New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: Access Granted (Shadowrun 4th)

Circe

After being spun around, she snaps and quickly spins around his arm in the reverse direction again to push her back against his chest. "All you've proven is that you're not afraid to dance. Courage and wit mark a man, and I've not seen everything yet." She winks very slyly.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

Trail

Breathing in her hair he smiles as they move together. "Courage... All the 'boys' and even some of the girls desperately wish they could be in my place right now. Yet they had not the stones to do so. I think that puts me ahead of all them. Don't you?" he whispered as softly as the music would allow into her ear.

3. - Top - End - #33

Devil

Circe

"Being ahead..." She draws her finger over his lips, "does not mean success. Now show me you can lead as well as follow."

4. - Top - End - #34

Trail

With a smile Trail takes the lead in guiding her in a sensual dance around the dance floor as requested. Still he couldn't help but point out, "If I take the lead, after you tell me too doesn't that mean I am still just a follower?"

5. - Top - End - #35

Devil

Circe

Following his lead, Circe only whispers one thing. "You talk too much." She adds a wink and continues to follow him across the floor.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

The four new guys are in some sort of argument, from the looks of things. It's impossible to make out what they're saying from this distance, but it looks friendly from here. One of them has broken off to speak to the waitress, who heads over to the bar to get their drinks.

Nell:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The new guys are running in Passive for the most part, though one of them is Hidden, and the cyberware guy seems to have forgotten to slave his left arm. Nothing more is immediately apparent.

Ozzy:
    Spoiler
    Show
    ((With that many dice in play, I just bought you 3 hits. It's good enough to notice everything interesting about these guys.))

Cyberware guy is using standard low-grade cyberware. Either he was too strapped for cash to spring for anything better or he just didn't care.

Guy #2 is using some pretty advanced AR right now. He's wearing a pair of sunglasses, and there's some text visible scrolling down them. Lots of text, actually.

Guy #3 is a big guy, and could be mistaken for an Orc if his face wasn't visible. He's got a tattoo that Ozzy recognizes as one used by the East Side Deuces, a Go-Gang that broke up when it's hideout blew up a couple years back. No explanation for the explosion was ever given.

All four guys have pistol-sized bulges in suspicious places. Cyberware guy has two of them.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

7. - Top - End - #37
    Banned

RedWizardGuy

Nell

Eminently disinterested in the meatspace bar, Nell stares off into a multitude of AR screens comprising a fraction of her Favorites List. Her mischievous curiosity is piqued by the wide-open cyberarm, and she eventually takes to inspecting it properly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Matrix Perception - (8d6)[3][3][5][3][2][3][6][4](29)

((She'll try to find out, in order, whether there's a Databomb on the cyberarm's node, what rating of Encryption it has - if any - and if it has IC in it. Each hit is one piece of information, right? Individual devices don't have Firewalls, right? Only commlinks do, by virtue of having operating systems?

If there's no databomb, and if the Encryption rating is no higher than 3, Nell will casually hack the arm. With Decrypt + Response dice pool 9, she should be able to crack a rating 3 Encryption in 3 Combat Turns, or 9 seconds.

If this works out, or if the arm is entirely unprotected, Nell will take a look at it - what devices it includes, any specifics on those devices, and so on.))

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Ozzy

Ozzy subvocalizes a short message to the others.

[[Four guys. Armed. Looks like pistols. Standard-grade cyberware on one. Gang tattoo on another. Third one's reading something. I'll see if I can get a closer look.]]

Ozzy zooms in closer on the reader's glasses, setting his own glasses to record and relay the information to the others' commlinks.

((It looks like you forgot to detail the fourth guy, Destro.))
    The following errors occurred with your search:

1. This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between searches. Please try again in 306 seconds.

9. - Top - End - #39

Marco

Marco turns his face towards the bar, but keeps his eyes on the group trough the image uploaded by Ozzy. A somewhat displeased look passes over his face. He then sub vocalizes back [[Other runners no doubt, they better not be here for our job, any of you packing? have a peashooter on me.]]

Then marco makes sure to get next to the waitress at the bar. He gives her a sociable smile that could be interpreted as a flirt “ Rough bunch those, What are they going on about anyway?"

Spoiler
    Show
    rolls eh, to many dice, count the first 9?
    Last edited by YPU; 2008-10-04 at 06:07 PM.
    Your Personal Undead

Other Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

by dr. bathand, Kpenguin and Fay Graydon

You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    -C. S. Lewis

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Grawlin

Getting the message from the troll, and seeing Nell is alone Grawlin picks up his drink and moves on over to sit next to her.Ya look lonely since yer pointy-ear friend moved onta da dance floor.
    [[What gang symbol does he have Ozzy? No heat on me.]][[Nell, got a lock on thier PANs? Need any help?]]

((PAN is stealth tagged, everything slaved to the commset. I take it that the [[=subvocalize?))

11. - Top - End - #41
    Banned

RedWizardGuy

Nell

Nell never looks away from the AR, answering Marco and Grawlin. [[Got a taser, but if something goes down, I'm going to be out of sight and virtual. Want the zapper? I'm snooping that wide-open arm. Give me a moment and I'll have a fix on their PANs, too.]]

((I figure [[]] is either subvocalizing or texting - online communication, anyway.))

12. - Top - End - #42

Trail

The elves continue to dance to the music. While he appeared to be giving all his attention to Circe he was still watching the crowds. His comlink was active but he had be ignoring any messages. He hadn't really let anyone except Circe know that he was a part of the running crowd. "Seems like the tension levels just rose out there." he whispered in to her cute little ear.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

The waitress grins at Marco. Partly 'bout what they wanted to order. Mostly 'bout how to get somewhere. Didn't catch much of it. She gives him a wink and grabs a tray of drinks, heading back to the table with the four guys.

Nell:
    Spoiler
    Show
    There's a data bomb and some minor encryption (rating 2). Leaving the arm unslaved probably wasn't an accident after all.

Ozzy:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Actually, I didn't. Other than the gun, the fourth guy is nondescript.)
    There are a few different things scrolling down the glasses. One is the bar's menu, one looks like a Matrix forum of some sort, probably Ghost, and the third is a press release detailing Neophyte's research into various magical phenomena.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

14. - Top - End - #44

Marco smiles back at the waitress and waits for her to get away a few steps before he subvocs another message. [[don’t seem like much of threat from what I getter. Were probably jumping at shadows, keep an eye on them if you can spare tough.]] Marco orders another drink at the bar, nothing fancy.
    Your Personal Undead

Other Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

-C. S. Lewis

15. - Top - End - #45
    Banned

RedWizardGuy

Nell

"Clever geseki...", Nell mutters under her breath. Forget about the arm, then, but I'm keeping an eye on you...

She subvocalizes again, talking to Grawlin but transmitting to the entire team: [[He's got a little trap on that arm's node. I'll get a fix on them and see if I can pick up any com chatter.]]

Spoiler
    Show
    ((Getting a fix on their PANs would be the Electronic Warfare + Scan (15+, 1 Combat Turn) Extended Test, right? "Pick the hidden nodes out from the non-hidden one (sic)" ? Since we're in no hurry just now - and there doesn't seem to be any risk of getting detected trying to locate them - I figure she can spend a few minutes trying and succeed for sure either way? Her EW + Scan pool is 8. Once I've found their PANs, can I keep track of them without special effort while they're in my Signal range (4 km) ?

As I understand, it should be possible to set Nell's Agent to intercept the wireless signals from the group with her Scan program? If anything's flying between them, and Nell's within their Signal ranges, she doesn't have to have a fix on their PANs to intercept, yeah? With Pilot 3, the Agent would have a dice pool of 6 for the task, so it might take some trying to intercept, but shouldn't be impossible.

With two instances of Scan and one Agent running, Nell's still well within her System limits and not hurting her Response.))
    Last edited by Tsotha-lanti; 2008-10-05 at 12:12 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46

Devil

Circe

"I suppose no one can simply maintain polite non-paranoid decorum. Let's get a drink in between songs." Circe slid her delicate fingers in between Trail's and started tugging him over to the bar.

Once she got a straight look, Circe looked at the group that had everyone so worried with a critical eye.

Spoiler
    Show
    Assensing Test: (7d6)[4][6][6][3][2][1][2](24)
    2 successes
    Last edited by Sicarius; 2008-10-06 at 03:15 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47

Trail

While Circe does her magical mojo Trail orders her drink for her. He goes off what he knew she liked from prior times they had been together. When her focus returns he asks, "Did you do something different with your hair?" If she found something important she would tell with out him needing to ask, and if it wasn't important then the question would keep the focus on her, which is something he knew she enjoyed.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Ozzy

[[One of the things he's reading is something about magical research by Neophyte, whatever that is. He's also on some kind of forum. Hacker-lady, think you could get a read on what he's, uh, reading?]]

1. This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between searches. Please try again in 306 seconds.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

The waitress is back now, having handed out a few drinks. Nell runs a few scans of the bar and, after about half a minute, manages to get a clear lock on the PANs of the guys in question.

Nell:
    Spoiler
    Show
    There's some definite wireless chatter going on over there, and it only takes the agent, loaded with decrypt, a few seconds to break it. At roughly the same time Nell has a lock on them, it's got their signal signed, sealed and delivered. Popping up in the middle of a conversation won't give it much context though.

-ust the data, right? Right. Dunno how we're gonna do it yet though. Hey, that's why we're here. And as soon as that drek-head with the 'prints shows up, we can be out of here.

Circe:
    Spoiler
    Show
    ((Way I read it, you only get one aura per test. I'll apply that to guy number one, and make some extra rolls for the others.
    7d6 3,2,1,3,4,1,2: nuthin
    7d6 2,4,4,4,5,1,6: 1 hit
    7d6 3,2,6,5,4,3,5: 3 hits
    ))

Here's what you learn: Cyberware guy has a cyberarm, a cyberleg, cybereyes and a bunch of stuff crammed into his skull. He's in good health for someone with that much 'ware, and kinda bored.

Guy #2 you got nuthin

Guy #3 is excited, mundane and probably took too many drugs at some point.

Guy #4 is a less powerful mage than Circe, but he's in good health and pretty happy right now. No cyberware to speak of

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

20. - Top - End - #50
    Banned

RedWizardGuy

Nell

[[They're definitely on a job here. Sounds like a pick-up, a meet, or a hijack. Hope they're not planning to light the place up.]] Nell puts down her empty drink and smiles to herself. [[I'll see about tapping that one for you, Ozzy.]]

Spoiler
    Show
    The glasses displaying the AR are get it by wireless signal from the dude's commlink, yeah? So it's the Intercepting Wireless Signal action again. There's no risk of being detected, so I guess success is inevitable again?

Nell's going to intercept everything going to the glasses, specifically, display it a window in her own AR, record it, and forward it to Ozzy at the same time.

Meanwhile, the agent is still eavesdropping (and recording) their com chatter.

21. - Top - End - #51

Marco

Marco somewhat suddenly puts down his drink and frowned. [[So I was right, they are runners as well. No good then. Everybody swipe The Jorge tag from your PAN’s if you still have it, wouldn’t do us well if this gets ugly. So its sounds like they could start a some fire in here? That’s bad. Could I get a stream on their chatter.]] Marco’s sub-voc talk is fast but controlled.
    Your Personal Undead

Other Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

-C. S. Lewis

22. - Top - End - #52

Devil

Circe

"No, but I was thinking of dyeing it." Circe grabbed a tress and ran her fingers through it, sighing. "They're pretty eager beavers today. Very excited and happy at the current moment. At least one of them is one some sort of drug." Circe takes her drink and sips it. "And one is Awakened."

23. - Top - End - #53

Trail

For the briefest of moments Trail didn't quite follow Circe's jump of thought. He was going to ask how only a single hair could be on drugs or awakened. But the momentary confusion passed. "Oh really," he said looking at her dark tresses. "Are you thinking something extreme like blonde or fire red, or something more subtle?" As he keeps up the idle conversation he sorts through his AR popups to find the important ones. While keeping in mind her 'work' related comments

24. - Top - End - #54

Devil

Circe

"Blonde makes me look like a spoiled diva. I'm thinking a few flashes of subtle auburn red, just enough so that people can see it without being gaudy." Circe shrugged. "I don't like being gaudy."

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Ozzy

Ozzy removes the "Friend of Jorge" tag from his PAN.

[[If it comes down to a fight, I figure I can take care of 'em. Looks like all they got is peashooters.]]

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

Nell spends another minute or so setting up a link between the other guy's glasses and hers. It isn't long before she's got access to everything he's looking at. Meanwhile, their argument seems to have ended and they're sitting around quietly, at least in appearance. The comm-chatter continues, though.

Nell/Ozzy
    Spoiler
    Show
    Both of you get access to the following materials: The Bar's menu. The Ghost forum, a popular Matrix hangout for runners. It never reached the popularity of Shadowland, but it's big in Vancouver. Current topic seems to be related to the press release he's also reading. Neophyte has been doing some research into things like the Richmond Earthquake, trying to figure out how they were caused. Needless to say, if they do know anything it's going to be pretty valuable information, which is probably why the release doesn't go into too much detail.

As for the chatter, it seems they're somewhat annoyed because a guy they were supposed to meet here is late. He has some blueprints of some sort, and they need those to do their job. It's making them nervous that he's not here yet.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

27. - Top - End - #57
    Banned

RedWizardGuy

Nell

Nell forwards the com chatter to the rest of the team.

As for the chatter, it seems they're somewhat annoyed because a guy they were supposed to meet here is late. He has some blueprints of some sort, and they need those to do their job. It's making them nervous that he's not here yet.
    [[Chill. It doesn't sound like they planned to jack this guy - and I doubt they'd want a firefight with the entire bar.]]

Nell orders another shot of cachaça and relaxes, her attention drifting from the chatter to the guy's reading material and a half-dozen other nodes.

28. - Top - End - #58

Trail

"Just a hint of red? So just a small warning to anyone that might be interested on what they might be in for with you."
    Trail wasn't teasing or being mean it was more of a gently stated truth.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Ozzy

Ozzy decides to wait for Mr. Johnson, and resists the urge to pummel people.

30. - Top - End - #60

Devil

Circe

"Subtlety is stronger than substance." Circe idly muses, letting her hair go. "I wonder where the Johnson is."