New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground
    Default Donations?  Wallpaper?  What's going on?

Okay... according to http://www.giantitp.com/Donate.html, one only need donate $5 or more to GITP to get some wicked-cool wallpaper of the OOTS characters. They said about 1 to 3 days would pass before receiving the download instructions.

I tried to do exactly this, and I know the donation went through because I got a receipt from paypal immediately acknowledging that I sent the money. However, about a week has gone by now since then and I've still not received any download instructions for the wallpaper. :(

My apologies if this is the wrong forum to ask about this.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Donations? Wallpaper? What's going on?

It says on the page that you'll receive download instructions in an e-mail... my guess is one of two things occurred: either you forgot to give them an e-mail address (which sounds like a mistake that I would make, so don't feel bad if that's it), or your e-mail provider's anti-spam protection blocked it. I don't know what you can do to fix it, but diagnosis comes before medication.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Donations?  Wallpaper?  What's going

Yes, check your spam box if you have one. I know my gmail account has one, but I think some services just automatically delete those.
    Jaime avatar by the talented and quick Magioth.

Currently Reading: There are no Children Here
    Spoiler
    Show
    Me by Serpentine, who is awesome. Jon Snow by Ceika. Dany by the awesome Simius.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

Well, I was sifting through all the email I downloaded from my ISP since day 1, including all the mail that Thunderbird immediately flags as junk, just in case, but it's nowhere to be seen.

As for not supplying my email address, the donation system didn't provide any option to forward any additional comments or else I would have put my email address in there just to be safe. I assumed that they would just send it to the email address tied to the paypal account (the only email I ever use, actually).

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Yep - it works off the e-mail addy tied to your paypal account.

John Ling
    Frog God Games Lead Pathfinder Developer

Note: unless explicitly stated otherwise, opinions in my posts are my own and not those of Frog God Games.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Voice of the Wampinator: Seems mor elike a Board Issue to me . . . RawBear will know what to do with it/where to put it, in any case.
    Let the Yaggle Gakkle-ing begin.
    Beware! Beware!
    All children of the 'ground

7. - Top - End - #7
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Default Re: Donations? Wallpaper? What's going on?

My suggestion to you would be to send an e-mail to [email protected]. Rich doesn't always look here for message, so it's easier to talk to him directly.