New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: Total War 2125

1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Total War 2125

Message to the United Nations, from the Liberated Union of South Americans, delivered by Vicente Ramirez:

We, the people of South America, wish to achieve a more peaceful unity with the world around us. Yes, ours is a nation baptized in blood, but so many other nations were born this way as well, and it does not seem to mar their reputation. So, we are willing to show that we are not truly as bloodthirsty as we seem. Like all nations, we simply strive for peace and prosperity within our own borders, and while we have had our share of hard times in the past, a new sun is about to rise on our continent. Peace will come within our borders, and to show our dedication to peace without, we are preparing a disarmament of approximately 20% of our own armed forces, as we believe that having such a huge military force is not required to seek peace. Many of these soldiers will be going over to Europe, where they will help with construction projects to build hospitals, universities, and new roadways. This is to assure that we strive for peace in our time.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I hope that we can all achieve greatness for our nations, and peace with one another. Good health, and good luck to you all.

The following day, an unidentified civilian transport craft is seen sailing off the coast of Florida. When custom officials check the cargo holds, they find a few dozen men bound, gagged, and blindfolded. They wear South American military uniforms, some ranking as high as lieutenant. Around each of their necks hangs the infamous portrait of President Han with the worlds "La Reina Muerte" scribbled on. A handwritten note is found in the captains quarters, with a wildflower like the ones found on the NAC embassy building. It simply reads: A gift to Senora Presidente.
    Last edited by Pumpkin3.1415; 2008-09-23 at 08:44 AM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

Missive from Space Pope Julius to Jacob Vaughn Jr.
    Spoiler
    Show

I have been watching both you and your father these last few years, and it warms my heart to see such charity. However, as I understand it many of these people have yet to accept Christ. This is most disconcerting, what good is it to care for their bodies if their souls are in mortal danger? The church is willing to increase donations dramatically, provided that the word is spread to these lost souls.

Your Brother in Christ,
    Pope Julius

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

Message to Los Ecos
    Spoiler
    Show

The NRE turned down the deal offered to us by Solaris. As of this time we have no need for foreign weapons. But, we will of course remember our allies in South America and will come to you first should we require any equipment.

Parades in Rome and San Marino

Thousands take to the streets in celebration of the peaceful and joyous unification of the Empire and San Marino. His Imperial Highness Umberto V speaking before a crowd announced that this is an important first step for unity throughout Europe and the emergence of a new European superpower.

Gladio agents escalate efforts
    Spoiler
    Show

Gladio agents within Croatia and Switzerland are told to strengthen their efforts towards unification. They will begin encouraging even further protests, work stoppages and denial of access to roads and trains by blocking roads and tracks.

Bribes will also be paid to politicians to encourage them to bring to the floor bills that will promote unity with Rome. Politicians opposed to the measure will be blackmailed and slandered to either change their votes or abstain from voting all together.

Emperor Umberto speaks out about the riots, Ambassadors sent to affected nations.

The Roman Emperor spoke today about the ongoing violence in Croatia and Swizterland. While the Emperor and the nation as a whole is deplores the violence perpetuated against their fellow Europeans he feels that these movements that have gripped the nation represent a step forward for European Unity and that the governments should listen to their people's demands. He announces that diplomatic teams will be sent to both Croatia and Swizterland to discuss what terms could be reached for a peaceful and quick unification with the Empire which will allow those governments to continue running themselves internally as provinces of the Empire.

Message to Gladio sleepers in Austria-Hungary and South Prussia
    Spoiler
    Show

Begin gathering dirt on the politicians who supported entry into the WDP and exposing it to discredit their intentions. If dirt can not be found, fabricate it. Turn the people against the WDP and the NAC as a gorup of foreign meddlers and interveners seeking to dominate Europe through an economic stranglehold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayn
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Tarem View Post
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Cornerstone

... The Empire's idea of Unity is not at all what you or I would mean by the term. When they speak of European Unity, do what I do. Read "Roman Empire".

Take Switzerland and Croatia These countries showed no leanings to Imperialsim until fairly recently. The Emperor's little idea that they are simply reflecting their people's will is absurd. Instead, we have reports of a large, pro imperial operation at work throughout Europe. Our information is still being gathered, and the public will be kept informed. All governments of Europe will receive all pertinent information on this group.

We would also like to remind the Emperor that we have yet to receive any form of apology at the death of our ambassador.

The NUE is sending representatives to Switzerland and Croatia. Once more, any help their governments or people wish shall be given, free of charge or condition. We will not press for expansion, as Umberto does. We wish merely to help
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

In Auromar, Histantos Illist, Aasimar Warlock.

5. - Top - End - #35

Imperial Rebuttal to Cornerstone

Recently, the supposedely esteemed Prime Minister Cornerstone of the Union of Northern Europe has attacked the character of our great nation. He claims that the unity driven spirit of Croatia and Switzerland is actually the work of a vast, secret imperial organization attempting to dominate the world. Well this is not an organization of the body, it is an organization of the spirit and the mind. It is made up of all Europeans who say 'No to slavery!' they reject any and all occupation by non-europeans. They reject economic slavery where Europeans are beholden to outsiders for their monetary needs. They are the people who call for all Europeans to stand united to form a new European superpower so that we shall never be slaves to outside influence!

Cornerstone also demanded that I personally issue an apology for the death of a UNE ambassador as if I personally pulled the trigger. I ask you this, if a criminal drives a FIAT car to a crime, or uses a beretta pistol in the course of the robbery are FIAT and Beretta equally responsible for the crime? No, of course not. The criminal is the one who has misused those tools. It is the same here, those involved in the murder took it upon themselves to commit this course of action. Placing the blame on myself, or the Empire is merely hatemongering.

Meanwhile, the Union is attempting to subvert the pro-unity desires of the people by sending government agents to Croatia and Swizterland. Yet, they claim they are not interested in expanding even as they court more nations to join their union. We must remain vigilant now and forever against these threats to European unity.
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Orc in the Playground

End of Turn 2

Cries of the "The Tsar is dead long live the Tsar" echo throughout the streets of Moscow and Volgograd. Tsar Kurd died in his sleep at age ninety-four, his fifty two year reign is the longest in Russian history. Many of the faithful in Russia are pressuring the church to make him a saint. The Pope is leaving from the moon to preside over both the funeral and Gern's coronation. Gern has publicly asked Prime Minister Cornerstone, a close personal friend of the tsar, to give a peach at the funeral.

A militant uprising in south Brazil, calling itself the Sons of Liberty, has claimed responsibility for several bombings of LUSA military bases.

Solaris campaign in Nigeria has suffered a major set back, apparently Nigerian rebels have managed to get a hold of dozens of Solaris tanks.

A wave of excitement spreads through Pandora. Their scientists have made a major breakthrough but at the moment the world can only speculate in what field.

Croatia passes the Bill of Unification, making it yet another addition to the growing Empire. A similar bill Passed the Swiss Council of states, but faces staunch opposition in the National Council.

Several outspoken critics of the empire have been assanated, UNE agents have routed out many pro-European unity terrorist cells. The Empire denies any involvement.

Covert message to Vicente Ramirez
    Spoiler
    Show

We have done as you asked, we have assurances that Gern will be significantly more amiable than his predecessor.

Your Eastern Brother P J

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Cornerstone

BBC, Public Rebuttal to Emperor Umberto

Cornerstone looks slightly tiered, but he is absoultly on top of things as the clip starts.

...Oh... Emperor. Such a pathetic attempt to disguise yourself.

I have no objections to a unified Europe. Europe should be strong. What I do object to is a Europe dominated by a single power, one country, one man.

You Umberto. That is your vision. Your empire, as you would have it. Not mine.

I would prefer Europe as it was back in the bright days of the old EU. When every state was separate, it's own, but still part of one greater body. I agree with the Emperor in his desire for some centralization, for protection from outside threats but the proposals of the Roman Empire will turn Europe into the Emperor's personal fiefdom.

Every member of the UNE answers to no one but themselves. Their people are free to act in whatever they wish, without restrictions. They pass their own laws, they keep their culture intact. And yet we still act as efficiantly as the Empire. Will the same be true if they manage to dominate Europe? Can you honestly ask these states to give up their culture, their identity, their freedom simply in order to grease your own path to power, Umberto?

And I never suggested that you should apologize personally for the death of Ambassador Johnson. But considering that the groups in question were brandishing slogans calling for your empire to grow, I would have thought some small statement was in order. That you have made none indicates, I think, a great deal.

As for the organization calling itself Gladio... well, I never made any direct claims that they were your agents. But they may well have been, I think. Critics all over Europe are being systematically assassinated by a unified group calling for your empire. A very well funded, equipped and trained terrorist group. Nothing as metaphysical as you seem to suggest. No, a terrorist group, acting on European soil.

Fortunately, now we know of it's existence, counter measures can be taken. Several cells have already been broken up, as those who watch the news can tell you and it's activities are under investigation across Europe. The UNE will of course co-operate fully with the local authorities in rooting out this threat to their people, culture and sovereignty.

And you dare... YOU DARE TO IMPLY THAT WE ARE PARTISAN IN OUR AIDE EFFORTS?!!!

He all but screams that one at the camera. He sinks back into his seet.

I regard that as a slur against my government. As, I hope, will the Swiss. We offer aid, construction workers, oil... whatever they need to get themselves back on their feet. Free of charge. We have been trading thruought europe, we trade freely with those states that refused our offer back when we were formed. Will you trade freely with states that deny your empire, Roman?

You send out emmisaries, all but demanding that other states merge with your empire. And have the arrogance to declare us of bias in our aide giving.

I am for Unity, my friends. The Emperor would aim for Tyranny. Do not forget, people of Europe, A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.

Or as foul.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Union of Northern Europe

Mr. Cornerstone will indeed, attend the funeral for Tasr Kurd. He, and his personal guard, are now en-route to Moscow.

He will indeed give a speech at the funeral, though he is unsure as to if his schedule will permit him to remain for the Coronation.

@Space Pope
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your Holiness... Might I speak with you, before the funeral? There are things you ought, I think, to hear..

Launch of the New Union Navy.

Premiere Jaques de Cluan of France will attend the Launch of the new Battleship Ambassador from the port of Marseille. The premier spoke

These ships, whilst they will have potential for defence, will mostly serve for trade. We are interested in exchange with Solaris, the Navy will serve to further enable a thriving trade between our two nations.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

Space Pope's Message to Cornerstone
    Spoiler
    Show

Of course my son. What is it that troubles you?

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

@Space Pope
    Spoiler
    Show
    Several things make me uneasy about the situation in Russia.

I was in communication with the Tsar before his death. He expressed uncertainty about his succession, and in his last all but said that another heir, Ivan, would be a better choice. Here, the correspondence will be forwarded to you.

Gern sent me a letter before mine even arrived. He had been, i believe, intercepting our correspondence, at least at the last. His response all but threatened Ivan, who bore the letter.

It turned out that Ivan had been poisoned. Somehow, a tumor had been introduced to his liver. It would appear to be natural causes, bar the fact that the thing had been synthesized. It was not of Ivan's body

A long term, untraceable assassination attempt, against a newly potential heir. The heir the Tsar was leaning towards. And the Tsar's health finally failing just as he was reconsidering the succession... a tad too convenient.

I think, Father, that you can see what concerns me here, no?
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground

The Sovereign Government of Aid

Official request for donations
    Through its history this great project has helped millions of people of all races, countries and beliefs. While the fund set up by my father continue to power this effort of kindness, donations made from any source could help save hundreds of lives. Show compassion to the world. Donate today.
    (Any donators will be loudly praised for their contributions, helping to increase the world’s view of that power.)

Excerpt from Against Large Scale Weapons Sales by Jacob Vaughn Jr.

The trading of weapons only serves to destabilize an already fragile balance. While I can understand the urge for desperate governments and organizations to barter with other powers, it keeps bearing in mind that those powers can simply turn around and sell to the enemy. It does nothing but encourage violence. Not only because of the ease of access but the seller will likely try to sell more weapons. It will only escalate the possibility of war.
    My research on this subject will continue and should more evidence come forward, I’ll be able to expose the duplicity of the arms dealers completely.

Message to SEATS
    Spoiler
    Show
    The SGA would like to more formally request donations from SEATs. This would show the world you are willing to support what is good. If you require further encouragement, it might interest you to know that some information has recently come to the SGA’s attention that might be of interest to you.

Personal letter to the Madame President
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dear Madame President Han,

If I may be so bold as to ask your aid. I know it sounds ironic for the “Government of Aid” to ask such a thing but here it is. Currently my resources are searched quite thin and the amount of arable land is small. If you have any technologies that could help in the on going efforts to reclaim this land it would be most appreciated. I would not only consider this a personal favor but a favor to all the peoples of the SGA and I would fully intend to repay you the moment I had the opportunity.
    Sincerely,
    Jacob Vaughn Jr.

PS. I have sent a copy of my new book, Against Large Scale Weapons Sales, with this letter. I hope it will be an interesting read for you.

Message to LUSA
    The SGA would like to extend a helping hand to LUSA and its people. We can send aid in many forms, from food to helping with farming.
    Sealed letter to the LUSA council. (translated from Spanish)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dear Council members,
    Pardon me for mistakes I make with my speech. I make to learn Spanish and have not made official translator.
    I wish you all get this letter in good health. I give this letter to speak to you about things that have made my worry.
    But first let me say my first saying. I wish to give help to your people. With the martial law and the soon bombings by the Sons of Liberty I think you could use the help. I am positive the world would look better at you for letting the SGA help.
    But now the important things. I would like to wish sympathy for the death of the soon Tsar. Your goodly gift of flowers to a man that had not long to live was good. But, I cannot give good thought to the gift latter given by the Chinese at your command. But I am able to forget that if you promise not to give such gifts latter.
    Thank you,
    Jacob Vaughn Jr.

PS. Had book, Against Large Scale Weapons Sales, good translated and sent too. And any donation would be good

Message to Pandora
    The SGA would like to ask for any help with the current project of reclamation of the radioactive lands held under the sovereignty. Any technologies you could provide would be of great help to the effort.

Package sent to all influence members of Solaris
    Contains the book, Against Large Scale Weapons Sales by Jacob Vaughn Jr

Letter to Pope Julius
    The mission of the SGA has always been to help those in need. Unfortunately, on the subject of religion, what is “good” is not completely universal. As such, official encouragement of any one religion cannot be condoned. The tensions that exist between the diverse people of the SGA would also not be helped by zealotry. The spreading of the word, or any word for that matter, is allowed as long as it is not disruptive. However, any missionaries will be expected to be contributing as any other citizen.
    All that said, it is my belief that the best way of conversion is through missionary work of charitable actions, tolerance, and kindness.

Genral policy
    The SGA will continue reclamation efforts of radioactive lands by what limited technology it can muster.
    Aid forces are is sent to or improved upon in Southern Africa, Argentina, and Swizterland.

The other relief efforts (secret):
    Spoiler
    Show
    They will look into what was in the Solaris lab that was broken into and track who took it.
    Aid stations in the Swiss region are instructed to covertly work to counter efforts at starting riots. Blackmail by violent means will be countered but otherwise encourage a peaceful annexation. Should the situation turn worst, begin preparations for rapid extraction of assassination targets to the UNE.
    Should any more assassination be discovered, the SGA will attempt to save the target and get them to NAC, UNE, or SGA soil, unless otherwise stated.
    Human smuggling operations are to slowly begin. Those that wish to leave oppressive governments will be covertly transported to SGA Nepal.
    Measures will be taken to discover the Sons of Liberty and their plans.
    The breakthrough achieved by Pandora will be looked into, as well as the joint Russian project.
    Last edited by Thistle; 2008-09-23 at 03:06 PM.
    Check out Avatar

Some of my creations Forgotten Golem, Lady of the Fallen

Great avatar done by Thecrimsonmage

12. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground

Papal Response to Cornerstone
    Spoiler
    Show

A tumor you say? This is most distressing, Gern has been one of the churches strongest supporters in Russia, and I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I will see is the faithful have any information on Gern. If what you say is true this is dire news indeed. I will get back to you as soon as I discover anything new.

A short time later a Papal aide approaches Prime Minister Cornerstone. The man glances nervously around before handing Cornerstone a note. He all but runs out of the room after fulfilling his mission.

The note reads:
    I could find nothing to further implicate your suspect, but their seems to have been a great deal of activity around the Chinese embasy shortly before Kurd's demise.

Space Pope's Response to Jacob Vaughn Jr.
    Your response saddens me. I will pray for your soul and those of your people. If you have a change of heart my door is always open.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Secret
    Spoiler
    Show
    Huh?...

Cornerstone hits a button

Send someone to tail that man. Why's he so nervous?

The Chinese. That's all I needed.

He gets to work on a response to the Arieal Pontiff

Hmm... given the assasination attempt on Ivan, that makes sense. I doubt that he'd leave a link that even your agents could track. If he's smart enough to arrange his brother's death in such a way, getting someone else to do his work is an easy matter.

Any possibility of a link between Gern and China?
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2008-09-23 at 02:59 PM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

The NAC starts this time by sending armed forces to both switzerland and Nigeria.

Official Statement:
    Members of the NAC armed forces have been sent to enforce the WDP in the two sovereign countries of switzerland and Nigeria. Troops in Switzerland are armed with the Pacifier Mk 2, a non-lethal riot suppresser and are being sent to aid the Swiss National Council. They are under command of Caption Jason Fields, Veteran of the Liberation of Florida and Defense OF Argentina.

Troops in Nigeria are being sent to assure their remaining liberated from the Solaris Juggernaut. They have been told to assist the government in any way it sees fit.

Statement to Solaris:
    Spoiler
    Show
    We apologize for this interference but any nations part of the WDP are liable for NAC aid. We will not attack your forces if the immediately pull out of the country. You may continue your assault on any non-WDP members.

Response to Jacob Vaugn:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dear Mr. Vaugn,

First thank you for the book, it was excellent. I have little time to read books, and while that is practically a sin, I truly enjoyed yours.

As a response to your ask for aid, I see no reason to not help someone as obviously concerned for the world as you. I will make a Official statement asking for volunteers to help reclaim land for you. I am sure the Peace Corps will be happy to help.

With them I will send some specilists in the Agricultural field.

Respectfully,
    President Shona Han

The day after the prisoners from LUSA arrived, General Robertson is found bound, gagged, and beaten in the courtyard of Ramirez's capital building.

On his person is a return message:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ramirez,
    Please do not take your General's appearence as an insult. He was kept extremly well for his stay with us. I, though, take a sincere dislike to men that would threaten a man's family. All I did to him, and it was me personally, was treat him the same way as he treated my ambassedor, now vice-president.

If are nations ever again come to blows please let us keep our families out of it, since it is our fault not theirs.

Verde

A letter to Tsar Gern
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tsar Gern,
    I would like to sincerely sympathize with the loss of your predecessor, and congratulate you on your succession.

I would be honored if I may attend the funeral to give my respects to this great man, and I would not mind the oppurtunity to meet you in person.

Sinceraly,
    President Han
    Last edited by Greystone; 2008-09-23 at 05:02 PM.
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

To the NAC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Might I say that it is good indeed to see your troops keeping peace in Switzerland? If you wish UNE troops to accompany them, just speak the word.

Also, I would take care in dealing with the new Tsar. He is tied to... well, a party I think you do not love so much. Suffice to say, your grief over the old man's death should be sincere.

Consider that friendly advice.

Cornerstone
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

To UNE:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Prime Minister,
    I would indeed like you to send troops, in fact you are practically obligated to by the WDP, but I digress.

I agree with your assesment of the new Tsar and I will see if I can...read the man.

Your aid always appreciated,

President Han
    Last edited by Greystone; 2008-09-23 at 03:26 PM.
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

Sealed Response to Madame President Shona Han

Dear Madame President Han,

I’m glad you enjoyed the book and took its message to heart. You might be interested to know that I’m still looking into those matters. I’m hoping that the book and my continued efforts will influence the world and stop the supplying of groups like The Sons of Liberty.
    I’d like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for the help you are sending the SGA and the forces you provided to the Swiss. You’ll find enclosed a token of that thanks.

Sincerely,
    Jacob Vaughn Jr.

NAC (Secret)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Enclosed: An ecrypted list of Roman sleeper cells located within Europe.

UNE
    Spoiler
    Show
    A secret trade agreement has been reached between the UNE and the SGA. The SGA will be handling the majority of transport. SGA also make contact with UISC operatives in Switzerland. The joint forces will co-operate to disrupt the riots, blackmail, slander and other subversive forces at work in the nation.
    Last edited by Thistle; 2008-09-23 at 04:04 PM.
    Check out Avatar

18. - Top - End - #48

OOC: My internet is being a little screwy and is going up and down so my online time will be kinda sporadic.

IC:

Imperial Soldiers march into Croatia

Admidst welcoming cheers from the locals, Italian army soldiers march into Croatia in the first sign of their admission within the Empire. The first task of the Imperial army is to assist their Croatian counterparts in intergrating the Imperial standards.

They are soon followed by Italian advisors who will work to integrate the former nations economy, transportation, infrastructure and education networks into one that more resembles the Imperial standard. The Lira will be adapted as the official currency over the course of the next 6 months.

Emperor Umberto announces that he will conduct an official visit to Croatia early next month.

Gladio agents make another push for Swizterland
    Spoiler
    Show

With unity with Switzerland just inside their grasp, Gladio agents have been applying steady pressure to the members of the National Council to pass the unification bill. The popular organizations are encouraged to have additional marches and protests demanding unification and threatening strikes and possible seccession if the bill does not pass.

As a backup plan, money and equipment is being funnelled to like-minded members of the Swiss military of all ranks. Should the measure fail to pass in the council a coup can be quickly conducted afterwards.

Umberto denies the existance of Gladio

In his continuing vicious attacks against not only the Empire but my personal character, Prime Minister Cornerstone has now evoked the existance of a fictional organization operating from the shadows like a boogeyman that is supposedely following my whims.

He claims an organization called Gladio is working throughout Europe engaging in terrorism and other crimes. Well here is the truth, there was an organization named Gladio that once existed as a stay behind group following World War II to defend against communists. That was a long time ago and Gladio has long been disbanded. I guess now that since Cornerstone and his goons could not find anything factual to base their claims on they decided to just crack open the history books and take something from the past trying to pass it off as something new.

Gladio tightens security and restructures
    Spoiler
    Show

Trying to minimize the work of British agents, Gladio Command has instituted new policies to keep the organization secure and able to perform its functions.

New secret codes are disseminated throughout the ranks as covertly as possible and the old code falls out of use for official communications, but is retained for supplying misinformation to anyone listening in.

Sleeper Agents are advised to relocate to new safehouses and have only minimal contact with each.

Counter-Intelligence operations are stepped up with further effort to rooting out foreign spies. Agents in the field are encouraged to find, capture, interogate and kill the men and women working for the UNE.

19. - Top - End - #49

Emperor Umberto gives his condolences upon the Tsar's death

The Emperor is deeply sorrowed by the death of Tsar Kurd. Remarking that he was a good man. The Emperor will of course be personally attending the funeral.

Message to China
    Spoiler
    Show

It appears that both the NRE and and the Chinese government share the same enemies and friends. It is only logical that we should work together and it is our proposal that we begin by expanding our trade relations and participating in a technology exchange between our two great nations. We have much to learn from each other.

Message to Pandora
    Spoiler
    Show

The Empire is extremely interested in the technological advances your nation has made in the past years. We would like to send a research team to your nation to work together with your scientists so that we may both benefit from their advances. In exchange we can provide you with additional resources and funding for your research.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Orc in the Playground

Letter and package to the Emperor of the NRE

The SGA offers aid in the integration process of Croatia. Given the diversity within the SGA we have skilled anthropologist who have experience in these matters and can offer advise and help.

The package contains a copy of Vaughn's latest book ((so popular among the world powers of today ))

The other relief effort
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attempts to transport Croatians who wish to escape the Empire will be made, though lack of permission to enter the area will hinder these efforts.
    The SGA aid stations are advised to proceed with covert activities with caution, given the recent up in Roman security.
    Funding reports of the Russian Government are "some how" leaked to Russian, UNE, NCA, and NRE new stations. Extra effort is made to have this be untracable to the SGA.
    Last edited by Thistle; 2008-09-23 at 04:34 PM.
    Check out Avatar

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Yet again, Emperor Umberto denies the existence of Gladio. Though this time, a little further admission. I can only congratulate the Emperor for finding some small portion of the truth.

Gladio exists in the present day. We have found cells of it all across Europe. And thanks to the bravery of our Security forces, it is being denied the influence it seeks. I can real off lists of well funded cells throughout Europe. This is solid fact. The odds of them not being connected are minimal.

If the Emporor would continue to dispute this, perhaps he will answer this question; if he is not tied to a group who's sole perpose is to gain him control of Europe, who would fund them? Each group showed standered of funding equipment and training beyond more normal terrorist organizations.

Orders to agents of the USIC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Umberto's getting more desperate. Admitting that there once was a group called Gladio is a departure. I wonder what it heralds.

Keep in mind that the enemy now knows very well of our presence. We will have to adapt to keep them on their toes. Assume nothing is correct unless double checked, and that old codes are no longer reliable. Start from ground up at regular intervals

Kathey McMillian, Former head of MI6, and now on the board of the USIC..
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

22. - Top - End - #52

Formation of the Lira Block

With the goal of trying to create a stronger, more unified Europe the New Roman Empire proudly announces the formation of the Lira Block. The Lira Block will serve as a political and economic alliance open to all the nations of Europe.

Benefits of membership will be more open trade relations between all participating nations, less restrictions on trade, greater diplomatic interaction as well as a mediating body in Rome for disputes between member-nations. Additionally, the nations involved will have a mutual defense pact so that if any one nation is illegally and violently attacked they will have a support network in place to help in their defence.

It is strongly encouraged that every nation of Europe make efforts to join this new organization to add to its strength and to add to the strength of a united Europe.

Diplomats are being sent across the continent to pitch the idea with a strong focus on nations in the Balkans and nations with a Latin tradition(Spain and Portugal.)

Letter to the SGA
    The NRE thanks you for your kind offer but as of this time we must turn it down. Our intergration efforts are proceeding nicely and we feel that introducing a foreign element may hamper it as of this time.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Orc in the Playground

The Sovereign Government of Aid

Reply to the NRE
    We prefer not to be thought as foreigners. The SGA is made of humanitarians and is not bound by nationality. If you feel field work to be to invasive, we can simply offer our help in an advisory position. As said, we have experience in matters such as what you are dealing with and accepting our help would likely improve your the attitude of the people and that of the world in general.
    If you still wish to decline, the SGA will not push the matter further. We merely wished to aid where we could. But if you feel there is no need, we will respect your decision.
    Last edited by Thistle; 2008-09-23 at 04:52 PM.
    Check out Avatar

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

UNE

Counter-offer

At this time, the UNE feels it appropriate to return it's own offer of membership. to all nations of Europe.

Membership in our union would, of course, grant the leader of the state a seat on our Executive board, and thus a say in all matters, as well as the power of veto. In addition to unrestricted trade throughout our union, and a promise of the UNE military being ready and willing to defend you from any illegal invasion attempts, you would also be promoting the strength of europe, totally free trade

It is quite understandable that nations should not wish to join us at this time, due to the threat of Imperial aggression. Still, we have an open trade policy. Any nation of Europe who wishes to trade with us will be able to, with no restrictions on their movement or actions. We believe in a stronger, more healthy Europe. Which is why we see no need to join the Lira block, we already defend our neighbors, we listen closely to their hopes and fears and already trade freely with them. In a sense, we are already members, a small piece of paper is meaningless.

In addition, we are currently working on brokering a large new supply of Oil. Any European nations who wish to buy would please contact us.

Secret
    Spoiler
    Show
    The UNE military is now on standby in France. Switzerland is looking marginal, if it were to erupt into violence, peace keepers there would be invaluable to their government.
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2008-09-23 at 04:52 PM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

The onlookers quieted in awe as the most famous woman in the world stepped out of her hover-copter. The Swiss National Council had set up a public press-conference and hundred, if not thousands, of Swiss citizen's had attended.

Some wished for anti-Imperial news while others thought that unification had finally been decided on.

Nobody had expected the double rows of N.A.C. troops standing at attention. The Chairman of the council, Nicolas Peterovich, had announced that President Shona Han had arrived to give a speech.

She had appeared from behind the stand, dressed in a sharp dark green officers uniform, her long ebony hair braided down her back.

She just stood there for several minutes, allowing her famous eyes captivate the crowd, who all felt the stare like the burning of Emerald flame. When she began to speak, they where shocked to realize that she spoke their language fluently.

"People of Switzerland, do you know what makes me proud? Being born in America, its called nationalism...the love of ones country. Have you truly lost that feeling"

People in the crowd actually looked ashamed as she spoke "It seems to me that the Swiss has been a proud independent people for hundreds of years. Who here had a reletive who faught in the French War?"

People in the crowd raised their hands, wondering where she was going with this.

"What was the point? It seems to me that if you are just going to give in to the NRE then your Fathers and Grandfathers faught, bled, and died for nothing!

Muttering began to circulate in the crowd.

"What the N.A.C. stands for is freedom for not only the individual, but for the country. The NRE just sees you as another addition to their empire. People of Switzerland, Believe in yourselves, learn to love your country again."

The muttering became louder and certain individuals who were known pro-unification started to be isolated.

"There may be some of you out there who are afraid of repercussions from the NRE, well my dear people, do not worry. You are a member of the WDP, and as the former United States did before, we honor our agreements. Any aggressive acts towards your sovereign state shall be reacted against with the utmost speed and power!"

The crowd actually cheered at this, for some reason believing this imposing woman.

"Any of you who think you can fair better in this so called Lira Block, heed my warning. This stinks of the 2oth century Warsaw pact where the USSR swore to uphold the rights of those under the treaty, but instead became petty puppet states. Are you the people of Switzerland going to allow yourself to be dominated by this so-called Emperor!"

The water finally broke and the Swiss roared their approval. Shona lifted her hands in the air and shouted "FREEDOM!"

Message to Pandora:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Leaders of Pandora,

I would like to schedule a large Scientific convention, so the world can see how much of a better place it really is. I thought of inviting scientists from all over the world to the event. I would be wrong to not personally invite the very best scientists in the known world.

Respectfully,
    President Shona Han

Official invitation:

In a month the NAC will host a Scientific Convention in Harrisburg Pennsylvania. All countries may attend. This will be a place that all the nations can show off their personal achievements and prove to the world that petty rivalries will not stop the march of Science and the sense of brotherhood.

- SurlySeraph

26. - Top - End - #56
    Orc in the Playground

Tsar Gren would like to extend an invitation to all of the worlds heads of state. He plans to hold a summit to discuss new open border policies and potential trade agreements. He is also willing to hold one on one sessions with any stat who wants more in depth discussion.

(Psst, Greystone I think you mean Nigeria, Nicaragua is in central america)

After Umberto's announcement of the Lira Bock, Spain along with Portugal, Northern Prussia and Greece all submit applications to both the new Lira Block and the WDP.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

(OOC yes I meant Nigeria...sorry guys)

The WDP accepts all the applications of the countries. Sending immediate finacial aid to any countries in the WDP who need them.

- SurlySeraph

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

@Odin
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pst, anyone interested in the Oil? Or even membership?
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2008-09-23 at 04:59 PM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

29. - Top - End - #59
    Barbarian in the Playground

South East Asian Treaty for Stability

In singapore debate in the SEATS council is ongoing as to what to do in order to deal with world events as they are taking place. Naturally the specifics of the meeting, nor the outcomes will be easily come by by utsiders, but anyone with half an intelligence agency can clearly see there is a power struggle ongoing within the council.

Research
    (secret)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The SEATS government has decided it is time for an new technological impulse. Though considered as dangerous agents from the intelligence services are send beyond SEATS borders, the many nationalities that make up Australian and Malasian peoples making it easy for them to assimilate into civil soceity of other nations. Mostly these agents are to go to the padora technocracy, infiltrating it through russian civil soceity and to Union of Northern Europe as mostly British citizens and finally assimilate in the moon. Communications with these agents is done through geoseismic recorders the idea being that anything they find out is being relayed to SEATS universities.

As an addition a massive government campaign to promote sience is instituted with extra grants to new promising scientist, but also funding for any of them that seek to set up businesses using their scientific knowledge and further a science based economy.

Lastly government spending into fundamental science will continue in geotechnologies and use this as a starting point to learn more fundamental things about gravitational energy manipulations and move into further space faring technologies.

International actions

"The SEATS members are highly worried by the ongoing italian imperialism and solaris movements. We deeply regret that these facist countries are seeking to play god with humanitarian rights."

It is clear however that they are reluctant to act upon their statements. An open response is given later to a request by the SGA.

"We are deeply troubled by the nature by which your government was set up and cannot provide you with the means to futher your agenda untll we are more closely aware of your true intentions. You claim to honour human rights, but for the past decades we have been the shining beacon of them. We have no interest in improving our standing within the media of facistic countries as you have suggested. Instead we would offer you an opportunity to prove to us that you mean well. We are prepared to send medical, political and military analysts to the region where the SGA claims dominance to make our own assesment about the worthyness of their health."

(secret)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Intelligence teams are dispatched to find out what information the SGA mentioned in their message.

(coded mesage to UNE)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We are worried about your neighbours imperial and destabilising ambitions and wonder if you would agree to an intelligence sharing program in which we share our intelligence about terrorism and nations in europe.

Military Actions

(secret)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Intelligence officials in the subsaharan regions are actively working to fuel economic resources into the right hands and assasinate where needed. The right hands being those that will be in power and become effective puppets of SEATS. Particularly South Africa and it's neighbours are of interest. In exchange for helping these people into power SEATS is placing military advisors in these nations and withdrawing natural resources from them. Military technology is offered under SEATS controll under 'leased bases' officially to act as observers against agression. (note that the latter is done after the right people have managed to stage coups de etat and generally gotten into power with the help of SEATS economic and military aid).

They try to keep it covered as much as possible and seek out those that are more interested in humanitarian ideals as much as possible. The idea is to form a kind of humanitarian african block though modelled like sears on stict government controll. This is to act as a counterweight to the Solaris, but also to give an economic boost to SEATS with african resources

Espionage

Spoiler
    Show
    Paranoid as they are the SEATS council is constantly seeking to recruit foreign (double) agents and informants and generally expand their intelligence networks. Additionally in terms of technological help their most trusted agents are given the job to place seismic markers troughout enemy lands, relatively small devices that allow for a clear grid to be made to enhance the resolution of the sensors by providing a set of markers to calibrate measurements and such.

Antartic charting

SEATS forces have crossed the small gap from australia to antartica (likely with a lot less ice then a century before it) and are essentially setting up additonal measuring stations and the like.

(secret)
    Spoiler
    Show

They are establishing a permanent presence with geothermal energy plants being set up all over the continent to fuel mining and harvesting to draw upon the riches of this place and to further make it habitable by creating warm flowing rivers to melt the rest of the ice*. In essence it is being prepared for economic exploitation and colonisation.

*note this would not affect sea levels much...sea levels rise mostly due to global temperature shifts due to thermal expansion of all the oceans waters
    Last edited by Wizard of the Coat; 2008-09-23 at 05:31 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Orc in the Playground

@moral wiz
    Spoiler
    Show

Most nations don't see a need to join the UNE since the WDP guarantees them the protection of the UNE and the NAC. Many of them are however interested in Oil

The combined attempts of the NAC UNE and local governments roots out many Gladio cells, but the remaining cells tighten thier belts and go deeper into cover, making them extremely difficult to dig out.
    Last edited by Odin the Ignoble; 2008-09-23 at 05:33 PM.