Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 50 of 50

Thread: Alagonder

  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tacitus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Alagonder

    Densharr

    The feline warrior's ear's twitch slightly and at the mention of moving with haste he chimes in, "I can carry at least two hundred pounds of supplies and have an enchanted pack that can carry one hundred more. I would usually be fatigued carrying so much but I have acquired a magical item from a heretic that allows movement at full speed without worry of weight, assuming I can still move. Beyond that, I still say I could outlast many of the horses in an overland race."
    Never can find my towel...

    So it goes.

    Healing is like accounting, but with life and death.
    -Self

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Greyen's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Missouri
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Alagonder

    Garris

    Yeah, yeah, who cares. Can we get on with it? The human warrior says nastily. Lunchmeat here, he pats the horse is getting antsy.
    Excellent Avatar of Uri by Retun of Lanky (Aka Lanky Bugger)

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Texas! *Texas! *Yee Haw!
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Alagonder

    Throntha

    Throntha keeps an eye on the areas surrounding their path for signs of predators or enemies.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Spot - (3d6+16)[32]
    Spot - (3d6+16)[24]
    Spot - (3d6+16)[29]
    Spot - (3d6+16)[26]
    Spot - (3d6+16)[27]
    Spot - (3d6+16)[31]

    Spot is an additional +6 with regards to humans, +2 for fey and animals.
    I'm not dead. I am also not a walrus.

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kroy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Olympia, near Seattle, US

    Default Re: Alagonder

    Spoiler
    Show
    Ankine: You reconize the knight for an aasamir. Not only that, but you also remember that there was a big battle here about a decade ago, and it had something to do with aasamir.


    After a long uneventful day of riding, you find a clearing right off the main road. In it is a caravan of halflngs. They haven't noticed you yet. "Should we ask for lodging?" Says the prince.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Roland St. Jude View Post
    There is no mind control, citizen. Please go back to your fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Corm View Post
    Kroy speaks the truth.
    Avatar courtesy of Shades of Grey.

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Alagonder

    Ankine

    Ankine discovers the caravan quickly from her point of view, and descends to the others just in time to take part in the conversation. Still hovering about three feet over the ground to face her companions on horseback, she snorts:

    "Halflings, well, they tend to be friendly, so I don't see any merit in ignoring them"

    As if she didn't care about the other's opinions, she faces the Aasamir knight, talking only loud enough to let him hear

    "Excuse me, strongest warrior of Icewind Dale (not meant as compliment, she just doesn't remember the name), I noticed your rare... heritage and remember that there was a battle involving your kin. Could you perhaps share some of that lore with me when we rest?"

    She gives him another one of her trademark smiles.
    Last edited by Flashlight; 2008-10-04 at 10:56 AM.
    Dominant Avatar by Bisected 8

    Another cool avvie by Thecrimsonmage
    Characters I play
    Spoiler
    Show

    Leroy, NG Human Factotum, the Great Game
    Rashad, TN Half-Elf Bard, Adventurer Fedex
    Kristen, TN Human Factotum, recruiting for STAP

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator
     
    The Glyphstone's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Alagonder

    "I do believe it would be advantageous for me to remain here if we are to shelter with the halflings - such creatures rarely appreciate the gifts of the Vaunted."

    He is travelling not on a horse - none of the prince's beasts would take him on its back near his skeletal servants - but on a special platform attached to his giant's armor.

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Demons_eye's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Mi Lower P
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Alagonder

    Jack

    So long as we get off these damn horses I dont care... He dosent even wait for a reply as he hops off and strech's a bit.
    ~Sweet avatar by Miss Nobody~

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    You killed it, its dead, it exploded, Good Job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logalmier View Post
    "I need a latter! Quick, find a psion so he can make one with his mind!"

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kroy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Olympia, near Seattle, US

    Default Re: Alagonder

    They knight, taken by surprise said "A little over a decade ago, a powerful guild led by the tiefling Darrion started hunting and killing aasamir. Nasher knew of this, but he couldn't capture such a powerful figure as Darrion without proof. The Sword coast only had about 2,000 aasamir, within 6 months the population was reduced to less than 400 hundred. They decided to gather outside Neverwinter for mutual protection. The town of Haven as they called it lasted only 2 weeks before Darrion knew their precise location."

    The knight sighed "I was lucky, I was in the blacksmiths, examining our first broadsword. When the massacre happenned I was able to defend my self. After two hours, Nasher and 4,000 men entered the town and saved about 3 dozen of the lucky ones. He can tell you the rest." Gesturing toward the cloaked figure.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Roland St. Jude View Post
    There is no mind control, citizen. Please go back to your fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Corm View Post
    Kroy speaks the truth.
    Avatar courtesy of Shades of Grey.

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Alagonder

    Ankine

    The wizard's eyes sparkle as usual when she can learn something new. She moves closer to the cloaked rider, and adresses both of Alagondar's bodyguards:

    "What reason did your kin give this Darrion to hunt you down? It would have taken a lot of resources to maintain a guild capable of killing all those people. And most importantly, did Nasher get him in the end?"

    No compassion can be heard in Ankine's voice, she talks about it like others would talk about food.
    Last edited by Flashlight; 2008-10-04 at 04:41 PM.
    Dominant Avatar by Bisected 8

    Another cool avvie by Thecrimsonmage
    Characters I play
    Spoiler
    Show

    Leroy, NG Human Factotum, the Great Game
    Rashad, TN Half-Elf Bard, Adventurer Fedex
    Kristen, TN Human Factotum, recruiting for STAP

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kroy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Olympia, near Seattle, US

    Default Re: Alagonder

    "It wasn't clear. It could've been that his ancestrol loathing of celestial creatures, or he could've been working for a greater force. They guild was made up of about 150 bountyhunters and 60 informants, a potient combination. I believe that bountyhunters didn't know about targeting aasamir, as they were given each case seprately.

    Nasher marched his army into Haven because one member of the guild discovered what was happening and told Nasher that they were going to Haven with 3 regiments of 60 mercenaries each. In the end Darrions guild was destroyed, and a charred body of a tiefling was found where Darrion was fireballed"
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Roland St. Jude View Post
    There is no mind control, citizen. Please go back to your fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Corm View Post
    Kroy speaks the truth.
    Avatar courtesy of Shades of Grey.

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tacitus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Alagonder

    Densharr

    On swift feet the feline stalks forwards towards the halflings and at first almost seems ready to spring on them. Instead, however, he slows his approach and calls out to them, "Hail, friends! We are travelers on our way to the legendary city of Neverwinter. Will you allow us to camp with you for the night? I am sure we can swap stories in the night. I must warn you, however, we bring with us a wrangler of rogue dead who puts those who have returned to life unjustly to work for greater purposes than slaughter. We are well skilled in combat and with the deathless standing watch your camp would be well guarded this night."

    Spoiler
    Show
    I figure the diplomacy would be considered an equal trade though they might consider themselves slightly at risk. Probably a DC 20+lvl+wis Diplomacy DC.
    (3d6+29)[43]
    Never can find my towel...

    So it goes.

    Healing is like accounting, but with life and death.
    -Self

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kroy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Olympia, near Seattle, US

    Default Re: Alagonder

    The leader of the caravan introduces himself as Garrett Redpint, and says that it is fine for them to stay the night. The prince thanks him and joins the party.

    Throntha, you notice that the cloaked figure's hood gets pushed back by the wind, revealing red eyes and two small horns. He pills the hood back over his head quickly.
    Last edited by Kroy; 2008-10-05 at 12:50 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Roland St. Jude View Post
    There is no mind control, citizen. Please go back to your fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Corm View Post
    Kroy speaks the truth.
    Avatar courtesy of Shades of Grey.

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Greyen's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Missouri
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Alagonder

    Yarv

    Yarv dismounts unceremoniously, scowling at the innocent horse. He shoulders his pack and wanders in to the halfling clearing. He scowls his way through to the other side and drops his pack in an open area. Drawing the huge black sword that is almost as tall as he is, Yarv begins to practive sword forms.
    Excellent Avatar of Uri by Retun of Lanky (Aka Lanky Bugger)

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Alagonder

    Ankine

    The wizard nods to the cloaked man, slightly disappointed with it's conclusion.

    "If you excuse me then, I need to take a nap. While flying for eight hours is not exhausting, it's certainly mind-numbing if nothing happens"

    She walks to the halfling caravan after canceling her flight spell, and greets the leader.

    "I am assured your group keeps their fingers where they belong. No offense meant, but I like my things too much too lose them, and I can get pretty angry"

    With a smile, she lays down and cuddles herself to the soft snow near the caravan, still protected from the cold. After roughly two hours, she jerks up again, dries her clothes with a snip of the fingers and checks her possessions. She then joins the halflings and the feline warrior, pulling out a small, leather-bound book and browses through it's pages, letting the arcane symbols manifest in her mind, looking up from time to time to make a short question or answer one. Within a hour, she's done.

    Until the others will be ready again, she will wander around the camp and keep watch then.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Resting for 2 hours, then preparing spells.
    Swapping Disguise Self for Silent Ghost Sound (Pun intended )
    Swapping all Rays of Frost for Acid Splashes
    Swapping 1 Disintegrate for Chain Lightning
    Last edited by Flashlight; 2008-10-05 at 08:26 AM.
    Dominant Avatar by Bisected 8

    Another cool avvie by Thecrimsonmage
    Characters I play
    Spoiler
    Show

    Leroy, NG Human Factotum, the Great Game
    Rashad, TN Half-Elf Bard, Adventurer Fedex
    Kristen, TN Human Factotum, recruiting for STAP

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tacitus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Alagonder

    Denshar

    For the remainder of the evening the valiant warrior sits with the halflings, hearing tales of their adventures and regaling them with some of his own. At times he slips into the harsh syllables of draconic power or the lyric phrases of the fey but does not speak a word of his race's tongue beyond his own name, introducing himself first and foremost once he secures the camp. He apologizes for some of the behavior of his hired comrades. When the time comes he will remove the gem from the breastplate of his armor and replace it with another from a pouch on his belt. Even so he will sleep but two hours to get all the rest that is needed.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Gather Information: (3d6+7)[16]
    Not looking for anything in particular, just swapping stories and poking for rumors.
    Will take second set of two hours of sleep, even though the undead are our vigilant sentries.
    Last edited by Tacitus; 2008-10-05 at 06:40 AM.
    Never can find my towel...

    So it goes.

    Healing is like accounting, but with life and death.
    -Self

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Greyen's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Missouri
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Alagonder

    Yarv

    Yarv seeing that Denshar has fallen asleep takes a more active watch. When Denshar awakes, Yarv says to him Time for my couple of hours.

    The big human leans against a wagon wheel swapping his own crystals and laying his sword across his lap, sleeping sitting up, hands on the weapon.
    Excellent Avatar of Uri by Retun of Lanky (Aka Lanky Bugger)

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Texas! *Texas! *Yee Haw!
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Alagonder

    Throntha

    Throntha squints at the cloaked figure. Saints and demons, what a clever party this is. Shrugging, Throntha dismounts and promptly ignores the horse.

    "I'll scout the perimeter." Throntha grunts and disappears deftly into the wilderness surrounding the camp. Throntha also tries to pick up some game for the party to eat.

    Returning to camp with meat and wild vegetables, he tries to discuss night watches with the caravan's leader or whomever looks like they are in charge of security.

    Spoiler
    Show

    hide - (3d6+26)[41]
    MoveSilently - (3d6+26)[34]
    Listen - (3d6+13)[21]
    Search - (3d6+7)[15]
    Spot - (3d6+16)[33]
    [roll=Survival]3s6+10[/roll]
    I'm not dead. I am also not a walrus.

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Demons_eye's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Mi Lower P
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Alagonder

    Jack sets in the back sleeping on and off only talking when asked.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Making a histroy and local check for anying about how the prince runs things. how good a man he is.
    History-(3d6+23)[39]
    Local-(3d6+23)[29]
    ~Sweet avatar by Miss Nobody~

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    You killed it, its dead, it exploded, Good Job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logalmier View Post
    "I need a latter! Quick, find a psion so he can make one with his mind!"

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator
     
    The Glyphstone's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Alagonder

    With a few whispered commands, Malthar sets his arrow demons to patrolling the boundaries of the camp, after bluntly warning those present that he is not responsible for the safety of anyone who leaves that perimeter then tries to return past the mindless creatures. Thus settled, he finds a comfortable place away from the bulk of the group and sleeps soundly, watched over by the skeletal giant. At midnight, he awakens and begins to pray softly for an hour, honoring his dark god and refreshing his magical arsenal, after which he returns to his slumber.

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Texas! *Texas! *Yee Haw!
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Alagonder

    Throntha

    Throntha peers into the darkness trying to see the ninjas.

    Spoiler
    Show

    SpotNinjas - (1d20+16)[29] +6 if human ninjas! (+2 if animal or fey ninjas)
    I'm not dead. I am also not a walrus.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •