New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Mighty Creatures IC Thread

(like desolate as in, dead land, or just, no smaller tribes?)
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Asmodeus View Post
    (like desolate as in, dead land, or just, no smaller tribes?)
    (Desert area. Tribal spirits are trying to curse the tribe. The effect is a desert area around you land, but not in it.)

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

Jackie

Jackie taught the apes how to make larger shelters to accommodate more apes, and how to treat animals well so they last longer, and provide more food in different ways.

Jackie attempted to contact the spirits of the land, to see if they could be reasoned with.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Zanwar

Zanwar appeared above the Sharp Tooth tribe's village in all his glory. He roared out to them. "The Black-tail tribe is now under MY protection! To attack them will be the same as trying to attack me! I give you this one chance to worship me, or be destroyed!"
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ipphli View Post
    Zanwar

Zanwar appeared above the Sharp Tooth tribe's village in all his glory. He roared out to them. "The Black-tail tribe is now under MY protection! To attack them will be the same as trying to attack me! I give you this one chance to worship me, or be destroyed!"
    The High Shaman attempts to speak with you. He motions with his hand for a chance to speak.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Zanwar

"Speak, and I shall hear you worm."

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Zanwar

"Speak, and I shall hear you worm."
    "We may be worms, but we are under tyranny. The gods make us to enslave surrounding clans for their flesh to be consumed. Before our masters enslaved us, we were children in another world, and brought here in this land with no way to survive. We unwittingly signed a pact with our slavers to serve them in return for prosperity. Thus we are contrlled through magic to do their bidding."

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Zanwar

Zanwar smiles evilly. "If I free you, will you follow me?" After hearing their answer, Zanwar turns his attention towards finding these other gods.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Zanwar

Zanwar smiles evilly. "If I free you, will you follow me?" After hearing their answer, Zanwar turns his attention towards finding these other gods.
    A voice answers... "I am here." A massive demon appears. "I am Loon. Lord of Ireland. I see you have met my naive slaves."

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

Jackie

With the Jungle Spirits protection he seeks to further expand his tribe, and he begins to teach them how to better survive in the desert. He moves to conquer another small tribe, and he spreads word into the minds of other tribes about his own, whetting their knowledge so they will seek him out, and join his growing tribe.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Asmodeus View Post
    Jackie

With the Jungle Spirits protection he seeks to further expand his tribe, and he begins to teach them how to better survive in the desert. He moves to conquer another small tribe, and he spreads word into the minds of other tribes about his own, whetting their knowledge so they will seek him out, and join his growing tribe.
    Soon, over 200,000 people join Jackie's small empire. Everyone within many miles evacuate. It will require more effort to convert more followers.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Zanwar

Zanwar smiles a toothy grin at the demon. "Greetings Loon. I am Zanwar, and I have claimed the lizardfolk of my own. Leave now, and I will let you live. Otherwise, you will die, and your people will be mine anyways."

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Zanwar

Zanwar smiles a toothy grin at the demon. "Greetings Loon. I am Zanwar, and I have claimed the lizardfolk of my own. Leave now, and I will let you live. Otherwise, you will die, and your people will be mine anyways."
    "Did you know there's a reason why you awoke in the Silver City?" He interjects.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

Zanwar

Zanwar looks at the demon curiously. "Oh? Do tell, by all means."

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Zanwar

Zanwar looks at the demon curiously. "Oh? Do tell, by all means."
    "You must let these people of Earth be my slaves forever, or I will not tell you."

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Zanwar

Zanwar thinks for a moment, then shrugs. He then unleashes a huge cone of fire at the demon as he launches himself at it, ripping into it with tooth and claw.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Zanwar

Zanwar thinks for a moment, then shrugs. He then unleashes a huge cone of fire at the demon as he launches himself at it, ripping into it with tooth and claw.

The fire blinds the creature known as Loon, though it does not burn him... He attempts to shield his eyes, but Zanwar tears through Loon, taking off the fake skin covering the lich. Loon staggars back. "You are not gods of the Earth. What were you doing in the Silver City?" He appears more confused than hurt. Zanwar crushes Loon's skull, but he feels that Loon is still a threat.

The Town of Loon is full of greatful witchdoctors. (You've gained the limit I think you should have of followers now. You have 3,000 witchdoctors in addition to the other followers.)
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2008-10-07 at 10:33 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Zanwar

With the combined might of the Sharp Tooth and Black-tail tribes, Zanwar's followers quickly take over the other smaller tribes in their area. Pleased with their success, he teaches them how to domesticate their prey to make it easier to feed their people. He also teaches them to create nets out of vines to help them catch more fish.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground

Nomothete

The Herald of Patterns waits, and watches.

So, they would stake out their claim among the minor tribes, would they? Well, if they would just have perspective ...

To the line that he had already drawn, he added another; one that bisected it midway through, moving at right angles, and then looked down, into the little towns and farmsteads, each expanding at their perfect rates of √speed. How perfect.

The next time any Chro-Magnon, Neanderthal, Lizardman, or indeed any sapient being slept, they would hear a voice:

Behold! You who previously have known only the poor, dark world of speech come into a new light. Know this, mortals; you now know the art of the written word, a system of logic and patterns but also great beauty - for it is in this art that true power lies, for in understanding the patterns between our worlds, and enstoning those patterns, you may understand it.

They would wake all knowing the same written language, and have a nagging desire to draw spirals, or see them in the world around them.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm guessing that simultaneously teaching everyone the same written language would be a major act, no?
    constantly the worst - voted 4th most valuable arts & entertainment brand in Crying Girl magazine - banned from everything - never a good post m,- sucks

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by First Speaker View Post
    Nomothete

The Herald of Patterns waits, and watches.

So, they would stake out their claim among the minor tribes, would they? Well, if they would just have perspective ...

To the line that he had already drawn, he added another; one that bisected it midway through, moving at right angles, and then looked down, into the little towns and farmsteads, each expanding at their perfect rates of √speed. How perfect.

The next time any Chro-Magnon, Neanderthal, Lizardman, or indeed any sapient being slept, they would hear a voice:

Behold! You who previously have known only the poor, dark world of speech come into a new light. Know this, mortals; you now know the art of the written word, a system of logic and patterns but also great beauty - for it is in this art that true power lies, for in understanding the patterns between our worlds, and enstoning those patterns, you may understand it.

They would wake all knowing the same written language, and have a nagging desire to draw spirals, or see them in the world around them.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm guessing that simultaneously teaching everyone the same written language would be a major act, no?
    Yes.... OOC: Yes it is.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateCaptain

(My first encounter was Luni choosing his 'speaker', since Luni doesn't want to manifest himself at this time. Also, everyone else seems to building up their 'tribes' but I feel Luni wouldn't want this, his only goal would be to make people go insane, we wouldn't bother helping people, although he'd let them advance on their own. He's a chaotic evil God, to use the D&D alignment. That said I'd like to 'influence' the other God's 'tribes' rather than just stick to the one I'm with for now, since insanity is a universal thing.)

Luni

Luni watched as Nomothete gave his 'people' language and written words and shrugged. He decided to show the world his power as well. Summoning his strength, he effectively made everyone blind for 3 days. On the third day he spoke to the mortals.

'Isn't this most fun? With nothing to see with, all you can do is see into yourselves. Do you like what you see? It's amazing, no?' *Haha, hehe* 'I am Luni!' *Again, he throws confetti and bows* 'What? No applause? Bah! Whenever you feel your mind is slipping away from you, it is me you should thank! Worship me and I may show pity on you. I may.' And with that, Luni lifted the blindness (not affecting those that were already blind) and returned to the celestial plane.
    I drew this line myself

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Wela and Keno

When Wela awoke, she felt alone. Then she turned on her side and found a turtle of great size. She greeted him and he greeted her. His name was Keno. While he may have been a newborn, just like her, he seemed much wiser and reminded the girl of an old man. Thus, she called him Old Keno, the Patient Spirit. Keno suspected that he and Wela shared the same soul, but he said nothing. Wela walked to the edge of the plane and saw the world for the first time. It seemed so vast and beautiful. Keno asked if she was interested in visting the planet below. Wela nodded. The Old Turtle took Wela on his back and traveled to the material plane.

Wela and Keno approached a tribe of Cro-Magnon. The girl watched them for some time before revealing herself and her companion.

"Greetings children of the planet. My name is Wela. I am the First Spirit and this is my friend, Old Keno. I am here to teach you and help you acheive a life of fulfillment and happiness."

She noticed that Cro-Magnon died from disease. The first step she took was to teach some of the men and women of the tribe how to cure illness of the body and the mind. They were the first witchdoctors.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Omnik View Post
    Wela and Keno

When Wela awoke, she felt alone. Then she turned on her side and found a turtle of great size. She greeted him and he greeted her. His name was Keno. While he may have been a newborn, just like her, he seemed much wiser and reminded the girl of an old man. Thus, she called him Old Keno, the Patient Spirit. Keno suspected that he and Wela shared the same soul, but he said nothing. Wela walked to the edge of the plane and saw the world for the first time. It seemed so vast and beautiful. Keno asked if she was interested in visting the planet below. Wela nodded. The Old Turtle took Wela on his back and traveled to the material plane.

Wela and Keno approached a tribe of Cro-Magnon. The girl watched them for some time before revealing herself and her companion.

"Greetings children of the planet. My name is Wela. I am the First Spirit and this is my friend, Old Keno. I am here to teach you and help you acheive a life of fulfillment and happiness."

She noticed that Cro-Magnon died from disease. The first step she took was to teach some of the men and women of the tribe how to cure illness of the body and the mind. They were the first witchdoctors.
    "The tribe notices that the people gain in health.." (By the way, the gods, for now, can only grant up to 6th level spells. They can tutor characters to have up to 9th level, but 13th level characters to level 20's are considered epic now. Some of your witchdoctors have developed the power to wild shape.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Ytgf

Yhyuhg went to the world and went to a tribe of the primitive humans. "You look boring. Dull even. Yes very dull and boring. It'd make me fall asleep just looking at you."

Gfyhg7xvc yawned with his 7847 mouths. "What you need is to be able to cast magic. You want to cast magic, yes? Yes, of course you do."

Trfyt, god of chaos started to teach his tribe the art of magic.

(You can call him the Everchanging)

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Armin View Post
    "The tribe notices that the people gain in health.." (By the way, the gods, for now, can only grant up to 6th level spells. They can tutor characters to have up to 9th level, but 13th level characters to level 20's are considered epic now. Some of your witchdoctors have developed the power to wild shape.
    Wela whispered to Keno:
    "This is so fun!"

Keno nodded with a smile.

Wela then studied the primitive society of the Cro-Magnon. She felt it could use a little more organization. So she introduced the concept of sexual division of labour into the tribe. She took the women aside while the men were gone hunting and taught them which berries, vegetables and fungi were edible.
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-10-08 at 08:56 AM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Demonking View Post
    Ytgf

Yhyuhg went to the world and went to a tribe of the primitive humans. "You look boring. Dull even. Yes very dull and boring. It'd make me fall asleep just looking at you."

Gfyhg7xvc yawned with his 7847 mouths. "What you need is to be able to cast magic. You want to cast magic, yes? Yes, of course you do."

Trfyt, god of chaos started to teach his tribe the art of magic.

(You can call him the Everchanging)
    The disturbed tribe of Yhyugh obediently began to learn... Strangely, they began to understand... It would take years before they would learn anything more significant than a fire ball, but for now they were exceptional.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Yghum

Jcnbv grinned as he saw the progress of his his pet tribe. He stayed with them, teaching them the magic. They were brilliant, amazing, astounding. Gone was the dull monotonicity now they were active and vibrant.

Sewkjn thought about something. He ran around and at random picked someone. Then, Gftrfd send the randomly picked mortal, to the home of the gods.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Barbarian in the Playground

While most gods descended (ascended? Certain perspectives were hard for Mort to discern) to investigate this new world, Mort simply looked down upon it. He saw mortal creatures be born, grow, live and die.
    And it was all so senseless.
    Why? the god wondered, frowning at this waste. What's their purpose on here? Their life are so meaningless, and short. When I don't pay attention for a few moments, whole tribes have died out. Why do they do that?
    Mort quickly shrugged it off, and he looked around, noticing he was still alone. He spoke out loud this time.
    "I'm the answer. I should remember that. It's my purpose to provide the answer.
    And without looking back at the mortal realm, he got to work.

Spoiler
    Show
    Craft Afterlife - (1d20)[20]
    Mort creates the afterlife! -1 Major miracle.
    I'll provide more info in the OOC thread soon. For now, you should think of it as a bit of an Ancient Greek/Roman afterlife: Everyone goes there after they die (unless they get stopped by some higher order) and everyone equally ends up there. (ie: No heaven/hell stuff)

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Bvcbv

Yjb sent a telepathic message to some of his fellow gods (any one who's on) chosing the ones they were going to at random. "hey, how's life? What ya doing?"

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Wela looked at the sky, a bit puzzled. Then she realized the voice was inside her head. She sent a reply to the Everchanging.

Hello? My name is Wela. I'm fine, thank you. I'm teaching my people the Cro-Magnon. Who am I speaking to?
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-10-08 at 09:52 AM.