New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Unknown World - Adventuring!

((The vespids weren't carrying anything, but you can have 101 XP each.))
    I write a gaming blog. It also hosts my gaming downloads:

Fatescape - FATE-based D&D emulator, for when you want D&D flavour but not D&D complexity.
    Exalted Mass Combat Rules - Because the ones in the core book suck.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ettin in the Playground

After a short rest while Thieran caught his breath, he sprang up as fresh as ever and waved his companions on. Even though he still clutched his arm tight to his body, he strode along ahead watching for more of these... vespiform.

Can I communicate with them, he wondered. Truly, that fracas below might have been a simple accident on both sides. Even if Trading Tongue didn't work, Asuran might.

Wait. Hadn't there been a mention of "wasps of the south" in the Adameg chan Derek's Deithiau? Only a line, but this might be an actual culture of vespiform creatures. Now he just needed to be able to communicate with them.

Wait! That... that mental link! It was used as a weapon by the vespiform that attacked us, but it just might allow one strong of will to pass along information. It just might work - now to show them that we're friendly. Really.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Troll in the Playground

Darion slides off his rock perch and produces his recently acquired heavy key.

"The man from before mentioned a sally port hidden off in the bushes along that side of the castle" he gestures that direction. "Then he gave me this...it shouldn't be well guarded."
    I apologize for drawing CockroachTeaParty as a winged centaur.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

Lukas

"Then let's head that way and see what we can learn once we are inside the caste"

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

You cover the remaining ground before the castle quickly, conscious both of the pouring rain and the possibility that the escaped vespid might return with reinforcements. Despite the occasional glimpse of movement through an arrow slit or among the architectural chaos at the top of the castle, nothing comes out to sting you some more.

The sally port is well-hidden and somewhat overgrown; it doesn't look like anyone's used this doorway in a while. The door is heavy wood reinforced with metal bands, and is swollen and stiff on its hinges. With Darion's key and a little effort you shove your way inside.

The door leads directly into a guard post. Dust on the table and chairs, and on the racks of weapons that line the walls, suggests that this place has not been used in some weeks. The room has two doors other than the one you entered by. Gentle testing reveals the one opposite the sally port to be locked but the other could be opened easily.
    Last edited by potatocubed; 2008-10-24 at 06:40 AM.

Fatescape - FATE-based D&D emulator, for when you want D&D flavour but not D&D complexity.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show

probbly able to update about once a day til my laptop arrives, but back at least
    Fox
    25 years of tabletops and cheetos
    Avid Roleplayer/Loquacious Dungeonmaster

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ettin in the Playground

Thieran opens the unlocked door and moves inside, rapier in hand.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception check: (d20-1)[11]
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

8. - Top - End - #128

BlackDragon

Lukas

Once again shortening up his grip on the glaive, Lukas follows Therian into the sally port, keeping his eye out for danger.

Spoiler
    Show

Perception: (1d20+5)[17](22)

9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground

Larus follows a bit behind his companions, thoughts flowing through his head like a flooded stream, and he's not exactly paying attention to much, so no Perception check. He adjusts the brim of his hat, bringing it down so that his eyes are barely peaking out from under the headgear.
    Quote Originally Posted by YPU View Post
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

Advancing through the unlocked door reveals what used to be a barracks until it was comprehensively demolished by some sort of struggle. Bunks and weapon racks are overturned, furniture is splintered and strewn around the room as if some giant had just picked it up and shaken it. Copious bloodstains on the walls and floor show that people fought and died here, but no bodies remain.

Another door, this one hanging open and cracked as if by some massive impact, leads out of the room and into an unlit corridor beyond. In the opposite corner of the room is a large (10 ft x 10 ft) double trapdoor. A clear trail through the debris and the blood shows that something or somethings regularly travel between the open door and the trapdoor.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ettin in the Playground

Thieran turns to Lukas.

"Check the trapdoor, I'll check the corridor."
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #132

BlackDragon

Lukas

Lukas nods in agreement and heads over to the trapdoor. He keeps his weapon ready, a little leery of whatever was responsible for the obvious signs of fighting and death.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ettin in the Playground

Thieran pulls a small lantern out of his bandolier and lights it, peering down the deserted hallway to see if there are any enemies.

OOC: C'mon, Potato.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show