New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Mafia VIII Game Thread - Day 3

Quote Originally Posted by androgial View Post
    and mister amplify how do you know im a wolf explain that please it might help you more than you know. because im most definately not a wolf so if you were told that then the one who told you is either a wolf a devil or the fool if they scried me as such.
    ((OOC: Let's just say that "Evidence points to you as a Falcone." and leave it at that. Any more than that today would give too much away

Atreyu *might* be one of the priests, but he's no Falcone of that I'm 99% sure. I'd rather see you lynced since I consider the chance that you're a Falcone is far greater than the chance that Atreyu is one of the priests ))

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Amplify View Post
    ((OOC: Let's just say that "Evidence points to you as a Falcone." and leave it at that. Any more than that today would give too much away

Atreyu *might* be one of the priests, but he's no Falcone of that I'm 99% sure. I'd rather see you lynced since I consider the chance that you're a Falcone is far greater than the chance that Atreyu is one of the priests ))
    So, the Falcone's tried to get me lynched? I'd be flattered if they put forth a decent effort.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    So, the Falcone's tried to get me lynched? I'd be flattered if they put forth a decent effort.
    never!
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by deathslayer7 View Post
    never!
    Wait, what?

5. - Top - End - #215
    Halfling in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I point at androgial.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateCaptain

the falcone's have nothing to do with it and im not a wolf youll find out soon enough
    This is my BRUTE'S MINICITY

7. - Top - End - #217
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by androgial View Post
    go on and lynch me then...not that it matters much i have a feeling i was going to be killed tonight anyway. lynch me i say. you'll be sorry afterwords but once ganurath ridicules someones reasons nothing they say ever changes anyones opinions. or hasnt anyone noticed that. why do you think i hadnt responded to his ridicule. *hangs gone fishing sign on his post* dont matter anyhow enjoy your game.
    ((Yeeah. The whole "You'll be sorry once you lynch me because I'm a role but I won't tell you which because then the person who holds that role will come out to dispute me" thing is the oldest trick in the book, androgial.))

The magician walks down the street. No, that's the wrong word. There's no more repetitive tapping – now a rhythm is being beat out on the pavement.
    Tap tappity tap, t-tap tap
    He's… running? Skipping? Dancing?!?
    The magician makes his way down the street, his head in a haze. These were the times he lived for – doing something that went far beyond the norm, spending time in a world far kinder then usual, dancing his way through life. But despite the euphoria that he would feel, these times were always tinged with the knowledge that soon the dance would have to end, and the real world would come crashing back in.
    Taptap tap tap, tap, tap… tap… tap. Tap. Tap.
    The magician comes to a halt in front of Lucky's. Knocking his cane on the ground three times for luck, he walks inside.
    ((Continued later.))
    Last edited by Uncle Festy; 2008-10-04 at 09:54 PM.
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

8. - Top - End - #218

James heard the magician go by. He walked to his front door and watched the magician dance by, heading towards Lucky's. James has a slightly confused look on his face as he watches. Then he decides to sit at the top of his steps a while, taking a break from moving his furniture.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

9. - Top - End - #219
    Orc in the Playground

Sebastian continues his walk down an alley, observing all forms of movement in the darkness and in the light.

Coming across a finely-dressed man on the sidewalk, looking suspicious as his dress and posture did not fit a man standing on the sidewalk as the sun went down, Sebastian stopped him.

Are you lost?

The man raised an eyebrow at Sebastian and said, gruffly, No. before looking away once more.

Then, you must be a shopkeeper, heading home? Sebastian persisted.

The man gave a look of annoyance to no one in general, it seemed before saying, once more No.

Sebastian stares at the man, a look of stubborn confusion on his face, Then why do you stand here?

Sighing, the man slowly lowers his gaze to meet Sebastian's cold eyes, set about a foot lower than the man's, Because I was born. chuckles the man as he looks back up.

Sebastian's right eye twitches as he raises his voice, Unacceptable. Why are you not anywhere else?

Because I'm here. Came a long, drawn out reply.

Sebastian's patience had splintered as he brought his black cane down onto the pavement in a loud CRACK. Suddenly the clear, glass top lit up for a moment with bright light as the man screamed in pain as he fell to the ground. Un-acceptable, why are you here, right now, right here, in this place. Why do you seek solitude, to waste your years when those that have gone before you and died or moved on would give anything to be able to do all that you can do now, why?

As the man attempted to regain his composure, a door in the alley opened behind Sebastian and a woman stepped out. From her dress it was clear she was no flower-girl, nor a proveyor of fine cheeses nor wine, nor an agent for insurance nor a brilliant marketer. No, no, it was quite clear she was a prostitute.

His cold gaze falling on her, Sebastian's face broke into a scowl as the man laying on the ground jumped up as best he could and lunged for Sebastian.

Sidestepping the man, Sebastian's cane hit the ground again with a similar CRACK, although this one louder than the first, and, judging from the whimpering of the man once again lying on the ground, more painful.

Crouching down next to the man, Sebastian whispered to the man, Are you special?

The man at first did not respond, as he was most likely overcome with pain, a simple nudge from the cane did wonders to his verboseness, however. No, please...

Sebastian nodded and stood up, raising his voice to address the prostrated man and the woman, Go home, now. Live, and find... find meaning, outgrow lust and violence.

With that said, Sebastian tucked his cane under his arm, tapped his top hat towards the woman and walked off.

((Oh, and I don't want to look suspicious if androgial is a villager, so I'm gonna point at Mustiado.))

((And, if anyone is curious, I'm blatantly ripping my character from this guy.))
    "Eins, zwei, drei... Ugh, I do not think we brought enough body bags."
    -TF2 Medic
    1850's TF2 Medic graciously provided by kpenguin

Call Filthy Grief, Pacemaker

Feel like some Dark Coffee?

10. - Top - End - #220

Another priest dead! And I haven't met my master yet. Oh my oh my, what will the great Imhotep do without priests! And I have no clue where he could be... well, back to the hotel, maybe I can buy a Map somewhere and try to track the mummys way.

Point at Androgial
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #221

*points at androgial*
    Spoiler
    Show

Sigatar by Crimmy

12. - Top - End - #222
    Orc in the Playground

Gah! I'm too late to effect anything so I may as well point at Androgial
    Waiting for that day, when we all have the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Kris View Post
    I'll never trust you again. Even if we're on the same team. Even if the narrators tell me to.
    Monkeytar by me!/DYF Avatar by Mr Saturn!

13. - Top - End - #223

BardGuy

"What, not a voting deadline! Better hurry down and put in a quick word about androgial then. Then, back to the store to see if anyone wants to buy books..."
    "Chess, like love, like music, has the power to make men happy." --Siegbert Tarrasch

14. - Top - End - #224

Androgial it is, then, apparently.

TRAF Awards

Spoiler
    Show
    I fought The Mysterious Circle of Shadowy Chairs in Discworld I (Dei in Machina) till the end, won the game and survived and all I got is this lousy signature line.

Thanks Banjo1985 for Count Catula!

15. - Top - End - #225
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shishnarfne View Post
    "What, not a voting deadline! Better hurry down and put in a quick word about androgial then. Then, back to the store to see if anyone wants to buy books..."
    Books? I need some. I lent mine to androgial and he never returned them.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

16. - Top - End - #226
    Dwarf in the Playground

(Correct me if I'm wrong...

Corrected... FF fanboy and Jontom Xire are up for autolynch)
    Last edited by Andre Fairchilde; 2008-10-05 at 03:45 PM.
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

17. - Top - End - #227
    Troll in the Playground

Waking up late, the great detective turns off his alarm clock and dresses, turning the sign on the office to 'open' as he hears the people outside muttering something about the man called Androgial. Curious, he steps out onto the sidewalk to find out more.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

18. - Top - End - #228
    Dwarf in the Playground

((Point at Androgial))

Maisie hurries home, her mood slightly better. Finally an audition had gone well! It was hardly a classy establishment, but it wasn't a strip joint. She wouldn't have to take her clothes off. Of course the dancers in the chorus didn't start with much on to begin with, but she could handle that.

Then, the cries of a boy selling papers bring her back down to earth. The Phantom? Some kind of evil cultist? But he had been so kind to her...
    She buys the paper, and reads it as she walks home, frowning. He killed those people, but he was so kind to me. She shudders. I wonder what he really had in store for me. I knew a job offer so easy was too good to be true.

As she hurries into the boarding house her landlady calls her over, and hands her a letter. How odd, who even knows I'm here? There is no return address. Worried, she rips it open.

Dear miss, though we barely know each other, I would ask one favor of you. In this letter is a sum of 200 dollars. This is most of my life savings. In return for my gift, I want you to take the rose I had with me. Search the city with it, try and find former Mayor Helgraf. After finding him, help him find his love. After that, you will have fulfilled a dead man last wishes. If I'm still alive after this letter reaches you, please return the letter to me. If not, please do what this letter asks.
    Sincerely,

Eric Rose
    Turning pale she quickly tucks the letter and the money into her handbag, out of sight of her landlady's prying eyes, and walks back out the door, and in the direction of Lucky's. This, too, requires a drink to think through properly.
    Many thanks to Castaras for the avatar!

19. - Top - End - #229

Quote Originally Posted by Andre Fairchilde View Post
    (Correct me if I'm wrong... FF fanboy is up for autolynch)
    Well... if you're correct than I know a little bit more now
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #230
    Dwarf in the Playground

(Correct me if I'm wrong...

Corrected... FF fanboy and Jontom Xire are up for autolynch)

Correction made...
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

21. - Top - End - #231
    Dwarf in the Playground

Day ends, update coming.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Dwarf in the Playground

Day 3 Ends

Scene – Same day The Toronto Docks, morning

A dozen day laborers are taking crates off the cargo ship using a crane.

As they remove the crates, one of the crates crashes into the side of the ship cracking the wooden panels on the side. The workers lower the crate to the dock to inspect the damage and call over their shift supervisor. Someone is probably getting docked pay for this….

Upon closer inspection the workers see that a hand has tumbled out of the container…

"There’s a dead body in here!"

The police are called, and the container opened…

Spoiler
    Show
    Jontom Xire was abducted (killed) placed into a box and shipped to Toronto. Jontom Xire was a Citizen.

Scene – The City – The Bank

“The Bank has been robbed! There’s a fire and everything!”

A crowd mobs the firemen, some of the citizens try to run into the bank to “help” the firemen by taking money out of the bank. One of the citizens trips on some waterlogged steps, disoriented in the smoke and steam, and knocks himself out of the game. Then the burning wall falls on him.

Spoiler
    Show
    FF Fanboy has knocked himself unconscious for the rest of the game. (Autolynched) FF Fanboy was a Citizen.

Scene – The City - Henry Smythe’s home

Following up on the newest leads after the slaughter of the terrible scriptwriters and the murder of the latest security guard, clues have lead to the home of one Henry Smythe.

Andre walked up to the residence in question to apprehend the suspect to find him standing out side luggage waiting to be loaded.

“Can't say I didnt expect this Agent Fairchilde. At least i can take this bloody mask off. Bothersome thing posing as this Henry Smythe fellow.”

He takes off the lifelike rubber mask hiding his identity.

“Jonathan Carnahan at your service. Don’t bother here’s my passport, I’m going home if you don’t mind as I’ve lost my sister already. Bloody hindering mummies. I’d take it as a family favor if you dispose of these creatures what what.”

The cab pulled up and loaded the luggage.

Spoiler
    Show
    Androgial has left town (was lynched). He was Jonathan Carnahan the Sibling Brother.

There was not a lot that Agent Fairchilde could do, so he stood idly by while the cab was loaded and he waved as Jonathan Carnahan left… until he saw another person also got into the cab from the other side. Jonathan tried to get out of the cab, but the other person pulled a gun and stuck it into Jonathan’s face….

As the cab pulls away...
    “Hello Jonathan. We’ve been looking for you. Where’s our money? You have six bullets… er… minutes to give the right answers….”

Night 3 Begins now
    Night 3 ends in 24 hours
    Last edited by Andre Fairchilde; 2008-10-05 at 08:37 PM.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

Um... Sibling Brother, good guy or bad guy?

24. - Top - End - #234
    Halfling in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Mafia VIII Game Thread - Night 3

Sibling - Brother – Jonathan Carnahan – The siblings know each other at the start of the game. Jonathan is wanted by the Falcone mob to settle a gambling debt. If Jonathan is killed by the Falcone mob, lynched, or autolynched the Falcone mob receive a one time free scry.
    Good guy I guess. Looks like the mafia have an extra free scry
    Check out past werewolf games at the Unofficial GiantITP werewolf archive
    Also wasting too much time playing Evony right now.
    I don't wanna be a llama or a duck or a wabbit.
    I wanna be a POODLE!

25. - Top - End - #235

Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Well... if you're correct than I know a little bit more now
    Huh. I guess we did.
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Pixie in the Playground

((Hah. I was just watching today laughing. The poor siblings didn't get to do anything at all.))

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ettin in the Playground

...Well, this complicates things in a most horrible way.

28. - Top - End - #238

PirateCaptain

told ya so
    This is my BRUTE'S MINICITY

29. - Top - End - #239

Night into day and day into night. As I came around the corner, I noticed the door to the ground flat was hanging open. None of my damn business, to be sure.

I told myself that again as I turned around and headed down the refuse-littered metal staircase. I reminded myself quite sternly of the fact as I rounded the first corner of the building, the only sounds in the night being those of a lone cricket and the wail of the near everpresent wind.

Another corner. The door swung limply, the wind cut by the building itself, so that it did little more than made the heavy wood sway slightly back and forth. I approached warily, and my left hand went down to pull a piece - a small, ugly thing, barely bigger than a pepperbox; it snugged in my hand and would be almost invisible to anyone watching.

Step to the door; peer through the joint slit. No light, except for the silhouette formed by streetlight falling through the doorway. A quick step across, hand out, piece resting on a finger.

I really should just turn around now, and walk away. It would be the sensible thing, the safe thing to do. But a part of me I've tried hard to bury insisted that I go further. There might be someone in need of help.

"Yeah, probably me," I muttered to myself derisively as I stepped across the threshold. There was a faint crumpling noise, then something I could barely register flashed across my field of vision. I threw myself against the wall, piece out, pulse roaring a moment before the calm took over. Adrenaline redirected.

Then I heard it. The almost inaudible sound of motion in the room proper. I crouched low, turned the corner ...

... whereupon the cat licked my nose. Damn near shot it before I realized what had happened. Definitely a stray, by the look of it. I could see in the 'kitchenette' that adjoined the main living and sleeping area two empty or nearly empty paper grocery bags.

The place wasn't exactly what one would call clean and neat, but I could tell whomever lived here had taken steps to try and fix the worst abuses. I reached out absently to scritch the cat's head and neck. Still wary, but the place seemed deserted. I wondered what sort of person lived here. A slight sweep turned up a key, presumably for the lock and bar. Not a lot to identify the owner, though my gut was telling me it was probably a woman. I wasn't about to poke through the two cardboard boxes in one corner to try and find out for certain though.

Something about the room layout, though, set my mind to running. There was a definite pattern here, and what's more, it was one that felt familiar to me.

But no real time to ponder it now. I took out a scrap of paper, put a number on it, then thumbtacked it to the outer door. A scoop of one of my ham-hands caught the cat, perhaps a bit less gracefully than I would have liked, and held the stray close. Claws lashed, but did little to my skin beneath the layered outfit I wore. I closed the door; a hollow thud, then inserted the key and engaged the lock and bar, then took it with me. At least nobody would rob the place while whomever lived there was out.

"Looks like it's just you and me, puss," I murmured to the furball half-couched, half-held between my arm and torso.
    Last edited by Helgraf; 2008-10-06 at 12:08 AM.
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Troll in the Playground

Once more as day turns to night, Patrick O'Connell closes up his shop, spends a few minutes changing clothes, and then sets out onto the streets as...The Shadow. Exchanging the role of a dashing detective that he plays by day for that of a masked crimefighter who wields the power to cloud the minds of men so that they cannot see him. Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men, and fights it with his reputation, with his fists, and with his pair of pearl-handled revolvers...

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items