New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: D&D 3.5 game. High fantasy for your escapist enjoyment. [IC Thread]

Dorian [Round 1 (of 6) for Haste] [38/38 hit points] [AC:16]

Dorian waves his arms and chants, pulling something from a pouch at his belt before tossing it into the air. As he finishes, everyone (in the group that is) feels accellerated.

Spoiler
    Show
    cast Haste upon Arnulf, Kosan, Myself, Kal & Lori
    Last edited by Wiz; 2008-10-11 at 11:23 AM.
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Nex AC-18, HP-29

Nex assumes his firing stance, taking only a moment to aim and fire at the armored Lemaar.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack Roll: (1d20+9)[17]
    If successful: (1d6+1)[3] + (2d6)[4][2](6)

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

As Arnulf and Nex's arrow fly past him Lemaar twists his arm and slices straight into Lori's side leaving a severe wound.

Kal:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You notice that he appeared to be holding back. He has every intention of injuring you, but doesn't seem to want to kill you.

(OOC: Lori takes 11 points of damage)
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kal Neran AC 19=18+1 (Haste), HP 26

"Cease! I do not wish to harm you!" cries Kal as he leaps into the air and spins, striking at the knight once with a kick and twice with his fists, but aiming only for points on the body where he will not inflict fatal wounds.

Spoiler
    Show

Using Flurry of Blows: One extra attack, -1 to all attacks this round.
    Under Effect of Haste: One extra attack when using full-round attack action, +1 to attacks.
    Using Unarmed Strike and dealing Nonlethal damage.

Attack 1:
    Attack: (1d20+5)[10]
    Damage: [roll]1d8+1d6+2[/roll] Nonlethal

Attack 2:
    Attack: (1d20+5)[23]

Attack 3:
    Attack: (1d20+5)[17]

5. - Top - End - #35

Spoiler
    Show

OOC: Because I apparently broke the PbP roll engine:
    Damage: (1d8)[6]
    +(1d6)[3]
    +2
    = 11 points Nonlethal damage

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Nex, AC-19, HP-29

The goblin sneered as his first shot flies well past its intended target. He shuffled a few feet closer toward Lemaar and drew three arrows from his quiver. No holding back this time.

He fired all three arrows in rapid succession at Lemaar.

Spoiler
    Show
    Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot and Haste
    Attack 1:
    Attack Roll: (1d20+9)[13]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[3] + (2d6)[4][3](7)
    Attack 2:
    Attack Roll: (1d20+9)[24]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[7] + (2d6)[6][3](9)
    Attack 3:
    Attack Roll: (1d20+9)[11]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[7] + (2d6)[2][2](4)

OOC:
    I actually forgot I had Point Blank Shot last round. Ah well. Remembered it this time.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

Lori HP: 11/22, AC: 21 (including +1 from Haste)

Lori regains her composure after the blow. She jaunts 5 feet to her left, and lets off 3 quick shots from her longbow (+1 PBS, +1 Haste)
    (1d20+13)[29], (1d8+3)[8]
    (1d20+13)[26], (1d8+3)[9]
    (1d20+13)[14], (1d8+3)[7]

OOC: Did I really roll 1 twice out of 4 tries? Also, I miss 3.0 Haste.
    Last edited by Tortoise262; 2008-10-09 at 08:33 PM.
    For a sleek and simple battle grid for PbP, check out EZ PbP! You can edit the terrain, and have your players update their own coordinates on the map! PM me with comments or questions!

Shyguy taken from Yoshi's Island. Sword and shield from LttP. Both are ©Nintendo

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Apparently Kal is not used to his new speed because only one of his attacks made contact.

Lori however succeeded with two, the gash in her side focusing her mind.

However Lemaar is apparently far from defeated and he once again levels his glaive at the group.

Round 2. (I'll put the results of Nex's second attack in my next post)
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

Dorian [Round 2 (of 6) for Haste] [38/38 hit points] [AC:16]

The gaunt man casts another spell, gesturing and speaking arcane words.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cast Mirror Image (creates (1d4+2)[4] images with an AC: 12)

Suddenly there are five of Dorian, blurring and shifting between them, making it hard to make out which is the real mage.
    Last edited by Wiz; 2008-10-11 at 11:22 AM.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

10. - Top - End - #40
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: I forgot to add one to my damage rolls for point blank >_<
    For a sleek and simple battle grid for PbP, check out EZ PbP! You can edit the terrain, and have your players update their own coordinates on the map! PM me with comments or questions!

Shyguy taken from Yoshi's Island. Sword and shield from LttP. Both are ©Nintendo

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Arnulf AC 24 HP 28 Init 24
    Arnulf launches himself from the tree branches and makes another run at Lemaar.
    Spoiler
    Show

non-lethal damage attempt again
    TalonAtk1 - (1d20+3)[15]
    TalonDmg1 - (1d4+1)[5] plus sneak - (1d6)[4]
    TalonAtk2 - (1d20+3)[21]
    TalonDmg2 - (1d4+1)[3] plus sneak - (1d6)[2]
    Last edited by J-H; 2008-10-10 at 06:24 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42

Kal Neran AC 19, HP 26

Spoiler
    Show

Using Flurry of Blows, Under effects of Haste, Nonlethal damage. First two attacks unarmed strikes, third attack a disarm attempt.

Attack 1: Unarmed Strike
    Attack: (1d20+5)[18]
    Damage: (1d8+2)[4]+(1d6)[2] Nonlethal

Attack 2: Unarmed Strike
    Attack: (1d20+5)[11]
    Damage: (1d8+2)[10]+(1d6)[1] Nonlethal

Attack 3: Disarm Attempt
    Attack: (1d20+1)[19]

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Once again Arnulf launched himself just wide of the knight, his talon scraping across the mans armoured shoulder.

Nex was apparently surprised by the multitude of Dorians that formed from thin air, as two of his arrows span off from their target, one of which almost hit his flying ally.

Lemaar is not distracted by these events though, and with the precision only gained from years of practice stepped backwards just far enough for his glaive to be useful against the man who had just hit him, and with deadly accuracy stabbed him in the lower torso, before following up with a lethal slice to the chest that knocked the monk off his feet.

Kal however was not without determination and instantly jumped back to his feet and attempted to disarm the man who had harmed him. Unfortunately Lemaar had seen this coming and swung his blade at the monk and with a blow that nearly cleaved his arm off, dropped the man to the floor.

As he did the Elven woman loosed another volley towards him, and though his armour repelled one arrow, the other two found gaps to sneak through.

Looking at the fallen monk Lemaar spoke aloud to the group as he pulled out Lori's arrows, "It seems that I was right, my lord thought he had called great warriors to his aid, but all I see are children who want to play hero".
    Seeing the anger on the faces of those before him Lemaar smiled before once again levelling his glaive.

(OOC: Since I don't see a post I assumed Lori would duplicate her previous action.
    I don't think Kal has Improves Disarm, so I was allowed an AoO during the disarm. Three successful strikes drops Kal to -2HP, but assume he is stable already.)

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

Dorian [Round 3 (of 6) for Haste] [38/38 hit points] [AC:16] [4 images, AC:12]

The multiple images of the gaunt wizard all reach to their beltpouch and pull forth something while they step backward, making arcane gestures at the ground under the warrior, and muttering another spell.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cast Grease at the 10' section of ground centered on Lemaar.
    Last edited by Wiz; 2008-10-11 at 11:25 AM.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground

(OOC: Sorry I was waiting for Lemaar to go to see if Lori would be attacked again. Lori will take a 5-foot step away from Lemaar in rounds 2 and 3, provided she remains within 30 feet. I don't know if you rolled for me in round 2, but in case not...)

Lori
    HP: 11/22, AC: 21

ROUND 2
    (1d20+13)[14], (1d8+4)[12]
    (1d20+13)[16], (1d8+4)[5]
    (1d20+13)[23], (1d8+4)[5]

ROUND 3
    (1d20+13)[29], (1d8+4)[12]
    (1d20+13)[23], (1d8+4)[12]
    (1d20+13)[28], (1d8+4)[11]

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Arnulf
    Arnulf stops holding back, seeing that Lemaar won't.

Spoiler
    Show
    same again
    +1 to AB from haste
    Attk1 - (1d20+8)[16]Dmg1 - (1d4+1)[3]Sneak1 - (1d6)[1]
    Attk2 - (1d20+8)[26]Dmg2 - (1d4+1)[5]Sneak2 - (1d6)[1]
    Last edited by J-H; 2008-10-11 at 11:46 AM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Nex AC-19, HP-29

Nex shook his head and grit his teeth. Too many distractions and he was still frazzled by the woods. He took another three arrows from his quiver and fired.

Spoiler
    Show
    Round 3:
    Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot, Haste
    Attack 1: (1d20+9)[14], (1d6+2)[4] + (2d6)[4][6](10)
    Attack 2: (1d20+9)[21], (1d6+2)[6] + (2d6)[3][6](9)
    Attack 3: (1d20+9)[15], (1d6+2)[6] + (2d6)[6][3](9)

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

Once again the Goblin's aim seemed affected as only one of his arrows struck true, it was enough though to leech a small grunt of pain from armoured man.

Dorians next spell made Lemaar's mind race. He knew the spell, and knew he could avoid it but it was a risk. If he lost his balance he would be a sitting duck. Fortunately fate intervened in the form of Arnulf.

His latest attack run looked the same as his previous ones. Until Lemaar noticed that, unlike last time his talons were raised instead of down. He was going for a lethal strike. "So, finally decided to fight back. Good, now I won't feel so guilty about this". With one fluid action, and without moving his legs even a bit he released his glaive and drew instead a silver longsword from his waist and proceeded to slash at the eagle man as he came across.

The two deep slashes into his feathered flesh were worth the one he got in return from that talon. But Lemaar was not done. Seeing the Elf about to unleash another volley he turned his body again. Now that he was no longer holding his heavy glaive he threw his arms out straight, raised his palms to a 90 degree angle, and with an almost inaudible 'click' a bolt was released from a secret compartment in each of his armguards that flew with deadly accuracy straight into Arnuf's gut and Lori's chest.

From the outside the Elf looked alright. She had released her arrows and they had all landed, the momentum of the strike knocked Lemaar off his feet, but a quick commando roll later and he was back up and outside of the grease spells area. However he was quite badly injured, all three arows penetrating the gaps in his armour. But a split second later both she and Arnulf fell to the floor unconscious. Lemaar did not like using those arrows, they were designed to collapse once they pierce their target, shredding their insides. But considering the impressive array of wounds he had just collected, he deemed it a worthy use.

(OOC: Lori and Arnulf are down, again assume stable. In case anyone wants to know the armguards are a friend's homebrew of a varient on the hand crossbow, and the arrows are designed after dumdum bullets.
    And as for Arnulf I had decided that Lemaar's armour and weapons would be silver before I found out about his Damage Reduction. That was just a happy coincidence.)

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

Dorian

Dorian's gaunt features register angry for the first time, "You've been a complete moron, and now you're harming those who have been summoned here to do some good... enough!" He gestures and a black sphere of acid flies from his fingertips toward Lemaar.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hurl an Acidic Splatter at Lemaar. To hit: (1d20+4)[21], Damage: (3d6)[16].
    Last edited by Wiz; 2008-10-13 at 02:11 AM.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Nex AC 19, HP 29

Nex takes exhales and inhales slowly, trying to calm his nerves. He drew two arrows from his quiver and tried to find a sort of 'zen' state in which to fire.

Spoiler
    Show
    Round 4:

Point Blank Shot, Haste
    Attack 1: (1d20+11)[18], (1d6+2)[6] + (2d6)[1][2](3)
    Attack 2: (1d20+11)[30], (1d6+2)[8] + (2d6)[1][1](2)