New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1485
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Aziraphales Actually Alliterative And Awesomely Affluent Random Banter #104

It was Addams Family Values. I can't remember that smile. All I can really remember about the film is that woman trying to kill Uncle Fester.
    "It doesn't matter what you think I'm supposed to be, 'cause I myself know all too well." Line from "King of My World" by Saliva.
    Good itP 2009 winner,Cleric itP Winner.
    Taking Reiki requests. PM me for details.
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Aziraphales Actually Alliterative And Awesomely Affluent Random Banter #104

Phase, how goes the comic?

I haven't had a chance to make any recently, I'm hoping you've had better luck.
    I've got sixteen demon roaches, but they ate my cookies.
    My new website/blog:

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Titan in the Playground

Aww´d.
    I just hit myself in they eye. Accidentally. And hard.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Barbarian in the Playground

How'd that happen?
    My commiepuppy was a gift from BRC

Timeless Error stole all the things that I could possibly be mistaken for. *happy dances*

I made my avatar. If you want to see other stuff I made, click here.

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Oregano View Post
    Does it have to be a real quote?
    . . .
    *resists sarcasm*
    I'll quote you my essay title (which does not make sense or seems very odd:
    "What does the chorus in Oedipus the King contribute to the impact on the audience of the events presented?"
    See, it's a very . . . awkward title.
    And 'real quote'? Considering it's a play: yah!

And this smile is the one I whipped off in that photo. But I had a pageboy haircut which does detract from the Addams factor.
    I still idolise her; she's amazing.
    So yeah Phase, I was quite creepy.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Titan in the Playground

Run from kitchen.
    Grab couch.
    Thus make 160 degree turn, using the couch to hang on. Stand down. Release. And tada.

And the beautifull thing was, I did it with my elbow, not sure if that was healthy for my arm...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh right, I'm terrible at quoting plays and books, I always pick useless quotes and then explain them but they're just wrong.

Yer, that's a long title, unweildy too.Could you not change it to say "Impact of Oedipus the King's Chorus on the Audience"? Probably not, but I always shorten titles.
    My new website/blog:

8. - Top - End - #1358

Bravo! Bravo! And as far as I know, as long as it didn't hurt your elbow, you're probably fine. Elbows were made to be abused. Your eye is a different matter entirely.
    Last edited by Groundhog; 2008-10-20 at 01:00 PM.

Timeless Error stole all the things that I could possibly be mistaken for. *happy dances*

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Ettin in the Playground

Phase, how goes the comic?
    Meh, slower than I'd like. I'll get better on thursday.

And Ouch, eyes are fragile.

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by groundhog22 View Post
    Bravo! Bravo! And as far as I know, as long as it didn't hurt your elbow, you're probably fine. Elbows were made to be abused.
    Meh, if you hit your elbow just right, like I've been doing repeatedly, you can pop your arm out, for lack of a better way to describe it, at your shoulder joint. It's like dislocating it, but the muscles pull it back in before it has a chance to dislocate. Then your arm hurts like crazy, and is useless for about 20 minutes.

Since those two time, my shoulders been cracking, like you'd crack your knuckles. At least it works still. Without pain.
    This avatar by Phase.

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    Meh, slower than I'd like. I'll get better on thursday.

And Ouch, eyes are fragile.
    Awesome, looking forward to the next strip.
    My new website/blog:

12. - Top - End - #1362

Okay, elbows were made to be abused somewhat. I never knew that a blow to the elbow could actually injure your shoulder. That's like...unfair.

13. - Top - End - #1363

Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post
    Meh, if you hit your elbow just right, like I've been doing repeatedly, you can pop your arm out, for lack of a better way to describe it, at your shoulder joint. It's like dislocating it, but the muscles pull it back in before it has a chance to dislocate. Then your arm hurts like crazy, and is useless for about 20 minutes.

Since those two time, my shoulders been cracking, like you'd crack your knuckles. At least it works still. Without pain.
    Smack that small gap in the elbow joint just right and your entire will go numb for awhile and be weak for some time after that.

Took a shot there with the unpadded part of a padded practice sword once, my arm was too weak to even pick up the padded sword.

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by groundhog22 View Post
    That's like...unfair.
    Truly, anatomical consistant responses to trauma are akin to cheating at backgammon. Sorry if this comes out sounding rude.
    Last edited by Phase; 2008-10-20 at 01:15 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1365

Oh right, I'm terrible at quoting plays and books, I always pick useless quotes and then explain them but they're just wrong.

Yer, that's a long title, unweildy too.Could you not change it to say "Impact of Oedipus the King's Chorus on the Audience"? Probably not, but I always shorten titles.
    No.
    It's an essay title. Can't be changed because doing so changes the nature of the question.
    What I think Classics Lecturer is asking is for us to relate how the 'actions' and speeches of the chorus help the audience to relate to what's on stage and how they (the audience) react to them.
    I've got some good stuff, but the problem is defining that they're still IC/OOC characters at exactly the same time; often have no actual influence on the play (except in this one they do vis a vis Creon); discuss how they actually often think out what the adience 'should' be feeling re: Prophecy is false! (which is very bad and relates well to contemporary things) and then the opposite.
    How they don't.

ALso I think I may have French homework in for tomorrow as well.

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Ogre in the Playground

My teachers never seem bothered, I usually but a shortened title, then right the question, then answer it, in my opinion it looks nicer. Especially when you do on a computer and make the question italic.
    My new website/blog:

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Banned

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    . . .
    *resists sarcasm*
    I'll quote you my essay title (which does not make sense or seems very odd:

"What does the chorus in Oedipus the King contribute to the impact on the audience of the events presented?"

See, it's a very . . . awkward title.
    It's perfectly simple. Replace 'chorus' with 'soundtrack'. It's a 'knowledge of dramatic technique' question. Examine what would be lacking in the play (and in the audiences' comprehension thereof) if the chorus wasn't there.

I don't know Oedipus Rex as a play, but I can spot that type of question a mile off.

Unrelated to Curlyclassicistgirl's Greek travails, or to the elbow-bashing discussion: a question for my /RB/-ish brethren (and sistren):

Given that the several-score channels on the 'lectric fishtank are all filled with mind-numbing drivel, to what fine cinematic work should Eggy direct his attention this evening?
    Last edited by bosssmiley; 2008-10-20 at 02:00 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Ettin in the Playground

For my anthropology course I have to do an "ethnographic essay" on someplace I'm not-too-comfortable with applying some anthropological theory (structuralism, symbolism, or somethingselseIcan'tremember). And it's not letting me onto the syllabus so I can't do my homework for today. ghawerihfao;gjvkan!

*ahem*

Otherwise....

I've been crocheting in my "spare time".

19. - Top - End - #1369

Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    It's perfectly simple. Replace 'chorus' with 'soundtrack'. It's a 'knowledge of dramatic technique' question. Examine what would be lacking in the play (and in the audiences' comprehension thereof) if the chorus wasn't there.

I don't know Oedipus Rex as a play, but I can spot that type of question a mile off.

Unrelated to Curlyclassicistgirl's Greek travails, or to the elbow-bashing discussion: a question for my /RB/-ish brethren (and sistren):

Given that the several-score channels on the 'lectric fishtank are all filled with mind-numbing drivel, to what fine cinematic work should Eggy direct his attention this evening?
    Final Destination 2?

I dunno, kinda surprised me, maybe do the same for you.

Granted, I went in with really low expectations...

...and we'd been drinking all night...

...maybe not, then.

20. - Top - End - #1370

Don't worry; I've already got the 'fourth actor' and running commentary/social commentary going on.
    Besides; I got a B on my previous essay (I spent maybe an hour - hour thirty on it max) so I hope I can at least get an equal grade. I know what to write, but the thinking about it beforehand annoys me.

@DRider: that's one reason to be happy I go to a college. Very few syllabus problems due to computers.
    Also: half term next week.

@Eggy:
    One thing you can be glad you're missing is that ever - repeating advert for *shudders* High School Musical 3. One of the clips looks like a Disneyfied version of Chicago mixed with Cabaret (I think that's the title. The musical about the cabaret show in Nazi Germany) and worse.
    Lots of pink.
    And a basketball game you just know they're going to win because they're the good guys!

Children need good films and TV shows these days.

Speaking of; yet once more, there were college age kids discussing the amazingness that was El Nombre and all the oldtime educational shows and cartoons.
    Slightly more disturbing ws the ease with which they talked about 'popping 'e's'; 'smoking weed', drinking and their numerous near - death experiences.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Ettin in the Playground

I think I'm actually going to do my paper on the linguistics of the college campus I visited...I mean that sounds pretty broad, I know, but in the 24 hours I was there (I spent the night) I saw a pretty interesting cross-section of cliques and their different slangs and manner of speaking was really interesting. So if I can just pull together an argument...

I mean, everyone there - even sorority chicks, which was what my host's roommate was - were smart in a way that you don't really experience in high school. It really kind of surprised me. Their use of intelligent vocabulary (even hidden among "omg" and "what the f***" and "that's SO dope") was startling.

Yep. It's kind of scary how interesting I find this stuff.

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Yep. It's kind of scary how interesting I find this stuff.
    Yes, yes it is.
    *cue smallness*
    Idiots give me indigestion.
    Don't give me indigestion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Wadledo, you dislike EVERYONE. Therefore, you don't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    There's a concept called mercy. Are you familiar with it?
    Thank ya Dr.Bath for your avataring skills.

23. - Top - End - #1373
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by wadledo View Post
    Yes, yes it is.
    *cue smallness*
    *HUGS*

Fisher.

24. - Top - End - #1374
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    As in... in cinemas? If so I would recommend Burn after Reading. It's very funny, perhaps not on par with some of the other Coen Brothers' films but still, very very good. 'How to lose friends and alienate people' is apparently pretty *ahem* crummy, as a friend put it (this friend is a known Pegg-fan, and even that couldn't save it)

Other films... I heartily recommend I <3 Huckabees, as films about existential angst go, I'd rate it as the best. Admittedly it's not to everyone's taste (only one of my friends likes it, the rest (who have actually seen it) hate it)

25. - Top - End - #1375

. . .
    The lat film I saw in cinema was Shrek 2; the last film I bought was Pan's Labyrinth; I can say with some certainty that I know nothing about recent film releases.
    At all.

@DRider: linguistics paper eh? Spoken language = transcripts and all those fiddly technical phrases and noting down paralinguistic features.
    At least voiced fillers are easy.
    So, no, not scary. High five of linguistic and language related geekery?

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

26. - Top - End - #1376
    Ogre in the Playground

The last film I bought was a double set 28 days and weeks later, the other week. I know not much about films from the 00s but I'm pretty good for 80s and 90s, pretty good but not great.
    My new website/blog:

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Did you know that CurlyKitGirl learns just by being near or around books? It's true!

Spoiler
    Show

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

28. - Top - End - #1378

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Did you know that CurlyKitGirl learns just by being near or around books? It's true!

Spoiler
    Show
    It really is.

Best part about being semi- lolcat.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Bugbear in the Playground

We're watching This Is England for identity study now.
    England?
    THIS…
    IS –

*is whacked over the head*
    Ooooh… sorry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempest Fennac View Post
    It was Addams Family Values. I can't remember that smile. All I can really remember about the film is that woman trying to kill Uncle Fester.
    What?!? Who? Where's the assassin –
    Oh. Uncle Fester. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Don't worry; I've already got the 'fourth actor' and running commentary/social commentary going on.
    Besides; I got a B on my previous essay (I spent maybe an hour - hour thirty on it max) so I hope I can at least get an equal grade. I know what to write, but the thinking about it beforehand annoys me.

@DRider: that's one reason to be happy I go to a college. Very few syllabus problems due to computers.
    Also: half term next week.

@Eggy:
    One thing you can be glad you're missing is that ever - repeating advert for *shudders* High School Musical 3. One of the clips looks like a Disneyfied version of Chicago mixed with Cabaret (I think that's the title. The musical about the cabaret show in Nazi Germany) and worse.
    Lots of pink.
    And a basketball game you just know they're going to win because they're the good guys!

Children need good films and TV shows these days.
    Ugh, High School Musical – the bane of my existence. And you know, it wouldn't be that bad if everything about the movie was totally horrible. But the songs… they get stuck in your head like peanut butter to your craw! It's painful having to listen to that… "music"… over and over in my head!…
    So… much… pain…
    *curls up in a ball*
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

30. - Top - End - #1380
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    What?!? Who? Where's the assassin –
    Oh. Uncle Fester. My bad.
    *hides cake slice*

*whistles innocently*

I've not had a problem with High School Musical. Mainly because I have managed to avoid each and every one. Phew. That was a close one apparently.