New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A World of Gods

1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Default Re: A World of Gods

Golodi beheld the newcomer, and said, Intresting... you there, new guy! Arthropos! Very intresting... you know, insectoids make the best clockwork templates, I think it's the exoskeleton, it just fits. You, on the other hand, have a most intresting design. Thousands of tiny parts working together, a hive body. I must go and apply this to my studies. A new maxim; Take lessons and inspiration from the world around us, yes.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Orc in the Playground

Aleya thought him Uberly boring. he was miles away from any water. she ignored him.
    Politics is the most accurate word in the English language. "Poli" in Latin meaning "Many" and
    "tics" meaning "little insects"

3. - Top - End - #63
    Orc in the Playground

Bordum pauses in his paperwork, to fill out a psychic transmission form.

Athropos,

There is something to be said for the organization of the insect world. The perfectly orchestrated movements of the Hive. If only all races showed such a predilection for order. Alas, it is not so, but one can dream. If you need any assistance in spreading the the good work, you need not hesitate to fill out a requisition form.

Yours Truly,

Bordum

4. - Top - End - #64
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

Obi answered alleya to her question of hello..with " hello"...and waited.

To anthropos he said nothing...a bug man thing...ewwwwww, hope i don't have to meet him...he shuddered at the thought...

But...he had bigger problems for now...that raven of a god had sent him a weird message indeed...don't hold what against him? He is the god of death, meaning he is death, thus he brings death...he can't kill me...it was weird the first thing he thought of was his unborn child...weeeellll i'm a god aren't I? Ok he's gonna be born today!!

He went to his draconic mate and said:

Congratulations darling, today we had a baby!!
    When she asked when they had a baby he said:

Oh yeah, forgot about that! You'll have a baby in a few seconds He concentrated. Filomina's belly swelled up, an egg fell out and within seconds the egg hatched to reveal a beautiful baby dragon/human ugly thing (he thought...is that what they're supposed to look like?). What amazed him when he looked in the egg was the black top hat, the bowtie and....a black cane(?)

You know what...that's a good idea, never thought of a cane...it has a certain...hmm style! I LIIIIIIIIKE IT! truly a beautiful father - son relationship would grow...he had found his champion!

He materialised a cane for himself, took the baby and it's things and instantly teleported away. He made a small plane for himself and the child, went in, sealed the entrance so only he could open it again from the inside...on a second thought he made a second last a year. It was about 25 seconds later that two men, dressed smartly in black fitted suits, black top hats with a white ribbon, bowties and a black cane emerged in a bustling city. Having taught Rabban (that's the name he gave him) many things from his own experience...which was mainly jokes...he went on to teach him about life, they spent several hours learning the pleasures of alcohol!! It's about quality time!! Soon he would go to the orcs and make them his chosen race...he had thought a lot about it and 25 years is a lot of time to think!! Soon he said but for now he said:

Me finks we ad enuffff aperertiffs...on with the drinkthss my good woman...ohhh (he said squinting) i meant man...

He could clear the alcohol from his bodies with as much as a thought, but decided against it when his son said:

Oh fazza dis is good, i likes zis plaaathee...what's it called againnn?

itths a bar thon, a baaarrr...humanth comes here to drink...drink today, we have businethh to do tomorrow.

Their stupor held for a week, going from bar to bar, from inn to inn, drinking and eating endlessly, until the city ran out of alcohol to feed the neverfilling stomach of a god and his demigod son...At which point, they teleported to the main orc city and fell flat on their faces...
    "God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of his own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players, to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time." (Good Omens - Terry Pratchett)

5. - Top - End - #65
    Dwarf in the Playground

But as Aleya Enters for the party, the whole floor comes in, an act of evil to balance the acts of good. then Inkoslavicarian said, I am sorry, Obi. But there must ALWAYS BE BALANCE! And now... The Raven Lord disappeared, never to be seen until the Balance was once again in peril.

OOC:I'm retiring the raven lord for now, and making another golem god. you'll find out who tomorrow.
    [CENTER]

Con is the opposite of Pro, SO
    Congress is the opposite of Progress

6. - Top - End - #66
    Orc in the Playground

Arthropos

I wish merely to see what other gods have done, and if I may, talk. I would like your opinions on my new creatures, the scorpoids, and see what ideas other gods have had. Arthropos realised, that the scorpoids were beginning to starve as there was only a limited supply of creatures at the oasis to eat, (The scorpoids, like scorpions, are predatory) so he turned some normal aphids into larger forms which fed on sap and produced a jelly full of nutrients needed by the scorpoids, and taught the scorpoids how to harvest this jelly.

To Bordum, he replied Bordum, if you wish, I could send you a list of all invertebrates and their scientific names, listed alphabetically (by genus), but it will probably take several generations of mortals to sort through it, and that is just the insects, also I believe only a few invertbrates are as orderly as you think. There is a variety of bee, one of the more orderly groups, for instance, that enters a hive and pretends to be a Queen bee, causing very chaotic results. To Golodi, he said I am glad that me and my kind have been an insperation to you. If you wish, I think I might be able to help in your studies, I have had an idea which may help. To everybody else he says, I hope my form does not disturb you, but I find it most convenient, as, undoubtedly, you find your forms.

7. - Top - End - #67

Devil

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC:
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Man View Post
    But as Aleya Enters for the party, the whole floor comes in, an act of evil to balance the acts of good. then Inkoslavicarian said, I am sorry, Obi. But there must ALWAYS BE BALANCE! And now...
    so what exactly happened? Inkoslavicarian just stopped two gods from meeting? My whole palace goes down along with my pretty wife to be filomina? Anything happen to the Lady or my powers? Someone die?
    "God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of his own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players, to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time." (Good Omens - Terry Pratchett)

8. - Top - End - #68
    Orc in the Playground

Bordum

To Anthropos
    I would be most happy to receive such a gift. To this point categorizing insects has proven difficult, they refuse to stay in orderly piles. Is there any boon I can grant you in return?

An element of Chaos you say? Hmmm... I have been trying to recruit a chaotic deity for some time, at the request of the Raven Lord. Would you be interested in joining our fraternity? You could be the balancing entropy, the bugs in the system as it where.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Saradinus
    One of the only mature and serious gods, Saradinus, began to fashion the Titans next... beings of pure arcane knowledge.... Saradinus transformed into a giant human form and breathed life into the earth. With his dragon's form he gave the titans a drop of his blood, and the new race was born in this way.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Orc in the Playground

Arthropos

To Bordum, Arthropos replies OK, but I fear your task of placing invertebrates into piles is doomed to failure. I will only be giving you a list, I won't actually place them into piles. As to the pantheon, I fear I must decline for the moment, because I would prefer to look after my scorpoids at the moment. As for the boon, I believe I will save that for when I can think of something. As Arthropos says this, a gigantic filing cabinet appears on top of one of Bordum's golems, each drawer marked things like 'crustacean' and 'gastropod'.Oops, hope that golem is alright. I'm not very good at aiming.After that, Arthropos looked upon the Scorpoids, and noticed that they had produced a surplus of jelly, and also that they were having trouble with their homes, as they still burrowed into the sand, but the Scorpoids were too big to have tunnels of any great size, but Arthropos had no knowledge of building, Actually, Bordum, if you could tell me any way of making dwellings for the Scorpoids, it would be much appreciated.

11. - Top - End - #71

Devil

When Obi returned to his home to see what had happened after he left Rabban with the orcs in hopes of teaching them some jokes he looked at it...one would expect dismay...one might expect anger...Obi was...intrigued...It was strange...he left never looking back (having totally forgotten about Filomina).

It's a strange thing looking at a golem waving...it's stranger enough when you pause your flying and it continues to wave. It waved, it waved...Curious things golems he said while he flew down to observe what it was doing...

Hello there he said cheerfully.

Hello, I am here to deliver a message from his maginificence the god Bordum!

Uhuhhhh.....okay.... Obi read the message, it was something about misunderstandings and balance...

He decided to forget past grudges and instantly teleported to where bordum was. He appeared in his more accepted form of a man with a black top hat and the bowtie on a big leather armchair.

I have a question he said without waiting for Bordum to look up from his work You said in your message that you wanted 3 gods, on of balance, one of law and one of chaos in order to maintain the balance...I'm guessing you're law and i'm sure i'm not balance so i have to be chaos...right??? If i'm chaos why would i want to join something that wants to promote balance by balancing chaos and law thus promoting balance instead of chaos....anyway it's fun...what do I need to?

OOC:sorry I hadn't answered for some time to the summons, was thinking about something

12. - Top - End - #72
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jack-in-the-box appears, and noticed Aleya. oh, hi! who are you! It looks like you are a child. so am i! i'm jack. jack-in-the-box!

Spoiler
    Show
    This is deliberate. You'll have to figure out him for yourself!
    Last edited by Anonymous Man; 2008-10-30 at 06:13 PM.
    [CENTER]

13. - Top - End - #73
    Orc in the Playground

Bordum

To Anthropos
    I was afraid our insect herding project was doomed to failure. Oh, well. And don't worry bout the Golem, they are stout fellows. I'll have someone dig him out when the paperwork is completed.

As for the pantheon, take you time, there is no need to rush into things. You know what they say 'Check twice, file once'. The offer no doubt will remain open for some time.

I cant send you copies of the plans for our office complexes. If you are looking for something smaller, A cubical with a thatched roof may be in order. I can also offer you the services of some Golems. You know to help with construction and to make sure everything is up to code.

To Obi

I may be misunderstanding the whole chaos thing but what could be more chaotic for a Chaos god to do but promote balance?

You just have to sign here, here, and here then imbue these rubies with a bit of your power. I'm no exactly sure what the Raven Lord has in store after that.
    Bordum frowns I'm not horribly fond of surprises.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Orc in the Playground

Aleya was startled by the jack-o thingy. she made it wet, just a little, and it turned brown and stopped moving. "weird," she said. "where am I?"
    Politics is the most accurate word in the English language. "Poli" in Latin meaning "Many" and

15. - Top - End - #75
    Orc in the Playground

Arthropos

Thank you for your advice, Bordum, and the golems would, I am sure, be appreciated by the Scorpoids. I shall tell some of them to watch carefully whilst the golems build the first houses, so that they will have builders. I do not have much grass or reeds in this desert, but there is a lot of rocks, stones and sand. Also, Scorpoids shed their skin to grow, so possibly the cast-off skin could be used as a renewable source of roofing materials. Oh, and by the way, what's a requisition form? said Arthropos. At the moment, Arthropos was over the foothills of some mountains bordering the Scorpoid's desert, watching a dragon. Hmm. Dragon. With this in his head, Arthropos flew off to the Scorpoid's settlement and noticed that some had died whilst attempting to cross the desert to spread. What was worse was that the nearest oasis (other than the one they had come from) was in the other direction. So Arthropos saw some dragonflies, and boosted their size and intellegence. He also gave them telepathic abilities and told them to help the Scorpoids expand their culture, but only after the golems had arrived.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jack gets wet, but then shakes the water off, revealing the he seems to be a golem made out of tin, with a small cape. hey! don't do that! it hurts! i just want to be friends.
    [CENTER]

17. - Top - End - #77
    Orc in the Playground

she blinked.

18. - Top - End - #78

Devil

To Bordum

But then again promoting balance will disrupt promoting chaos since fundamentally the opposite of promoting chaos...in any case what's in it for me?

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Saradinus
    Meanwhile Saradinus, in his dragon form, takes a mate with him... Queen Alexis. Saradinus, with Queen Alexis begat Marinan, the Dragon Lord. Meanwhile, the dragon folk lived in peaceful coexistance with the fire elementals.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jack sighs, and sits on the beach, sadly. hmph. she's no fun. she won't even tell me her name! Jack-in-the-Box begins to make a sand castle.
    [CENTER]

21. - Top - End - #81
    Orc in the Playground

(.... is Jack a god?)

22. - Top - End - #82
    Orc in the Playground

Arthropos

Arthropos had spread out (his body is lots of insects - they don't have to be all in one place but he can't use any god-type abilities) across the settlement of the Scorpoids, and saw that it was very dirty, with food waste nearly everywhere. Looking around, Arthropos saw a dung-beetle. He gathered his form, and increased the dung-beetles size and gave them the ability to eat anything organic. He told the Scorpoids not to worry and that the beetles were there to help, and so there was no longer any waste in their village.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

23. - Top - End - #83
    Dwarf in the Playground

(yes mizzim, jack is a god of a new type of golems. well done! you win a smile. )

jack completes his sand castle, big enough for him to use, and says childishly, cool! but not quite enough... aaahhh, that's better! For the castle had just turned into tin and wood, just like him.
    Last edited by Anonymous Man; 2008-11-02 at 07:24 PM.
    [CENTER]

24. - Top - End - #84

Devil

OOC: What happened guys? Is the thread dead? I'm waiting for Bordum's answer but if it's ok with anonymous, i can do something else until he returns and i can resume the conversation then or by telepathy or something

25. - Top - End - #85
    Orc in the Playground

To Obi

Balance isn't the opposite of anything. By joining the fraternity you are setting yourself in opposition to me. If I have my way the entirety of the world will be orderly and manicured. None of that offensive chaos to interfere with honest paperwork.

I'm not sure what exactly is in it for anyone. A sense of purpose I suppose. A chance at truly discovering what you are the God of.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Orc in the Playground

((OOC- I haven't posted for a bit because Mum's conquered the table with stained glass))

Arthropos
    Arthropos, now that the golems had arrived ((I hope you don't mind Odin, but I think they've been forgotten)) had observed the building of the huts, but didn't think something so... dead... summed him up properly, and didn't wish for a temple to built for him like that. So Arthropos, after noticing that termites were really good builders, so he altered some so that they built a giant termite mound that had holes in the sides allowing scorpoids to worship inside. With the secret of building, plentiful food, decent scouts (massive dragonflies), and good hygiene, the Scorpoids spread out across the desert, with settlements at most of the larger oasises and a few at the smaller ones. Thanks to his latest gift, each now had a temple, too.

27. - Top - End - #87

Devil

To Bordum

Hmm you say interesting things...but you spoke of three...last i heard of that raven he was gonna do something about balance being restored and he blew a hole in my tower last i checked...

Ok then, by the way, i got a question...you're supposed to be the god of order...right? Why would you not want everything to be ordered and manicured, isn't that your purpose as is, supposedly, mine to have everything in chaos? Why would you want balance...shouldn't there be something more to bind us...like beyond what we can help...i don't need you and you shouldn't even like me *cough*not that you do but anywayyyyyyyyy*cough*...for that matter i shouldn't even be talking you...or should I?

He sat there pondering his question waiting for the answer...could he be the god of chaos? Worth a try..he did say I could find out what I am the god of...maybe I should try it...

At once he grabbed the rubies and imbued them with his power...maybe a little more than he intended for they glew bright threw the whole prism of colors as if they were unsure what color they wanted to be.

That should it ehh?

28. - Top - End - #88
    Orc in the Playground

Arthropos

As the Scorpoids spread across the desert, Arthropos looked at the terrain surrounding the desert. To the East were some hills and mountains with dragons in, to the South there was an ocean, to the West there was a river with plains and an orc village nearby, and to the North were more mountains and a glacier. Seeing the orc village, Arthropos investigated. There weren't any temples, shrines, altars, icons or any other sign that they were the followers of another god. They also had none of the subtle, minor aura to show they had been blessed by another god, except for a divine trace Arthropos had also found on his Scorpoids and the golems which had visited his Scorpoids to show them how to build. The orcs were settled, with farms nearby. As they were mammals, and not worshipping him (or any other god), he could not affect them directly, and Arthropos thought they might be a threat to his Scorpoids. He also sensed pheromones telling of a lot of invertebrate deaths, but also that they provided food and home for a lot more. He decided to attempt a conversion. He sent dream to the village chief, but he would not listen to what Arthropos had to say. So Arthropos found a locust, altered its colour and behaviour and increased the population, causing a great plague to descend upon their crops. A few days of locusts eating their supplies has occured.
    Last edited by Earl of Purple; 2008-11-06 at 02:28 PM.

29. - Top - End - #89

Devil

OOC: Earl of purple, i'd appreciate it if you didn't decide months pass without me for the orcs are my chosen and my own son is with them teaching them. He is a half dragon half god appearing in the shape of a human...Because i've been talking with Bordum and the thread has been dead for a while I haven't had time for them so can we just rewind to before some months passed and the orcs said ok...

While Obi was talking with bordum he received a signal from his son. The orc chief had had a dream wherein a new god had told him he should become their god and sent locusts to destroy the crops. He also told him the education of the orcs to become his bearer of the jokes was kind of failing but he had taught them other important arts such as agriculture and architecture. They had no official god yet but they deemed him as a deity sent to help them. The orcs were progressing albeit slowly...

To his son he said through their mental link:
    Son, be afraid not of this new god. I shall speak with him and see what we get out of it. When i've finished some other business i'll come and survey your work. For now teach the orcs of war too. This may not be the last time we may have to deal with intruders!

To Anthropos he established a mental link and spoke in a voice thundering and deep as the mountain*just for effect he thought...*:
    Newcomer to our realm, you have wasted no time to expand your dominion, however, you have erred in your decision. If you wish to war with me so shall it be, if not remove thy plague or feel my own! The orcs are accompanied by my own flesh and blood, my son whom i have schooled in all the arts and your interference is unneeded. Leave my realm

He did not wait for an answer but just as he was severing the connection a laugh escaped him shrill and high for he had been holding it all the while...pretending was so much fun he would have to try it again on someone....

30. - Top - End - #90
    Orc in the Playground

To Obi

What do I have to gain? Job security. As long as you are around there will always be things to be put in order. Mistakes to be corrected. Misunderstandings to smooth out.

Once Obi, had left he returned to his work. Under his stewardship what huge once been a single office had ballooned to a huge size. An entire city had been created to supply, ink for quills, paper for forms, wood for desks, stone for office buildings and all of the other materials needed to run an office.