New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Heroes of the Big Apple (Urban Arcana)

It's 12 at noon. The day is clouded by large nimbus's with few rays seeping through. Cars are parked on every side of the street with only a few people walking by. Pigeons littler the rooftops while stray dogs and free cats scrounge for food in alleyways.

The quiet air is broken by the a loud clank. Rubber screeches on the pavement as a roughed up Ford Thunderbird flies 4 feet in the air as a red Chevrolet Camaro chases it down the streets. While whizzing down the street, the driver of the Thunderbird, a man with a green overcoat, piercing gray eyes and dozens of bandages on his face, takes out a Colt and steadies his aim at the other cars window. A few shots miss, but one hits into the other car's windshield, the window craking , causing it to swerve to the side. The man with the green coat turns to his window, but sees a T-junction only a few seconds away. He makes a swerve to the left with success, but slams his tire into a fire hydron, causing water to splash everywhere. People scream as the cars rip through the streets. As the red car catches on, a bald, muscular man in a black vest with red tinted sunglasses pulls out a AK-47 and bombards the blue car with a hail of bullets. The bandaged man rolls down the window of his steaming car, and shoots the bald man in the head, causing him to drop his rifle, and him the same. The man in blue drivers away, with red hot on it's tail.

Your apartment/agency/beacon of light without rent control hears the screeching 5 blocks away. Your sitting (or standing or lying down) in your place. It was probably just the TV upstair, or a broken radiator or something. You remember that you have two coupons to a WWI museum on the fridge, one on a desk and you think one in a drawer. What are you doing?

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Heroes of the Big Apple (Urban Arcana)

Rin is lounging on the couch when she hears the cacophony muffled by the jacket thrown over her head. She pulls it off immediately and feels around for her knife. "Whassat? I mean, shas... What was that noise?"

She groans inwardly. Downing twelve beers in a row last night had not been a good idea. "It's not just me, right?" She asks, digging her fingers in her ears to test the hypothesis.
    Last edited by Caewil; 2008-10-02 at 09:32 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3

Much less hung over than his female companion, Spike lurches forward from his slumped position against the door. It was such a droll day, nothing more than the routine prank call, the stagnant air, and the thrice weekly practices at the local shooting range. It had been like this ever since he had settled down to do a true job after getting ousted from every police corp within the area--he found it harder to get "fired" from this one, they rarely seemed to do anything interesting.

Well, at least there were those tickets. "Sounds like another speeder." He lurched further forward, eventually somehow landing on his feet. "Water?"
    Characters:

I live on the time zone which is -5 hours to GMT, but I'm a night owl. Beware!

4. - Top - End - #4

"How about some coffee? Black. As black as a... very dark thing." says Rin, cradling her head.

5. - Top - End - #5

"Black widow? So you want some blood in it too? Alright." Without waiting for a response Spike left the room post-haste--in search for the routine break room. It did have a coffee maker after all.
    Minutes later he came back with a plate stacked with a cup of black coffee circling a minor placement of solids, and liquids to add into the drink (thank the odd jobs in the past). One cup for each member in the room. "Here." He lowered the plate down to Rin.
    Characters:

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

Ben stood up at the sound. His hand moved to his left shoulder, where his gun was currently located.

"No, I definitely heard something. Thought it might be gunfire."

He sipped the coffee offered to him.

Spoiler
    Show

Listen Check: (1d20+10)[25]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Druid_lord View Post
    I rise from the depths of hell once more to answer the call of...MESHAKHAD!!!!
    Founder/Rabbi of the Kazumi Kato and Daigo ???? Fanclub

Gordon Freeman avatar by Dr. Bath.

7. - Top - End - #7

"Nothing to do with me, I hope." Rin says anxiously before her brain can kick in. "Not that I've done anything that might make anyone want to shoot me," she amends quickly.

Rin looks down at the cup proffered, takes a large swig of the black substance then grimaces. "I think that's..." and folds over retching. "A little bit too strong," she finishes, wiping her mouth. Looking at the puddle of regurgitated beer and last night's dinner, she adds, "You'll be cleaning that up, right?"

She stumbles toward the toilet. "I think I need to wash my mouth out..."

8. - Top - End - #8

Ben:
    Spoiler
    Show

Listen Check: You do hear gunshots, two people approximately in an 8 block radius, but considering the roll-up-your-windows neighborhood you live in, it's not absolutely surprising.
    [/QUOTE]

9. - Top - End - #9

Living in the cities of New York state all this violence was a commonality. It was one of the reasons why Spike kept both of his guns nicely tucked under his clothes, right by his chest. "Its your own fluids, so guess what? You clean it up. By the way, when do those tickets run out?" He asked retaking his spot after placing the plate upon the table, but on the opposite side of the door hinge.

Spoiler
    Show
    XD
    And I live in the country, far away from all this. Although its no more than a quarter days' drive from here to there
    Characters:

10. - Top - End - #10

"Wuo dwei nee boo ting boo jen."* replies Rin from the bathroom, in between gargling. "The tickets? Soon I think. Why - we're not actually going there, are we?" While she says this, Rin begins tucking a generous assortment of pointy objects into her clothing.

"It doesn't even have... those old dead bone things. - I mean fossils. And it'll probably be full of old people reminiscing and stuff." adds Rin.

*I neither see nor hear you.
    Last edited by Caewil; 2008-10-03 at 09:38 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11

[Spike]

"Don't knock it 'til you try it. 'Sides it might be the 'ticket' to passing through this droll day--We could always hit up a bar or two afterwords." Whilst he may have been a slacker, boredom was an overriding drive. Without anything to do, just about anything seemed like a plausible excuse to move, or lack there of.
    Characters:

12. - Top - End - #12
    Halfling in the Playground

As Risco takes his headphones off, looks over the PC's screen and speaks to Ben:What are you all talking about? I'd like some cofee too if you guys are servingand he smiles.What's all this rumble about? I'm trying to hack into my boss' computer and rearrange his icons, that really pisses him off, anyway, any plans for tonight?
    Guchález
    Thanks to ThreeShades for the Psychotic Elan avatar a.k.a.The Punmaker

Spoiler
    Show
    All dead, they are all dead

13. - Top - End - #13

[Spike]

"Coffee's on the table if you want any." He interjects briefly, motioning to the once circle of mugs filled with steaming black liquid around a numerous amount of condominiums for flavor. "As for the plans--how about those tickets we have lying around?"
    Characters:

14. - Top - End - #14

"Don't tempt me with drink. Strong drink is a mocker... Only two bars?" Rin asks. She picks up her cup and takes another sip, doesn't throw up, looks around at the condiments and decides against them. "Fine. Have it your way. We'll go to the museum and be even more terribly bored."

15. - Top - End - #15

[Spike]

From with the man's throat a low chuckle could be heard. "Now look whose talkin'. Do you want to hit up a few or not?" Again lunging forward, only to continue so to get to his feet. Taking a few careful steps around the reeking liquid upon the floor to plop unto the couch--the floor's not that comfortable when sitting upon it for half the morning. "You may want to drink a bit of water when we head off."
    Characters:

16. - Top - End - #16

(Tell me when you guys are ready, I'll start everything up)

17. - Top - End - #17

Spoiler
    Show
    GOGOGOGOGOGO! And where are the others?

18. - Top - End - #18

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm still around...
    If its just us three then big tactical maneuvers are necessary for survival me thinks.

I think its been decided that we're heading out to the appointed place with the tickets. Spike really doesn't have anything to grab before he heads off. So on my end its safe to begin on the tracks.
    Characters:

19. - Top - End - #19

Let me lit-up a cigarrette and i'm ready to go Risco takes his notebook from his room along with his cellphone and his stun gun, put them in his pockets lits-up a cigarrette and serves some cofee in a mug, drinks it in one zip and says I'm done, lets go
    Guchález

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20

When you finally step out of your apartment, you see quite a few things. A few blocks away, you see an apartment building with an entire corner of an apartment building missing. About half way there is an old dwarf and an old orc playing checkers. Finally a few feet from the museum, you see a mage with a long beard, pointed hat and stary robes reading the New York times, everyone else oblivious to his appearance.

The museum itself is a small, one story building made out of tan bricks with unpolished windows concrete walk way. There is an old-fashioned revolving door made out of polished brass. At the front is an elderly man dressed in a linen suit and thick glasses with pure white, thin hair. He seems to be the ticket counter.

What do you do?

21. - Top - End - #21

Spoiler
    Show
    Have we seen weird things before or is this our first encounter with the fantastic?

22. - Top - End - #22

Spoiler
    Show
    Considering you share an apartment with a wizard, I'll say you know a little bit about them

23. - Top - End - #23

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm still here, but I want someone else to initiate the scene first. Otherwise it's going to be a dialogue between me and Zane in all probability

24. - Top - End - #24

We should go and talk to Gandalf over there to enter the Museum Shouldn't we? Says Risco as he steps on what's left of his cigarrette.
    Guchález

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25

Rin looks down at his shoe and replies 'You shouldn't litter. It's bad for your health. I might break your arm, for example.'

She walks up to the wizard 'Er... We shall pass... We have tickets, you see.'
    Last edited by Caewil; 2008-10-21 at 08:59 AM.

26. - Top - End - #26

Spoiler
    Show
    Anyone here?

27. - Top - End - #27

Risco looks at Rin and tells her:
    "I think this guy is a flesh statue of some kind or maybe he has a hearing impediment."
    The he aproaches the guy at the door:
    Dude! We want to see the museum!
    Guchález

Spoiler
    Show