New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Default Re: Mighty Creatures IC Thread

Jmbvmnyhgvc

Fdghnykjmngfc sent a message to Wela. "Yes, that's a good idea in years times our tribes will meet and flourish."

Mnbhb looked at Lupi with his 6543 eyes and shook his head. "Tribes for war are dull, dull, dull. Why don't we create a tribe that are quick to change emotions. They'll turmn to violence quick enough."

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Bialikk
    (OOC :
    Spoiler
    Show
    I will discuss with Baxter190 via PM. If something big comes out of it, one of us will post it on the board. For Ipphli, let's say Zanwar saw Bialikk when the bird was returning "home".

Bialikk was flying back to what he concidered his territory, still thinking about his discussion with Cale, when suddenly, a voice bursted in the air.
    "You! Wait! We should talk!"

The Father Bird slowed until he just hovered in the sky. He saw a reptilian creature approching. When the distance shortened, he recognize the eyes of Zanwar, the golden wyrm he met in the Hallowed Grounds.

"-Yes, we "should". Greatings, big snake.
    I saw you've taken good care of the scaly ones.
    Those mortals will grow strong, of that I'm convinced.
    So, what do you wanna talk of ?"
    Last edited by Johel; 2008-10-09 at 11:17 AM.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground

Jackie

Now that his people were fed and growing, he needed them to be properly prepared. And so he taught them to craft unique weapons of all sorts, and how to create ranged weapons, and better armors to protect themselves, but he realized they needed something... more. He traveled deep into the desert and extended his influence outward, looking for a solid material that could be used to forge weapons and armor that would be the envy of all the races.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

4. - Top - End - #94
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateCaptain

A grin spread across Luni's face. 'A most ingenious idea Mr. Everchanging. I have already exerted my power a short time ago, perhaps you could demonstrate your power over the squishy things.'
    I drew this line myself

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

Zanwar

Zanwar nods his head politely. "Greetings Bialikk. I thought to discuss what will happen in the skies in the times ahead. Already some of my followers fly through the air, and more will come later. I wanted your word that you would let them be. You, being a god of the air, could do them much harm if you so chose."
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Bialikk to Zanwar

"-I could but would not. Not as long as your people do not harm my priests, their families and their clans. I don't want to be enemy with my brothers and will help them if I can. But I made a deal with the mortals who trust in me."

"-But maybe you want more from me. If so, don't hesitate to tell me. I may refuse but I may accept as well."

(OOC : Sorry, Ipphly, I was writing when you posted)

Bialikk's Free Tribes

Mashlar Wind-walker glanced to the West as the Sun decreased. He had always liked this beautiful view over the plain, where the Free Tribes prospered since generations, living harsh but peaceful lifes.

But recently, this peace had been clouded. Oh, he was not the one who would curse it, as he, the Wielder of the Feather, was the one who beneficiated the most from the troubles. And after all, those troubles weren't that bad. Since Bialikk had made the deal with him and his companions, each of them had wandered the region, showing the gifts of the Father Bird, teaching His way and enjoying the respect of their fellow men. The respect and the admiration...and all the material advantages which go with them.

"-Come to bed, you'll get cold, honey."

The voice of Nuliah, his last mate, drew a smile on the face of the old man. He had met her recently but, as all the others before, she had immediately felt for the priest, despite the fact that Mashlar was more three time her age.

"-Thanks, my love but I'm fine. I'm use to it."
    "-Your travels, I guess."
    "-You guess well. I feel the need to look at the world one last time each day, before the light disappears. Who knows? I can die tonight. You're quite demanding for an old heart like mine. And if I must die, I want to see what my people achieved before leaving."

The arms of the young woman swing around the priest’s chest as Nuliah spoke.
    "-They have achieved a lot. My mother told me of our life before Bialikk came. We are not as smart as those other tribes the travelers speak of but we are braver, that I know. And thanks to you, we live well."
    "-You're too kind. I merely regulate the sky's mood."
    "-And that's already a lot. Even the land thanks you. It has become so generous with us that the tribes have stopped fighting among themselves for food as, because of this gentle weather, the beasts wait longer before leaving to the south, letting us hunt more than ever."
    "-Yeah, about that, we should be careful. I'm going to talk to the chiefs about it at the next meeting of the clans. We don't want to exhaust our supply of meat or to make the herds avoid this land."

Since he return from the mountain, twenty years ago, walking in the wind like the Air and Dust spirits, Mashlar had used the artifact well, making rain or making the snow melt when needed, heating or cooling the air when traveling among the tribes of the region. This helped the land to grow friendly in some ways; thought winter was still a harsh period.

Having enough resources for their basic needs and even more, the clans had stopped attacking each other, accepting to meet at each full moon and to speak, negotiate and even to exchange some items on a daily basis:
    Beast's hides, bone and stone tools, rare meats, medicinal herbs, river fish and even weapons. The knowledge, skill and craft from each tribe had strengthened every other who had something to give.

At the same time, the eight original priests had recruited followers and, as Bialikk's dogma was a simple one, those adepts had quickly learned and recruited students for them, so that the cult of Bialikk was now well established in every tribe. And he, Mashlar Wind-Walker, was seen as a god for what he had achieved through the Stone Feather.
    He was an example for his people. This thought made him smile as the sun disappeared behind the Hawk's Peak.

"-Yes, Father Bird, you didn't lie: I found happiness."
    "-What did you mutter?”
    "-Nothing, honey. Hé... Is it me or you've put up some weight?”
    "-It has been three months now. About time you notice it."
    "-Seems I will have to teach something to somebody, as He said."
    "-What?”
    "-Nothing... let's return inside. It's getting cold."

As he said that, the Wielder of the Feather cast a powerful South Wind to heat slightly his surroundings. Maybe he could settle here for a while.
    After all, he had still to honor the last command of his God.

(OOC : Last post for today. Just to sum up the situation)
    Last edited by Johel; 2008-10-09 at 05:03 PM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Bugbear in the Playground

It was several hours later when Varin had finished with the training of his new troops. They had learned well. Varin watched as the hundred or so new troops trained together, learned together, sweat together live together.

Varin could see that none of them really appreciated the feel of battle before they met him. The graceful movements, the adrenaline pounding through their veins.... Varin simply smiled and sighed, a peaceful, contented sigh.

He held up his lowest right hand, a sign for them to stop and listen. He motioned them to gather around him. He still stood a foot taller than the tallest of them. He gathered a breath, more for their sake than his, and began. "You have trained hard, and while it has only been a short time, I believe you are good warriors. I have a few more simply teachings to impart upon you:

Lead yourself and your tribe with honor and wisdom. Always strive to improve yourself, in every area, for that path leads to victory. Gather wisdom and knowledge, for they may lead to unexpected advantages. The business of other men is the business of other men, do not interfere unless they interfere with you. Treat all as equals unless they prove themselves otherwise. Obey your superiors, treat your inferiors with compassion. Gain for one is gain for all. Remember these, and spread them. Tell this to all, regardless of religion or species, my philosophy is simple: you improve yourself and others through combat and strife, and all stagnate when neither of those exist. Go forth, and spread my word.
    "

With that, Varin dissapeared, leaving the hundred men to spread his word. They do so quickly and effectively, traveling between different tribes, and spreading the combat techniques and dogma of Varin, God of Combat.
    RIP Gary Gygax, March 4th, 2008. May he roll 20's in heaven forever.
    RIP Dave Arneson, April 7th, 2009. He roleplays his way into our hearts.
    Avatar by Banjo1985, the Awesome.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by havocfett
    Quote Originally Posted by My self
    I'll throw in my hat as a Dwarf Warlord//Were-Dire Badger, going into Dwarven Defender and Deepwarden from Races of Stone. Is that cool?
    ...I'm not sure the vocabulary exists in the english language to express how much I approve of this concept.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Halna LeGavilk View Post
    It was several hours later when Varin had finished with the training of his new troops. They had learned well. Varin watched as the hundred or so new troops trained together, learned together, sweat together live together.

Varin could see that none of them really appreciated the feel of battle before they met him. The graceful movements, the adrenaline pounding through their veins.... Varin simply smiled and sighed, a peaceful, contented sigh.

He held up his lowest right hand, a sign for them to stop and listen. He motioned them to gather around him. He still stood a foot taller than the tallest of them. He gathered a breath, more for their sake than his, and began. "You have trained hard, and while it has only been a short time, I believe you are good warriors. I have a few more simply teachings to impart upon you:

Lead yourself and your tribe with honor and wisdom. Always strive to improve yourself, in every area, for that path leads to victory. Gather wisdom and knowledge, for they may lead to unexpected advantages. The business of other men is the business of other men, do not interfere unless they interfere with you. Treat all as equals unless they prove themselves otherwise. Obey your superiors, treat your inferiors with compassion. Gain for one is gain for all. Remember these, and spread them. Tell this to all, regardless of religion or species, my philosophy is simple: you improve yourself and others through combat and strife, and all stagnate when neither of those exist. Go forth, and spread my word.
    "

With that, Varin dissapeared, leaving the hundred men to spread his word. They do so quickly and effectively, traveling between different tribes, and spreading the combat techniques and dogma of Varin, God of Combat.

*New Rule, summarize important actions so I can see whats going on. I can catch for role playing later. As I am doing something important.: ) )

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Fmnbnnb

Artgy looked at the god and send smiled at him and went to the netherhendals. Once their Fujykhnb smiled at them and started to teach them "magic". The magic that Hbfvbvc taught them had minor powers. (prestidigitation) but gave them extreme mood swings.

(Taught neths how to cast prestidigation that gives them mood swings.)

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Varin had confused the Neanderthalic men. On one hand he appeared a benevolent god, and yet he encouraged the spread of war. Eventually, they had begun to have discussions to eachother about Varin. He became known as a dualist entity in the years to come.
    *New turn at 5 o'clock Arizona time.*(Probably 8 in New York, or 7.)So make sure to get your acts done.... Unless you want your acts carried over.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Armin View Post
    Varin had confused the Neanderthalic men. On one hand he appeared a benevolent god, and yet he encouraged the spread of war. Eventually, they had begun to have discussions to eachother about Varin. He became known as a dualist entity in the years to come.
    *New turn at 5 o'clock Arizona time.*(Probably 8 in New York, or 7.)So make sure to get your acts done.... Unless you want your acts carried over.
    ((It has been one week already? I may or may not have time to post before the end of the turn. How many major acts did I use?))

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

(O, I thought it was 5 days already.) :)

OOC: I don't think you used except one Act. You can tell me if you did though.

13. - Top - End - #103

Mort

While most gods worked on great plans, Mort still spent most of his time teaching his small private tribe, and he started to become quite fond of them. Every time he thought he knew everything about the simple creatures, he found out about another odd quirk of them. He showed the nomadic tribes the best spots to stay during the different seasons, and taught them how to build more permanent housings, and they eagerly listened.
    As time passed however, even the secluded tribe began to hear about other wonders in the world, and after chasing away a messenger mephit, Mort remembered that he wasn't the only one of his kind on this world. He opened his eyes to the rest of the world again, and was alarmed by the changing of the world. He realised that if he and his followers didn't want to be pushed aside or extinguished, his word would have to be spread, too.

The God returned to his tribe, and he called four Neanderthals to him. He was patricularily fond of these four, as they were talented, clever, and loyal to him.
    My dear friends, you all know that among your tribe, you are the closest to me. And you have probably also noticed that you have been alive for a long time fol much longer than any other of your tribe, while still staying young. And clever as you are, I wouldn't be surprised if you have found a connection between them. Yes, I have been expanding your lifespans.
    You are my link to your people. Whenever I teach or explain something to you four, it's never long before the rest of the tribe picks it up. Everytime I noticed your journey on to the Realm neared, I taught of somethin else I wanted to educate your people in, and I delayed that journey a little bit for my ease.
    And like you were my voice to your tribe, I want you to become my voice in the world. You must spread my word.

Mort paused for a second, and Gimble, the most clever of the four, spoke.
    But Lord, how do want us to do that? We might be educated in the magics you showed us, but we are still frail and mortal when we are not under your protection.

Mort smiled and he touched each of them on their chest.
    A good question, Gimble. But I had thought of that. I have imbued you with some of my power, delaying your End for as long as I want to. You will stay young and fit to do the task I've given you. And while you may think I'm far away from you, I'm never really here either. I will hear you everytime you call my name, and I'll be there.

Now that we're done with those details, I want each of you to take a part of my followers with you. We aren't with many, but you're with enough to survive. Go to other tribes, spread my words and wisdom there. The Realm will be filled with souls, and maybe I will meet you there.

The four Neanderthals were silent for a while. Then Gimble spoke again:
    But where do you want us to go?
    Mort grinned widely this time, something that he had never done before.
    You ask a lot of questions, Gimble. I like that in you. But I don't think I'll answer that question.
    ---

A year passed as the tribe prepared itself for the journey.
    The dawn before the start of their journeys, all of Mort's followers massed together. Their numbers had grown considerably over the year, with a good hundred of Neanderthals standing before Mort. Mort ensured his people that he would still watch over them even though he wouldn't be near them any more, and he gave them his blessing to distinguish them from all others. They would age slower, live longer, and their hair became white like his robes.

Then the Disciples of Mort left, each taking a quarter of the tribe with them, the cattle split in four equal shares as well.
    Lut, a strong and tough Neanderthal, took his part to the North.
    The quick-witted Jan went to the East.
    Kir, a powerful priest, left in Southern direction.
    This left the South to Gimble, the First Disciple.
    The Disciples spread their belief and culture over the land, and Mort was pleased. Now he knew that his people prospered, he could turn his attention to his fellow gods.

Spoiler
    Show

Whoo, long post. To summarize:
    Mort gets 4 of his most loyal followers (Probably 4 lvl7 clerics with the Death domain), uses a Major act to make them immortal (They don't age, and are incredibly tough to kill, if not impossible, unless another deity interferes) He orders them to take a part of his followers and spread his word. They prepare, and before they leave, he uses another Major Act to expand his people's lifespan (they age slower and are less vulnerable to diseases).
    Last edited by Mephit; 2008-10-10 at 02:11 PM.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Bialikk's Mephits
    Smichak screamed of rage and frustration as he came back to one of the cave he and his colleague shared when they weren't on mission for Bialikk. Fisbak's eyebrows rose as the Dust Mephit punched the rock before jumping around in pain, cursing those stupid Neanderthals.
    "-You met Neanderthals? The boss told you not to venture that far, don't he? And stop crying, it's not that painful."
    "-I KNOW !! But those stupid, hairy mortals are getting on my nerves. Like it wasn't enough to be thrown away each time we encounter a god!! Now, even these weaklings are making fun of me !!"
    "-Poor thing... You got beaten by a mere mortal? Did you forget not to get in a fistfight when you got magic ?"
    "-Really funny, man. This one was not a mortal. Well, it wasn't a god either. But it sure hit hard !! I nearly died, you know !!"
    "-We can't die, stupid. Merely be banished."
    "-Even worst!! Dust Plane is boring, you know."
    So, where was it ? Which tribe?
    "-An new one. But with its chief's reputation, it's growing fast. I thought that man could be interested and went to speak. You know, stuff as usual : I offered power and welfare, let him know Bialikk was kind of cool about whorship duties and all."
    "-...And then, he slammed the "door" ?"
    "-He slammed ME !! And his whole ape-f***er tribesmen threw rocks at me when laughing !!"
    The Dust Mephit began a long ranting of curse and insults against the Neanderthals. His colleague, calmer, analyzed the problem. A tribe led by a powerful mortal was coming? Yet, it was far away and it won't be a threat for the Wielder of the Feather... or at least it shouldn't.
    But Mashlar Wind-walker was old and, when he will die, strife will rise among the Free Tribes. It was necessary to find another wielder. And soon. Like right now. Fisbak the Air Mephit took of.
    "-If the boss call, tell him I have business to do with his clergy."
    "-What kind of business ?"
    "-The inheritance kind."

Spoiler
    Show
    Bialikk's Clergy is now organized. There are 3 Wielders of the Feather. The oldest is the actual Wielder while the 2 others are elected by the rest of the priests to succeed him. When one die, the clergy gather as many priests as possible at the next meeting of the clans to elect a successor, who has to be younger than the 2 remaining wielders. Nothing used here, maybe a minor act but, as my clerics were the only really unified body, it was not a surprise for them to get organized after 25 years of Happy Hippy Ride.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Bugbear in the Playground

Churnel

Spoiler
    Show

Ok, i just realized I may have missed an option, or left a detail out.

Major Acts
    1 - imbue race with magical powers
    2 - create artifact
    3 - create mythral like metal "heaven metal" is what I am calling it

Does teaching a race count as a Major Act? If so, I will change imbuing the race with magical powers as a Ceremony.

In any case I will need to create a wonder (and maybe do a ceremony)...I will wait for a response before I make an IC post.

16. - Top - End - #106

BardGuy

Cale

"I accept Bialikk. I was the first god to enter this realm from the vortex, and as such, I expect to be honored as the first god of this world. Have them honor me by praying at sun up, and by praying for thanks for the warmth when putting out a fire. Treat my people with freedom of religion, and we shall honor you with the same. Offer shelter and food when it is needed, and my people shall do the same. Encourage trade, and protection in war, and my people shall return the favor. Is it agreed?" replied Cale.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Bialikk to Cale

"-I wouldn't ask for more, brother !!! You can count on my word, those who bear your symbol will always be welcome in the Free Tribes. Only this praying-thing... well, they will thank you when putting out their fires and will also look at the rising sun every morning. But no prayer.

I'm their god, after all.
    Some might pray you out of their own will.
    But I can not ask them to do it and at the same time ask them to pray me.
    Sorry.

Spoiler
    Show
    As soon as he finish talking with Cale, then with Zanwar, Bialikk orders his Dust Mephit to go and speak with the priests to explain the deal he made with Cale.
    The Free Tribes honor the First God as a mighty being and pray the Father Bird as their tutor.
    Cale's people honor the Father Bird as a mighty being and pray the First God as THE god.
    Last edited by Johel; 2008-10-10 at 04:29 PM.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

A renegade witchdoctor of Zanwar's tribe has established himself as a ruler, in the central continent. Away from the island, this witch, named Dumazzi has a pact with Loon. Dumazzi is beginning to establish himself as Lord of the Silver City, as he is one of the only mortals in the entire planet as powerful as he is.

Jackie notices his tribe has experienced slightly higher death rates. This would not be so worrying except that they are all under mysterious circumstances. Investigation could lead to something important.(hint)

Undead have risen in Cale's territory. They are vampires. Although they have not fed yet, they could eventually cause the extermination of a good portion of all tribes in Cale's area. Action taken now could prevent deaths without killing the vampires. Some vampiric victims have told wisemen of Cale's tribe they are capable of sustaining themselves on certain kinds of cattle such as sheep.

Varin's tribe has conquered and over spread their territory. Six hundred thousand heavily militarized individuals have attracted many enemies. They are still the strongest in their region, but they face a long era of hunger. However, some have suggested a new agrarian life style for themselves. In addition, the warriors have domesticated canines.

19. - Top - End - #109

BardGuy

Cale

Looking down unto the lands of his people, Cale is disgusted to see the undead, vampires. But, as he studied the, he noticed a number of things, chief among them that they coudln't be exposed to sunlight without turning to ash, and that they could also become very useful. So, turing to his followers of them cro-magnum, he looked to his priests, and taught them how to summon sunlight, and how to cast a light in their fires that would repel the beings. He next taught them not to shun the victims, but instead to help them, and raise cattle for them to feed upon, allowing the victims to survive off the blood, while his follwers ate the what was left of the bovine. Finally,. he taught them how to cast a purifying light, that would heal them of diseases and when put over a wound, would heal them off a vampires bite, or other such diseases.

He told some of his followers that were taught the protection spells to go to the bird god's people, and teach them the spells to protect themselves. Finally, he sent the son of his great leader, a powerful priest, and one of his most powerful warriors to go unto the vampires, under hsi protection of the spells. When they came unto the vampires, they told them of Cale's message. If they were to honor Cale, he would protect them, and give them the blood of his enemies, and help them survive the sunlight.

Cale himself appears infront of Mort, and asks him, "Have you seen the undead in my land? You made a great afterlife, and yet there they are, still aliveafter their death? I have plans for them, but i do want to know what you fele about them,"
    Last edited by Baxter190; 2008-10-10 at 04:43 PM.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter190 View Post
    Cale

Looking down unto the lands of his people, Cale is disgusted to see the undead, vampires. But, as he studied the, he noticed a number of things, chief among them that they coudln't be exposed to sunlight without turning to ash, and that they could also become very useful. So, turing to his followers of them cro-magnum, he looked to his priests, and taught them how to summon sunlight, and how to cast a light in their fires that would repel the beings. He next taught them not to shun the victims, but instead to help them, and raise cattle for them to feed upon, allowing the victims to survive off the blood, while his follwers ate the what was left of the bovine. Finally,. he taught them how to cast a purifying light, that would heal them of diseases and when put over a wound, would heal them off a vampires bite, or other such diseases.

He told some of his followers that were taught the protection spells to go to the bird god's people, and teach them the spells to protect themselves. Finally, he sent the son of his great leader, a powerful priest, and one of his most powerful warriors to go unto the vampires, under hsi protection of the spells. When they came unto the vampires, they told them of Cale's message. If they were to honor Cale, he would protect them, and give them the blood of his enemies, and help them survive the sunlight.
    Some of them were merely created through a corpse and animated through the ectoplasmic energies. These were reluctant but said they would give in if promised that they would not be required to serve Cale, but would instead be given the right to sell themselves to him.

Others, such as the old men and women who were affected by necromantic energy, typically all responded that they would actually follow Cale if they could.

21. - Top - End - #111

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Armin View Post
    These were reluctant but said they would give in if promised that they would not be required to serve Cale, but would instead be given the right to sell themselves to him.
    OOC: What do you mean, sell themselves to him?
    Last edited by Baxter190; 2008-10-10 at 05:06 PM.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter190 View Post
    OOC: What do you mean, sell themselves to him?
    (mercenaries)

23. - Top - End - #113

BardGuy

Cale accepts

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Bialikk's Free Tribes

As soon as they heard about the undeads, many of the Father Bird's followers volonteered to mount a "crusade" against these abominations. Among them, lot's of youngs, hoping to explore the continent when hunting vampires. Armed with silex spears, stone axes and thick hides, 500 hunters departed, led by a high priest (10th level) and his 20 adepts (4th level).

Not as tolerant as Cale, the three Wielders decided that, should a vampire come in the Free Tribes's land, he was to be destroyed on sight, unless he was escorted by a Fire Priest.

At the same time, craftmen, as well as every women, began to make strange dreams about hot, soft and hand-make cloths. Some became obsessed by this idea and their obsession was fueled by Bialikk, as the Father Bird poored inspiration of workshop design in their heads every night. The massive wooled mountain sheep and goats, previously killed for meat and hide, were now approached kindly by the people.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Major act : gift of natural skill with weaving.
    Mountain goat here :
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...3px-Bounce.JPG
    Last edited by Johel; 2008-10-10 at 06:10 PM.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

Jackie

With the crude armor and weapons, and swelling numbers, Jackie sought to expand. His tribe prepared armies and tamed creatures to conquer more tribes. Jackie appeared to them, and he presented them with new strange weapons. There were two main types and other random sorts, mostly they were long shafts of wood tipped with a hard, cold, gray material that was made into a sharpened point, and a solid piece of the same material with two sharp edges and a more rounded but still sharp point, with a smaller round part at the bottom, wrapped in leather, to grip it. Jackie taught them how to wield these weapons. The apes also put their crude armors on their tamed animals.

The armies marched across the desert, heading for oasis's and other tribes that existed in and beyond the desert. With Jackie at their head.

(I provided them with crude swords and iron-tipped spears. I imagine this is, at least, a Major Act. After awhile I'll teach them to mine it.)
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-10-10 at 06:02 PM.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

26. - Top - End - #116

BardGuy

Cale

With the vampires now serving him, he branded the truely loyal marks with a symbol upon their left shoulder, a fireball. As for the sell swords, he marked their right arms when they served him, but the mark was removed when they no longer did. He gave the left marked vampires protection from the sunlight, and the right marked that worked for him protection as well, but no protection to those that refused to work for him. He followed it up, by giving them cattle to draw blood from, and teaching them how summon fireballs and call the wind ina manor unlike his priests, to use against their enemies. Cale next decreed that the left marked ones were his followers, and any that harmed them might as well have been harming his cro-magnum followers, and sent this out to the bird gods students as well as his own tribes. He then sent out his true sworn to scout out the outlying areas for colonization, and spy on any civilizations that may live nearby.

Spoiler
    Show

Summary:
    Branded Cale's loyal vampires, and taught the sell swords and loyals how to wield arcane magic, a much more violent form of magic.
    Last edited by Baxter190; 2008-10-10 at 06:25 PM.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Wela and Keno

Wela watched the evolution of the Turtle Tribe for a while. She saw that was good. They were already semi-sedentary. In a few generations, they would live in permanent settlements.

The tribesmen regularly made offerings to the spirits. To reward them, Wela gifted the women with increased fertility and taught a few selected individuals to make superior pottery.

(Ritual: Increased fertility.
    Experts (potters) )

28. - Top - End - #118

BardGuy

Cale

As he watched over his new followers, he noticed a cro-magnum tribe had become segregated, with men and women doing different work. Upon further inspection, Cale realized it was the work of another god. Appearing before the god responsible, Cale said, "Hello, I am Cale, the god of the Cro-magnum, Crafter of the sun, ruler of the vampires, master of the season of heat and fire, and god of fire. And you are?"

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Wela and Keno

The goddess turned her attention to the fiery spirit.

"Hello there. My name is Wela, the Prime Spirit. My friend here is Old Keno. I am a goddess of spirits, agriculture, hearth and home.

So you crafted the Sun? Really? That is some amazing work.

What are those so-called Vampires?"

30. - Top - End - #120

BardGuy

Cale

"Creatures of the night, undead. Most of them were once my followers, but now they all either worship me or work for me," Cale explained, then informing her how to tell the difference between the sell swords and the loyal ones. He then gave her the offer, "The cro-magnum worship you as well, in addition to me and Bialikk. I propose we form a pantheon, for them to worship. I originally claimed the cro-magnum as mine, and as such, I shall be the ruler. Bialekk shall be worship as the sky god, and the great teacher. You shall be worshipped as the community god, and the god of spirits. Deal?"