New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Aziraphales Actually Alliterative And Awesomely Affluent Random Banter #104

My internet is crazy today. I can browse this forum, TV Tropes and some other pages, but it won't let me enter Google or some other sites...
    So I herd you liek Mudkipz by Mr. Saturn
    Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to both Mr Saturn and B-Man for their avatars!! Antiform Sora, Haloween Sora, Majora's Mask Link, Wolf Link & Midna, KH Sora and Christmas in July Sora

I was a Custom Title ITP!
    Lucky "Guess the Number" quote:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykon_Fan View Post
    Great, Radikal fixed the dice...and by fixed, I mean "broke beyond repair and cheats irreparably."

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Aziraphales Actually Alliterative And Awesomely Affluent Random Banter #104

Because google's evil!

and if they make Halo Wars work as an RTS I'll be amazed.
    I've got sixteen demon roaches, but they ate my cookies.
    My new website/blog:

3. - Top - End - #123
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Oregano View Post
    If I knew what half of it meant it would most likely be simple, like factor theorem.
    "n∈ℕ is divisible by m∈ℕ if ∃q∈ℕ s.t. n=qm"
    Tells you that any natural number (1,2,3,4...) is divisible by another natural number if you end up with a natural number, eg. 9 is divisible by 3 since you end up with 3 without remainder. So yeah, simple stuff.

P.S. Do maths, you can confuse people with it. It is a mighty weapon.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

Right so that's what it means, and you jsut proved my answer of 3 was correct(in a way anyway), Huzzah!

Maths is made for bamboozling people. Haha, that just reminded me of Russell Howard, "what's the oppositwe of opposite? bamboozled."
    My new website/blog:

5. - Top - End - #125
    Barbarian in the Playground

*Ranna gets up on podium*

I got to meet TERRY PRATCHETT yesterday!!!!!! It was lovely!

*Ranna gets off podium and scuttles off*
    *runs off and hides*

My One And Only Trophy

6. - Top - End - #126
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ranna View Post

*is extremely jealous*

I might just not hug you, I'm too jealous...

oh who am I kidding?

*hug*

7. - Top - End - #127

You have just become one of the most envied people in the playground, I would think...

*Hands over a cookie of awesome*

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

*Stands on Ranna's podium.*

Who's Terry Pratchet? Is he the Discworld guy or summat?

*Waits, remaining on podium.*
    This avatar by Phase.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

Yer he is, my friend met him ages ago and got one of his Discworld books signed.
    My new website/blog:

10. - Top - End - #130

Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post
    *Stands on Ranna's podium.*

Who's Terry Pratchet? Is he the Discworld guy or summat?

*Waits, remaining on podium.*
    Yes.

Running away before someone decries you as a heretic might be a good idea...

11. - Top - End - #131

*sigh*

Standby for a complaining teenager who simply needs to talk about some issues somewhere.

So I think I have managed to permanently get myself thrown out of my mom's house. For this to make sense, time for some background about me. When I was about 2 years old my parents got divorced after about 4 years of angry marriage. It's always been like that and I've always known how to deal with it. I try to maintain my neutrality in their arguments because I know I might drive one of them against me. So I spend the weekends at my dad's house and the rest of the week with my mom. It's joint custody so legally they deserve an equal amount of time with me. So today I wanted to go to my dad's house instead of going on Saturday as I usually did. This immensely angered my mom. She claimed that my dad was manipulating me against her, and that I should always ask her for permission if I want to go to my dad, EVEN THOUGH IT'S JOINT CUSTODY. So I started to argue, at which point she told me to leave, and not come back for a month. So I grab some personal belongings and get out of the house. Now the thing is, my mom has a tendency to hold grudges for a really loooooooooooooooong time, and I think this could very well last longer than a month, which pisses me off. As much as I think my mom is wrong, I do still love her and don't want to have to wait several years before I can enter her house again. In summary: ARRRRGH , and I hope you don't mind me ranting a bit with my issues.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

12. - Top - End - #132
    Troll in the Playground

::throws a boulder at Rand::

"This is why it hurts the way it hurts.
    You have too many words in your head.
    There are too many ways to describe the way you feel.
    You will never have the luxury of a dull ache.
    You must suffer through the intricacy of feeling too much"

— Iain S. Thomas

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    *sigh*

Standby for a complaining teenager who simply needs to talk about some issues somewhere.

So I think I have managed to permanently get myself thrown out of my mom's house. For this to make sense, time for some background about me. When I was about 2 years old my parents got divorced after about 4 years of angry marriage. It's always been like that and I've always known how to deal with it. I try to maintain my neutrality in their arguments because I know I might drive one of them against me. So I spend the weekends at my dad's house and the rest of the week with my mom. It's joint custody so legally they deserve an equal amount of time with me. So today I wanted to go to my dad's house instead of going on Saturday as I usually did. This immensely angered my mom. She claimed that my dad was manipulating me against her, and that I should always ask her for permission if I want to go to my dad, EVEN THOUGH IT'S JOINT CUSTODY. So I started to argue, at which point she told me to leave, and not come back for a month. So I grab some personal belongings and get out of the house. Now the thing is, my mom has a tendency to hold grudges for a really loooooooooooooooong time, and I think this could very well last longer than a month, which pisses me off. As much as I think my mom is wrong, I do still love her and don't want to have to wait several years before I can enter her house again. In summary: ARRRRGH , and I hope you don't mind me ranting a bit with my issues.
    Sucks dude, I'm sorry that you had to go through that. Parents easily let their anger toward their ex cloud their feelings toward their children.

My parents divorced right before I turned 18, but I was lucky that I moved out to my dorm, followed by an apartment, shortly after the divorce. I missed most of the fallout, but my two younger sisters had to deal with the entire backlash.
    Last edited by TwoBitWriter; 2008-10-03 at 03:02 PM.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ettin in the Playground

*Kidnaps.*

Come one, come all. See the one who is envied on the internet! Do not feed the envied...

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ettin in the Playground

Eh... haven't read any Discworld novels (Or any other Pratchett works), and they're pretty low on my list, to the extent where they aren't on aforementioned list at all.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

16. - Top - End - #136

It was at my towns mini book store it was really random, (the store is a family run business and is TINY)

I told him never to change the illustrations on the classic books and he laughed at me

I think we're gonna be fast friends hehehee
    *runs off and hides*

My One And Only Trophy

17. - Top - End - #137

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    I want to meet him. You should have taken a picture to commemorate the amazingness of your day.

You are now number one on my Envy - O - Meter, successfully knocking Jibbers off his long - held top spot.
    What was he like?

E Lang was fun today. We had a lesson about swearing. We talked about the 's' word, the 'f' word and the bad 'c' word. Not to mention the 'n' word and pretty much all of the common curses.
    That's why you take E Lang and Lit separately.
    And everything else yeah, but that is such a fantastic way to end a school day on a Friday.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

Wow, Curly managed to post without smiting Thanatos or Rand.

I'll just leave the heretic smiting equipment over in that unlocked toolshed then, guarded by my assistant, blind Jim. Know why we call him Blind Jim? You get three guesses!

Though I shouldn't be talking, really. I've only read four of Pratchett's books so far, though I would like to read more.
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2008-10-03 at 03:46 PM.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

19. - Top - End - #139
    Banned

SwashbucklerGuy

Is it true that he tears about the place in a Bowler Wildcat roaring "I am a writing GOD!" pausing only to urinate on photos of J.K.Rowling and command people to lick his toes?

(Terry is my hero, and I want to be like him when I hatch )

20. - Top - End - #140

I guess I'm the Official Smiter of the Playground then.

*smites the unworthy Thanatos and rand*
    *smites once more*
    And lo, for they were smote until e'en the highest stars that filled the skies above burnt out and left the universe deadened and black, so black that it absorbs the light gi'en off from the truest souls.
    And yea, e'en after the universe hath ended and the souls are allocated their slot in the afterlife beyond shalt the two sinners against Pratchett the Almighty be punished.
    And it shall be more painful than the rending of the flesh by the hounds of Hell itself, most fiery and riven by the shrieks of the damned, and they shall never be released from their punishment unless they repent and read the works of the Almighty.

That good?

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

Reading Discworld is really low on my list, too. In fact, I never will. Even if forced.

I also won't watch Firefly.
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

I happened to read Thud! and that was about it. I don't read as much as I should and Pratchett is someone I should get to know better.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Rose Dragon View Post
    Reading Discworld is really low on my list, too. In fact, I never will. Even if forced.

I also won't watch Firefly.
    *gasp*

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    Last edited by Dragonrider; 2008-10-03 at 04:14 PM.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

Nope, Johnny the supertenant will never be some kickass space cowboy in my eyes. He will always remain Johnny the supertenant.
    I use black for sarcasm.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

Two Guys and a Girl, I loved that show, although Nathan Fillion's great in Firefly he was much better in Two Guys and a Girl, Ryan Reynolds was a lot better in that as well compared so most of his work.
    My new website/blog:

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ettin in the Playground

Not watching Firefly is okay. Not reading Discworld is okay.

Refusing to do either strikes me as... odd.

Since we're on the subject, I know someone who claims to have met Pratchett before, loves the hell outta Discworld, and hasn't seen Firefly, with watching it being so low on her priority list as to be non-existant.

She has, however, introduced me to Red Dwarf.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thanatos5150 View Post
    Not watching Firefly is okay. Not reading Discworld is okay.

Refusing to do either strikes me as... odd.
    I also refuse to watch Futurama or Stargate or Lost.

Heroes, however, is OK.
    I use black for sarcasm.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Rose Dragon View Post
    I also refuse to watch Futurama or Stargate or Lost.

Heroes, however, is OK.
    You just picked the worst one of the four...

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

Isn't Heroes basically a soap opera about superpowered people? How can it be bad?
    I use black for sarcasm.

30. - Top - End - #150

Quote Originally Posted by thanatos5150 View Post
    She has, however, introduced me to Red Dwarf.
    Red Dwarf is glorious!
    The Cat invented the big wibbly wobbly thing!
    And 'smeghead'. And you have to love Kryten, especially how he cusses RImmer when he leaves.
    "Dinosaur breath, molecule mind, smeg - for - brains, ********."

Or Tongue Tied - this was only the first two minutes of the show.
    Or the boxers scene from Polymorph.
    Beautiful show; and apparently they're making another series next year.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!