Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 36
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Hyozo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In the Playground

    Default Return of the Burning Plague [4e] (team one IC)

    The mayor of Kivud's pass was glad to have so many volunteers offer their aid. He has contacted you, informing you that he firmly believes that the cause of the problem is in the mines. "The first people to get sick were the miners, and the missing ones were last seen entering the mines. Whatever the source of our issue is, it simply has to be in there somewhere." and so here you are, outside the recently abandoned silver mine.

    The tunnel into the mine was cut years ago and looks impressively sturdy. Two parallel grooves are dug into the floor and extend into the darkness; an old mine cart lies on its side nearby. A cool breeze emanates from within and the stillness of the scene gives you a strange sense of foreboding.
    Last edited by Hyozo; 2008-09-25 at 11:25 PM.
    Avatar by Vulion. Vectored by me.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Ifni's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007

    Default Re: Return of the Burning Plague [4e] (team one IC)

    Elena

    Elena shivers in the breeze from the mines, and shifts closer to Tasha. Mere weeks ago she was celebrating her graduation, looking forward to a secure future as ritual-wizard to a trading company or noble house: now, somehow, she's one of those strange folk known as "adventurers".

    Well. Not "somehow". She knows why she's here.

    She shifts her pack on her slender shoulders. The storekeeper had sold her what he claimed was the standard adventurer's kit: it had consumed a significant fraction of her savings, but she didn't want to enter the mines unprepared. Her ritual components and spellbook are carefully stored in inside pockets of the pack: besides her clothes, her only other possession is the hawthorn staff on which she leans.

    Elena is a small, fragile-looking girl of nineteen. Her long, silky dark hair is held back from her face by a crescent-shaped comb of polished wood. She wears simple, practical trousers and shirt, beneath a softly flowing robe that falls nearly to her feet. Her shoes are soft leather, well-worn.

    "Well. Here we are..." she murmurs almost inaudibly. People are lost down there in the dark... She takes a deep breath as she looks into the dark mine entrance, and almost unconsciously falls into the meditations she learned from the priests of Ioun, attuning her senses to the presence of alien magic.

    [OOC: Elena will take 10 on an Arcana check to sense the presence of magic at the entrance to the mine, getting DC 20. If there's a L0-1 magic item / zone / ritual effect / weird phenomenon there, she'll sense it. I'm not expecting anything, but might as well check.]
    Last edited by Ifni; 2008-09-26 at 07:43 PM.
    PCs:
    Spoiler
    Show


    Word:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    I must not argue on the Internet.
    Internet argument is the mind-killer.
    It is the little death that brings total aggravation.
    I will face my annoyance.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    When it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path.
    Where the irritation has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.


    Avatar by Castaras. Thanks!

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Ipphli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Return of the Burning Plague [4e] (team one IC)

    Lerris

    Lerris stands slightly apart from the others and studies the entrance. The tall, lean half-elf reaches up and moves a lock of his long, black hair out of his face, revealing stunningly golden eyes. He frowns as he looks into the mine, then glances at the others. "Any of you a magician that can make a bit of light for us? Oh, and I'm Lerris by the way. Nice to meet you all." He returns to his study of the outside.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Perception (1d20+7)[23]
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

    Avatar by Ninjaman

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2008

    Default Re: Return of the Burning Plague [4e] (team one IC)

    "So, your Elena?" asked Bit, not sure if this was the girl he was looking for. He had just arrived at Kuvid's pass a while ago, looking for his correspondance from his days as a student, Elena, and was told he could find her at the mouth of the mine, ready to explore the place. "I'm Bit, the one you wrote to? You said in your last letter that things were happening in your home town and people were getting sick, so I figured you would like some help. I'm sure Corellon would aprove of me coming to heal the sick here," explained Bit, so as to make sure she knew who he was.

    Bit was currently dressed in his chain armor, green and leaf motif abundant, with Corellon's symbol bolding showing upon his chest. His long, pointed ears and long brown haid made him further stand out amongst the people at the opening of the mine, Bit standing as a pround symbol of his people and his faith, his voice full of kindness yet honed with authority.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Ifni's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007

    Default Re: Return of the Burning Plague [4e] (team one IC)

    Elena

    "Oh, yes, I guess we didn't do introductions earlier, everything was such a rush. I'm pleased to meet you, Lerris, and to meet you in person at last, Bit. I'm Elena, yes. Thank you both for coming to help." She smiles tentatively.

    "Lerris, I can create light. Who wants to go first? They should probably have the light spell."
    Last edited by Ifni; 2008-09-26 at 03:07 PM.
    PCs:
    Spoiler
    Show


    Word:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    I must not argue on the Internet.
    Internet argument is the mind-killer.
    It is the little death that brings total aggravation.
    I will face my annoyance.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    When it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path.
    Where the irritation has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.


    Avatar by Castaras. Thanks!

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2008

    Default Re: Return of the Burning Plague [4e] (team one IC)

    "Since I have some pretty good armor, how about I go first," voluteered Bit.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Alabama
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Return of the Burning Plague [4e] (team one IC)

    A tall blue skinned "man" with glowing lines across his body extends his arm, blocking the cleric. His leather armor looks worn soft, but oiled and shined, spotless but on worn spots. His left hand does not leave a scabbard at his waist, and a pair of khaki canvas pants clint tightly to his legs. I can not allow a man of the cloth to risk his life, if any blood is to be shed today, I will pursue it not being of yours or the lady's Stepping forward, his armor sliding an popping over his body, the air around him crackles, the Genasi extends a three and a half foot long broadsword from the scabbard that ignites in a green flame. Pointing the sword forward, his voice cracks Stay close behind me, and if any of you are skilled with traps, please keep your eyes open. I have no desire for any of us to come to harm on a simple investigation, be it through malicious intent or the poor shape of this mine.

    As he walks forward, the Gensai turns back to the cleric and wizard. I am called Ashar-kai, a sword of the storms. Is there something personal about this situation I am unaware? I was only informed what was required to complete the mission, and that was simply investigate the mine, but that does not require endangering the lives of a man of the cloth, a student of the arcanic arts, and a whole team of others!
    Love me!
    Ixious Draconia
    10 years of tabletops and cheetos
    Avid Roleplayer/Loquacious Dungeonmaster

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Ifni's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007

    Default Re: Return of the Burning Plague [4e] (team one IC)

    Elena

    "Personal? Yes. I grew up in this town... my family still lives here. My father and brother are miners - or were, before the sickness struck." Elena's face is sombre. "I'm not an experienced adventurer, but if there's a chance my magic might make the difference, I'm not going to stay behind."

    Elena snaps her fingers. A whorl of bright white light blossoms into being at the end of Ashar-kai's broadsword, throwing off trails of softly glowing sparks. The glow quickly widens and sinks into the blade, mingling with the sword's fire to shed a clear, green-tinted light for twenty feet around the genasi storm-warrior.

    Grasping her staff tightly, Elena also starts toward the mine entrance, several steps behind Ashar-kai. She waits for Bit and Lerris to precede her if they wish, and looks back at Tasha, the only one who has not spoken yet.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Elena uses the Light cantrip on Ashar-kai's sword.
    Last edited by Ifni; 2008-09-26 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Clarifying actions
    PCs:
    Spoiler
    Show


    Word:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    I must not argue on the Internet.
    Internet argument is the mind-killer.
    It is the little death that brings total aggravation.
    I will face my annoyance.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    When it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path.
    Where the irritation has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.


    Avatar by Castaras. Thanks!

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2008

    Default Re: Return of the Burning Plague [4e] (team one IC)

    "A man of cloth? Ashar-kai, I bear chainmail, not cloth. While i'll let you lead us and thank you for the concern, i assure you, I will be fine. I'll keep an eye out for you," said Bit with a chuckle, as he followed him into the mine.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Ipphli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Return of the Burning Plague [4e] (team one IC)

    Lerris

    Lerris looked at the elf curiously and a bit...wary? At the blue man's announcement, he shrugs. "I can be pretty quiet when I need to be. But if the big man with the big sword wants to walk in front, be my guest." He pulls out his bow and strings it, waiting for the 'blue-man' to lead the way.
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

    Avatar by Ninjaman

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2008

    Default Re: Return of the Burning Plague [4e] (team one IC)

    While everyone is introducing themselves and getting acquainted, Tasha is already a few yards inside the mouth of the mine, using her everburning torch to provide extra light. She keeps her hand close to her longsword, feeling the rough leather that wraps around the handle. The same leather comprises her armor, well-worn and dirty, which protects her small but tone frame. Tasha turns around and shouts back to her companions.

    "This reminds me of the Cursed Mine of Khazarad Goblinskewer. This wealthy dwarf built a giant mine to a massive adamantine vein, consisting of a complete maze of tunnels and passages. Even though there was plenty of adamantine, the mine never made any money, because whenever a miner would enter, he would be driven mad by vengeful earth spirits who were displease with their home being disrupted.

    ...Yeah, Ashar-Kai, why don't you go first..."


    She quickly makes her way out to the mouth of the cave where the rest of the party has gathered. She walks behind Ashar-Kai and begins chatting with Elena.

    "Isn't this exciting, Elena? Your first foray into the wide profession of adventuring! You must be so thrilled!"
    Last edited by Pumpkin3.1415; 2008-09-26 at 11:52 PM.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Ifni's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007

    Default Re: Return of the Burning Plague [4e] (team one IC)

    Elena

    "... vengeful earth spirits?" Elena stares into the mine apprehensively, then sighs. "It would be easier to be excited if I wasn't worried about my family."

    She makes a determined effort to smile. "Shall we look around for tracks, see if anyone other than humans has gone into the mine ahead of us?" She flushes, and quickly adds, looking sideways at Tasha, "I mean, maybe it's not a good idea... I just thought, it's like what adventurers do in the stories."

    Spoiler
    Show
    If Lerris wants to look for tracks or other signs of creatures, Elena will attempt to aid another on Lerris' Perception check, getting (1d20+4)[10] (vs DC 10). She will then stop delaying the group's entry into the mines and follow Ashar-kai into the darkness, ideally walking near the back, but not last in line.
    Last edited by Ifni; 2008-09-27 at 01:40 AM.
    PCs:
    Spoiler
    Show


    Word:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    I must not argue on the Internet.
    Internet argument is the mind-killer.
    It is the little death that brings total aggravation.
    I will face my annoyance.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    When it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path.
    Where the irritation has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.


    Avatar by Castaras. Thanks!

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Alabama
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Return of the Burning Plague [4e] (team one IC)

    Pausing slightly to look at Elena. I will do everything in my power to keep each of you safe, even if it means wrestling an elemental and showing them the true fury of the Elemental Chaos. As for your family, I will not argue the valuable asset you will be in this endevour, but you must assume the worst, that way any suprise you may find in here will be one of joy, not depression. Even a moment of weakness could cost you dearly in the face of danger. As the Genasi walks forward, glowing from her spell, he takes on a more stern walk Because sometimes it isn't hope that keeps us going, but awareness that anything we face, we are prepared to do what it takes to overcome.

    The genasi grows quiet, walking 2 paces ahead of tghe group, apparently trying to take his own advice.
    Love me!
    Ixious Draconia
    10 years of tabletops and cheetos
    Avid Roleplayer/Loquacious Dungeonmaster

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Ipphli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Return of the Burning Plague [4e] (team one IC)

    Lerris

    Lerris smiles at Elena before glancing at the others. He speaks up, loud enough for the blue-man ahead to hear. "You three go ahead. I'll cover the rear. After all, I can still be effective from back here.' He hefts the longbow a moment, smiling warmly at all, though it slips a bit when directed at the elf.
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

    Avatar by Ninjaman

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Hyozo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In the Playground

    Default Re: Return of the Burning Plague [4e] (team one IC)

    About 100 feet down the tunnel you come to a larger chamber, roughly circular and with a 25 foot diameter. This area does not look to have been used for some time. Some of the rocks that lay around glint with silver but look to have been cast aside. The mine carts look rusted but could possibly be moved with considerable effort.

    Just as you begin to enter the room and take in the view, Half a dozen reptilian humanoids burst into the room from the other enterance, spears raised.

    Roll initiative

    Avatar by Vulion. Vectored by me.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Ifni's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007

    Default Re: Return of the Burning Plague [4e] (team one IC)

    Elena

    As the party descends into the mine, Elena continually glances around nervously. She jumps as the reptilian creatures burst into the room, nearly stumbling backward into Lerris. Despite her nervousness - or perhaps because of it - she reacts almost instantaneously, eldritch energy gathering around her hawthorn staff.

    Initiative (1d20+2)[22]
    Last edited by Ifni; 2008-09-27 at 06:02 PM.
    PCs:
    Spoiler
    Show


    Word:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    I must not argue on the Internet.
    Internet argument is the mind-killer.
    It is the little death that brings total aggravation.
    I will face my annoyance.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    When it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path.
    Where the irritation has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.


    Avatar by Castaras. Thanks!

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Alabama
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Return of the Burning Plague [4e] (team one IC)

    Raising his sword, Ashar-kai yells out "SCALEMEN!" and takes a parrying stance (ironicly blocking everyone else in.....)

    Initiative: (d20)[9]
    Love me!
    Ixious Draconia
    10 years of tabletops and cheetos
    Avid Roleplayer/Loquacious Dungeonmaster

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Ifni's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007

    Default Re: Return of the Burning Plague [4e] (team one IC)

    Elena

    Elena quickly searches through her memories of the Academy's bestiaries. Has she read of these creatures and their habits, or are they new to her?

    Monster knowledge check:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge check (1d20)[17]
    +10 if the appropriate skill is Arcana or Religion (they are of the elemental, fey, shadow or immortal origin, or are undead or constructs)
    +9 if the appropriate skill is Nature or Dungeoneering (they are of the natural or aberrant origin)


    Her mind is strangely clear: while she feels fear, it only seems to sharpen her thoughts and memories. The pages of the bestiary seem to glow before her eyes: she feels as if she can recite their contents word for word.

    [OOC: With either 26 or 27 on a monster knowledge check, unless these are paragon tier monsters (eep!) I should know the creatures' name, type, powers, keywords, resistances and vulnerabilities.]
    Last edited by Ifni; 2008-09-27 at 06:16 PM.
    PCs:
    Spoiler
    Show


    Word:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    I must not argue on the Internet.
    Internet argument is the mind-killer.
    It is the little death that brings total aggravation.
    I will face my annoyance.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    When it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path.
    Where the irritation has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.


    Avatar by Castaras. Thanks!

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2008

    Default Re: Return of the Burning Plague [4e] (team one IC)

    "Foul beasts!" exclaimed Bit, as he drew his bow and readied himself for the coming fight, making sure to guard Elena from any incoming attacks.

    Intiative: (d20)[17]

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2008

    Default Re: Return of the Burning Plague [4e] (team one IC)

    Tasha readies her longsword, and points it at the foes that have come into view. Running her hand along its blade, arcane sigils etch themselves into the metal

    "Scaly creatures roam
    Blocking the chamber's exit
    Move or else be moved"


    Initiative (1d20+2)[9]

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Alabama
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Return of the Burning Plague [4e] (team one IC)

    whispering under his breath Always the showman, but let's see you use it for more than entertaining a crowd. A real warrior does not need glory.
    Love me!
    Ixious Draconia
    10 years of tabletops and cheetos
    Avid Roleplayer/Loquacious Dungeonmaster

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2008

    Default Re: Return of the Burning Plague [4e] (team one IC)

    "Not now you two. Elena, burn them!" said Bit, knocking his bow.
    Last edited by Baxter190; 2008-09-27 at 07:30 PM.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Ifni's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007

    Default Re: Return of the Burning Plague [4e] (team one IC)

    Elena

    "Burn them? Oh, I have something else in mind," Elena breathes, as her eyes fix on the creatures who perhaps are responsible for the town's ills. Strands of violet and black flame branch and spread along her staff, spiralling into a growing, shimmering darkness at the staff's tip.
    PCs:
    Spoiler
    Show


    Word:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    I must not argue on the Internet.
    Internet argument is the mind-killer.
    It is the little death that brings total aggravation.
    I will face my annoyance.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    When it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path.
    Where the irritation has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.


    Avatar by Castaras. Thanks!

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Alabama
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Return of the Burning Plague [4e] (team one IC)

    Raising an "eyebrow", more appropriately a fissure where an eyebrow would seem normal, Ashar-kai looks at the blast, attempting to recognize it from among the Elemental Chaos


    Arcana: (d20+9)[22]
    Love me!
    Ixious Draconia
    10 years of tabletops and cheetos
    Avid Roleplayer/Loquacious Dungeonmaster

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Ipphli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Return of the Burning Plague [4e] (team one IC)

    Lerris

    Spoiler
    Show

    Sorry, I was busy moving today. If I hold things up again, I have no prob with the GM NPC'ing me til I get back.


    Lerris startles a bit as he sees the lizard-like people jump out. He attempts to get a clear shot without shooting one of his allies in the back.

    Initiatve (1d20+4)[5]
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

    Avatar by Ninjaman

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Alabama
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Return of the Burning Plague [4e] (team one IC)

    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Ipphli View Post
    Lerris

    Spoiler
    Show

    Sorry, I was busy moving today. If I hold things up again, I have no prob with the GM NPC'ing me til I get back.


    Lerris startles a bit as he sees the lizard-like people jump out. He attempts to get a clear shot without shooting one of his allies in the back.

    Initiatve [roll0]
    Thank the gods i am not DM, 1 on initiative in my games = bad times for all
    Last edited by ixious; 2008-09-28 at 12:09 AM.
    Love me!
    Ixious Draconia
    10 years of tabletops and cheetos
    Avid Roleplayer/Loquacious Dungeonmaster

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Ifni's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007

    Default Re: Return of the Burning Plague [4e] (team one IC)

    Elena

    The glowing black and violet lines on Elena's staff vanish into the inky darkness that now shrouds the implement. The young wizard extends her staff to point at the reptilian creatures, and the darkness flows forth in a smoky wave.

    The room grows dimmer: even the magical light of Ashar-kai's sword seems slightly lessened. Where the kobolds stand, tendrils of creeping shadow rise from the stone floor and abandoned mine carts to clutch at them. The shadows writhe and change constantly, taking on ephemeral forms that hint at unknown terrors.

    After casting her spell, Elena clenches her empty fist. A ghostly hand coalesces in the south of the room, and begins pulling at the nearest mine-cart. Elena slips past Lerris and moves back along the corridor, to clear the way for the ranger. Her voice surprisingly calm, she calls out, "These are called kobolds. They rely on group tactics: they'll try to swarm you if they can."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Elena casts Grasping Shadows to catch the four minions and the northern skirmisher (burst 1, centered on the square with the mine cart, in the line of the corridor). The shadows will persist until the end of my next turn: creatures entering the area take 5 psychic damage and are slowed until the end of their next turn. So if you have ways to move them back into the area after they get out, enjoy
    Here are my attacks vs Will: if I hit, the target takes damage as noted and is slowed until the end of my next turn.
    Against the skirmisher: (1d20+5)[10] for (1d8+5)[11] psychic damage
    Against minion 1: (1d20+5)[21]
    Against minion 2: (1d20+5)[24]
    Against minion 3: (1d20+5)[10]
    Against minion 4: (1d20+5)[20]
    Hopefully that's goodbye to three minions. After casting her spell, Elena will create a Mage Hand in the square south of the southernmost mine cart (it will start trying to move the cart), then move to the square behind Lerris: she wants to stay within the range of Ashar-kai's light.
    Now... I won't complain if you want to house-rule this, iceddragons, but RAW, Mage Hand is a Conjuration, and Conjurations prevent enemies from moving through the squares they occupy. Ideally, the southern skirmisher now doesn't have anywhere to go except through my Grasping Shadows.
    Last edited by Ifni; 2008-09-28 at 02:39 AM.
    PCs:
    Spoiler
    Show


    Word:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    I must not argue on the Internet.
    Internet argument is the mind-killer.
    It is the little death that brings total aggravation.
    I will face my annoyance.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    When it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path.
    Where the irritation has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.


    Avatar by Castaras. Thanks!

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Alabama
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Return of the Burning Plague [4e] (team one IC)

    Spoiler
    Show

    I am going to need to reflavor all of this, i missed on every single account.....


    Standing tall and proud, Ashar-kai raises his blade looking at the kobold (to the north). "My soul sparks with energy, storms of fate do not bode well for you" and then shifting his stare (the the south Kobold)"or you". Crackling and popping travel from his hands into the blade before a bolt of lightning jumps from sword to (north) Kobold pulling him (to the square next to T if that is still open, if not anywhere around me) directly into Ashar-kai's sword.

    Spoiler
    Show

    BELOW IS NULL AND VOID SINCE THE FIRST ATTACK MISSED, LOOK AT OOC FOR WHAT HAPPENED INSTEAD

    Leylines pulsing, Ashar-kai whispers "blood conducts electricity quite well, let me show you". Lightning pulses through the blade again burning the flesh of the already pierced Kobold and arcing to (south skirmisher) striking it in the chest.

    Ashar-kai looks at (south Kobold) and, pulling his blade out of (north kobold) "I told you, this day is not your day, the storms of fate will see to that!"


    Spoiler
    Show

    Parenthesis are things that as of right now look possible or express relative relations, like North kobold versus South kobold even if north moves west and south moves east, it says who I am targeting. It also expresses things that may not occur due to conditions, such as creatures being in range, or not dead. These will be ninja edited out when my turn actually comes and it is known if N.Kobold is actually N/S/E/W. If I ever write a post that due to position, everything i aim at being dead, or blatantly missing on a prereq for something, like lightning lure in this, just have me walk up to closest enemy and do greenfire blade then mark a different mob.

    And on to the crunch, gods I hope for good rolls

    1. Promise of the Storm (racial encounter minor action)
    Effect: Until the end of my next turn, you deal an extra 1d8 damage with any lightning or thunder power I use.

    2. Lightning Lure (at-will standard) on K(north), no matter where he is I will move him somewhere next to me unless I am surrounded. If I am surrounded, move me somewhere I am not and forget step 4 and 5

    Hit:
    (d20+4)[6] versus Fortitude

    Damage:
    (d6+4)[7] lightning damage
    + (d8)[4] extra lightning damage
    and not pulling my sword out of the Kobold yet.....

    NULL AND VOID SINCE THE FIRST ATTACK MISSED, LOOK AT OOC FOR WHAT HAPPENED INSTEAD

    3. If he is still alive, spending an action point to gain an additional attack action and channel Lightning Clash through my sword into the N-kobold, then it will arc to S-kobold as long as they are <=5 squares apart.

    Hit:
    (d20+4)[8] versus AC, but I assume N.Kobold would be sort of denied armor since he is skewered at this moment

    Attack:
    (d10+4)[9]
    +
    (d8)[2] lightning damage

    and if that hit:

    Secondary Target (S.kobold)
    Hit:
    (d20+4)[11] versus Reflex

    Attack:
    (1d6+4)[8]
    +
    (d8)[7] Lightning damage

    END OF NULL AND VOID

    4. Aegis of Assault (minor action exchanged for move action) versus S.Kobold

    5. In the event S. Kobold attacks anyone except me before my next turn, It takes a -2 to attack rolls, and as an immediate reaction I am teleported to a square adjacent to him and make a melee attack with added effect Elemental Assault.

    Hit
    [roll]d20+3[roll] v. AC

    Attack
    (d10+3)[12] Lightning
    +
    (d8)[2] Lightning

    OK,
    Minor Action
    Standard Action
    Action Point-->Standard Action
    Move Action-->Minor Action
    Established a Reaction
    ...........
    ..................
    ......................
    Ashar-kai needs a cigarette, and since he missed on EVERY account, Ixious needs a beer, and it is only 1pm...


    Since Lightning Lure missed, I am going to have to write something completely new for my action point usage, but first I am letting DM read this post. There is still a chance of me dealing damage since usage of Lightning Clash was conditional on Lightning Lure working, but before i post a monstrosity backup plan.....
    Last edited by ixious; 2008-09-30 at 08:12 AM.
    Love me!
    Ixious Draconia
    10 years of tabletops and cheetos
    Avid Roleplayer/Loquacious Dungeonmaster

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2008

    Default Re: Return of the Burning Plague [4e] (team one IC)

    "Good job Elena. My turn now," Said Bit, a bit awe inspiried from her spell. moving diagonally to his right, he raised his bow and opend fire on the stronger looking kobold, ready to unleash even more arrows if it survived.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Move action: move forward 1 square, then down 1 square.
    Standard action: Attack with bow (d20+4)[10]
    if I hit I do (1d10+2)[7] damage

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Hyozo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In the Playground

    Default Re: Return of the Burning Plague [4e] (team one IC)

    Round 1

    As Elena casts her illusion, three of the weaker looking kobolds fall from the mental attack. Her hand of force appears and attempts to pull one of the minecarts, but barely manages to tip it even slightly.

    Bit moves closer to one of the skirmishers and attempts to put an arrow through it, but the kobold easily moves out of the way and then approaches Bit to attack with it's spear, hitting hard. (sorry, but I'm fairly certain Mage Hand wasn't meant to be used as an obstruction) The other Skirmisher approaches Ashar-kai to attack, but being too cautious, doesn't get qite close enough to hit him. The remaining one of the weaker kobolds throws his small spear at Ashar-kai, also missing, before attempting to step out of the room.

    Ashar-kai's first spell fails, but his second manages to bring the kobold attacking him closer to both of the swordmages than it had wanted to be, and Ashar-kai's strike makes it quickly realize the problem with that.

    Tasha's turn

    Spoiler
    Show
    Kobold attacks:
    south skirmisher attack - (1d20+6)[26]
    damage - (1d8)[7] 8

    north skirmisher attack - (1d20+6)[9]
    damage - (1d8)[2]

    minion attack - (1d20+6)[14]
    Damage - 2


    Last edited by Hyozo; 2008-09-30 at 01:29 PM.
    Avatar by Vulion. Vectored by me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •