New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: Total War 2125

1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Default Re: Total War 2125

Ninjas!!!!!

Solaris sends in noncombatents to ensure that the NAC rebuilding effort will indeed benifit the people of Nigeria, not the Americans or the corrupt ruling party. Once and if satisfied, Solaris places it's own force of helpers at the disposal of the NAC supervisor. A petition is sent in that a third party, like Aid, be placed in charge ASAP is sent out as well.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

@Odin
    Spoiler
    Show
    With anti-psionics will it still be possible to find out who has psionic potential though in case I want them atleast registered?

IC:

"Volunteer" Division forms to aid Swiss Unionist
    Spoiler
    Show

Thousands of former soldiers volunteer with Private Military Companies to deploy to Switzerland to aid their brothers in the fight against the corrupt and outdated Swiss Republic.

The Private Military Companies have no direct ties to the government and are primarily funded by wealthy industrialists and corporations as well as private donations

The Eagle's Legion Mercenary Group formed
    Spoiler
    Show

Former Italian military officers financed by rich backers have formed "The Eagle's Legion" Private Military Company. They have established a camp in Southern Italy and have started recruiting operations for an expected 500 soldiers. Though privately funded they are allowed to purchase equipment that is normally reserved only for the military.

So far they have no contracts but they are planning to seek out work in the coming months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayn
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Tarem View Post
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Orc in the Playground

@Long Vin
    Spoiler
    Show

Even without psionic tech you should be able to pick out latent talents.

When the "volunteer" divisions invade how are they going to treat NAC UNE and Solaris civilians? Will they be as bloodthirsty as the mobs or will you try to avoid hurting your already tarnished reputaion?
    Last edited by Odin the Ignoble; 2008-09-23 at 09:53 PM.

4. - Top - End - #94

@Odin
    Spoiler
    Show

They would operate as a military unit generally only targetting hostile targets. Serving more as a scapel compared to the mobs battleaxe.
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

@Odin
    (OOC- I have just sent a really, really important PM to you. Also that applies to any troops already inside Switzerland)
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

6. - Top - End - #96
    Orc in the Playground

Volunteers flood over the Swiss border, and into the ambushes of the Special elite. The Special Elite use every trick in their book, and to great effect. The Volunteers suffer massive casualties. But in the end the Volunteers prevail through sheer force of numbers. Thanks to the efforts of Aid and Solaris most of the fleeing refuges are evacuated to nearby South Prusia. At the end of the campaign, only two hundred of the special elite make it out. Of the Seven thousand (I made up a number) Volunteers that set out, causualties are estimated to be around 4,500-5,000. Untold numbers of civilians and rebels were killed, both in combat and from the avalanches triggered to slow the Volunteers advance.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

In response to the overwhelming amount of enemies the Swiss face, General Kim Finate has mobilized every soldier not needed in defending the NAC homeland.

The were flown into a relative safe zone, and they have set up the Loyalist Zone in defense of the Capital city. The War is not a defensive one however, and since they out gun and out strategize their opponents it will hard war to lose, if a long war.

The Swiss even lose their benefit of home turf with loyalist Swiss advising the NAC forces.
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

8. - Top - End - #98
    Orc in the Playground

@Long Vin
    (You have taken Switzerland, but NAC and the WDP will retake it unless you are willing to commit actual troops and not just the "Volunteers")

9. - Top - End - #99

Psionics Registration Act signed into law

Giving in to public demands the senate has signed measures into law to require all those who have tested positive for latent psionic abilities to be registered with the state. This move was made in response to the belief that psionics were responsible for the assassination of the previous Pope and psionics could use their powers to cause others to commit crimes or even alter the memories of those involved in crime.

Lira Block extends membership to non-european nations
    Attention LUSA

The Lira Block today has voted to begin allowing membership of non-european nations into the organization. This move was designed to increase the economic power of the organization by expanding the free trade rights to other geographic areas as well as strenghtening the military alliance.

10. - Top - End - #100

@Odin
    Did the Rebel Swiss government make an announcement that they are joining the NRE?

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Not letting the "Volunteers" take Switzerland so easily, The WDP taskforce (admittedly made out of mostly NAC troops at the moment) will immediately launch an attack from Southern Prussia.

We probably do not retake the country yet but we establish a safe foothold so we can land troops directly in instead of having them cross the mountains everytime.

The new Supreme Elite will be ordered to drop and cause havok in ill-defended zones, keeping the Swiss forces from digging in.

- SurlySeraph

12. - Top - End - #102
    Orc in the Playground

@Long Vin
    That depends, at the moment you are the Swiss Rebel Government.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Dwarf in the Playground

This is Rebecca St. Clair, reporting live in San Marino, where LUSA Premier Vicente Ramirez has signed an agreement to join with the New Roman Empire, led by Emperor Umberto V, and their recently formed Lira Bloc. This agreement will be the first one of its kind signed into effect by the LUSA government, and this is the first time they have publicly been shown to show any kind of military interest in Europe. What this will hold for the tenuous peace between the South Americans and the NAC is only speculation.

For the Global News Network, this is Rebecca St. Clair, in San Marino.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

As soon as the safe zone is established, the WDP taskforce (with Loyalist guides) will lead us back for a siege of Zurich. If Possible the Supreme Elite will cut off supply lines and reinforcements.

- SurlySeraph

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

President Han gave a press conference today in Washington DC

In short she warned the NRE not to interfer any longer or this affair will escalate into all out warfare and she did not want that. It would be better just to let it go {paraphrased that's all)

- SurlySeraph

16. - Top - End - #106

Switzerland requests unification with Rome

The Switz military Junta under the command General Renault has officially requested that Switzerland(atleast the majority that is under his control) be admitted into the New Roman Empire. The motion is quickly accepted and passed in Rome, the former nation joins the Empire as a province currently under military rule to put down the unlawful uprising against the rightful swiss government.

Italian soldiers in Northern Italy quickly cross over the former Switz border securing the southern area of the country and opening up supply lines.

Emperor Umberto demands an end to foreign intervention in Switzerland

Hours after the unification of Swizterland and the Empire, Umberto demands that all foreign nations immediately pull out any troops operating in Swizterland to make way for Italian peacekeepers. The government of Switzerland made a decision to join with the Empire and that decision should be honored by the world at large. The Empire will allow members of the former government to leave with the foreigners.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

NAC reaction is not verbose, but it gets the point across. Ignoring Umberto's decree the forces surrounding Zurich capture the city, and General Renault. The rebel leaders are quickly shipped out of the country as the official NAC statement comes through.

"Your annexation of the Swiss is unlawful and unjust. The true government of the Swiss are being protected by the WDP and have set up control from Southern Prussia. No we demand that your forces leave immediatly and that your troops will leave sovereign Swiss territory. Your motion of unification was with the unlawful government so this unification is null and void remove yourselves or we will do it dor you!"

- SurlySeraph

18. - Top - End - #108
    Orc in the Playground

The nation of Switzerland is divide neatly down the middle. The WDP composed primarily by NAC forces controls the North and the capital Zurich. They face off against no mere Volunteers, but the full force of the Imperial Army. Each side waits for the other to comply to their demands.

(What it boils down to now is how much is Switzerland worth to you? The country is small and it isn't a matter of tactics or who can bring more troops to bear. Switzerland will be a meat grinder. PM me with the amount of force you are both willing to expend to take Switzerland)

19. - Top - End - #109

The New Roman Empire will not give up an inch of land that it has sworn to protect. We are giving the NAC one final chance to leave with any government officials they so desire. This is no longer an international issue but now an internal issue.

OOC: Message coming soon.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

At the declaration that they will not move, I place my plan into action. Using primarily my air force I batter the troops stationed in Switzerland and Supreme Elite drop into the mountains to block their escape.

Then General Finate will launch basically a Nazi style Blitzkrieg with fast moving powerful tanks, supported by air power roll over the Italian line. With Infantry attempting to mop up. Any retreaters meet the Supreme Elite in the mountains, and are wiped out.

Now the NAC prepares to defend Switzerland to the last!

(I got the feeling that only a couple battalions were in Switzerland, as opposed to my Entire force.)
    Last edited by Greystone; 2008-09-23 at 11:30 PM.

- SurlySeraph

21. - Top - End - #111
    Orc in the Playground

Despite the ferocity of the General Finate's assault the imperial line holds. Both sides struggle for air superiority but neither side can beat the other off. Imperial troops manage to gain a little ground, but WDP Forces refuse to yield any more ground. The Supreme Elite, having circumvented the bulk of Imperial forces makes a b-line for Rome itself. They make it as far as the outskirts of Rome before being surrounded. NAC makes two attempts to extract them via airlift but are repulsed twice by anti-aircraft fire. Their line of escape cut off, they sell themselves dearly. Roman troops repeatedly offer them chances to surrender, but the fanatical Supreme Elites fight to the last man. In a testament to their bravado, not a single Elite was captured alive. The empire lost a total of thirty five thousand men, NAC around twenty thousand.

(Both Countries lose a point of military. The fighting is going to last until the end of the next turn. Neither side will be able to do anything further in Switzerland until next turn)

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Odin, I did note that UNE troops were on standbuy to be sent to switzerland. Were they? I can't find a mention.

Sigh, going to sleep, no longer recommended. I'll review the thread, and respond.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

In Auromar, Histantos Illist, Aasimar Warlock.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Orc in the Playground

SGA

The invasion of the Swiss and SGA response
    The SGA responds to the invasion of Switzerland with a massive effort of extracting refugees. The operation is fast and efficient. While not readily apparent, examination makes it clear that plans for just this sort of action have been in place for at least a couple of months. Most are transported to South Prussia but on request, others are taken to India and even rarely to Rome.
    The request for foreigners to leave the area is declined by the SGA, who state that by humanitarian right they should be able to stay until the area is stable.

LUSA
    Spoiler
    Show
    I’m not sure what you mean by having your mail read. Perhaps I miswrote something in my previous letter. My Spanish after all is not that good. I am making sure to use a translator this time.
    The purpose of this letter is to ask for some mutual aid. I would think that help at any time would be appreciated, no matter the source. And an agreement with the SGA can only help both of us. I can assure you, it will not be regretted on your part.

Solaris
    The SGA will accept the petition by made by the Solaris to be put in charge of relief efforts within the African continent, specifically Nigeria.
    As part of this, it will send formal request to every independent country to within Africa. It asks for leave to continue its normal operations on African soil and permission to oversee other relief efforts within the country.

UNE
    Spoiler
    Show
    Any information that can be provided about Roman supply lines will be given to the UNE agents in contact with the SGA.

Other efforts
    Spoiler
    Show
    Seeing a chance to get knowledge from a less secure force, the SGA will gather from the Romans any information they can about anti-psionics.
    The SGA will look into assassination of pope and LUSA premier.
    Last edited by Thistle; 2008-09-24 at 12:46 AM.
    Check out Avatar

Some of my creations Forgotten Golem, Lady of the Fallen

Great avatar done by Thecrimsonmage

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

PM shot at funeral

Unfortunately, Prime Minister Cornerstone was in the area at the time of Pope Juilus' assassination, and immediately ran after the assassin himself, with his guards behind him. In his own attempts to confront the assassin, the Prime Minister took a gunshot wound. Threat is reported as minimal, yet the PM has been confined to Danish state hospital for a few weeks.

He issued a short statement from his bedside

I'm fine. What should worry Europe more is the actions of the Empire in Switzerland. We've finally seen the Emperor's true face. And it has fangs.

We have reports of Gladio agents attempting to influence the old government. When that failed, those self same agents were the ones who set up this coup attempt.

What we are witnessing is not democracy, or union. It is a hostile takeover of Switzerland by the Empire. What they will do, given the chance, to all nations of Europe, even their new allies in the Lira Group. And it will not stand

Odin
    Spoiler
    Show
    If they hadn't been sent already, the UDF will be en-route now, Pandoran Rifles, armor, Solarian tanks and all.

WotC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Most gratifying. We accept.
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2008-09-24 at 01:13 AM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

In Auromar, Histantos Illist, Aasimar Warlock.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Barbarian in the Playground

SEATS

A surprise broadcast today cam from a man calling himself Damian South, claiming to be the chief spokesman for the nation of light. He said he was a messenger of light and hope to the world. He spoke long about the many grievances of this world and how they should be adressed in a diplomatic and peacefull way.

(secret, GM and UNE)
    Spoiler
    Show
    UNE and SEATS are setting up an information sharing network in europe. Seats agents are being dispatched to serve as liasons between the two. Inaddition they carry relay beacons for the seismic network to be set up in area's the UNE controlls to serve as calibration points. It is explained that these are intended to monitor Imperial Roman ambitions, especially in Switserland by allowing the SEATS monitoring stations to accurately display information from across the globe.

As soon as they are operation SEATS information services relay information about everyone's movements and bases and army stockpiles (essentially giving them a real time 3d map of the surface) in europe to UNE and it's allies.

SEATS Trade

Damian South adressed he wanted to open up to the world. The port cities of Singapore, Sydney and Jakarta are opened up to foreign shipping in a matter remniscent of the japanese shogunate. The SEATS nations welcome any offers of trade and with their vast energy resources an d economic strength believe that they help any nation with a struggling economy.

In addition to the trade offers the SEATS council actively spends a large budgets on helping starting scientists and businessmen from making their dreams reality. To help this SEATS intelligence sets up a branch to aid businessmen find the right foreign connections to make trade possible.

@NAC (President Shona Han) and GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Geothermal plants are currently up and running allready. We have the ability to capture the energy and bind it into liquid gasses or oils through chemical processes or indeed any substance that carries energy. Name the one you feel is best fpor your economic growth and we shall provide you with it. Furthermore we would like to point out that this is emmission free as we draw on carbon dioxide from the air to grow the hydrocarbon chains to provide the carrier medium.

In addition we freely offer to share real time 3D imagery of the opposing sides in the Swiss conflict using our geological sensors. (to GM, info is send pertaining to imperial roman troops and shipments of energy are being send across the pacific if this is agreed. In exchange SEATS expects a formal aid pact and trading vessels to it's vast international ports that have been opened)

SEATS TECH

Psionic technologies are of great interest to SEATS, particularly those with a penchant for hyper spacial awareness and vibrokinesis (the latter tpo link i n with their geo programs). Such individuals are actively sought out by security services and offered lucrative lifestyles and the chance to enter government sponsored programs to further tap into their potential. Any additional money the government can muster without damging other area's of focus are fueled into this program to increase SEATS technical knowhow.

(secret)
    Spoiler
    Show
    naturally any tech the intelligence servies manage to come across with them spreading in certain states (such as UNE in helping their war effort and SGA in helping relief...closely monitor pandora scientists there) is highly apreciated

SGA relief effort

SEATS investigators are send to the region in relatively high numbers. In addition leading scientist are send along to report about the extend of the devastation.

In a surprise move Damian South shows up in the region and holds a speech amids the ruins of Bombay. There he speaks on the need for unity amid mankind and of how neighbours should help another. He thereby set up the SEATS Relief Fund, independently of the SGA working to set up small businesses and provide waste management to the peoples of neighbouring parts of India and Bangladesh.

He is actively promoting SEATS businessmen to invest in the region to set up a strong trading link and a potential market. Energy lines and roads are extended cross border to help with an innitial framework for this effort.

To apease the SGA he is not working against their efforts, rather they work parallel, coordinating with them sufficiently to ensure no funds are wasted.

Other
    (secret)
    Spoiler
    Show
    SEATS military advisors amids sub saharan resitance groups and south african factions are actively recruiting more and more people to their cause by coupling funds from the SEATS relief fund to their effort to create goodwill amongst the population for supporting SEATS backed groups.

In addition many people that are found capable are being spirited away to SEATS bases deep in seats territory where they are given instructions by SEATS commando's into being an effective force, before being redeployed in the escalating conflict. Those with psychic potential however are moved into SEATS Psy Programs.

@LUSA (Vicente Ramirez), secret
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dear Vicente Ramirez,

I would hope that our nations can bridge the pacific gap between us and work towards better relations. We offer trade and technological assistance to you if you have something in return to offer us.

Regards,

Damian South

@SPACEPOPE
    Spoiler
    Show
    We would gladly welcome you to our lands and are willing to provide you with the funds to build a basilica that dwarfs all others in the very heart of Australia. It will be a testament to the universality of religion and we hope it will help breach the gap between religions in this world. Furthermore from this basilica we'd be happy to help you construct a spaceport and station to further this program.
    Last edited by Wizard of the Coat; 2008-09-24 at 04:13 AM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Orc in the Playground

SGA

Call for greater inclusion in reclamation
    The general attitude towards groups such as the SEATS relief fund and Pandoran nuclear scientist is positive. But certain groups are calling for a greater role in the restoration of lands claimed by humanitarian right. At least a dozen community are urging the SGA to open additional talks with these nations with the long term goal of having regional efforts include local work forces and eventually local leadership.

Rebulding of the ports
    For the first time in a long time, ships are coming to ports like Chittagong and Bombay. With the recent donations and help given to the SGA, the once great harbors of the Indian Ocean are being reopened and rebuilt. Not only is this expected to help increase the economy of the SGA but experts project increased shipping will also benefit SEATS with the investment they currently have in the region.

SEATS
    Spoiler
    Show
    You may wish to fortify your borders with China. Information has come up that they are considering an invasion. I can only recommend that you show you are prepared for such action. Even should this prove insufficient deterrent, preparations can only help secure you against that threat. I'm sorry to say that I don't have the ability to give military help should this arise but I hope this warning will help to aviod the situation entirely.
    China also has close ties to LUSA; something that might bear considering if you choose to make diplomatic overtures to South America.
    Check out Avatar

Some of my creations Forgotten Golem, Lady of the Fallen

Great avatar done by Thecrimsonmage

27. - Top - End - #117
    Barbarian in the Playground

Military
    (secret)
    Spoiler
    Show
    SEATS forces in south east asia, mostly in the peninsula are actively gearing up to prevent chinese invasion using the SGA provided intelligence and are rapidly moving more forces to the area, including psychic commando's as they become available. The seisic network is closely monitored for any signs of chinese movements. Other actions proceed as planned.

@NAC
    Spoiler
    Show
    We ask that you send forces to taiwan, which is still your friend in the region to have forces ready to help. We fear a chinese military escalation and a show of force would help deter them.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

Your answer is clear crisp, and to the point.

"we'd love to send troops, but we are at the moment selling our lives in Italy. For the moment you re on your own."

SEATS we will take any aid in this matter. 3D imaging would be invaluable, we agree to this trade pact.

We would like to issue an international call for aid vs the NRE. We cannot fight alone"
    Last edited by Greystone; 2008-09-24 at 05:53 AM.

- SurlySeraph

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

After the convention of Cardinals at Vatican was completed, the new Pope, Caius II was brought into office.

To SEATS secret
    Spoiler
    Show

I found your message on my desk when I walked in my office. I gladdens my heart to hear your offer, and I joyfully accept.
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

30. - Top - End - #120
    Dwarf in the Playground

After hearing about the attack on PM Cornerstone, Vicente Ramirez, an old friend from Oxford, makes a statement to the world..

"My friends...enemies...today, we have seen the craven act of a craven killer, attempting to stop a great man--and an old friend--from attempting to achieve peace in his lands. What kind of person would truly attempt to halt peace in such a way? Isn't there enough violence in the world today? How much blood must be spilt before the other nations of this world are content?

I..we...have had enough. We, the Liberated Union of South Americans, are pleading for a peaceful resolution between Emperor Umberto V of the New Roman Empire, and President Shona Han of the North American Coalition. If one is not reached, we will have no choice but to intervene. You have 3 months (OOC: One turn) to comply, or else we shall begin attacking your holdings at home and abroad. You have been warned.

In addition, I would like to introduce Father Albino. Father Albino will be in charge of our nation's new anti-psionic task force. We do not condemn the use of psionics. That is not our intent. However, with new technologies being available to spy on a nation without any noticable equipment, it begins to impede on that nation's safety and well being. Therefore, Father Albino and his men will begin to monitor and track psionic activity in our lands and our holdings abroad."

A nuestras amigos del SGA
    Spoiler
    Show
    I honestly do not believe the lands you have now suit you very well. What are your feelings on Russia these days?

A nuestras amigos del SEATS
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not going to lie to you. We have a war coming up with America soon, that we may not win. I understand that our ties with China concern you, however if you promise not to aid the Americans, I can persuade them to be a little more friendly with you. Maybe even open some trade.

A nuestras amigos del China
    Spoiler
    Show
    Obviously, you can see that there is a war coming with the Americans. But America is not the true prize right now. Now is the time to strike at Russia. Their leadership is weak, their army is weak, and the citizens are restless. It's time to put the gangly old bear out of its misery.

A su santidad, El Papa Espacio
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hello, your Holiness. How is space? Would you like to come down back to Earth?
    Last edited by Pumpkin3.1415; 2008-09-24 at 12:49 PM.