New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Mafia VIII Game Thread - Day 1 - Please Move

((Right back atcha Zar Peter. I still need to come up with some rp...))

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Day 1 - Later - It seems like my paranoia was well founded. I looked out the window and there were people pointing at me and shouting my name! I'm hiding under the bed now on my laptop...it's rather uncomfortable. Maybe I should have moved it before I dived down here.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

(It's come to my attention that I messed up with sending out several of the roles.

I've reassigning some roles in the game, and with any autolynches more roles may be reassigned. Since this is Day 1 - If you want a new role, PM me and I may be able to reassign you a role.

If you have not received a PM, then you are the same role, if you have received your pm, let me know if you have any questions.)
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

(As mentioned, a lot of roles have been re-randomized, if you have a PM from me with your new role, let me know if you have any questions. If you randomly received your previous role - you will probably not be receiving a PM.

So - PM = new role, or same role
    No PM = same role)
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

Reinholdt. No reason nor logic.
    Last edited by Griever; 2008-09-29 at 07:59 AM.
    "Eins, zwei, drei... Ugh, I do not think we brought enough body bags."
    -TF2 Medic
    1850's TF2 Medic graciously provided by kpenguin

Call Filthy Grief, Pacemaker

Feel like some Dark Coffee?

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Umbrella View Post
    Selrahc, thanks for making up my mind on the first day.
    Uh... no problem?

7. - Top - End - #37
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Mafia VIII Game Thread - Day 1

*points at Elrond*
    Spoiler
    Show

Sigatar by Crimmy

8. - Top - End - #38
    Pixie in the Playground

*randomly points at KerfuffleMach2*

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

9. - Top - End - #39
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

A chill passed down my spine. Whether it was an effect of the cold window that pressed upon my cheek or trepidations over what was to come, I couldn't say. The countryside passed by in an unfocused blur. To a passerby, I might appear to be watching it. Just another weary traveler, slumped in my seat, lulled into a trance by the endless verdant cascade. In truth, my mind was miles away.

I'd hurt him. I'd listened to his broadcast that morning, had heard the choking sob as he'd been brought the news of my tragic 'accident'. It was almost more than I could handle. I tried to return to him then. I wish I had.

I wrapped my shawl closer around my shoulders as the feel of the biting leather restraints flooded my memory. They'd known I would betray our deal. Known that whether I'd felt it were for the best or no, that I would run to him that day. That I would be unable to hear the anguish in his voice and not want to soothe it away, to reassure him that I was alive. I knew they did this to hurt him, to undermine his campaign. I smiled inwardly at how little they knew him. Thinking a great man like that would fall apart over my death. They underestimated him, and I laughed. Laughed when they railed and ranted at his new edicts, his accelerated efforts. They restrained me again, then, tried to beat the smile out of me. It didn't work. Even bruised and bloodied, I smiled. I was so proud of him.

They tried to keep me isolated, but I heard things. Snippets of information, whispered conversation. He'd been hurt, taken.....somewhere. And then, my usefulness was over. I never understood why they didn't kill me. Why they allowed me to leave, knowing I would never rest until I'd found him, knowing I'd seen some of their faces. Maybe the jokers weren't the monsters everyone had thought.

I never did find him. Days, weeks, months, I searched. Time grew muddled and stale. They'd hidden him well and it seemed everyone that knew where he'd gone was dead. I recalled those days and the ones that followed with growing detachment, awash in my own failure, I'd shut myself away. Punished myself with the dark room, I ate enough to keep myself alive, but took no enjoyment from it. Any joy I'd had in my life had been taken from me.

And now, I was returning. I glanced out the glass and my reflection startled me. Where I had once been beautiful and vibrant, I was now gaunt, listless. Lifeless hair fell in scraggly waves over the the sharp angles of my face and shoulders. My eyes were dark and sunken, tired. A sigh shuddered in my breast, I hardly knew me. I stared hard at the scars on my wrists, the proof that I had sunken as low as I had. With a slow, deep breath, I closed my eyes and opened them to see the dark, grimy facade of the city pulling into view. I straightened my back and gathered my resolve. This time would be different. This time I would change things. This time I would leave the city safe and clean. I smiled at my unrealistic optimism, maybe I hadn't changed as much as I'd thought.

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Bugbear in the Playground

*tap*

*tap*

*tap*

*tap*

The cane drummed its repetitive rhythm on the pavement.

*tap*

*tap*

On top of the cane was a sphere, covered with flaking gold paint.

*tap*

Carrying the cane was an arm and a body in a lavish looking but ill-fitting suit.

*tap*

*tap*

*tap*

The head on the body's shoulders was weary with age, but just as striking as it had been thirty years ago.

*tap*

*tap*

And perched on the head, at a jaunty angle, was a faded black top hat.

*tap*

The Magician had come.
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

Uncle Festy you dies!
    Stupid cane tapping!

12. - Top - End - #42

One rosebud, but it was a sign that the lovers were in town. However some one was yelling at someone. And he said that he was just doing it. "Be quiet, out there." Who was that Griever?
    Last edited by ThePhantom; 2008-09-29 at 12:49 AM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

Faerie was glad to see people coming back into town. Her younger brother, Albert, had been so lonely since all his playmates had left. It hadn't been particularly good for business, either. They ended up having to close up shop and move away.

They had gone to live with a distant aunt for a while. It wasn't exactly what they were used to. The house smelled like moth balls and cedar. The aunt smelled like cold cream. Their cousin was always dripping with pomade, and he had some grandiose ideas. Faerie got a weird feeling from him. He always looked at her funny. It was creepy.

So Faerie and Albert headed back home. They pulled the boards off The Laundrette, cleaned the place up and reopened for business. It was going to be a fresh start, with new ideas and new friends. Albert had already had a crew to play stickball with. He was always talking about some kid named blue umbrella. Faerie guessed he'd be asking for a sleep over any time now. She just hoped the neighborhood would be safe enough to have guests...
    Spoiler
    Show

You love me... you really love me!

Ceikatar by the best Ceika, ever!

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

Ganurath found the Laundrette easily enough. He had been away a while, but he had heard the faintest whispers that that nervous, tearful girl had been behind the Falcone dominion when the Troupe was still a power. She may have stepped down, she may have turned sides... She may have leads. It'd be reason enough so he made progress toward his claimed agenda, and allowed him to get closure in person.

With a deep breath, he opened the door to the Laundrette. "You open?"

15. - Top - End - #45

I point at Elrond cuz he hasn't pointed yet.
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

Patting her blond curls, Maisie Price stepped off the train and surveyed her new surroundings. What a dump. This city she had ended up in had sure seen better days. Hardly a place where she was likely to land a job on the classier side of things, and she didn't want to end up dancing in some two-bit caberet. She looked at the name Lawrence had given her the last time she'd seen him. This fellow better be legit. I wouldn't put it past him to recommend me for a job at a gentleman's club. I suppose he was trying to do right by me... but he could have done a lot better! So much for all his promises. She should have known that he would never leave his wife, the old witch was the one with the money and he wasn't about to give that up, not even for all of Maisie's charms. She should never have listened to that scummy PI. That double-crossing low-life had gone and convinced her to try and get what she could never had, convinced her to take those photos for leverage over Larry, when really he had been working for the wife all along. Turns out Mrs. L. was pretty devious herself. Devious enough to endow a struggling dance company with the stipulation that all the dancers be of good character and let the owners know that a certain Miss Price did not meet that criteria. Somehow this information had also reached all the prospective employers in the area, as well as Miss Price's landlady at her rooming house. So it was time to start all over. Larry had given her a little money, she would have to make it last as long as she could. I suppose that means no cabs. This is going to take some getting used to. With a sigh she picked up her suitcase and began walking. She passed The Phantom working in his rose garden. "Excuse me sir? Could you tell me the way to some suitable lodgings for a young lady?"
    Last edited by SweetLikeLemons; 2008-09-29 at 12:35 AM. Reason: forgot the red text
    Many thanks to Castaras for the avatar!

17. - Top - End - #47
    Halfling in the Playground

I point at Zar Peter because he seems to favour those high priest guys, so maybe he is one and this is a double bluff?

Anyway it's the first day, so any reason to point, however tenuous, is more valid than none.

Once I have more time I will probably develop a character for myself and write some nice scenic prose.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Damn Jontom and his twisting logic that make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    Nothing personal JX, I just know how completely devious and brilliant you are at these games when you have the time to devote to them.
    All I'll say is that Jontom is a master at these games ... the blue guy with the spiky teeth can be very persuasive.

Evnafet's GitP WW archive is here.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Orc in the Playground

*crash*

The splinters of wood and shards of glass flying all around couldn't disguise the man being flung through that window. He was pretty nimble but was still unable to land on his feet when thrown with that much force. He sprawled across the floor picking up a few splinters of his own along the way.

And stay out ya good fer nuthin' trickster!

And that was all the landlord had to say before he walked away from the window he had just broken with the back of Fin's head!

Scrabbling to his feet, trying to maintain an air of dignity Fin brushed himself off. A quick glance to make sure people are watching, then payback time...

I'm sorry Mr O'Reilly but as a member of the state health board I cannot allow you to continue serving people drinks when you have broken so many violations. I mean really my good man how long did you expect to get away with the rats in your beer vat? Yes I know you explained to me that your a very lazy man but...

He was cut short as he had to duck a flying glass aimed at his head, now perhaps was the time to leave. His work here was done! Finlay Bartholemew Winterburn never left anybody with unpaid dues and throwing him threw a window meant that he owed you alot. With a casual wave at Mr O'Reilly as he stood at his door now trying his best to try and keep his disgusted looking customers from leaving, Fin turned and walked away. Timing his walk perfectly for the master stroke he turned his head slightly and muttered not to quietly...

So strange you would take these health risks when Lucky's has just passed everything, I know that all your self respecting customers will probably go there from now on...

And now Lucky's owed him to...

((Dallas-Dakota))
    Last edited by Fin; 2008-09-29 at 04:27 AM.
    Waiting for that day, when we all have the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Kris View Post
    I'll never trust you again. Even if we're on the same team. Even if the narrators tell me to.
    Monkeytar by me!/DYF Avatar by Mr Saturn!

19. - Top - End - #49
    Orc in the Playground

((Similar to Uncle Festy's character, but different.))

Down a dark and secluded alley, strange noises and lights jump and shout, creating a beautiful parade of colors and sounds. Then, as the dance reaches its peak, it all goes black, without sound or light to be heard.

Until, the slow, monotonous drawl of cane on stones can be heard approaching from the alley.

tap... tap... tap...

Then, a pale man appears, his eyes frozen and lifeless as he comes to a stop, viewing this new city he had been brought to.

Well, well, well, Sebastian grinned, Here cometh the Inquisitor.

(Atreyu)
    "Eins, zwei, drei... Ugh, I do not think we brought enough body bags."
    -TF2 Medic
    1850's TF2 Medic graciously provided by kpenguin

Call Filthy Grief, Pacemaker

Feel like some Dark Coffee?

20. - Top - End - #50
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

((ooc point at Griever, for so blatantly copying Festy's character, even down to the tapping....*supports originality*))

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

21. - Top - End - #51

The blatter of rain beat against my face, a craggy collection of features that even before I'd come to the city had never been what passes for handsome. The end result of shootings, stabbings, torture sessions, and the inevitable grief that came from the loss of the one woman who'd shown interest in me as anything more than a vehicle for slaking her lust for a night; well, let's just say my life hasn't done my homely mug any more favours, eh?

As the stinging droplets broke against my frame, sunk into my clothes and absolutely failed to eliminate the muggy heat that hung in the air like a haze, I mused quietly to myself, visiting the past; an occupation that tended all too readily to lead me to a nice comfortable place inside a bottle, as about the only small miracle in all of this is that somewhere in the cascade of backroom medical work I've undergone, someone performed a bit of medical work - experimental, to be sure, and likely as not half-drunk himself at the time - but whatever they did, it got my legs, so long little more than worthless weight, working again. This, incidentally, was one more reason I was unlikely to be recognized anymore. One does not readily associate my large, looming self with the same coolheaded, younger 'cripple hero' I'd been not just a few years back.

The other memories that dwelled down that road were steeped in sorrow, wreathed in pain, or drowned in ether - and usually some two of those three.

As I passed by one of the rail-lines, I could hear the warning clanging of the gate bells as they dropped to block the way. A sudden chill slid down the back of my neck and the length of my spine. I looked up ... stopped a moment, staring at a ghost in the passenger window. All too soon, the train had come and gone, carrying its cruel phantom away with it.

The dead should stay buried.

Two more stops til the end of the line, and, of course, there's Lucky's down that way. I wonder sometimes how much of the city filters through Lucky's place, like some sort of booze-enabled waiting list before you're sorted out for whatever unpleasant role the city has in mind for you. Also, the rain has gone from merely irritating to downright unpleasant, and the partial shelter of the old brick and mortar buildings would go some distance toward lessening the impect.

Paved blacktop gave way to cobblestones as I entered an older part of the city, where progress hadn't yet coated all the ground between buildings with a layer of all-concealing black tar.

Like the tar, so my mind; after a few winters, the seal is imperfect and memories drift to the surface. A dimly lit table and arguments over fish and rings. Verbal jabs exchanged in the streets. A darkened room, picked out only by flickering candles and a sort of desperate lovemaking, an odd class of tenderness and ferocity. And inevitably, the ringing of the phone. That dreaded inevitable ringing. Answered and a sudden pain and terrible numbness.

I pause a moment, throwing out a hand to catch the nearby lamppost, drawing in deep breaths, waiting for the spasm to subside; waiting for the uncontrolled clenching in my legs and chest to loosen.

And move on...
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

22. - Top - End - #52

((I think I will point at Freashmeat_, hopefully some RP will come later.))

23. - Top - End - #53

BardGuy

Day 1 - Woke up, had a piece of toast for breakfast. First day for almost three months I've managed that without diving under the table when I hear a misfire or some other loud noise outside. They're not after me anymore, the psychiatrist said so...still, best not to tempt fate.

Looking more closely at the toast, I noticed that whole meal bread has lots of little bits in it. Anyone could put poison in there and take me out without an effort. Clearly they've been controlling my mind to buy bread that they can easily camoflage their venoms in. I'm not buying any more wholemeal bread, white for me all the way, its the only way to be sure.

In other news, it looks like that Shishnarfne guy that runs the shop down the road might be a werewolf. I can see through the guys window and he shaves twice a day...something weird about him.

Note to self - Order some wolfs bane and continue vigil.

(In honor of giving me a character idea, I follow your point! For today only.)

It was a grey, gloomy day for running a bookshop. If people weren't out on the streets, they usually didn't come in the front door. But if people were out in the streets and wanted to duck into the shop for a few... Well, if a downpour started then, there was always a decent chance of them picking up a book or three.

Word was that bad things were happening in town again. Hopefully they'd just pass one old bookseller by, without impacting the number of sales.
    "Chess, like love, like music, has the power to make men happy." --Siegbert Tarrasch

24. - Top - End - #54

Quote Originally Posted by SweetLikeLemons View Post
    She passed The Phantom working in his rose garden. "Excuse me sir? Could you tell me the way to some suitable lodgings for a young lady?"
    "I'm sorry, miss. But I don't know where you could find such a place in this town. I haven't been in town long enough."

25. - Top - End - #55

Sitting at Lucky's, head down on the counter, empty glass in had, lies Supagoof. He doesn't raise his head, just wiggles the glass at the bartender when he walks by.

Y'know this isn't much good for you. You used to be someone. Someone the city respected. Now look at you, nothing more then a drunken slob wasting away here.

Monesh schtill *hic* ..schtill good though righ'?

Yeah, you want to keep living this was, go ahead! See if I care. The bartender replies, filling the glass. You'll never get that belt back this way.

Hrrrrm. Supagoof takes a swig, then puts his head down again. As the liquid burns down his throat, his head begins swimming in thoughts of days past. How can the bartender know anything of it. He wasn't the one beat by a little girl. And how do you come back from that? It's not like you can challenge her without looking like a big meanie. Stupid catch 22. There she was, all innocent, and here he is, all washed up. All he can remember is the bright similing face of Mordokai, before the brick knocked him out cold. Perhaps time will find forgiveness for him, but for right now the only thing to quell his tormented soul is more proof - about the 125% proof that comes with the hard stuff.

((I'm coming after that belt Mordokai!))
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

Rannia waked up. Her wounds wouldn't let her rest properly. But she wasn't complaining. It was miracle she was alive anyway. All the bullets hitting her, this could very well end up differently. And for few days, it looked like it will.

She remember that night like it was yesterday. She just beat Supagoof! In a fair fight. Well, it wasn't really fair, per se, but he said she could have that teddy bear himself, right? And when she expected that she'd be thrown out of town for what she did... people actually cheered her. It feeled like she was walking on clouds. Like everything was a dream. And that night, in that locker room, the dreams ended. Jocker's troupe was waiting for her and they weren't there to chat. They let their guns do the talking. And once that was over, they split.

When she woke up, she was laying in a bed, oxygen mask covering her face and needles going into her various veines. Soon enough, a doctor appeared and explained that she somehow managed to survive. It was pretty much a miracle that nobody knew how to explain. He also explained that she would be staying in the hospital for few more days, but if everything turned out ok, she could live soon enough.

That was six years ago and she still remembered it like it was yesterday. Some scars wouldn't heal, no matter how much time passed. So, she got up and dressed herself. She decided she'd be lazy today and went to Lucky's, to get herself some food. Upon her arrival, she almost instantly recognises the man she beat up with that teddy bear six years ago. Reaching into a pocket of her jacket, she pulls out... that very same teddy bear! What it would be doing in there... is anybody's guess. She slowly walks up to Supagoof and puts an arm on his shoulder.

"Supagoof? I... meant to give you this, some time ago. But I never got around to it. Hope you don't begrudge me that night too much. I was young and, well, stupid. I payed quite dearly for that."

((And I'll be waiting for you Goof ))
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

27. - Top - End - #57

Barely raising his head, Supagoof spots the little girl. Only she isn't so little anymore. She had quite indeed grown up. The reconstructive surgery on her face and body seemed to have been worth the money the city spent on it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Which was nice of them, considering it was their floundering about that had caused the crime to run so rampant for such a long time. Anyway, how could he hold a grudge for this long against someone who went from cute to beautiful.

Glancing over and spotting the Teddy Bear, he reached for it.

Oh yeah, that's how.

The bear still had the brick in it. The stain of blood from when it went across the champ's face was also still there. He didn't imagine that it would come out, but why after all these years would she come and share the night of his mis-fortune?

Remembering back to that night, it finally hit him like, well, like the teddy bear brick.

Their misfortune. She hadn't been the champ for all that long, and those thugs came after her. It probably would have been him if he kept the belt, but her getting away with it brought years of pain and rehabilitation into her life.

How could he be angry still with that?

Th..th..thanks kid. He stammers out. Ashamed of how he had let his life wash away, he vowed to become the once again champion this city needed. The champion they deserved.
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post

With a deep breath, he opened the door to the Laundrette. "You open?"
    Albert bolted across the shop. Faerie thought there must be something wrong, until she heard the cries of joy. Uncle Ganurath! It's you!

Ganurath!

She never thought she would see him again. Albert didn't know about Gan's past, only that he had shown an interest in them when they needed support. He had taken the two of them under his wings when their parents died and had helped them make it though tough times. But then he had been run out of town for being a Joker! He made amends with her before leaving and claimed to have changed. Maybe he truly is good this time. Heaven knows we all have changed in the past several years. We've all grown so much and have so much to live for...

Faerie walked up to Ganurath and gave him a timid hug. Welcome back, Gan. How've you been?
    Spoiler
    Show

You love me... you really love me!

Ceikatar by the best Ceika, ever!

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ettin in the Playground

Ganurath smiles at Albert, crouching and handing the kid a baseball signed by the designated hitter of the local team. "I meant to give this to you before I left, but I had to hurry on a business trip of sorts."

He then looked up and smiled at Faerie, rising to meet her hug. "Doing better now that I can walk the streets with... Well, with no more fear than any other John Doe. I was hoping to catch up with you, talk about how things went after I left." There was something in the tone of his voice, something hinting that this wouldn't be a discussion to be had around Albert.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

As the old champ leaves the bar, she sits down. She didn't want to dwell in the past too much. It was the present she wanted to live for and the future she was looking into. Sure, te times were bleak and weren't looking like they were improving, but one had to hold his hopes up, if he wanted to survive.

She actually started to train boxing. She was horrible at it, from the start. Now, she was slowly improving. She was almost getting... good at it. Now she could already stand up to her drill instructor. With drills like this, she would perhaps actually stand a chance on the rematch she knew it was coming. She didn't quite know what she was expecting of it. She didn't hope to win. She just wanted to put up a good show, to pay back at least a little for what she did all those years back. Sure, the citizens may have enjoyed it but she was just slightly ashamed of her actions now and she atended to atone for the by being at her best when the time finally came. But she could still use more practice.

Paying for her breakfast(that she didn't even eat), she once again walks out of the bar and looks up and down the street, spoting the old champ in the distance. She shouts after him.

Champ! I have a preposition for you, if you'll willing to listen to me for a few minutes.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.