New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Zombigeddon: The begining of the end

October 1st 2010,

It’s a beautiful Friday afternoon, its cool, but not too cold, the leaves are beginning to turn and the days have already grown short. You’ve just gotten home from work and are taking a few minutes to relax and unwind before you head over to Felton Weber’s place for the night’s DnD session.

Felton works at The Dungeon’s Master, the local gaming store, they sell everything from miniature games to dnd books. A few weeks ago Felton decided to start up a dnd campaign with a few of the regulars he’s become friends with, namely you. So for the past 3 weeks you’ve headed over to his apartment at about this time on Fridays to play some dnd. Today’s no exception.

Felton’s one bedroom apartment is best described as “cozy”. Its small but not cramped. The living room is rectangular, with a large beige couch taking up most of the space, in front of that there is a wooden coffee table. On the table, amidst the assortment of dice and dnd minis there is a bowl of potato chips and sour cream &onion dip. Opposite the couch there is a recliner that has been pulled from its regular spot to accommodate the game. Hanging on the wall behind the recliner is a large flat panel TV that is currently off. Another recliner sits at the head of the coffee table; this is Felton’s Dming chair. He prefers this chair because it’s low to the ground, so he can use the table as a desk for notes and what not. On the left side of the couch is the kitchen, opposite that, is Feltons’ bedroom, and the only restroom in the apartment.

After everyone has arrived and gets situated, felton begins tonight’s session. He hits the dimmer switch and pulls out a flashlight, illuminating, his face from the bottom, like someone telling a ghost story at a campout. As the session begins you quickly realize he’s planned a ghost story style adventure for your characters, but that’s out of character knowledge.

You role-play the ghost encounter for several hours before a break in the action and storytelling opens up an opportunity for a break.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Zombigeddon: The begining of the end

Elza Walker

She'd been in there for about ten minutes now.

Elza wondered for the umpteenth time what she was doing, but the mirror in the bathroom wasn't about to fork over an answer.

Wearing her favorite biker jacket and some jeans, that Hawkwind shirt Christopher bought for her, the blond tried to piece things together again. She didn't have anything against her beau's friends, they were all nice to some degree, even nicer than some of her fellow engineers down at the university. No one here raised an eye at her gear head tendencies.

But she wasn't really a gamer, either. She had trouble remembering some of their names (and hated herself over that) and nearly embarrassed herself about ten times while trying to play. Elvish Sorcerers (Sorceress, really) weren't geared to swing swords around but she'd stuck with it, since the only thing fantasy she knew about were stories about Elric in books that she'd read one autumn after she'd broken her leg. She also tended to roll the wrong borrowed dice too. Right now though, she was trying to roll the dice of fate; wondering if anyone would miss her slipping out to go for a nice ride on her bike or even just get a burger from J's diner.

She decided to stay after all, FINALLY leaving the bathroom with a sheepish embarrassed look. "s-Sorry about that... Um, so are we going to keep playing, then?
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Benny

Benny stands up and stretches. He walks into the kitchen and grabs a soda. He calls over his shoulder. "Anyone want something while I'm up?" He looks out the kitchen window for a moment before returning to the living room. He passes out the others' drinks before resuming his seat on the recliner opposite Felton. He nods to the DM. "Nice game Felton. This a one shot game, or you going to make a campaign of it?"
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Greg

Through the entirety of the game, Greg has sat indian style on the floor intently paying attention to the goings on. With his laptop open on the floor he furiously taps notes through the various encounters. When the group breaks after several hours of gaming, he stays seated and slips his black plastic framed glasses off and rubs the bridge of his nose.

When Benny calls from the kitchen, he looks up, "I'll take some water, thanks Ben." Cracking the bottle of water open when Benny returns, he nods at his comment, "Definately something that would be fun to draw out. For sure.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, this is pretty fun, I think Elza is starting to get the hang of it. Oh and bring me a Mountain Dew please, replies Christopher, after hearing everyone seems to want to keep things going.

Sure, I think I can stretch this game out longer
    Felton says, as he adjusts his notes and does some calculations.

After everyone has their drinks and sits back at the table, Felton flips the dimmer switch and begins to get back into the game. But suddenly a thud on the door causes some to jump, and everyone to turn their attention to the door.

Umm, what was that? asks Felton

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

Elza Walker

Looking up from erasing something elseon her character sheet, the girl present looks from Felton to Chris.

"Um... are we missing anyone?"
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Benny

Benny shrugs and gets up. He walks over to the window and peeks out.

Spoiler
    Show

Spot (1d20+2)[7]

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Since its night outside and the overhead light in front of the door has been blown out for two weeks, its really dark and you really can’t see much of anything.

we didn’t order pizza did we? oh well, lets see whats up.

With that Felton gets up and steps around Benny and answers the door.

As soon as the door is opened a little bit, it swings wide. A man wearing a T-shirt and jeans is on his knees, he’s bleeding profusely from his neck. He groans something unintelligible and falls forward on his face. Bleeding all over the floor.

Felton jumps back out of the way of the door with a start. An OMYGOD escapes his lips as everyone stairs blankly at the injured person.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Benny

Benny jumps back in shock. He looks over at Felton, then out the door, then back. He glances at the others, then back at the man. "I think he's dead...we should call 911..."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

Elza Walker

"Oh Jesus... Who is he? The cyclist gives Chris a worried look, but after looking at the corpse, her nerve is nearly shot and she goes to get the phone. "What could've done that?!

11. - Top - End - #11
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Greg

Jumping up at the sight of the corpse, Greg scrambles to get his stuff together and back into his bag. Starting to tremble at the gastly image, he shakily pulls his phone out and dials 9-1-1.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

The corps shifts and makes a gurgling moan, uttering something along the lines of “help me”. Apparently he’s not dead yet.

Oh my god, this is Bill! Quick, call an ambulance, he’s one of my neighbors!”

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Benny

Benny rushes over to see if he can help the man. He tries to calm them both down. "Don't worry, the others are calling right now. Let's get him inside where it's warmer."

Spoiler
    Show

So, um, is this even still going? Or is it just me and the GM? Guys? Don't make me face the zombie hordes alone!
    Last edited by Ipphli; 2008-10-18 at 11:21 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

[ooc] still waiting on other people to post. I might have to PM people and see what's up. I'm trying to be a bit patient but if nobody responds by say Wednesday, then I may reopen recruiting and restart.[/ooc]

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

(I'm still here; the weekend's been a little hectic after someone broke into my car and left a mess. They missed my CDs and wallet miraculously)

Elza Walker

Likewise, ignorant of the redundancy, Elza tries to get 911 on the line, glancing back to her friends and the dead or dying man.

"You'd better lock the door behind you, we don't know what or who could have done this..."

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Looks like its time to open recruitment. Can't believe people didn't even make an OP for a game they signed up for *tsktsk*