New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Requested area for the Game Design Board

I would like to request a new area for the Game Design board. One of the problems I fiind when planning a huge campaign is in making all the characters. Especially when you get way up there in level. So it would be nice to have a NPC board where people could post old characters in stat block format that GM's could "lift" for use in their campaigns.

This method can provide a GM with NPC's who were created with time and care, rather than numbers thrown together along with all the other detail work involved in putting a campaign together. What do you think?

One method would be to have a different post for each character/npc with naming standards (ex: m elf thf5/sor5). That would make it easy to find exactly what you want.

Another possibility would be to have a class specific thread (ftr clr thf) and multi-class. The sky is pretty much the limit. The end result would be that Players can get a chance to show off their characters and GM's get a place to fish for interesting new NPC's for their game.
    In the words of Socrates - \"I drank what?\"

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground
    Default Re: Requested area for the Game Design Board

It seems like you're new here so I would recommend looking around and posting more to get a better feel of how things run round here.

However I do agree with you in the sense that this board could use some reorganization.

Actually I'm currently (but slowly) working on a board reorganization proposal to send the The Giant and maybe post for discussion
    I Don\'t Not Want To Be Indecisive

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Requested area for the Game Design Board

I'm glad you finally started a thread here!

I will now claim to be the person who told you to move it here from Gaming/Friendly Banter/wherever it was.

At any rate, I think that that could be a good idea, but might be better suited to a more statistically-oriented site. This place is very social, and solves specific problems or gives advice in Gaming.

Other boards, such as WoTC, provide more gaming resources per se.

I've forgotten the Mission Statement of these boards (or whatever), though, so providing such resources or something similar might be something Rich is or was interested in.

Either way, though, I will say that such a board would be a major change for the culture & purpose of the boards from what they are now.

Basically, I think I'm going to say (eventually) that if Rich wants to, he will, but that would be uncharacteristic.

In the meantime, anyone know of any online resources elsewhere (for characters)?

Of course, as many books contain example characters (I think there was one 3e book dedicated to them), WotC may try to keep compliations of characters to use off the net... but I don't really understand Open Gaming Content, so I'm not sure.
    DON'T PANIC
    (Arthur Avatar by the Losar.)

GO BLUE