New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Banned

Default Re: Z-Day, Level 4 Outbreak, Game thread

@The Border:

Edwin ponders for a moment, before replying, "Hard to say. We should really all be heading back to our district watchpost to file our reports for this mess, but I'll give ya even odds half our guys went to the bar. Heck, if they were injured, they may be seeking healing. So, your guess is as good as mine. Frankly, I'm more interested in getting back to what's left of my ale."

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ettin in the Playground

Lykan watched alll of these people that seemed so un interested n him from a very near by alley way, and he pondered.
    If the gaurds themselves had multiple wounded... then if this was similar to any of the diseases he had heard about they may very well be infected as well, and may become like those things they had spoken of.
    He needed to make preperations.
    Thus going back to a measely abanonded hovel on the outskirts of town (Ie. a mostly destroyed building.), and buying as much wood, and brick laying material as he could he began to reinforce the measely abandoned building up walls to keep things out, and reinforcing his door.
    Spoiler
    Show

Taking 20 on both checks, and spending 50 GP on mateirals.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Banned

@Fanboy:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Crafting checks carry a penalty for failure, as a failure by 5 or more ruins half of the materials as well as failing to accomplish anything. Thus, taking 20 is not an option.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ettin in the Playground

((@: Mister Gm zombie:
    Spoiler
    Show

As you have willed it so it shall be done!
    Craft Barricade checks with master work tools coming right up!
    (1d20+9)[13]
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!
    Also as an OOC thing your a High ref in the arena, and I would like to have a mtach called that we've been waiting a day for.
    Its not to far down the gamma channel if its not to much trouble its fairly simple with a damage drop, and a quote for all the damage I've dealt him.
    Oh, come the F*** on I'm using Invisible castle from here out, I've rolled a 8, and a 4 for craft so far.
    Last edited by Fan; 2008-10-13 at 12:21 AM.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

Well. I guess that's it, then. Aemon starts to head back towards the inn. Strange times, indeed. On the way to the inn, he keeps his eyes and ears open for anything unusual, his hand never far from the hilt of his sword, betraying his worry.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Halfling in the Playground

Jaeril

Nothing else to do, I guess. It was exciting, but really a bit creepy. I've never seen things like that before. He shrugs slightly, and then makes his way back towards the inn, following Aemon. I've had about enough for one day. I'll find work tomorrow. Time to relax. And try to forget about those things. Jaeril shudders a bit as he walks. That wasn't natural.
    Excellent avatar courtesy of Evil_Pacifist.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Barbarian in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Issur

Following the priest's direction, Issur seeks out his company and the Lady under his protection. Frelling bureaucracy, separating me from my charge. Hope there isn't any other paperwork we'll suddenly need. Worried, but only mildly so, the armed man looks all about for those wearing the same crest as himself.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Banned

@Aemon and Jaeril:

You arrive at the inn, to find the town district opening back up. Every section of the town you walked through seemed subdued, almost shell shocked. The bartender at the Salty Dog has opened the doors up, and you see people filtering in, filling the place up rapidly. By the time you find a seat and settle in, there's over 50 townspeople here...

9. - Top - End - #159
    Banned

@Issur:

Approaching the temple of Tyr, you find it to be built up to resemble a veritable fortress. Thick stone walls, crenellated battlements, a thick wide oaken door... Entering, it seems simple, sparse, dimly lit. The light filtering in from the narrow arrow slit windows leaves deep shadows throughout most rooms and hallways, and the occasional torches on the walls do little to brighten the mood. Ornamented tapestries adorn the walls throughout the hallways, depicting various historical and religious scenes.

The mood changes as you enter the main worship hall. Massive overhead skylights illuminate the entire room, and the glint of gold, silver, and polished mahogany catches your eye. The entire area seems bright, hopeful... and full.

Throngs of people fill the area, surrounding the various sects of priests. You can overhear various rumors circulating through the crowd, and you can make out your company, towards the back of the area, surrounding your charge, as she apparently is discussing something with another priestess.

Mechanics:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You are entitled to a Gather information or listen check for the rumors, if you like. If you can read lips, you are entitled to use that to identify what the Priestess of Sune is saying. If you can think of other checks you'd like to make, things you'd like to do, feel free.

10. - Top - End - #160

NinjaGuy

Issur

Where many would feel out of place, Issur ignores everyone outside of his lady and his company. Even so, he can't help but pick up some few words as he shifts through the throng.

Finding his way through, Issur Nwyndethorn comes to attention a few steps away from Lady Syhamipy, waiting patiently until she chooses to address him to make his report.

Spoiler
    Show

He'll avoid picking up anything by reading her lips, that would be out of line for him, and he won't ask questions of the others, as they are unimportant right now. That leaves a Listen (1d20-1)[13]. Not so great with that whole social thing...

11. - Top - End - #161
    Banned

@Issur:

You over hear the following:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Yeah, the way ... one of the ... remove disease earlier on one of the ... Didn't do a thing ... suppose ... magic's been unreliable for years ... try tomorrow, right?"

When you arrive, the Lady Syhamipy is just concluding with the other priestess, who travels off. She turns to you, with a look of relief. "You're back! Excellent. I trust you succeeded in obtaining the permits, else I just had your entire company defy the city law here to protect the temple of Sune." The look on her face suggests she's not overly worried about that particular detail.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Sarah

Sarah turns to Edwin. It doesn't matter if we do it now or later. It's going to be hectic right now, so let's wait a litte. With that, she follows him back to the Salty Dog.
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Banned

@Sarah:

Edwin shrugs, as if the matter wasn't all that important, and heads to the Salty Dog. Along the way, his hand finds its way to the back of his neck, where he rubs wearily. "Ever get the feeling you're getting too old for this? Well, no, I suppose you wouldn't. You're still to young for that sort of thinking, I suppose...
    Still... Bill was my FRIEND. The guy we ripped limb from limb back there... I've watched his kid. I wanted to help save that woman... But I couldn't... just couldn't go into that alley. How the hell do you kill a guy that helped you build your house?
    I'm not sure I'm up to goin' home, seein' his place tonight. I'll probably grab a room when I get to the Salty Dog... That or the barracks. Anything to... hell, you know what I'm tryin' to say.
    "

With that, he holds pulls open the door and holds it for you, noticing that it's PACKED when he arrives. "So much for my drink still bein' on the table when I got back. Hell of a day, hell of a day."

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Sarah

You dont have to explain to me Edwin. I understand perfectly. I don't blame you. Don't worry about it she says, and gives him an affectionate hug. Everything will be fine.

As they enter the Salty Dog, Sarah spots two of the men with them earlier. Going over to them, she asks if they mind if she and Edwin sat with them and drank a little.

This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming it's Aemon and Jaeril.

Aemon waves them to go ahead and grab a chair, taking a long swig out of his pint of beer. "This isn't quite what I was expecting from this town. Does this kind of thing happen often around here? The name's Aemon. I'm not around here, so I wouldn't know."
    Last edited by Adumbration; 2008-10-15 at 12:40 PM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ettin in the Playground

Using the last of his 25 gp in materials, and salvaging whatever he can he tries to fortify his little hovel again.

I'll assume that equals ta win.

17. - Top - End - #167

Jaeril

Jaeril sits quietly at the bar of The Salty Dog with Aemon when Sarah and Edwin walk in. He shifts a bit on his stool to allow the two newcomers to fit in at the bar, and then looks up at Sarah, waiting her he to answer Aemon's question.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    yes i meant you two.

Sarah gets comfortable before she answers Aemon's question.

Well, to be honest. It usually is mild case of some sort of disease, but usually we only go into high alert, which is double patrol duties and whatnot to make sure the panic doesn't spread into the streets. Whenever this happens, the temple usually offers free healing to those who are afflicted. Sometimes the healing takes weeks, if lots of people are affected. But this is the first time i heard anything about people turning into undead.

She will then order 4 ale, good ale from the barmaid, and put a gold coin into her hand.

19. - Top - End - #169

Jaeril

After Sarah speaks, Jaeril thinks for a moment and then replies.
    "Do you think it's likely that there are going to be more riots like those today? Even if people are ready for another outbreak of whatever it is that caused the transformation, it could happen again, couldn't it?" He frowns. "We don't even know exactly how those people turned into undead - if those even were undead."

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Hard to tell. With large scale diseases, such as in this city. The disease might spread slow or fast. Or even depending on the person's immune system, how well they repel the disease, or even how much contact you had with it. There are just too many variables to be able to effectively determine how long a disease can last. That's why healing is free for weaks at a time after a disease strikes. They make sure they have cleansed the disease.

As for riots, it depends on how bad the infection is. We probably will be put on a high alert tomorrow, at best medium. That means all patrols will be out and about on the streets.

She picks up the ale from the maid as she returns, and downs half the cup in one go.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Banned

@Salty Dog:

The male guard with Sarah (Edwin) seems remarkably quiet, but that doesn't stop him from flagging down a bottle of some incredibly potent liquor, and proceeding to use a beer stein to drink it down in rather generous swallows. He occasionally nods, as if to agree with Sarah's points.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Banned

@Hovel on town border:

Your work progresses smoothly, and by dusk, you have a barricade that seems nearly as functional as the original walls of this building. Based on the rubble, it seems to ba an abandoned waypost, and, though most of the second story is gone, you even have a ladder leading up to a small section of flooring left over from the second floor of the building, affording an impressive view of the roadway. The lower level's boarded up a bit too well for good visibility, so, for now, it looks like you can even have a look out, at the cost of being visible on the slightly more exposed second floor.

23. - Top - End - #173

NinjaGuy

Issur

Keeping his smile prim, Issur give his lady a quick nod, "Yes, m'lady. I have the permits with me, would you like them, or shall I hold on to them for safekeeping?" About to withdraw, Issur pauses, hesitating. "I... I hope you can forgive my absence, m'lady. I make no excuses, I should have been by your side during the fray." Lowering his head, eyes peer up to meet his charge's. After a moment, he will withdraw to take his position with the rest of the squad.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ettin in the Playground

Lykan satisfied with is progress decides that it would be best to remain here. Seeing as he needs no food, nor any water, or even AIR. He should be fine keeping a decent vigil from the 2nd floor. (made of mithral, os he should be relatively light.)

25. - Top - End - #175
    Troll in the Playground

"I think I'll stay indoors for a day or two, unless the situation changes dramatically. I'd like to have some peace and quiet - and an occasional drink." Aemon downs his beer and hails another one, getting drunker.

"Are there any sights to see around here? A famous library, a wonderful park, somewhere to spend time without getting into fights with the undead sort of thing?"

26. - Top - End - #176
    Banned

@Issur:

"Think nothing of it. While the laws of man can hold no sway over the will of gods, there are times when it's much less trouble to let the beaurocrats cross all their t's. Your efforts will prove most beneficial, if anything else happens." With that, the Lady Syhamipy turns away, travelling a short distance, apparently aiding the wounded.

The remainder of the squad maintains its discipline, doing its best to appear alert and ready, despite several wounded in their number. As you fall into place, one beside you, Baelnir, manages to comment to you in a low tone, without so much as moving his lips, "Have we got a story for you when we get back to the temple of Sune. You missed quite the battle at the registry."

27. - Top - End - #177
    Banned

At Aemon's question, Edwin speaks up, voice slightly slurred by prodigous amounts of booze. "The docks. Later on, work mostly stops, and there's good fishin'. Course, gotta wait 'til almost sunset. Any earlier, adn you'll be underfoot, what with all the ships loadin' up on food, water, that sorta stuff for puttin' to sea at high tide in the early mornin."

28. - Top - End - #178

NinjaGuy

Issur

Gaze fixed ahead, the disciplined warrior allows himself an aside. "I believe it. Encountered a couple of the things on my return trip."

Vigilant as ever, Issur Nwyndethorn performs his duties as he had for years, silent and crisp. Outwardly impassive, the mans thoughts swarmed with questions and doubt nipping at the resolve and staunch faith in his lady and in Sune's will. What were those creatures? What has this to do with the state of magics? Of our purpose in this city? Was this just the first outburst? With such questions unanswered, maintaining his calm, impassive demeanor took more will than Issur had had to exert in a long time. Soon, soon[I] he mentally urged Lady Syhamipy, Let us retreat to somewhere truly safe, at least until we can be sure this threat has passed. Passage of time become imperceptible, the guardsman solidifies his mental defenses, allowing the song of Sune to play strong in his mind, drowning out all other thoughts.

29. - Top - End - #179

Jaeril

Jaeril listens as his questions are answered, and trys to process the new information. But, inspired by Aemon, he begins to drink, and soon looses focus. Eventually, he is concentrating more on balancing on his stool than learning.
    Fish! I like fish. And there are fish at the docks! I should go fishing... But it's dark now. I won't be able to see the fish. I'll fish tomorrow. Need a bed.

Jaeril turns to the barkeeper and attempts to not slur his words too badly. "Do you... have any rooms left to rent for tonight?"

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Talking late into the night with Jaeril and Aemon, Sarah loses track of the time. She herself is lightly buzzed, which hasn't happened in a good long time, but she felt she needed it.

Finally glancing at the clock and realizing it was past midnight. She stood up too fast and almost fell over. Shaking ehr head slightly, she helped pull Edwin to his feet.

Turning to Aemon and Jaeril she said It is late now. We must be getting some sleep. We will have to wake up early tomorrow morning. If we are not put on duty, we will probably be in here. Goodnight gentlemen.

Putting an arm under Edwin's she struggled to bear his weight as they made their way home. He was very much drunk, and would have a good headache in the morning.

As they approached the barracks, it took her quite a few moments of trying to open the door before someone opened it for her. It was her commander. With a finger to her lips, she helped Edwin from the other shoulder and helped Sarah put him into bed. She then said to Sarah Get some sleep. Tomorrow we rise early.

Sighing, she herself snuggled into her own bed and soon quickly drifted off to sleep.