New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Gestalt Arena Match 25

A towering figure in a dark robe enters the room where you have been milling around sizing up the competition. His face is completely obscured by his hood. He raises both hands to get your attention and speaks in a deep voice.
    Hettar, Alya Montane. He pauses for you to identify yourselves.
    You have been chosen to be the first. Prepare yourselves!
    With that he brings his hands down and the two of you find yourself transported to the arena

OOC:
    You've got time for one swift action and one standard action before you get transported in case you need to adopt a stance or activate an item.

On the map, green is open terrain, yellow is difficult terrain, red/brown is the cliffs

Opening post should have an initiative roll, anything you said after he called your name and what, if anything you did with the 'surprise round' before being transported. After that, start fighting in initiative order.

Hettar
    Spoiler
    Show
    You start at I5

Alya Montane
    Spoiler
    Show
    You start at AK39
    Homebrew
    Current Project (A sequel to Tome of Battle)
    Past Projects, some of which I may come back to
    Spoiler
    Show
    Baldric Sea Campaign Setting (work in progress)
    later version of the Sea Dog base class from it

2. - Top - End - #2
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Gestalt Arena Match 25

After hearing her name called, Alya exclaims: "Ah, another fight! Maybe this one will last for more than 20 seconds!"

With that, Alya once again assumes the form of a huge cactus and unleashes the beasts within!

Initiative:
    (1d20+11)[20]

Preparations:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Standard Action: Wildshape into Sanguaro Sentinel
    Swift Action: Initiate Devotion
    Free Action: Rage
    Free Action: Feral Trance
    Free Action: Cloak
    Always On: Flame's Blessing

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    In her present shape, Alya is a 15' tall humanoid cactus-like creature. Visible equipment includes a Crown of some sort, a Necklace, a Belt, a Cloak, Boots and a Robe. The towering figure radiates strength and confidence, with extremely focused eyes piercing an observer's mind. She stands in a martial artist's stance.

EDIT: I'll need to know your creature type for Knowledge Devotion and Favored Enemy.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2008-09-27 at 09:06 AM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    EDIT: I'll need to know your creature type for Knowledge Devotion and Favored Enemy.
    OOC So do I, Hettar is a Humanoid (Elf).

Hettar replies, "I hope not, if I wish to survive."

Standard Action: activate cloak for invisibility, 2 charges, 3 rounds for both me and the bat.

Init: take best of both (1d20+19)[22] (1d20+19)[27]

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

OOC How do you keep your Items in wild shape?

Hettar mounts his bat (free action), and the bat "runs" to 10 ft above S22 If he sees his opponent (which he does), the bat continues on to AF 38. free action to dismount and activate boots of speed. after full attacking, he activates Belt of battle (swift action) and makes another full attack action.
    (1d20+31)[42] damage: (1d8+15)[18]+(10d6)[40]
    (1d20+31)[40] damage: (1d8+15)[19]+(10d6)[46]
    (1d20+31)[41] damage: (1d8+15)[16]+(10d6)[32]
    (1d20+31)[32] damage: (1d8+15)[21]+(10d6)[33] edit: I hate natural ones.
    (1d20+31)[50] damage: (1d8+15)[17]+(10d6)[36]
    (1d20+31)[34] damage: (1d8+15)[19]+(10d6)[26]
    (1d20+26)[42] damage: (1d8+15)[16]+(10d6)[40]
    (1d20+26)[40] damage: (1d8+15)[22]+(10d6)[30]
    (1d20+21)[29] damage: (1d8+15)[22]+(10d6)[45]
    (1d20+21)[32] damage: (1d8+15)[17]+(10d6)[36]

aditional 2 to attack if you can't see invisibility, and you loose your dex to AC. if you are mh, ooze, construct, undead, elemental, +4 damage per attack.
    Last edited by Charlie Kemek; 2008-09-27 at 10:29 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5

OOC: Wilding Clasps. So far, one of those seems to be a hit. It still has a 50% miss chance though.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    OOC: Wilding Clasps. So far, one of those seems to be a hit. It still has a 50% miss chance though.
    why? My longbow is a seeking longbow.

7. - Top - End - #7

OOC: I'm not entirely sure how Displacement and Seeking interact. On one hand, Displacement says it's "like total concealment", which Seeking ignores, but on the other hand, Seeking states that the arrow must still be aimed at the correct square while Displacement relocates, and Displacement stipulates you need True Seeing to locate the creature. Let's assume it hits - it seems about as reasonable an interpretion as the opposite. I'll take 17 points of Bow-damage, but I've got Plant-immunities so I'm immune to Skirmish (unless you have means to overcome the immunity of a Humanoid (Human) with Plant-immunities).

Knowledge Devotion (with Collector of Stories): (1d20+26)[35]

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

seeking ignores ALL miss chance. how high is your AC?

9. - Top - End - #9

OOC: Over 50. Flat-footed + invisibility gets you one hit (the roll of 50). You can check out my sheet after the fight. I assume it's my turn since you spent full-round action and swift action?

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Yes it's your turn. just to make it easy for you, my AC now is 41

11. - Top - End - #11

"Arrows?!", Alya roars, "I hate arrows!"

With that, she explodes at Hettar.

Free Action: Activate Boots of Speed
    Swift Action: Dual Stance into Hearing the Air + Flame's Blessing
    Full-Round Action: Bounding Assault, move to AE35-AG37 (Huge) and Pounce on Hettar

Primary Unarmed Strikes:
    (1d20+43)[49] for (4d8+27)[44] Miss (take better): (1d100)[53] (1d100)[30]
    (1d20+43)[61] for (4d8+27)[50] Miss (take better): (1d100)[32] (1d100)[35]
    (1d20+38)[49] for (4d8+27)[46] Miss (take better): (1d100)[9] (1d100)[87]
    (1d20+33)[46] for (4d8+27)[46] Miss (take better): (1d100)[96] (1d100)[91]

Secondary Natural Attacks:
    Slam: (1d20+33)[52] for (2d6+24)[34] Miss (take better): (1d100)[81] (1d100)[68]
    Slam: (1d20+33)[53] for (2d6+24)[34] Miss (take better): (1d100)[90] (1d100)[70]
    Bite: (1d20+33)[41] for (1d6+24)[28] Miss (take better): (1d100)[5] (1d100)[47]

12. - Top - End - #12

Rerolling second miss chance with Luck-domain's granted power: (1d100)[28]

Critical Threat: (1d20+33)[52]

EDIT: Unarmed Strikes 1, 3, 4 and both slams hit. The second Slam is a Critical (x2). The damage total is 238.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2008-09-27 at 11:35 AM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

that kills me, I believe.

where are those Wild clasps?

Edit: found them, never mind. can you PM me your sheet?
    Last edited by Charlie Kemek; 2008-09-27 at 11:40 AM.

14. - Top - End - #14

OOC: Very well.

With Hettar whisked out of the arena, Alya assumes her normal Humanoid shape and sighs: "6 seconds... People really should be made of something tougher. I was just getting started!"

15. - Top - End - #15

Wilding Clasps are on Magic Item Compendium pg. 190. 4000gp and attached to an item, basically make me able to keep items even when Wildshaped.

EDIT: Done.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2008-09-27 at 11:41 AM.