New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Mighty Creatures IC Thread

Cale

Cale soon became aware of the new god of order, and invited him to the meeting of the pantheon, feeling it would be good to talk with him before Jackie did.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter190 View Post
    Cale

Cale soon became aware of the new god of order, and invited him to the meeting of the pantheon, feeling it would be good to talk with him before Jackie did.
    A mysterious group emerges in the mountains north of the Federation and to the South of the Empire. Everyone among them has beards, except for the women. The creatures identify themselves as "dwarves". They bring secrets of mining, and they have developed iron weapons, and all of them arm themselves.

A large city of 20,000 is set up near the mountain. They bring new crafts of art, and trade between the city of Cale(shortened name.) and the new city called Darius. Dwarves have developed a culture off of an energy source they call Darius. Unknowingly, the dwarves have siphoned off power from Darius, not knowing that he is a supernatural being.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ettin in the Playground

Daruis
    Darius went to the meeting of the pantheon, and pay'd the proper respects to the mebers present before speaking.
    "Greetings, I'am Darius god of Judgement... I have been summouned here by a being that identified himself as Cale, and I'm honored to have been invited to this grand meeting of the higher beings."
    then as he felt the drain on his power his knees almost buckled.... This did not bode well... Why would his followers create such a drain on him? What ritual could they possibly be preforming. (Also the city isn't called Darius, its named by the inscription on the gate that means Stronghold of Judgement.)
    Last edited by Fan; 2008-10-11 at 07:42 PM.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by FF fanboy View Post
    Daruis
    Darius went to the meeting of the pantheon, and pay'd the proper respects to the mebers present before speaking.
    "Greetings, I'am Darius god of Judgement... I have been summouned here by a being that identified himself as Cale, and I'm honored to have been invited to this grand meeting of the higher beings."
    then as he felt the drain on his power his knees almost buckled.... This did not bode well... Why would his followers create such a drain on him? What ritual could they possibly be preforming. (Also the city isn't called Darius, its named by the inscription on the gate that means Stronghold of Judgement.)
    (OOC: Don't worry your not weakening. They only have adepts and low level mystics.)

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Armin View Post
    (OOC: Don't worry your not weakening. They only have adepts and low level mystics.)
    (Ah, so potential followers they are... bodes well for me then yes?))
    Forutantely for Darius the drain passed quickly.. as if it was never there at all.

6. - Top - End - #246

BardGuy

Cale

The pheonix's flying through the air around them, Cale told the them to leave them for now and go help some people, to which all of them complied, except the original, demi-god pheonix. Turning to the god of order, Cale then said, "Yes, well I felt it would be wise to talk with you before Jackie, the god of crime and war did. We are the Pantheon, and I am its leader, the first god, and the god of fire, the sun, and of Victory. To my left is Bialikk, the bird godof wind and earth, and to my right is Wela, the god of Spirit and community. And you are?"

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Cale

The pheonix's flying through the air around them, Cale told the them to leave them for now and go help some people, to which all of them complied, except the original, demi-god pheonix. Turning to the god of order, Cale then said, "Yes, well I felt it would be wise to talk with you before Jackie, the god of crime and war did. We are the Pantheon, and I am its leader, the first god, and the god of fire, the sun, and of Victory. To my left is Bialikk, the bird godof wind and earth, and to my right is Wela, the god of Spirit and community. And you are?"
    The newborn Pheonix creature appears beautifully. It moans with energy created from the gods. Apparently it needs rest.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ettin in the Playground

Cale

"I'am Darius god of Judgement, and the first father of The inveitables the enforcers of the Natural laws of the universe. It is a pleasure to meet with you all, and I'am glad that I have been warned of this "Jackie" this god of crime.... I don't think he would have been very glad to meet me after I found out his intentions."

9. - Top - End - #249

BardGuy

Cale

"Not many of us like him after we found out his intetions either. He has a great empire of apemen to the north, who gladly conquer all that stand in their path. He stole a number of sell-sword vampires away from me, and though I still retain all of my Loyal ones and a number of sell-swords, it is a matter of dicontent," informed Cale.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Wela (3d20)[36]

OOC: Just wait a second.

Wela discovers that all of her town is experiencing even greater growth with the Grove she has built. Her city is now larger than the capital, with over 85,000 inhabitants. The capital has grown almost as large, with 80,000 inhabitants. The people are asking that the Mighty Ones walk among them...
    (You can send avatars or aspects. Aspects work toward your interests as NPCs. Avatars will force you to lose power if they die. You can make either.)
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2008-10-11 at 08:04 PM.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Armin View Post
    Wela [roll0]

OOC: Just wait a second.

Wela discovers that all of her town is experiencing even greater growth with the Grove she has built. Her city is now larger than the capital, with over 85,000 inhabitants. The capital has grown almost as large, with 80,000 inhabitants. The people are asking that the Mighty Ones walk among them...
    (You can send avatars or aspects. Aspects work toward your interests as NPCs. Avatars will force you to lose power if they die. You can make either.)
    (I've named the city Kensoga.)

Wela heard the plea or her worshippers. Since Old Keno was the wisest being she knew, she decided to create an aspect in his image.
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-10-11 at 08:16 PM.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Omnik View Post
    (Do I choose the name of my city?)

Wela heard the plea or her worshippers. Since Old Keno was the wisest being she knew, she decided to create an aspect in his image.
    (Yeah, sure name it.)

OOC: The reason that I rolled was that I decided an energy surge full of Ether exploded. Wela, is the closest being to the Ether energy I know about, so she gets a bonus.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ettin in the Playground

Cale

"Not many of us like him after we found out his intetions either. He has a great empire of apemen to the north, who gladly conquer all that stand in their path. He stole a number of sell-sword vampires away from me, and though I still retain all of my Loyal ones and a number of sell-swords, it is a matter of dicontent," informed Cale.
    "If they honestly betrayed of their own free will then my inevitables will hunt them down eventually it is thier purpose, and veryday they kill the most vile criminals of the land. I also assure you that they have never failed in eleminating a target. Not once."

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by FF fanboy View Post
    "If they honestly betrayed of their own free will then my inevitables will hunt them down eventually it is thier purpose, and veryday they kill the most vile criminals of the land. I also assure you that they have never failed in eleminating a target. Not once."

"God of Justice, you may also have heard of Witches in the North. They are threatening the safety of our people. Perhaps yoi can assist us in the fight?"

Meanwhile, the people of Kensogan, Wela's capital city, built a multilevel mausoleum for the last in a line of great Guardians. (Guardian is the title given to the appointed governor of Kensoga.) It is located in a valley about a day's walk from the city. He was buried there with his most prized possessions. The bodies of dead family members were also moved inside the mausoleum.

(The Mausoleum is a wonder linked to Wela's spirit domain. I'm not sure about the bonus though...perhaps it appeases the spirits? Or it becomes a sacred site and gives additional prestige to the Welans? I don't know.)
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-10-17 at 02:02 PM.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ettin in the Playground

"Withes in the north you say? I'am unsure of their motives, and of the reason of their disputes.... Prechance we should try diplomacy before we go to all out war? It is after all better to fix a misunderstanding then to automaticly assume one if guilty of a crime."

16. - Top - End - #256
    Bugbear in the Playground

Varin, the six-handed god, appeared into the meeting quietly and spoke during a free pause. "I have a small solution to many of your problems. The army of my people is strong and powerful, a highly disciplined force of soldiers. They have bred great beasts of war, huge dogs. This is what I was going to propose before our last meeting was trampled upon by Jackie and Cale. I will defend Xiloscient from the apes and from the witches, as needed, in return for food and other supplies. It is either that, or I must join in with Jackie. I have little choice. My people need food, and quickly, too."

Varin sighed. "I... I do not like asking for help, but it is the only thing I can think of to help my people. So, in return for soldiers and beasts of war, my people gain food and supplies. Does this sound reasonable?"
    RIP Gary Gygax, March 4th, 2008. May he roll 20's in heaven forever.
    RIP Dave Arneson, April 7th, 2009. He roleplays his way into our hearts.
    Avatar by Banjo1985, the Awesome.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by havocfett
    Quote Originally Posted by My self
    I'll throw in my hat as a Dwarf Warlord//Were-Dire Badger, going into Dwarven Defender and Deepwarden from Races of Stone. Is that cool?
    ...I'm not sure the vocabulary exists in the english language to express how much I approve of this concept.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Bialikk to Varin

The Father Bird had kept quiet while Cale and Darius discussed. But now, as the six-armed god appeared and offered his people's service in exchange for mere food and goods, he had to speak.
    "-You realise that we have bad experience with mercenary, don't you ? I don't know much of you but my messengers told me of your followers. Most of them have the same spirit as the Apemen, they are conquerors.
    However, where Jackie ordered his people to care about food, you let them choose and think freely. And some chose well, as my messengers saw small farms and herds.

A god who want strife will never be my friend, Varin. But a god wise enough to allow his people freedom and initiative will have my respect and be worth a certain amount of trust.

Each of the Free Tribes will be advise by my clergy to give freely food to your marching warriors when they are on the Free Tribes lands.
    And the fishermongers will give a tenth of their production to the clergy, which will give it to the merchants who will eventually contact your people to sell them goods and food.
    If Cale agree to enlist your help, your people will have high discount thanks to that. Let's say they will pay in beasts. Your people shall live and, if they ally with Xiloscient, they will live well while keeping their martial traditions.

Bialikk's Free Tribes
    The elder of the Swordfish Clan looked puzzled as the priest of Bialikk spoke to him and his 11 children.
    "-My fish ? To you ?"
    "-Yes, that's the will of Bialikk. Or so his messengers told us. In exchange, the Father Bird ask us, his priests, to come with you at sea and watch over the winds.
    "-So, either I keep fishing hardly or I fish with you, get more fish but give away a tenth of it ? Sound like a good deal. You, Birdy's priests, aren't like those lazy holier-than-thou little guys who ask for tribute and dime. You actually give us something. And magic is something.
    Earing the fisherman call His Lord "Birdy" make the priest frown. Luni's influence, through not strong, was really everywhere.

Spoiler
    Show

1/10 of the fishery of my tribes are selled at low price to the tribes who whorship Varin, if those tribes have sent soldiers to support the Caleists army.

Also, the merchants, when in Neanderthals territory to sell goods and food, cought word of the festivals to honor Luni and of other customs. Some of them even get lost and found the Crystal Cavern...and went mad.

When back home, travelers told stories about the Mad God and how joyful his people are. Luni is not worshipped yet but people like him as "The prangster" and, once a year, small fool festivals are organized. Bialikk don't like it but do nothing to prevent it.
    Last edited by Johel; 2008-10-12 at 04:33 AM.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Halna LeGavilk View Post
    Varin, the six-handed god, appeared into the meeting quietly and spoke during a free pause. "I have a small solution to many of your problems. The army of my people is strong and powerful, a highly disciplined force of soldiers. They have bred great beasts of war, huge dogs. This is what I was going to propose before our last meeting was trampled upon by Jackie and Cale. I will defend Xiloscient from the apes and from the witches, as needed, in return for food and other supplies. It is either that, or I must join in with Jackie. I have little choice. My people need food, and quickly, too."

Varin sighed. "I... I do not like asking for help, but it is the only thing I can think of to help my people. So, in return for soldiers and beasts of war, my people gain food and supplies. Does this sound reasonable?"
    "this is indeed reasonable my freind. My people do not eat, so if I odered them to farm they would be able to devote their enitre crop to you. If this pleases you I would also like to devote some of my Maruts away from their usual duty, and hae them target the armies of the apemen. They will be immune to the spells of the Ape men, but not to that of your followers, so be awares that they may still be heale, and reapried even though they themselves have a very nice self restorative cycle hard wired into their strucure."

19. - Top - End - #259

Mort watched the vampires betray their employers and spreading over the world, and let out a string of curses. There was no chance that the other gods would allow him to cure the vampirism. While he thought over the matter, a message reached him.
    My Lord, Help!
    Within the blink of an eye, Mort had reached Kir, but he was too late to offer any help. Kir was standing in the desert, unharmed. Around him were bits of flesh and pieces of metal.
    What happened here?
    -I...I was interested into these magics after our conversation a few weeks ago, Lord. So I decided to try it, and then...that iron thing came...
    Mort picked up a piece, and looked back at Kir.
    I had told you to watch out with these arts, hadn't I?
    -I know. You were right.
    -Forget about that. We might end up having a lot more to do with it than I expected.
    And with that, Mort disappeared, taking the metal with him.

Mort hasted himself to the Realm of Souls, and there performed studies for a few days. When he showed himself to the world again, he knew a lot more about the nature of the vampire curse, and the magic that from that moment on would be called Necromancy.

Spoiler
    Show

For chronology again: Let's say this happened after Darius spoke to the pantheon.

Mort remembered the incident with the strange object, and he traced down the origin of the metal. He found a new god, and appeared in front of him. He held out the piece of metal he had picked up at Kir's tribe.
    Could you explain to me, he asked, what this is?

Spoiler
    Show
    Mort now has control over the UnDeath domain.
    Last edited by Mephit; 2008-10-12 at 08:52 AM.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Troll in the Playground

Jackie

Jackie's Ape tribe moved to greet the Dwarves in the mountain, they needed all the friends they could get, and such craftsmen seemed worthy allies indeed. Meanwhile he noticed that there were some attacks in his cities, some of his people were being killed. He set about finding the perpetrators of these acts, and when he found out that his loyal vampire followers were also being attacked, he began to understand. He strengthened his borders, and watched over the land, the next time one of these attacks occurred, he was there, and he destroyed the perpetrator. It was an odd iron creation, and Jackie studied it. Over time he stopped and destroyed more of the iron-things, and Jackie knew he needed assistance. Jackie took all of the iron-things, and gathered them together, he then used the skills he had learned forging the weapons for his people, and pieced them together, he gave them life once-more, but where before they were hunting down his people, now they would protect them, hunting down these intruders in groups, destroying them, and using the magic he had gifted them with to put them back together under his command.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

21. - Top - End - #261

PirateCaptain

Luni

Luni looked at the piece of metal Mort had showed him. 'Hmmm.... I'm not sure where it's come from, or exactly what it is. But what I can tell you is that it's very dangerous. Oh yes, very dangerous.' *hehe* 'To the mind that is!' *haha* 'Someone's gone to great lengths to create this and it's very bad for the squishy things minds. It may even explain why some of them have turned into dead squishy things. It's a shame I didn't think of this. Where did you find it?'
    I drew this line myself

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Bialikk's Free Tribes

As they explored the world and stretched the frontiers of the known world further and further away, the merchant clans of the Federation began to draw maps, collecting geographical informations from the natives of each region and make naval calculations to get an accured reference.

It was in the Year 36 of the Sun Calendar that those merchants and sailors presented to the Elected King the "first" complete worldmap. Though not exactly correct, it would provide good information to rulers and travelers. However, the inside of the lands were still a mystery, as the Apeman Empire was a dangerous area to go for Federation's merchants.

Spoiler
    Show

1 wonder : Early World Atlas. Free Tribes merchants know what's going on along the coast and up to 50km inside the lands. (buildings, people, politics, goods and ressources). They upgrade the Atlas on a regular basis.

Link to the maps on the OOC threads. Originals from Omnik. We still don't know what shape the world is but we know the shape of this continent and the position of the people who live on it.
    Last edited by Johel; 2008-10-12 at 08:23 AM.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Halna LeGavilk View Post

Wela smiled.

"Our two tribes live far from each other , but I will do what's in my power to help you. We have plenty of cereals, as well as other grains."

24. - Top - End - #264

BardGuy

Cale

"Varian, Darius, I have an offer. But first, I must call another god to join us to present him this same offer," said Cale, an idea glimmering in his eyes. With that said, he called out to Luni, and asked him to come back to the meeting. When Luni arrived, Cale turned his attention to the gods and said, "I wish for you three to join the pantheon, if my fellow gods would agree to it. Varian, you are wise, and have given your people wisdom and a choice. You wish what is best for your people, and I commend that. For that reason, I wish for you to join the pantheon. I would love for your people to join our army of vampire mage-warriors, and help us protect ourselves. Darius, you are a kind person, and have shown great knowledge in the short time since you have awoken. You can help protect our peoples freedoms. Luni, I invite you, because you exemplify freedom, and change, b it for god or bad. though I wish for you not to drive our people mad, I feel that you can help keep our people free and unfettered, as that could very well happen with a god of order with out a god of chaos. By uniting, we can make the pantheon, and the federation of Xiloscient ever better, not only having cro-magnums in it, but vampires, cromnums, and inevitables."

After he finished speaking, Cale became aware of a great forge being made inside of a mountain, a large fire being made to smelt ore to make various things. And using the forge were the dwarves. With a thought, he sent a The messenger who taught the cro-magnums horseback to be an emmisary of the pantheon, and invite the dwarves to join the Federation. That being done, Cale then said, "And, it appears, there is a new race that jackie is attempting to court to his side, the dwarves."

25. - Top - End - #265

PirateCaptain

Luni

Luni considered the God's proposal. 'I don't take sides sunshine. I'm as likely to help Jackie boy as I am you. But seeing as you asked so nicely...' *hehe* '...I shall give your people a slightly tamer madness, which allow them to be more... shall we say... creative.' *haha* 'As I said before, there might be side effects. The squishy thing's minds are so very fragile and even I'm not sure how everyone would react. Some may indeed be smarter. Others may become drooling idiots. But where would the fun be in a completely ordered society full of smart people?' *hehe* 'What do you think?'
    I drew this line myself

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Bialikk
    The offer was surprising but not really shocking. After all, Cale had always wanted unity and made no mystery of it. But Luni worried the Father Bird.

"-...Do you really want Luni to join us ? Darius or Varian, I don't really mind, but the Mad One ? He doesn't care for the federation, for the empire or for anything except his own entertainement. He's already corrupted some of my followers, who though he was...funny ?

Varian's people are mainly Neanderthals but the few Cromagnons praying him means that, for me, he can join the Pantheon if he want it. Of course, if Varian want to remain free of any oath, we can just be good neighbours.

For Darius... I don't really know. You stay our leader, Cale, but you know my opinion about formal laws and order. I won't pronounce myself on this matter. Wela ? What do you think ?"

Spoiler
    Show
    I don't think it would be fair to ally against Jackie. The poor god already has to manage a huge empire, to face the witch city-states and to watch his southern border against three gods. To add more would just be overkill and would force the GM (Armin) to help him through Deus Ex Machina.
    Last edited by Johel; 2008-10-12 at 10:37 AM.

27. - Top - End - #267

BardGuy

Cale

Turning to the bird god, Cale responded, "I know how you feel about formal laws, and thats exactly why I invited Luni. I felt that they would balance out each other." Then, turning towards Luni, Cale softly said, "I am sorry Luni, but I cannot accept your gift unless your part of the pantheon."

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Johel View Post
    Bialikk
    The offer was surprising but not really shocking. After all, Cale had always wanted unity and made no mystery of it. But Luni worried the Father Bird.

"-...Do you really want Luni to join us ? Darius or Varian, I don't really mind, but the Mad One ? He doesn't care for the federation, for the empire or for anything except his own entertainement. He's already corrupted some of my followers, who though he was...funny ?

Varian's people are mainly Neanderthals but the few Cromagnons praying him means that, for me, he can join the Pantheon if he want it. Of course, if Varian want to remain free of any oath, we can just be good neighbours.

For Darius... I don't really know. You stay our leader, Cale, but you know my opinion about formal laws and order. I won't pronounce myself on this matter. Wela ? What do you think ?"
    Wela and Keno

"Once again, I must agree with the Father Bird. I don't mind Varin joining, seeing as his people have already an alliance with Xiloscient. However, I think the Federation is big enough as it is. Bialikk is a god of freedom, we have no need for Luni. No offense intended, Mad God. And while I trust you, Darius, I find your inevitables...unnerving. I also believe they wouldn't worship any other god than you.

The Apemen are busy fighting the Witches to the North. We don't need to be aggressive. If they do invade our lands one day, they will hit a wall, so to speak. But this day hasn't arrived."
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-10-12 at 10:44 AM.

29. - Top - End - #269

BardGuy

Cale

"Well then, my fellow gods of the pantheon have spoken. I am sorry Darius and Luni that the two of you are not allowed to join, though I wish to encourage trade and by friends with the two of you. Darius, I suggest you look into the matter of the dwarves, they are being courted by jackie, and share the land with your inevitibles. However, Varian, the offer for you to join stands," said Cale, with an air of finallity.

30. - Top - End - #270

PirateCaptain

Luni

Unfortunately Luni didn't take the rejection so well this time. 'You shall rue the day you rejected madness!' He roared. And with that, Luni (using a Major Act) made about 1/10 of each of the panthelon God's (not including Darius and Varian) population double over in fear, for inside their heads were loud and disturbing screams and shouting. They could not hear the outside world, only the voices inside their heads. 'Perhaps Jackie boy will be nicer to me!' And with that, Luni left the meeting.

Spoiler
    Show
    I must point out that although that was rather mean it wasn't aimed at you personally, I'm just RPing the unpredictable and unstable nature of Luni. Also I figured Jackie would need at least some form of advantage, even if it was a small one.
    Last edited by Blockhead; 2008-10-12 at 11:01 AM.
    I drew this line myself