New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2035363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1478

Thread: Goblins

1. - Top - End - #1321
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Goblins

Hmmph, well, if, by pure chance, Kore decides to come over to Brassmoon after wiping out the defenseless main clan home, I wonder if he will kill GS... You know to show his baddrearness from story point of view, and to cleanse the half magic-plant, half human from this world?
    "one who has no light to give, loves the darkness"
    Legends of Istanbul 1 - Tulip Warriors

Spoiler
    Show
    "in arenam logicae, pugno inarmatus"
    Red Mage - nuklearpower

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by marquiz View Post
    Hmmph, well, if, by pure chance, Kore decides to come over to Brassmoon after wiping out the defenseless main clan home, I wonder if he will kill GS... You know to show his baddrearness from story point of view, and to cleanse the half magic-plant, half human from this world?
    If Kore would be out to kill Dellyn, then he would rationalize it by stating, that Dellyn is tainted because of all the monsters he had prolonged contact with.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

I wanted to point out to Goblins fans the following new AMAZING fan art: http://bardoftheseas.deviantart.com/...nart-127900987

Enjoy

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by kda View Post
    I wanted to point out to Goblins fans the following new AMAZING fan art: http://bardoftheseas.deviantart.com/...nart-127900987

Enjoy
    Flippitey sveet.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Ogre in the Playground

Enjoy
    Very nice.

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Troll in the Playground

Enjoy
    That is... Wow.

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Radar View Post
    If Kore would be out to kill Dellyn, then he would rationalize it by stating, that Dellyn is tainted because of all the monsters he had prolonged contact with.
    Or by casting detect evil....

Enjoy
    That is freaking awesome.
    Last edited by Lizard Lord; 2009-07-01 at 10:42 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1328
    Ogre in the Playground

Kore does not strike me as particularly rational. I bet he'll find Goblinslayer torturing a goblin, kill him for torturing the goblin (torture is evil), then kill the goblin for being evil, then kill a passing ant for observing and not doing anything.
    Then whistle on his merry way, giving some kids a sermon about drugs.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm fairly certain that Kore doesn't bother with Detect Evil.

Also that he'd probably kill the kids as well. Just for the fact that even with his lecture, they might be tempted to do drugs, and then foster evil.
    I had a witty quote, but it was too long, so you get this instead.

10. - Top - End - #1330
    Ettin in the Playground

Do you think Kore can even used DE? So far I don't think he's used a single Paladin class feature, unless those grains which he used to cast Speak With Dead are a variant class feature somehow.
    "It doesn't matter what you think I'm supposed to be, 'cause I myself know all too well." Line from "King of My World" by Saliva.
    Good itP 2009 winner,Cleric itP Winner.
    Taking Reiki requests. PM me for details.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1331
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tempest Fennac View Post
    Do you think Kore can even used DE? So far I don't think he's used a single Paladin class feature, unless those grains which he used to cast Speak With Dead are a variant class feature somehow.
    Those are more of some magic item or something.
    Guess what spell I cast before posting this message.

12. - Top - End - #1332
    Barbarian in the Playground

Thac0: My kingdom is great. You have no power over me.

Done here. Thanks, friends.

13. - Top - End - #1333
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Angel View Post
    Thaco humiliated GS (and he was Great in doing it), but we all know that the worst mistake you can do, is to leave alive your sworn enemy.
    It depends on how resurrection works in the Goblins world. If GS troops could bring him back from the dead then this is clearly the best choice.
    Avatar: ruthless Parson (Erfworld).

14. - Top - End - #1334
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tempest Fennac View Post
    I assumed from GS's reaction from Cain's death that there's either no resurrection magic in Goblins, diamonds are really rare or that Brassmoon lacks a level 13 or better Cleric. Based on GS's apparent mid-level and the fact that he managed to gain enough power to get a large amount of armed guards and funding for dungeons, I'm tempted to assume that higher level characters are really rare in this world, so even a Raise Dead may be out of the question.
    That does seem to be the case. It seems fairly likely that Goblin Slayer is only Level 7 or so, but is considered high level simply because there aren't very many characters around of that level. It would also explain how Big Ears had any shot at taking Cain early.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

15. - Top - End - #1335
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Friv View Post
    That does seem to be the case. It seems fairly likely that Goblin Slayer is only Level 7 or so, but is considered high level simply because there aren't very many characters around of that level. It would also explain how Big Ears had any shot at taking Cain early.
    He had a very powerful artefact, from the looks of things.
    Maybe the demon killed all the high level characters?
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

16. - Top - End - #1336
    Titan in the Playground

Speaking of Kore, I don't think he is quite as psychopathic as people make him out to be here. Of course, he is a vile, insane murderer, but I don't think he would consider "keeing evil creatures captive for the purpose of torturing and killing them" evil or associating with evil. The reason he gave for killing that dwarf kid was because he assumed there was a slight chance he might grow up to sympathise with monsters. Which, well, is correct. Of course, to kill him for that turns Kore into a horrible monster, but it's not like he simply made up a reason out of nothing.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die - Ever drifting down the stream - Lingering in the golden gleam - Life, what is it, but a dream?
    - Lewis Carroll

17. - Top - End - #1337
    Ettin in the Playground

Regarding Cain, he was at a huge disadvantage from the start due to his weapon being useless againt Big Ears. Once he lost most of his AC, and his magic weapon, he was pretty much dependant on trying to grapple, which didn't work out too well due to the axe's properties.
    "It doesn't matter what you think I'm supposed to be, 'cause I myself know all too well." Line from "King of My World" by Saliva.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1338
    Dwarf in the Playground

Big Ears was pretty lucky that Cain didn't decide to simply beat the stuffing out of him with his bare hands after the first time the axe failed to cause any injury.

19. - Top - End - #1339
    Ettin in the Playground

That would have generated AOOs, unless Cain had Improved Unarmed Strike, though. Also, we don't know how high BE's AC was once he got the armour. (It looked like Full Plate, so that would be +8 without magical enhancements, BE is Small so that's another +1, and we don't have a clue what his Dex modifier is.)
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1340
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Speaking of Kore, I don't think he is quite as psychopathic as people make him out to be here. Of course, he is a vile, insane murderer, but I don't think he would consider "keeing evil creatures captive for the purpose of torturing and killing them" evil or associating with evil. The reason he gave for killing that dwarf kid was because he assumed there was a slight chance he might grow up to sympathise with monsters. Which, well, is correct. Of course, to kill him for that turns Kore into a horrible monster, but it's not like he simply made up a reason out of nothing.
    OK. Keeping evil monsters puts you in contact with them, meaning there is a chance you will pick up habits, talk and eventually sympathize with them. Same thing.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

21. - Top - End - #1341
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Minion992929 View Post
    OK. Keeping evil monsters puts you in contact with them, meaning there is a chance you will pick up habits, talk and eventually sympathize with them. Same thing.
    So what you're saing is that being raised by someone is the same as keeping that person captive and subjected to constant torture?

22. - Top - End - #1342
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Minion992929 View Post
    Umm... what Johnny Blade said. Being raised by someone seems a lot more inclined to generate sympathy towards them than keeping them captive for the sole purpose of torturing them in order to kill them better.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die - Ever drifting down the stream - Lingering in the golden gleam - Life, what is it, but a dream?
    - Lewis Carroll

23. - Top - End - #1343
    Titan in the Playground

I agree with Winterwind and Johnny Blade in that Kore isn't likely to kill Goblinslayer for "associating" with monsters. If anything, he'd berate him for getting defeated by a goblin which lead to monsters escaping. Still, I think that a team-up of Kore and Goblinslayer isn't unlikely.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

24. - Top - End - #1344
    Ogre in the Playground

The real question though is what Kore would do if he found out GS had been associating with someone who killed and looted a paladin.

25. - Top - End - #1345

I think you can safely assume given his behaviour that he isn't likely to give two (or even a single) hoots about what the hell other paladins do, or what happens to them.

26. - Top - End - #1346
    Dwarf in the Playground

After all, a dead Paladin is a Paladin who either failed in their Divine Mission or was too old to be of use to the Divine Mission. Kore is a fanatic after all. No-one else would be so methodically brutal in a cause.

27. - Top - End - #1347

Quote Originally Posted by Kalbron View Post
    After all, a dead Paladin is a Paladin who either failed in their Divine Mission or was too old to be of use to the Divine Mission. Kore is a fanatic after all. No-one else would be so methodically brutal in a cause.
    However, GS's buddy was threatening to release a high level demon in the world, and that's definetely evil.

If anything, I believe that Cain will finally feel doubt when he's faced with a goblin paladin.

28. - Top - End - #1348
    Firbolg in the Playground

Who is this Cain person everybody's talking about? If you're talking about Saral Caine, I don't think he currently needs doubting about anything, given that he's kinda, you know, dead. If you're talking about the dwarven fundie, then his name is Kore as far as we know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

29. - Top - End - #1349
    Halfling in the Playground

I wouldn't be surprised if core is the highest level adventurer in Thunt's world.
    If we the spirits hath offended, think but this and all is mended; that you didst slumber here, whilst this message didst appear.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

30. - Top - End - #1350

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    Who is this Cain person everybody's talking about? If you're talking about Saral Caine, I don't think he currently needs doubting about anything, given that he's kinda, you know, dead. If you're talking about the dwarven fundie, then his name is Kore as far as we know.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one confused about this.
    Done here. Thanks, friends.