still worth a try to stick it in and twist it around a bit. Besides, if he was going to smash them he wouldn't need to do that simultaneously, would he?

12. - Top - End - #672
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

So the crossbow bolts were enchanted, so that's not good for the Minotaur.

I like Kin. I kinda hope she joins the Goblins. I mean they still need a wizard and a rogue.

While I want the escape from Brassmoon part of the story to finish, I'm still wondering what's going on in The Well of Shadows. I like Dies and that lizardfolk guy, what's his name, K'seliss?
    Two by two, hands of blue.

13. - Top - End - #673
    Titan in the Playground

I'm still expecting that thing that killed the owlbear to do something...

14. - Top - End - #674
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    I was just thinking: "Like V- Only cute!"
    The Impossible Thing Before Breakfast- "The GM is the author of the story and the players direct the actions of the protagonists." Widely repeated across many role-playing texts. Neither sub-clause in the sentence is possible in the presence of the other.

15. - Top - End - #675
    Ettin in the Playground

It's strange that the bolts don't glow like other magic weapons. I wonder if it's only the weapons themselves which usually glow? That would explain why the bows don't glow either if it's only the ammo which is magical. I'm not as bothered about DH. It's mainly because I hate Saves a Fox for obvious reasons. His cowardice annoys me as well, though.
    Last edited by Tempest Fennac; 2009-02-24 at 11:45 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #676
    Dwarf in the Playground

I was actually assuming that she was just bluffing. It would make sense, given the situation. And it's a grunts crossbow. And it's not glowy, which signifies magic. Magic is ALWAYS glowy!
    I had a witty quote, but it was too long, so you get this instead.

17. - Top - End - #677
    Ettin in the Playground

That is a possible solution to the question. It would make more sense considering how Raging Complains of Names With a +1 Sword and Rage was more then a match for a few of the "elite" guards.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #678
    Orc in the Playground

It's mainly because I hate Saves a Fox for obvious reasons. His cowardice annoys me as well, though.
    Wait, why do you hate Saves a Fox? Is it because despite her I can-defy-fate attitude, she did in fact, "save the fox" (she still keeps the tail)?

19. - Top - End - #679
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheSummoner View Post
    I thought that was Nail

But looking at the comic where the owlbear died, You can see that it has purple skin and 4 fingers (including thumb). I also notice that it has a prominent eyebrow (or brow ridge) and is probably bipedal.

I can't really tell what race it is...
    Bombastic founder of the "That guy with a Halberd" Fanclub
    Wanna see this guy return? Click here for more information
    Check out my Spaceatar by Geiger Counter here
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    I am laughing my head off and applauding your tactic genius all at the same time. Bravo, good sir...
    FighterITP : Silver

20. - Top - End - #680
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ichini_sanshigo View Post
    Wait, why do you hate Saves a Fox? Is it because despite her I can-defy-fate attitude, she did in fact, "save the fox" (she still keeps the tail)?
    Judging from avatar and username (a fennec is a type of fox) as well as the comment about it being obvious, I'd say Fennac hates her because she killed one of those cute little canids...
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

21. - Top - End - #681
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ichini_sanshigo View Post
    I think it's because she killed a fox.

22. - Top - End - #682
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheSummoner View Post
    He was probably just a Chekhov's Gun, to remind us that the Goblins have allies if they ever needed them, whoever he is he should be in the fight now.
    Last edited by Jahkaivah; 2009-02-24 at 06:54 PM.
    Steamname: Atheist God, if you're lucky.

23. - Top - End - #683
    Ettin in the Playground

Gez and Lissou are both perfectly right. (You both deserve a cookie for those explanations .) Considering how prominant that purple guy's debut was, it seems odd that he isn't in the main fight, unless he's part of one of the other groups which Thaco refered to (there is a distinct possibilty that Thunt will swerve us by having him as being completely unimportant to the plot, but I'm assuming he'll have a major inpact on the escape).
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #684
    Titan in the Playground

"prominent debut"? "swerve us"?
    Frankly, I see no indication whatsoever that this guy will play any meaningful role or be seen ever again.
    All purpose he served was to show that the "monsters" are capable of compassion and camaraderie. His person per se is absolutely unimportant here, it's the principle that counts. I wouldn't be surprised to see him reappear, as Thunt pays far more attention to consistency of this kind than most artists, but I would hardly say he had a prominent debut or that him not appearing again would be Thunt swerving us.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die - Ever drifting down the stream - Lingering in the golden gleam - Life, what is it, but a dream?
    - Lewis Carroll

25. - Top - End - #685
    Ettin in the Playground

That's one way of looking at it. I just assumed a highly distinct monster doing something like that on their first appearance is likely to be foreshadowing.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #686
    Titan in the Playground

Hmmm... you know, after thinking about it a bit, I'm starting to shift to your position. The presentation of that creature in the strip it appeared in was quite ominous, that's one for sure...
    LGBTitP Supporter
    - Lewis Carroll

27. - Top - End - #687
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hands_Of_Blue View Post
    So the crossbow bolts were enchanted, so that's not good for the Minotaur.
    I think that's Goblin Slayer's personal crossbow. I don't think the rank and file get enchanted crossbows on the off chance that all the monsters in the dungeon somehow manage to escape.

I like Kin. I kinda hope she joins the Goblins. I mean they still need a wizard and a rogue.
    I like her too, but she might overshadow the rest of the GAP. She's just the teensiest bit over their CR.

While I want the escape from Brassmoon part of the story to finish, I'm still wondering what's going on in The Well of Shadows. I like Dies and that lizardfolk guy, what's his name, K'seliss?
    True, it looks like a good crawl, but it (at the moment) doesn't seem to add to the story. It's the "A rockslide separates the party. Now you guys come over on Saturdays, and you three come over on Sundays, and we'll see what we can do to reunite you guys later." Usually done because some members of the group are having "issues" with the other members. Been there, did that.

Love this story, and I'm glad that Thunt seems to be picking up steam again. Moving takes a lot out of a guy!
    Thanks to Ceika (X2), Yeril, Holammer and Dr. Bath for the Avatars!
    New Avatar, new form of self-destruction! Ceika is Beyond Awesome!

28. - Top - End - #688
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Surfing HalfOrc View Post
    I think that's Goblin Slayer's personal crossbow.
    I think that, like Chief, you just failed an opposed Sense Motive check.

29. - Top - End - #689
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    I think that, like Chief, you just failed an opposed Sense Motive check.
    My opinion as well, unless all the crossbow bolts ever since the beginning of the Brassmoon arc have been enchanted -- which, to be fair, could explain why they look so odd -- and that would be a ton of money invested in ammunitions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

30. - Top - End - #690
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Surfing HalfOrc View Post
    I think that's Goblin Slayer's personal crossbow. I don't think the rank and file get enchanted crossbows on the off chance that all the monsters in the dungeon somehow manage to escape.
    This is how I know it isn't Goblinslayer's crossbow.
    [/discussion]

On another note, I believe that Kin was bluffing. Unless Brassmoon city has some cheap, magical item creation, infrastructure; it would be obscenely expensive to equip so many soldiers with magical weapons.
    Bombastic founder of the "That guy with a Halberd" Fanclub
    Wanna see this guy return? Click here for more information
    Check out my Spaceatar by Geiger Counter here
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    I am laughing my head off and applauding your tactic genius all at the same time. Bravo, good sir...
    FighterITP : Silver