Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: Total War 2125

1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Total War 2125

Solars
    Spoiler
    Show
    responding via Pm, it's not like anyone has high enough spy to read these anyway.
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

Also, whens the new turn start? and Odin just making sure you got my actions.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

ohh, and can you update the stats on the front page?

edit: and might as well... Solaris would like to join the NUN, seeing as Lunar relations are already so tight. New African Union nations are recomended to join.
    Last edited by The_JJ; 2008-09-25 at 08:48 PM.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Bugbear in the Playground

Pandora creates the 'Whitecoats'; Rowe speaks about Pope

Pandora leader Will Rowe has announced the creation of an anti-psychic organization he calls the 'Whitecoats'. Trained in various martial arts, several different kinds of gun, and with the sum total of all their members, holding PhD's in nearly every scientific field known to man, the Whitecoats are an impressive force. But what is most impressive is the Whitecoats natural resistance to most psychic techniques, and training in avoiding or bypassing the psychic abilities they cannot resist. As well, every Whitecoat has the complete inability to use Psionics. Will Rowe hopes that the Whitecoats will be able to regulate Psionics and stop the rampant abuse of the wondrous technology.

Will Rowe also had words to say about the Papal State in a press conference.

"It's been a while, and though other nations have expressed grief over the passing of the old Pope Julius, Pandora has not. I will change this.

While Julius and I did not see eye to eye, especially over our beliefs, I am truly saddened over the holy man's death. He was a symbol of hope to millions, and hope is always a good thing. I am also crushed by the rumors circulating that I was responsible for his death."

At this, Rowe looks at the ground for a while, seemingly brooding over something, then looks up.

"So, to show my goodwill towards the new Pope and his champion, Daimian South, I am giving the Papal States, SEATS, and related organizations, including Mr. South, the services of a unit of 50 each of Pandora's new organization, the Whitecoats, to combat the abuse of Pandora's wondrous technology, Psionics. I believe that the use of the Whitecoats, who are incidentally unable to use Psionics, will strengthen the bond between our nations. I also hope that other nations will stop referring to Psionics as 'witchcraft' and it's practitioners as 'demons'."

Pandora Looking At Cybernetics in Medical Settings

Will Rowe also announced today that, instead of pursuing armies and land-grabbing, like Pandora had seen the New Roman Empire and Russia do, Pandora was instead pursuing highly advanced cybernetic medical technology, in order to save the lives of tens of millions.

Message to Pope/LUNA 3
    Spoiler
    Show

Hello, Pope and LUNA 3. Pandora desires to help both of your groups, and is willing to construct even more advanced technology to improve quality of life on the Space Vatican and LUNA 3. You know that Pandorian technology is of the highest quality and make, correct?

Unfortunately nothing in this existence comes free, and so we ask both of you for a joint agreement to let Pandora acquire a few materials that can only be found in space.

As well, Pandora has a further request to you in particular, Holiness. I hope that's the correct way of addressing you, Pope. Pandora and the Papal State hasn't seen eye to eye in Pandora's entire existence, but will you give your blessing to Pandora's strengthening of bonds with your people on Earth? This would greatly help both of us.
    Rational Goblin Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

Ixtlan, World of Exploration, my campaign setting. Currently on hiatus.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

solaris
    Spoiler
    Show

okay, here's the gist of the charter,

someone attacking a member nation shall be treated as an attack on yo home soil.

lowered tarifs and preferntial trading with members

tech sharing.

security council of (3 most powerful central American countries, Panama, whoever controls the Dominican islands, and someone else.) and Luna, 5 temporary seats elections among all member nations every 5 years (3 of he seats or 10 years, (other 2) no-one prepossess a veto

The Integrated Lunar Republic Welcomes the solarian alliance.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

6. - Top - End - #186
    Dwarf in the Playground

Father Albino, head of the LUSAn Anti-Psionic Terrorism community, makes an address to the Pandorans, the Space Vatican, and the world.

Soy Albino, cazador de bruja malvado. Limpiaré sus pecados, porque brujería condeno sus. Mis instrumentos de la tortura son rojo de la sangre. Sus confesiones de la brujería le dejarán muerto.

I have been told by my superiors to ask the government of Pandora, His Holiness, and any other nation interested, pool our collective anti-Psionic resources together and form the first multi-national Psionic taskforce. With the Whitecoats, the Vatican, and our own Cazadores, we can keep our world safe from the threat of psionic dissidents.

After this announcement, LUSA funding for counter-espionage and non-conventional warfare skyrockets, with increased emphasis on anti-psionic research.

OOC: Yeah, I don't know Spanish. It's close enough.
    Last edited by Pumpkin3.1415; 2008-09-25 at 09:42 PM.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

I'm the someone else, right?

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

Unfortunately for the attempt to starve out the troops in Rome, they were well prepared when they dropped so have at least enough food and fresh water for 3-5 months.

A official Statement is made that the only way for the civilians still inside the city walls is if the city gets regular shipments of necessities.

Vice President Lee has asked the SGA for support "We understand that this is a military conflict, and the NRE may feel uneasy about letting NAC planes fly in. We are requesting that you will supply aid to the civilians. Not an Evacuation, if you need to see that the good Roman people are being treated humanly you may send observers.

We only request that if you send shipments of aid, some of it will be allocated to the soldiers"

At night a squadron of heavily armored stealth craft whisk most of the Supreme Elite out of the city. There are casualties, but they are minimal.

Since your air force was never really a priority, attack craft from Switzerland and aircraft carriers keep the airfields under pressure. Your northern Border is practically under 24 hour surveillance and your port cities that are not already captured are being blockaded. Your fuel must be running short.

If thousands of civilians are "mobilized" then your economy (agriculture, industry, and all other notable civilian run operations) MUST cease to be self-sustaining. Even if you are sneaking supplies in then you still wouldn't be able to feed the masses.

Historical news was made today as thousands of Cuban's fueled with a passion to show the NAC that they are worthy members have finally finished training. The grand majority of them have been sent to help secure Switzerland and the NRE port cities.

The exception is that three thousand were accepted into the Green Angels, the Drop Troops. General Finate seeing the build-up of new troops is a problem. Using Drop and pick-up tactics(a version of hit and run) almost my entire drop force are used to combat these "troops".

We expect these completely untrained troops to at least be broken, scattered, and forced back into their homes. We make one statement very clear, said by President Han.

"We will end this war one way or another, either through diplomacy or through conquest. If you are armed, you are threatening the free will of the world, Lay down your arms and go back to your homes and we will not attack you. Take up arms and you are now viable military targets."

On happier news the True Swiss government have once again set up office in Zurich, proclaiming that they thank the NAC 100% for saving their nation in a time of need. The council has commissioned a statue of President Han, flanked by a Swiss Soldier and a member of the Supreme Elite, one of the ones who sold their lives in the Mountains to attempt to slow the "volunteers".
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

@Pandora
    Spoiler
    Show
    We're serving as a middle man for Luna. We're willing to offer some asteroid resources in exchange for help building an orbital laser cannon. On the DL, of course. Also, if we could have some psionic counterespionage help (not counter psionic) to finish purging foriegners from our lands that would be appreciated. We'll pay market prices, of course.
    Last edited by The_JJ; 2008-09-25 at 09:42 PM.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Dwarf in the Playground

In addition, preparations are being made for a ceremony commemorating the arrival of President Shona Han, one of the first democratic leaders to set foot on LUSAn soil since the nation's founding.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin3.1415 View Post
    In addition, preparations are being made for a ceremony commemorating the arrival of President Shona Han, one of the first democratic leaders to set foot on LUSAn soil since the nation's founding.
    LUSA
    Spoiler
    Show
    you got the Pm, right?
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

12. - Top - End - #192

OOC: Greystone last I checked Zurich atleast most of it was still under my control. Odin has not made any update on that front meaning the lines are relatively stable on that front.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayn
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Tarem View Post
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Dwarf in the Playground

A su santidad, El Papa
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, just waiting to hear back from Pandora

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

[well, I just realized that apparently everyone's staying up late, or I'm several hours behind everyone else]
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

OOC- No, I'm sorry but I took Zurich just as our war started. The line was a tad beyond Zurich. At this point I don't know if we moves, by read back and you'll find that I own Zurich.

The nation of Switzerland is divide neatly down the middle. The WDP composed primarily by NAC forces controls the North and the capital Zurich. They face off against no mere Volunteers, but the full force of the Imperial Army. Each side waits for the other to comply to their demands.
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

16. - Top - End - #196

OOC: Ok. I missed that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayn
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Tarem View Post
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

OOC: Its all cool man

- SurlySeraph

18. - Top - End - #198
    Orc in the Playground

Crap!!! I had almost finished the post for the end of turn 5 when my computer gave out on me. . I'm tired I'll post it first thing this morning.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

Odin, you've totally missed my chat with the Tsar. And it might get him to withdraw, I count it as important.
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2008-09-26 at 12:14 AM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

In Auromar, Histantos Illist, Aasimar Warlock.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Orc in the Playground

Message to the NAC, NRE and the World

The SGA is always willing to help those in need and can gladly send help if the NRE is willing to let our forces enter their airspace. However, we would like to again extend a plea to all countries currently participating in armed conflict to follow suit with the NRE and be willing to call a cease fire.

Open invitation to Psionics

The world’s current view of psionics is understandable. Some of the abilities can be scary. But with the increase in anti-psionic the prevalent attitude of fear towards some of these individuals is not justified. The persecution and experimentation ignores the very important fact that psionics are still human and deserve the rights granted to all mankind. Because a psionic is not part of a country’s military or research group does not mean they deserve the label “rogue”.
    The SGA does not condone immoral actions taken people with these abilities. But the rampant and growing persecutions are also not events it can ignore. Thus, the SGA’s would like to clarify that the invitation to any peoples wishing to escape violence extends to psionics. Some may look on this in a negative light but it has always been open. And the SGA feels it is the right thing to do.
    Check out Avatar

Some of my creations Forgotten Golem, Lady of the Fallen

Great avatar done by Thecrimsonmage

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

A point to the SGA

Russia has not called a cease fire. And Russia is the strongest power involved, and on the side of the NRE.

Peace won't come without Russian willingness, for one thing.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

22. - Top - End - #202
    Orc in the Playground

Point to the UNE

Neither yet has the NRE but they at least have made it apparent that they would not be opposed to it and taken a step towards peace. Perhaps the political pressure of having more countries agree to a cease fire would act as encouragement for Russia.
    Check out Avatar

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

SGA
    Spoiler
    Show
    The developers of a massive clone army, and invaders of multiple neutral countries. You can not tell me that started with this war.

And when I say called, I meant "Called For"
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

24. - Top - End - #204
    Orc in the Playground

UNE

Spoiler
    Show
    I can, actually. This war was caused by an escalation of events within Switzerland. But that is beside the point right now.
    As you said, Russia is one of the most powerful military nations at this time. Would you agree that the use of strong political power just might accomplish more than fighting armies? That is what I am trying to do; use politics to force Russia into peace. After all, one nation (no matter how strong) would be hard pressed to go against the world. But first the world must agree on an action and the first step I am trying to accomplish a call for cease fire, freezing of troop movements and opening of talks.
    Check out Avatar

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

SGA
    Spoiler
    Show
    No, you aren't listening.

My point is that Russia was prepared for this. They couldn't have developed the tech and infer structure to support an army on this scale overnight.

They'd have attacked without Switzerland. It, and the NRE, are just excuses to them. That makes politics more difficult. They aren't avenging anything. They're just ambitious.

The UNE is not opposed to peace talks, provided Russia pull it's army back into their original territory, return east Europe to it's former sovereign status, and that the same is done in Switzerland. Those are our preconditions on comming to such a table.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

Cornerstone lives!

In a shock move today, the reopening of the Swiss government was accompanied by a speech from Prime Minister Cornerstone, his first in several months. The PM was kept a surprise guest by the Swiss National Assembly, and though his initial reaction was mixed, his speech went a way to tidying up some allegations of UNE negligence in Switzerland.

... I too, would like to thank President Han, and her men. It is a source of some shame to me that the UDF were not prepared for the planed Imperial Coup. Yet the good President was. I commend her insight, and would be glad to visit the NAC at some point.

Still, I am happy to report that we now seek to address the balance. The Bulk of the UDF stands ready to defend you from Russian aggression. They are the best we have, and will sell their lives dearly to keep this country safe.

If the Russian situation can be resolved, rest assured they stand ready to help take back your country from this damnable Imperial aggressor. Battle plans have been drawn up. Between us and the NAC, the Empire won't have a hope. In. Hell.

Pandorian agents are searching for the infiltrators who organized this shameful spilling of blood, and the UISC are working closely alongside them. Rest assured, people of Switzerland, justice will be done for your dead. Those who gave orders to the generals will be found, and they will be punished.

This drew some boos from the crowd, as would any mention of Pandora, but the cheers drowned them out.

Above all, remember this, the UNE protects Europe. No matter what the threat. That is why I am happy to announce that we now have our own White Coat program, to defend all in Europe from Psionic threats, and that the USIC has made significant progress in rooting out Gladio operatives throughout Europe. Rest assured, you'll hear from them very soon...

The speech continued in this vein. Whilst there is still negative thinking in Switzerland, a personal appearance by the PM, in the first meeting of the new government, has gone no small way to make up for this.

Anyone with high espionage
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cornerstone planed on a totally different speech. Something last minuet forced him to change it.

And the USIC director was seen with the delegation from the UNE.

TO IMPERIAL ARMY COMMANDERS IN THE SWISS MOUNTAINS [Encrypted]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rome's fallen. The NAC are going to commit more troops till the empire stays down, as will the UNE probably.

But there is something that's far more worrying to me than the Empire.

Russia. The Russians have a massive, and potentially infinite army, that's about to crash into Europe. I don't like Umberto, but surely you don't want to be dominated by foreigners? Not even he'd want that.

Surrender to the UNE, and you'll get a good offer. Either sign on with our forces, and help defend all Europe from Russia, or go anywhere in the world, with two month's pay. You'd be honoring your Emperor by doing so.

Spoiler
    Show
    Given NAC activity, these troops are likely to be cut off from re-enforcement or supplies. Potentially leaving them vulnerable. Especially as the message doesn't go against Imperial propoganda, if anything, it gains support in the idea of keeping Europe safe from invaders.

Toss up between Umberto's morale and Cornerstone's world opinion? I'd win.
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2008-09-26 at 01:49 AM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

27. - Top - End - #207
    Barbarian in the Playground

@ODIN, OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't seem to see the results of large increase in the SEATS membership (intergrating their militaries and economies) or the many trade deals and research programs (anti psy, weather controll and gravity physics) in my stats update (or has it not been effective). Also how are the weather controll centers coming along I'd like to start terraforming big time to make the antartic into a garden of eden.
    Last edited by Wizard of the Coat; 2008-09-26 at 06:35 AM.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard of the Coat View Post
    @ODIN, OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't seem to see the results of large increase in the SEATS membership (intergrating their militaries and economies) or the many trade deals and research programs (anti psy, weather controll and gravity physics) in my stats update (or has it not been effective). Also how are the weather controll centers coming along I'd like to start terraforming big time to make the antartic into a garden of eden.
    Spoiler
    Show
    you have weather control....wow..Awesome

also, Odin
    Spoiler
    Show

does Luna get any bonuses from all the military research or trading, or the N.U.N. Whats the total military strength of the N.U.N nations anyway, besides Luna and Solaris
    Last edited by puppyavenger; 2008-09-26 at 08:13 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

29. - Top - End - #209
    Orc in the Playground

End Of Turn 5

Causing the greatest loss of human life since the Pakistan/India exchange, bombers flying Solaris colors drop their deadly viral payload over eastern Europe. A generation of eastern Europeans is scarred as they witness the event that is referred to only as the Massacre. School children and churchgoers watch in horror as the clones billeted outside of their schools churches and hospitals die agonizingly painful deaths. Footage of the flesh falling off the clones bones and sounds of a million harmonized death cries beamed onto millions of homes across the world. Of the five million Clone troopers sent to Europe, less than ten thousand managed to avoid the virus bombs. Several additional planes headed towards Russia proper but were shot down before they could release their cargo.

Violent religious protesters calling themselves the Children of Adam assault one of the underground cloning complexes in Russia. Most of the mob is mowed down outside the front gate, but a hearty few seemingly immune to small arms fire manage to make it as far as the front entrance of the compound.

In response Tsar Gern declares martial law, and imposes strict curfews.

Several explosions destroy important civic buildings in northern china. China remains close lipped ass to the identity of the attackers. The Chinese military personally escorts the members of the LUSAn embassy out of Chinese territory.

The so called waffle states (Spain, Portugal, and Greece), along with Northern Prussia tender requests to be included in the UNE. Critics claim they were only willing to commit after they felt safe form the New Roman Empire.

With the Aid of NAC several new broadcasting stations start in both Zürich and occupied Rome. They offer both news and entertainment channels. One swiss woman was interviewed and she had this to say, "I love the new programing, with out this new programing I would die."

A new document is circulating throughout the internet. Known only as the Forman Document, it describes in great detail anti-psionic techniques and dispels commonly held misconceptions. It contains useful articles like "Psion: Man not Daemon" and "How to know if you are being Mind-Probed".

The New Unites Nations holds its first meeting. Luna along with Nicaragua, Panama, and El Salvador take preferred seats in the NUN.

Work finishes on the space Vatican. The illuminated cross and be seen from earth, a constant beacon of hope in dark times.

Message from Tsar Gern to Prime Minister Cornerstone
    Spoiler
    Show

I am willing yo remove my troops from Europe in exchange for information regarding my uncles murderer, and assurances that Umberto will remain the sovereign ruler of the New Roman Empire.

Message from Premier Wu Jen of China to LUSA
    Spoiler
    Show

Did your think that we are blind? An to think that I once called you brother. I went so far as to assassinate a head of state for you! And what is my reward violence and back stabbing. If your troops so much as step foot in Chinese soil again it will be considered an act of war.

(If I missed anything feel free to yell at me, I've slept since the last time I tried to post this.)
    Last edited by Odin the Ignoble; 2008-09-26 at 04:04 PM.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

also, Odin
    Spoiler
    Show

does Luna get any bonuses from all the military research or trading, or the N.U.N. Whats the total military strength of the N.U.N nations anyway, besides Luna and Solaris
    so yah, how's my research doing? or the projects? also, Solaris and the AU joined the NUN
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp