New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default The language filter

Just as an experiment, I'm going to write down every 'bad' word I can think of, with a euphemistic synonym next to it, to see what the language filter turns them into.

If any word gets through unchanged, I'll edit it out again in a couple of minutes. At the request of a moderator, I'll delete the whole thread.

I'm just interested to see what odd words the filter produces. :)

Content Deleted

Voice of a Mod: I'm going to officially ask you not to do this anymore. If you have a burning need to examine the ins and outs of the language filter and have some fun typing bad words, the post screens have a "preview" button which will show you what a post will look like without actually posting it, then you can abort the post.

- Curiouser and curiouser. :)

The member of the Australian Society for the Encouragement and Propagation of Beards. - Custom avatar by Moonsinger. Technical assistance by Quasimodo.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Default Re: The language filter

Red Watcher: Well, that gave me a bit of a fright at first. Thank you for having the taste to eliminate the slurs and such that the filter didn't catch on your own. Of course, I think this belongs in Board Issues, since it is all about the technical stuff that makes this magic happen. So, just let me dig through my spell component pouch here....