New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: I can't log out

1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default I can't log out

Hey all,

I am having a board issue and I don't know if anyone else is having this same one or not. If I even dare log out of the messageboards, I am not able to sign back in unless I try to re-register as Snowelf and get the error message that "This user name already exists."
    Then I can attempt to log back in and it lets me with no problem. Has anyone else had this problem. I read the majority of the posts on here and I could not find anything, but maybe I missed it?
    It's not really a problem for me so much as it doesn't bother me to be logged in all the time, but I worry that it's taking up someone else's space or something when I really don't need to. (Plus it makes it confusing for the people I pbp with...is she there...is she not there...)

Thanks!!
    --Snowelf

p.s. I have IE and I don't think that should make much difference, really, but just fyi.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Default Re: I can't log out

what happens when you try to sign back in? Do you get an error message?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

Yes, I get an error message that says something similiar to "User name does not exist". So then I just tried to register again, and that is when I get the "user name already exists" message, then I can click on log in, and it lets me right in ? ??? I've done it twice and then i just never logged out again since then.

Thanks!

4. - Top - End - #4

usernames on YaBB are case sensitive...are you sue yo're using a capital S when you type in your username?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

Yep, I am. I tried it all sorts of ways...(I know, isn't this annoying!!)

6. - Top - End - #6

I've never heard of this bug and I log in and out of the message boards all the time...I wonder if anyone else is experiencing it?

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

If this information is relavent, Snowelf is listed as offline at the moment. Just trying to help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus View Post
    However, the general consensus about the best way to stop a monster from attacking is to kill it. In the case of undead, we recommend killing it again.
    2 useful principles for keeping roleplaying games fun.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

No prob Winged One, that's good to know... And yea, it's weird....maybe when I close my browser it logs me out on its own?? I don't know?? That is why I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem, too. Oh well, no biggie...but at least there is a thread now if anyone else does! :) Thanks for the help!!