New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: Total War 2125

1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Default Re: Total War 2125

Let's start the ball rolling. In a suprise move the Solaris Alliance slams the Italian Penisula with a air and sea attack on NRE airbases, naval positions, and storage facilities. Air superiority is established over the distracted NRE. In the mean time the Straight of Girbraltar and the Suez Canal are closed to all italian bound traffic that is not composed entirely of food stuffs, and all traffic that passes out of Italy is redirected, and all cargo confiscated until the end of hostilities, or in the case of perishables, reciepts writen and the goods used to help the Solaris War effort. In the mean time the naval force in the Atlantic will position itself to defend from a possible LUSAian counter attack.

Aid's aid in Africa is welcomed. Specifically, Solaris agents point to infrastructures that could use rebuilding.

Feeling a rush of pro-African sentiment, the Solaris Alliance has announced the Africa Corps, open to all volenteers living in or of African desent. Join up, save Africa.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

LUSA
    Spoiler
    Show
    indeed, IK would like to free Rome, however, you understand that publicly speaking out against the force that holds Rome in military conrol would not be a good idea.

I promise my quite support and aid to whatever efforts you come up with, provided they're morally acceptable.

also, short bio of the Pope

everyone can read
    Spoiler
    Show

Birthplace: Luna 5
    Former position: Cardinal of The Lunar Diocese
    Description: quite tall and agile, he has short black hair and a rather long face.

also, secret actions PMed to Odin
    Last edited by puppyavenger; 2008-09-24 at 10:36 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

3. - Top - End - #123
    Bugbear in the Playground

OOC: Historically the Papacy relinquished its claim to Rome in exchange for Vatican City being made a soverign country.

IC:

Imperial Military digs in and goes on the defensive

Following repulsing the NAC and the surprise attack launched by Solaris, the Imperial military has ordered a defensive footing be set across the Empire. All units are being placed on alert and the Imperial fleet has been fully put to sea.

OOC: More orders being sent to Odin once I do some planning.

Rome activates Lira Block Mutual Defense Pact

With the cowardly sneak attack launched by Solaris against the Empire, Emperor Umberto has enacted the Lira Block MDP agreement calling for all Lira Block nations to declare war on Solaris, military advisors are being sent to Spain, Portugal, Greece and Northern Prussia to coordinate joint military operations with those countries.

The Empire goes on war footing

By order of the Emperor and the Imperial Senate the industry of the Empire is being prepared for total war. Factories are to be prepped to switch from civilian to military production and thousands of orders are placed for new weapons.

Men who had previously served in the military are being called back to active service to make up for the losses in encurred in Swizterland. Conscription services have also been enacted throughout the Empire to bolster the ranks of the military and bring in more soldiers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayn
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Tarem View Post
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LongVin View Post
    OOC: Historically the Papacy relinquished its claim to Rome in exchange for Vatican City being made a soverign country.
    yes, and? I've never said anything about conquering Rome.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

UDF

General Amleth, Commander of the Union Defense Force, speaks out on the Empire's actions.

The Empire's got the balls ta take over Switzerland, then demand help for defense? The Sun Boys jus' feel threatened at a 'em choosing to expand by force. After all, o knows where they'll turn next?

No one in the Lira Pact should feel obliged to commit troops to the Empire. They started this mess. Let 'em reap their own Whirlwind.

We had got peace keepers ready for Switzerland.. Not soldiers. The Empire's audacity at this point surprises even us. Our armies are mobilizing to aid Switzerland as we speak. It will not fall into Imperial hands. On that you have my personal guarantee.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

In Auromar, Histantos Illist, Aasimar Warlock.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Orc in the Playground

Yearly Military Exercises
    Reporting from High Deli this is Hillary Parks. Today the SGa began its yearly practice of holding military exercises. For one week almost the entire people are mobilized for war and defense. Some have said the timing of this training is also to serve another purpose. To show the world that even those that wish for peace are more than prepared for war.
    For the World News Network, this is Hillary Parks from New Deli.

LUSA
    Spoiler
    Show
    I believe you have misunderstood the purpose of our government. It is not our goal to be either imperialist or expansionist. The land we hold now was lawless and lifeless for decades before being taken under the wing of the Government of Aid. And it was for that reason that is was considered under our right to govern, not because of selfish ambition and wishing to destabilize the workings of a stable country.

China
    Spoiler
    Show
    LUSA recently approached us with an offer to help the SGA obtain more “suitable” land. It proposed that we should somehow obtain Russia. Given your own close ties I’m fairly sure a similar approach has been made to you. LUSA is so willing to simply turn on a country out of convenience. It bears noting Russia is allied with them through the NRE. Not only that, but it has become vastly more friendly towards them since the death of the previous Tsar. If these reasons are enough to think of attacking it, can China truly afford to play lackey to such a state?

Other efforts

Spoiler
    Show
    The spy network is checked foreign influences, double agents, or leaks.
    They are also instructed to look into the anti-psi techniques being employed by the public force recently set up by LUSA.
    A closer look is taken of Russia and why LUSA might want to attack them.
    Last edited by Thistle; 2008-09-24 at 12:56 PM.
    Check out Avatar

Some of my creations Forgotten Golem, Lady of the Fallen

Great avatar done by Thecrimsonmage

7. - Top - End - #127
    Dwarf in the Playground

Premier of Foreign Affairs, Vicente Ramirez, formally extends an invitation for the new Pope, Caius II, to come visit the lovely gardens of Brasilia, capital of La Union.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

President Han spoke today in front of the Vietnam Monument today.

“Citizen’s of the N.A.C., listen to my plea. The ruthless NRE have assaulted and annexed the sovereign nation of Switzerland. While our powerful forces hold the line, we cannot do it alone. I urge you to help us in anyway possible. I, myself will be going to help organize the troops now stationed in Switzerland. Once before we dealt with a man who thought he needed to build an Empire! Adolf Hitler thought his 3rd Reich, his third great Empire would rule for a thousand years. American’s threw him down and ended his tyranny. Let us have a new age, a peaceful age. This age holds no room for Empires!”

The N.A.C. is mobilizing forces from all over the country. Volunteers flock to the recruitment centers and they begin training right away. Scientist turn their minds to better equipment, tanks, and ships.

A special emphasis is put on the air force, and drop infantry.

The navy, previously hanging back, jumps into this war, blockading the NRE ports. All nations are politely requested to not send supplies to the Empire. Ships who try to make port, even LUSA ones, are turned away but not damaged or seized.

With the Italians on the defensive, small units- of between six and twelve men, start jumping into Italy to sabotage infrastructure, including oil depots and railroads. Though casualties are expected they are targeting poorly defended area to force the Italians to pull troops out of Italy.
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

9. - Top - End - #129
    Orc in the Playground

Solaris' aerial assaults are fruitful. With most of the Empires air defenses concentrated to the north Solaris manages to gain air superiority.
    Last edited by Odin the Ignoble; 2008-09-24 at 07:36 PM.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

Bring them all together

Under General Amleth, the UDF has begun a recruitment drive. More weapons are rolling off the production line, and whole platoons are being raised to head to Switzerland and oppose the tyrannical Euro threatening Empire.

Secret
    Spoiler
    Show
    A large number of tanks have been seen in the south of France, all at Marseille, but on patrol, and seemingly preparing for longterm movement

Re-investment.

The UNE have started work on unifying internal resources, to raise their internal economy into a state better able to compete in the current economic climate.

Dubbed the New Economic Program by Danish Prime Minister Erik Horrenson, it will co-ordinate economic efforts across the UNE to ensure maximum efficiency and highest profits for all members of the Union

Psionic Ethnicity Convention Proposed.

The UNE is well aware that the development of Psionics is a highly contentious development, and one of the main ethical issues of our time.

Therefore, we propose an international convention, to argue over the issues, and to educate the world as to the facts, and implications of Psionic development, to be hosted in Hamburg. If the Technocracy wishes to send representatives, they would be highly welcome, as would any other parties interested in the issue

Dr. Jason Falkner

Spoiler
    Show
    Set up our scientists to look further into Psionics, latents, counter measures, and ways to awaken talents

Money to be made

There are no shortage of countries in Europe desirous of the UNE's newfound oil. Bargaining is hard, but fair. The profit margin will be in line with the standard on oil, plus a small "Broker's fee", it appears the UNE are not the owners of this oil, merely the sellers.

The majority of the funds gained will be transmitted back to the original owners. The broker's fee is to be allocated to the New Economic Program.

@NAC; On a happier note, we plan to send a delegation of our scientists to attend that convention of yours. As a statement of support Dr. Jason Falkner, our premier expert on Psionics, will be in attendance, and will lead the UNE delegation.

Erik Horrenson
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

In Auromar, Histantos Illist, Aasimar Warlock.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

His Holiness Pope Caius II would be happy to accept Vincent Ramirez's offer. He wishes to discus the state of LUSA and other major events in the world with the LUSA Premier
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

12. - Top - End - #132
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Prime Minister Cornerstone, Father Albino and some of his aides have expressed an interest in attending your committee on psionics. Would you allow them a seat at your table?"

13. - Top - End - #133
    Orc in the Playground

The following was broadcast from every Television station in Russia, and copies delivered to every embassy.

Tsar Gern stands on a ornate balcony in the Moscow. Behind him soldiers in Russian uniforms march in prefect time.

Hello... is this even on? ... what? Live? uh..

The Tsar clears his throat.

I had meant for this to be a surprise at my coronation, but recent events have side tracked things. First things first, Russia would like to formally join the Lira Bloc.

The camera pans to the troops behind him. Gern's voice continues from off camera.
    I would like to introduce the future of the Russian army. With the help of Pandora, I have created the worlds first Clone-army.

The view zooms in and the identical faces of the soldiers become visible. The view shifts again to include the horizon. The parade continues into the distance with no clear end in sight.

Over ten million solders, and this is just the beginning.

The camera moves one last time to focus on Gern's smiling face.

On a more personal note, Umberto. I'm still preparing my wedding gift. You should get it within the week.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Orc in the Playground

An envelope was delivered to Prime Minister Cornerstone bearing Tsar Gern's Personal Seal.
    Spoiler
    Show

Cornerstone

It has recently come to my attention that you believe that I murdered my uncle and made an attempt on my cousin Ivan. I want to set the recored straight. I have done things in my past that were wrong, but I would never kill family. No Romanov has killed another since the Glorious Awakening. What would I have to gain from killing my Uncle, I loved the man, and bless his departed soul he was not long for this world anyways. I could have waited. And Ivan to be frank isn't a political threat to a potato.

Rest assured however when I find who did this, and I will find them, they will pay. I will personally make sure their death is painful and slow.

Best of Wishes,
    Gern

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Umm... no amphibious assault was launched. Just naval and aerial bombardment. Focusing on navl/aerial places, ala Pearl Harbor so... less NRE navy? They never seemed focused on it anyway, and the rest just got buggered.

Message to NAC:
    Spoiler
    Show

We saw an opening to protect ourselves and took it, but unless you want us negotiating seperate peace, force Nigeria to form a new democratic government, and get your navy to the eastern Atlantic we've got them all blocaded at the choke points, but LUSA is going to hop in soon. Atleast thier army is mostly regularized gurilla infantry.

Message to Pandora:

Spoiler
    Show

What news? Yea or Nay?

to Odin
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current output are being split between infrastructure in the African nations and millitary spending. Bombing will continue, focused in the same areas, and perhaps spreading out to hit manufacturing plants and a few ground based sites. Also, counter espionage, esp. around dissident groups & South Africa, countinues to ramp up.
    Last edited by The_JJ; 2008-09-24 at 07:37 PM.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Orc in the Playground

(sorry about that I'll edit the post, I saw attack and read assault.)

The Imperial Navy is trapped in port, they don't have nearly enough power to break the blockade.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Construction on a launch pad is started in the Saharan desert.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Orc in the Playground

(I'll advance to the next turn soon, I am just waiting until I hear back from someone)

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quick! The Solaris Alliance would like to announce an agreement with the colinists on Luna, as well as some other agreements. Boring stuff on solar panals, trade monopolies, the like.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Orc in the Playground

End of Turn 4

The New Year dawns on a world engulfed in conflict.

Tsar Gern's clone army storms into Eastern Europe. Pushing aside the scattered resistance, they take Belarus, the Ukraine and Poland in quick succession. The Russian flag is quickly raised over the capital buildings of both Ukraine and Belarus. In a turn of events that is shocking to some and whole expected to others, it is not the Russian flag that flies over the Polish Capital, but the Flag on the New Roman Empire.

Luna too joins the nations shaking off it's isolationist policies. Luna begins exclusive trade with Solaris, abandoning it's earlier agreement with the UNE. Luna pushes for a new reformed U.N. comprised of the unaligned nations of central america. For the first time since the lunar war of independence, Luna is once again creating military hardware.

The world enters into full war footing, as the NAC, UNE and the Empire all switch production to military ends.

Protest are held all over the world condemning both Psionics and Tsar Gern's amoral use of cloning technology.

LUSA's new fleet circumnavigates the Solaris navy by traveling through SEATS controlled waters. They attach Madagascar, cutting it off form the rest of Solaris.

Solaris discovers Gladio cells are found in sub-Saharan Africa, apparently trying to supply arms to some of the more militant dissident groups.

Many of the nations of the world try to replicate the experiments used by Pandoran scientists to create, psionics. As of yet none of them have succeeded.

In lighter news the Space Cross nears completion. Already the cross' super structure can be seen from earth.

Message from China to LUSA
    Spoiler
    Show

Despite our brotherhood, we do not think it is wise to attempt an attach on Russia at this time.

Message form Tsar Gern to Emperor Umberto V
    Spoiler
    Show

Enjoy the gift? We will hold it for you until your troops can arrive. If you need any military help, you need only ask.

P.S. i think a spring wedding would be nice.

(If I left anything out let me know)

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Solaris would like to condem the outragious and immoral attack on a neutral nation taking no part in any of these wars. If LUSA wishes to fight Solaris, then it may do so. But the nation of Madegascar, while a member of the New African Union, is not Solaris. I call upon the nations of the world to condem and repulse this assualt. As a member of the NAU, we will of course be joining in the defence of Madegascar. A massive build up of pan-African Armies, admitedly mostly Solarian, transports over and digs in on the coast.

Glaudio agents are found bound and gagged on the tops of poles, beneath them captured millants sit around sullenly, attached by ropes around thier hands and feet to marionett controler thingies duck taped to the Gladios hands.

When the clone troopers leave the protective bubble of Russian air support (as I assume they will, at some point. If they don't ignore this.) long range bombers from Solaris blast thier supply lines and major areas of concentration. A taunting message is dropped by leaflet:

Solaris naval power, no longer needed to keep as close a watch on the belugered NRE navy, sets up another cordon, just outside of the Black Sea's entrance to the Med.

Those aerial strikes not pointed at the new clones (most) continue to beat down on the NRE.

Dear Gerny,
    Can clones fly?
    -Air Admiral Beotuch

Message to NAC
    Spoiler
    Show
    LUSA's started shooting. That is all.

To LIRA bloc members:
    Spoiler
    Show
    We're opportunists. Back off of Africa and peace may be possible.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Dwarf in the Playground

After a long silence, Vicente Ramirez speaks on the passing of Hernando Ortiz.

"Hernando Ortiz was a great man. It is almost blasphemous that he died thousands of miles away from friends and family. All he was attempting to do was give succor to those who have had it rough the past few years.

Hernando was a cornerstone of our culture, one of the pillars of our nation. And it is because of this that I am proud to announce our latest legislation. You see, Hernando was a devout Catholic, it is sad that he was not around to see His Holiness in our capital a few days ago. And that is why we have decided, in Hernando's memory, that Catholic Holy Days are now permitted to be celebrated by all citizens of the Union, whether at home or abroad. This was something Hernando always insisted on as a way of getting in touch with our people. It is a shame that it took his death to have it realized.

As for the Solarians' claims that our attack on Madagascar was unjust, I must inform them--and the world--that our intelligence community had and still has reason to believe that the government of Madagascar had and still may be funding terrorist factions, including those such as the Sons of Liberty, within our own borders. And we do not stand for such an act. By funding those who would kill and maim innocent lives--husbands. Fathers. Mothers. Brothers. Sisters. Daughters. Sons.--they may as well be killing them themselves. So, if Solaris wishes to help defend Madagascar, that is their choice, but we will not withdraw until those responsible are brought to justice.

In addition, I would like to take this opportunity to formally announce that we will be forming a new organization of nations: The Pan-Pacific League. We formally extend invitations to the South Eastern Asian Treaty for Stability nations, along with the great nation of China. This will be a strictly economic pact to promote trade between our three great nations. However, by bridging the Pacific, our nations will achieve great prosperity together.

Finally, I would like to extend an invitation to Jacob Vaughn Jr., the currently de facto leader of the Sovereign Government of Aid, to come and visit our beautiful country. And I apologize for never thanking him for his book he sent me, so allow me to do so now: Thank you, Senor Vaughn. It was a fascinating read.

I thank you all for your time. And as always, Prime Minister Cornerstone, I hope for your speedy recovery.

A nuestras amigos de China y SEATS

Spoiler
    Show
    And by 'economic,' we mean fully military as well.
    Last edited by Pumpkin3.1415; 2008-09-24 at 09:53 PM.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Orc in the Playground

Message from Tsar Gern to Solaris
    Spoiler
    Show

No, they can't fly. Not yet at least.
    I don't know why your so upset, I was just doing what all good fathers in law do, securing a suitable wedding present. We need not fight, no one important was injured so we can still make peace.

If the air attacks continue, I will be forced to garrison my troops next to hospitals, schools and places of worship.

If that wont dissuade you, the next batch can be sent somewhere warmer. I hear that Egypt is nice this time of year.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

A personal letter arrives at LUSA from President Han:

Spoiler
    Show
    Despite our differences, our two nations have held a great respect for one another. While Hernando and I may have never been friends, and perhaps were even enemies, I have had nothing but respect for an admirable adversary. I would like to finally tour your great country, see these famous beauties of the south.

While I am there i would like to seek a conference to see about ending certain hostilities between nations.

I hope we can truly have peace in our time.

President Shona Han
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

25. - Top - End - #145
    Dwarf in the Playground

A la Reina Verde, Shona Han

Spoiler
    Show
    We would be honored to have such a brilliant leader tour our country. Perhaps peace may be achieved. For now.

--Vicente Ramirez

26. - Top - End - #146
    Orc in the Playground

Rome has fallen! Today Emperor Umberto held a top secret meeting with a man who is believed to be LUSAn general Robertson. During the meeting Robertson and his security detail opened fire on the Emperor. Umberto's security detail managed to to kill his attackers, but not before the Emperor sustained life threatening injuries. His bodyguards were rushing him to the near by hospital just as the boots of NAC's Supreme Elite hit the ground. They quickly established a bridge head and with the help of Solaris air-superiority landed thousands of troops in the Imperial capital. While Umberto escaped the fall of Rome, most of the Imperial senate was not so lucky. Imperial troops have surrounded the city but as yet no concerted effort has been made to retake Rome.

When Tsar Gren learned of the incident he is quoted as saying. "Dammit, would you people stop trying to kill my family!"
    Last edited by Odin the Ignoble; 2008-09-24 at 10:50 PM.

27. - Top - End - #147

Message to the Tsar
    Spoiler
    Show

Poland is a most splendid gift. A wedding in spring would be more than acceptable.

I would request that you use your clone army to invade through South Prussia and into Swizterland to put an end to the meddlesome NAC force harrassing me their.

Umberto V

Message to Solaris:
    Spoiler
    Show

If Solaris stops all attacks against NRE and Lira Block nations immediately we will ignore this transgression while we concentrate on more important issues.

OOC: When did i agree to a meeting with Lusan generals? I was actually under the impression that most of his military was in lock up. I think before meeting with any so-called generals from LUSA it would be confirmed with the government who was being sent.
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

As soon as the Supreme Elite had secured the city of Rome, General Finate launched a surprise counter attack against the Italian forces in Switzerland. She swooped in with their newest specialty unit labeled "The Green Angels".

These men and women are drop shock troopers trained by some of the original supreme elite, while they are not as trained they do have the excellent training afforded to NAC troops. Also they are equipped with state-of the-art weaponry.

They drop directly behind the NRE forces, while General Finate assaulted them from the front. Hopefully catching the already demoralized forces "because of the symbolic capture of Rome', basically the hammer and Anvil tactic.

Them newly appointed General Garett, formally Colonel Garett of the Supreme Elite, launched a smaller invasion force into the port cities blockaded by the navy. Basically the navy pile drives straight through the damaged NRE naval lines.

Supreme Elite also take Umberto into their custody, though they do not kill him.

They state they merely wish to protect against all further assassination attempts.

- SurlySeraph

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Message to the NRE:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Talk to LUSA

Message to LUSA
    Spoiler
    Show
    Drop Madegascar and this can all blow over.

30. - Top - End - #150

OOC: Back it up Greystone. I am protesting the so-called meeting assassination because any meeting with supposed LUSAn officials would of had to go through proper channels and not just with some general.

Nor would the government reveal that the Emperor was shot, it would be supressed and the government would act like everything was fine.