New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Band width issue

I have notice that lately how popular OOTS has become. I am very glad that this site/message board has become so popular and i frequently refer people to check out the comics. There has become a problem through with this poplularity and that is that frequently I am having trouble getting on the site or when trying to post getting an error message. This gets rather annoining when I'm trying to post and write out a long discription and then find out that the site timed out and i lost my post. I know that this is not a problem from my end because i have used different computers at different ISPs (work, home, friends house) and had the same problem. Also i noticed a similar thread about error messages and my players in my pbp campaign have been complaining about the site. I was wondering if this problem is being looked into and if there is a plan to fix it.
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Band width issue

I'd like to second this, it's definitely a problem and I wonder if there's anything to be done. I'm already trying to lay off the silly message board games and everything but PbP on days when it seems like the server's struggling. I doubt it helps a whole lot, but it does save me some personal aggravation. 8^ )

Also, I wanted to give a suggestion to you, Wyvern, and really anyone else having this problem, at least til things get cleared up on the boards. Why not type up your long replies in a word processing program and cut and paste them to the thread? That way you don't lose a lot of work if you are playing in the PbP games. I know it's a pain to switch back and forth like that, but it works for me sometimes when I know I've got a long post and the server (or just as often, my bad dialup connection) is being unreliable.
    "Science has not yet taught us if madness is or is not the sublimity of the intelligence." -- Edgar Allan Poe

~~
    Depending on which avvy I'm using:
    Erin Avatar (aiming gun in chainmail) by Annex.
    Veronica Avatar (goth chick psion) by Gorbash Kazdar.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground
    Default Re: Band width issue

Yeah, whenever I have a long post, I usually copy all of my text so that I could paste it in case the server fails. But so far I haven't actually had to repost anything. For me, the site only fluctuates, lagging sometimes, but it's gotten better now.

Well for starters you could donate! ;D