New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground
    Default Suggestion (RSS feeds)

It'd be really awesome if the boards would allow RSS feeds on individual threads. This would allow users to better keep track of discussions and play-by-post games. Don't know how hard it would be to implement though...
    Grigory: http://www.planetadnd.com/3eprofiler/view.php?id=3525&&&&

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Suggestion (RSS feeds)

This is roughly the thousandth time I've seen it suggested. I believe that The Giant does not want RSS feeds for some reason that I keep forgetting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus View Post
    However, the general consensus about the best way to stop a monster from attacking is to kill it. In the case of undead, we recommend killing it again.
    2 useful principles for keeping roleplaying games fun.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Wally
    It'd be really awesome if the boards would allow RSS feeds on individual threads. This would allow users to better keep track of discussions and play-by-post games. Don't know how hard it would be to implement though...
    It would be awesome, but, alas, yabb doesn't have such a feature. My suggestion to you is to send you over to yabb's website (the link can be found at the bottom of these pages) to post on their message board for inclusion in a future release.

Winged One: This is actually a different request than the usual one where people want an RSS feed for the comic. The Giant isn't opposed to the idea of one at all, and there is, actually, an official GiantITP feed that isn't in use right now because I've never taken the time to test it practically.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Well, in the mean time, you can get a similar effect by clicking the "Notify My of Replies" or whatever button. Anytime someone posts in a thread, an email is sent to you, alerting you about it.
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sadly, this has the unfortunate effect of filling your email account with notifications.

So. I suggest getting a Gmail account specifically for this purpose and then downloading the Notifier. So that you will get a little message popping up from your address bar whenever someone posts on one of the threads which you want to keep track of.

If you don't have Gmail, I can send you an invitation if you'll relate to me your email address.
    DON'T PANIC
    (Arthur Avatar by the Losar.)

GO BLUE

6. - Top - End - #6
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RawBearNYC
    Winged One: This is actually a different request than the usual one where people want an RSS feed for the comic. The Giant isn't opposed to the idea of one at all, and there is, actually, an official GiantITP feed that isn't in use right now because I've never taken the time to test it practically.
    Well, if it's something you've been considering implementing, put me down as one who would use it...
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, &&for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.