New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Bonfire in the Darkness (OOC)

Okay, here's the list of people who are accepted. Should be quite a few but in theory that makes it less likely we will get stuck. (Though I should let everyone know that I'm a lazy guy so any help from players to move stuff along will help.)

As for the setting right now

You are on a Greatship right now which can carry 200 medium creatures and 500 tons of cargo. The statistics for it can be found in Adventurers Vault under vehicles. I have the Adventurers Vault book so items and vehicles and stuff from that are available now. (though now you will have to build or enchant items to make them)

As for the map, its incomplete right now but you can fill it in as you go, I would venture that each square is 10 or 20 miles. (wrote it up really quick with AutoRealm when I barely know how to use it. A cookie to anyone who guesses what real-world area I crudely copied the area from) As the adventure continues, the map will get filled in. (mostly from suggestions you guys make. If anyone want to be in charge of filling out features on the map then feel free to let me know.)

Anyway, lets see if this game works out.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Bonfire in the Darkness (OOC)

That would be northeast Canada. Sanabel and Sahuaginsland=Nova Scotia, Fiends Isle=Prince Edward Isle, Seterland=Quebec.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Druid_lord View Post
    I rise from the depths of hell once more to answer the call of...MESHAKHAD!!!!
    Founder/Rabbi of the Kazumi Kato and Daigo ???? Fanclub

Gordon Freeman avatar by Dr. Bath.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

I guess I should ask about Alchemist...

Quote Originally Posted by CustServ
    Technically, the feat does not state that it gives you the starting rituals (or later bonus rituals that a Wizard would get from his spellbook), so unfortunately the answer is no.

However, this does seem like a reasonable thing to discuss with your DM and see if he would allow you to have. I know I'm allowing it in the game I run with an alchemist.
    Yea or nay?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jokes View Post
    I guess I should ask about Alchemist...

Yea or nay?
    Hmmm... if your wizard takes the Alchemist feat then I would say that each level that he gains rituals for ritual casting he gains an equal number of alchemical formulas that he can create.

So, if a wizard takes the alchemist feat, then he gains three level 1 formulas and two formulas of level five or below. then two formulas at each level he would get two rituals. Unless he replaces ritual caster with alchemist in which case he just gets formulas instead of rituals.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hey all, Sorry, I didn't post earlier, had 2 major exams today, so was studying quite intensely (Pure Mathematics AND History on the same day!) I should be posting in about 10-20 minutes.

6. - Top - End - #6

I can't believe that I didn't notice that I didn't level up Yuri... I also forgot to give them their magic gear... I forgot we started at level 5

That being the case, I will stick to ritual caster, taking alchemist at level 2 and paying for recipes. It's not like they are expensive.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Holy crap I just roll a natural 20 + 4 on a Perception check. My first roll of the game rocks baby!

8. - Top - End - #8

Countered your 20 with a 3 of my own...

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Aww, it's ok. Knowing my luck, I'll start to have suck rolls at the worst possible moment.