New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Gods of a New Star [IC2]

Then I guess Baldier himself will have to intervene again.
    seeing that although every single location of the core spreads of evil had been destoryed, or purified Badlier beign a god himself iwll use his immsense Psionic powers to find the REAL soruce of this evil, and hopefully destroy it.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

Gargax sneers at his father, his tongue flicking in an out, the horns growing slowly, almost imperceptibly. The Gods of Good play their hands while I prepare my forces to strike at their soft bellies. I slowly taint their lands and the minds of their people, and when I strike it will be with a force the gods of this land cannot be prepared for, it will leave me to collect what power of theirs is left and move on to the Pantheon!

His sneer turned into a grimace of disgust. Oh don't fool yourself! My people are no cowards, when war called them they answered gladly, willing to throw themselves into the fray! But it was not to be, and now my only ally is gone, and the other gods are arrayed against me. I must tread carefully, a skill you seem to have never learned. You say my people are cowards, when they are in fact in a way wiser than you. How would you propose I go about ruling this world then? Send my armies fruitlessly against the forces of the other gods who will no doubt unite against me? How did that work out for you father, where did your grand ideals of conquest land you? No, my people prepare the land and the peoples for their conquest, but they watch whose toes they step on. I tread on thin ice, and you would have me charge over it in armor and steel boots!!

---

Gargax/Sesketh

As the demon-worshipers died, their bodies became undead, and the tentacles thrust themselves into the earth, spreading corruption. Where the corruption spread, cracks appeared, and more vermin and the souls of the corrupted dead flowed forth, until there was an area of corruption and tentacles like weird flowing trees came up from the earth, but it stopped in a perfect circle around the portal.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-10-27 at 07:59 PM.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

3. - Top - End - #273
    Barbarian in the Playground

The disembodied voice of Alrinach spoke to Gargax as the god watched the bodies of the demon worshippers rise.

"Gargax, what precisely are you doing?"
    Last edited by Virgo; 2008-10-27 at 08:03 PM.
    Fantastic avatar of Alrinach, God of Law, provided by Qwernt!

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ettin in the Playground

((MAN am I glad all my followers except for a twelth of my millitary is currently on my home plane were I would most liekyl beat SSketh into a pulp :P/)
    After the forcs were destoryed by the PURIFYING forces of the Archons (Pure side of the Kalla, dark templar represent the dark, or negative side of the Kalla. Isn't it nice to be prepared by Fluff?)
    They then began to incenirate the bodies into ash before heading back to their home plane, and of coruse knowing that the Gods of ryceak, and their allies weren't above illusions, or shapechanging they had a anti illusion/ magic (Psionics are immune to anti magic, but super natural abs aren't.) clearing before they would be let into the series of check points that was the gates of Auir, and Shakuras.

5. - Top - End - #275

Ikassi

The serpent-Ikassi sped towards the reforming asteroid, she shouted to Sradinus.

Though I do like to be flattered, now is not the time, Saradinus.

She dove into the reforming debris, knocking the asteroid back apart before it could fully reform. Some of the smaller bits she vaporized with a jet of plasma. However, it was far too laborious to attempt to do that to the entire asteroid in the vacuum of the void.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Saradinus

Saradinus attacked the Asteroid with another powerful Holy Word attack combined with his white magic and his Ring.... He blasted an incantation into the asteroid to sanctify it and overcome its evil aura.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

A wave of pure grief hit Ikassi and Saradinus. Then the asteroid reformed in an instant. However, it didn't move closer to the planet, it floated there, in the Void. A colossal black, rotting heart.

When Saradinus cast his holy word, a terrifying scream rocked the heavens. Shadow creatures appeared on the surface of the asteroid, while some more emerged from its numerous cavities.

And the gods understood everything. The asteroid was all that remained of an ancient god turned mad by pain and sorrow. It WAS his heart. The corruption of his body was comparable to that of the Tainted Coast, on Ryceak.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

His people, victorious with their encounter against the cultists, with the aid of the strange portal and the vermin, returned to their refuge. Cyrus, however, did not. He disliked this corruption, especially since it was so close to his own people, and inside HIS territory. And so he exerted his divine will and closed the portal, and then snuffed out every last vermin and corrupt soul that still lingered.
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Omnik View Post
    A wave of pure grief hit Ikassi and Saradinus. Then the asteroid reformed in an instant. However, it didn't move closer to the planet, it floated there, in the Void. A colossal black, rotting heart.

When Saradinus cast his holy word, a terrifying scream rocked the heavens. Shadow creatures appeared on the surface of the asteroid, while some more emerged from its numerous cavities.

And the gods understood everything. The asteroid was all that remained of an ancient god turned mad by pain and sorrow. It WAS his heart. The corruption of his body was comparable to that of the Tainted Coast, on Ryceak.
    "Baldier, should I attempt to put this thing in peace? Perhaps I can send it away..."

10. - Top - End - #280
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax/Sesketh

The portal refused to close, and as Cyrus tried, a horrible renching scream rocked through his mind, so loud it sounded as if something in his very soul screeched at him. MONSTER, STOP YOUR MURDER!!! MY CHILDREN AIDED YOU, AND YOU DESTROY THEM!?!? MONSTER! MONSTER! MONSTER!!!

11. - Top - End - #281

Ikassi looked at the heart. If she had not experienced her mortal feelings she would have been ill prepared to face the thing. She struck up a a sad melody in an attempt to communicate with the thing.

While she did so she looked at Saradinus with a look that made it clear that this thing, pitiful as it was, may still have to be removed.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

Cyrus gritted his teeth as he looked about him. "Your children? These vermin are making their home in MY domain. If you wish them to live, then they may retreat back through this portal before I close it. And I will close it; you cannot stop me here. I have given your children enough leeway. Count yourself lucky I did not kill them when they first reared their heads within my domain."

13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Saradinus
    Saradinus used the power of his ring to send more sanctifying power into the heart. This force of love, thrice great Saradinus enchanted a light over the heart attempting to soothe it and bring it relief.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax/Sesketh

Gargax/Sesketh Screamed in a clacking screeching noise straight into Cyrus's mind, YES, MY CHILDREN! THEY LIVE WHERE THEY ARE BORN! IS THIS NOT THE WAY OF ALL THINGS!?! YOU TRULY DO NOT TRULY UNDERSTAND A PORTAL, IT EXISTS IN TWO PLACES! IT IS AS MUCH UNDER MY CONTROL AS YOURS! YOU HAVE AN UGLY SOUL, YOU ARE A MONSTER! YOU DON'T CARE FOR ANY BUT YOUR OWN! YOU WILL PAY FOR MURDERING MY CHILDREN, WHO CAME TO AID YOU, TO AID THIS WORLD. WE TOO HAVE GIVEN YOU LEEWAY MONSTER, YOUR ACTIONS DO NOT SPEAK WELL FOR THE FUTURE OF SUCH CONCESSIONS!!
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-10-27 at 09:44 PM.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

Cyrus smirks. "I never realized you felt so strongly about things. You show much heart for a lich. Although I must confess, I'm a little confused as to why you call me monster. I killed a few, non-sentient beings. You sent soul-sucking entities into my realm! Now you tell me who is the monster, hmm? I think we are about even now. Now remove your portal, or I will force it closed. And to think I used to truly count you a brother Gargax."
    Last edited by Ipphli; 2008-10-27 at 09:53 PM.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax/Sesketh

Cyrus could barely perceive a sneer in the mental screeches of Gargax/Sesketh YOU ARE NO MAGICIAN CYRUS. STICK TO YOUR CRAFTS, AND DO NOT PRESUME TO TELL ME HOW PORTALS WORK. TO CLOSE THAT PORTAL YOU WOULD NEED TO CLOSE IT ON THIS SIDE AS WELL... AND I CONTROL ALL HERE! YOU SAY THERE WERE NO INTELLIGENTS THAT YOU KILLED, TELL ME, DID YOU EVEN ATTEMPT TO CHECK BEFORE YOU DESTROYED THEM!?!? NO, YOU DID NOT. A LARGE NUMBER OF THEM WERE MERELY CREATURES IT IS TRUE, BUT THOSE OF INTELLIGENCE DWELLED IN THEIR NUMBER, A GREAT NUMBER OF SENTIENTS, AND YOU MURDERED THEM FOR THE CRIME OF SULLYING YOUR LANDS IN AN ATTEMPT TO AID YOU! I LAUGH AT YOUR PATHETIC ATTEMPTS AT SELF-RIGHTEOUS DENIAL! I GAVE ALL OF MY CREATIONS FREE WILL, THOSE THAT CAME INTO YOUR REALM, AND SOUGHT TO HELP ITS PEOPLE AS WELL AS THEMSELVES, ACTED ON THEIR OWN, WITH NO DIRECTION OF MY OWN! YOU HISS LIES THROUGH YOUR TEETH, YOU LIE TO ME AND YOURSELF!! YOU KNOW THE TRUE NATURE OF MY SONS WHO CAME TO YOUR REALM, AND THEIR ACTIONS DID NOTHING TO DESERVE THE SLAUGHTER YOU BRING TO CREATURES OF MY ILK MERELY FOR BEING BORN OF MY INTENT! AND THAT IS WHY YOU ARE A MONSTER! YOU PROFESS TO BE GOOD, BUT YOU ARE A BIASED AND UNJUST JUDGE, DESTROYING ALL THAT DOES NOT CONFORM TO YOUR VIEWS! DO NOT TRY TO DENY MY WORDS, YOU KNOW I SPEAK AT LEAST SOME TRUTH!

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Legions of shades and other creatures born of darkness lept at the two gods in orbit. At the same time, a barrage of evil spells was directed at them (divine empowered Blasphemy, Dispel Good, Eyebite and other vile spells).

-----------------------

A number of innocents died during the battles opposing the protoss and the warlocks. The entire technological city of Abraxys was razed. Several dozen ogres, dwarves and minotaurs were also killed, buried under solid rock. All those are slowly being raised as undead.
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-10-27 at 10:09 PM.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

Cyrus laughs as he shrugs. "Perhaps you do. But at least I have never tried to hide what I am. I have never professed good or evil. I have not tried to hide who or what I am. And while we are admitting to our faults, what of yours? You create creatures that are made to consume souls and set them loose on the world, and then claim to be innocent when they do so. You might as well claim you fired a gun into a crowd and claim you did not mean to kill anyone."

Cyrus sighs and shakes his head. "And while I may not practice your wizardry Gargax, I do possess a magic of my own. Now remove this portal. I am threw trading insults with you. Obviously your little foray back into the mortal shell has changed you. Once we were friends and allies, or so I thought. A shame really. I will miss your companionship in the days to come Gargax."

Cyrus turns towards his children that fell in the battle. Quickly he summons their souls to himself in order to try and prevent them from being raised.
    Last edited by Ipphli; 2008-10-27 at 10:10 PM.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Legions of shades and other creatures born of darkness lept at the two gods in orbit. At the same time, a barrage of evil spells was directed at them (divine empowered Blasphemy, Dispel Good, Eyebite and other vile spells).
    Saradinus
    The light from Saradinus transformed him into a radiant dragon... This prismatic dragon breathed a combined force of the magic(prismatic breath) with sanctified breath(good) and the strength of Saradinus'es mystic fire(dragon domain) were increased by his ring, which now shown on Saradinus as a ring on one of his draconic fingers.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Saradinus was severly wounded in the process. The touch of the shadow creatures affected the very essence of the Dragon God. The creatures weren't even really there, it seemed. They were nothing more than an expansion of the dead god's mind.

However, the light of Saradinus and Ikassi's plasma eventually pierced the darkness and hit the surface of the "heart". The Shades vanished instantly. The asteroid was still there, fixed in space...

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ettin in the Playground

Balider had been distracted with earthly matters when something cmae to him
    ""I KNOW WHO IS THE SOURCE OF THE METEOR, AND THE ONE WHO DRAWS IT TO US EVEN NOW! FOLLOW ME!"
    The god of stealth will plummet towards earth, and in the process he will use some of his speed, and a minor act to RIP a portal open in the sky this portal will be towards The Marble reaches... Hopefully the other gods will follow.
    ((I have this on good research, and a few not os sublte hints from Omnik... Alnirach IS the cospirator.)

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Saradinus was severly wounded in the process. The touch of the shadow creatures affected the very essence of the Dragon God. The creatures weren't even really there, it seemed. They were nothing more than an expansion of the dead god's mind.

However, the light of Saradinus and Ikassi's plasma eventually pierced the darkness and hit the surface of the "heart". The Shades vanished instantly. The asteroid was still there, fixed in space...
    Still regenerating himself, this time from his Liife domain, he at the same time used the Ring to keep sanctifying in an attempt to bring peace to the flying heart.

23. - Top - End - #293

Ikassi

The spells hit Ikassi but it seemed they fizzled before they came close enough. The shades, however, did reach her. As they attacked, she sang a song of disruption so as to slow them down and to rip apart the others who got too close. As she shot another breath of plasma at the thing, she called to Saradinus.

forget trying to reason with the thing. Follow Baldier, I can handle myself.
    Last edited by Smiley_; 2008-10-27 at 10:30 PM.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax/Sesketh

A head protrudes from the shadows, it does not put forth into Cyrus's realm, but he can see the silhoutte of a humanoid head, and it shook it's head sadly. You still do not understand. I am not the Gargax you know, in more ways than one. I am a being created by his mind, but one of three personalities that inhabit this body. The being you know yet faces a crisis of the mind, that I cannot aid him in. But know this, We who are Gargax have never professed to be faultless, indeed from the very beginning we have spoken of our aims and views, and you accepted us then. We created creatures who COULD devour souls, and we created them to be free and do as they willed. There were many different paths, and he who ventured into your realm took one of the most benevolent of them, taking upon himself the souls and ambitions of his flock, and making their betterment his own. He and all the Silver Nobles were changed by this contact. In the beginning he came to deceive and corrupt 'tis true, but his experiences, as with all creatures, have changed him. Were you to create a race that could summon great golems, and they used this ability to destroy towns of other cities because you gave them the choice to do so, I would not blame you. That you teach them right from wrong, and let them on their path speaks of character. I did not make the Changed to do anything, I merely created them so that they would be, and I could observe them and that they could choose their own path. This may seem selfish to you, but it is far less the evil than you blindly possess We who are Gargax put forth.

You cannot possibly understand what I am going through, what I am, and what Gargax endures, and I do not ask you to. I ask that you try and be open minded. A closed mind is a mind that is never free to learn, and shuts out all attempts to enlighten it. You will never learn if you look at the world that way, and you will never better your people if you teach them to be as your are. So no, we are not even, you owe me for the murder, yes willful and spiteful murder of the sentients who had come to help you. I who is Gargax but not Gargax will never forget this travesty.
    The portal closed and the essence faded, but the corruption lingered, and Cyrus could not heal it fully, but he could not figure why.

Deep within the earth however, tentacles squirmed through the dirt, and vermin crawled about. Prepared.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-10-27 at 10:38 PM.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Um, there's only two gods with you at the moment FF. You'll have to inform the rest of us if you want more help.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

It was a MINOR ACT to braodcast this Illphi... I think everyone, and their mother heard it.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Saradinus flew towards the gate Baldier opened..... After he had blasted at the heart with more sanctifying power. He wondered what this could be. It may have been a summons from the Wyrm.

28. - Top - End - #298

Alrinach

Alrinach paced in his throne room, and looked casually at the ceiling as a portal opened. He allowed it to dialate from nothingness, and welcomed gods into his realm. He was, after all, the Lord of Portals; if it became a problem, it would snuff out like a candle.

The Septer of Alrinach appeared in one hand, and the Sentirynth appeared and writhed around his shoulders, a pure black sheet that vibrated with malice.

Alrinach sat on his throne and awaited his guests.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Saradinus

"Friend Alrinach, have you conspired with an enemy to bring the Heart of Darkness to the land?"
    Saradinus appeared to be curious rather than angry. Something was different about Saradinus... It was as if he was a shadow of his former self.
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2008-10-27 at 11:16 PM.

30. - Top - End - #300

Alrinach

Alrinach remained seated, but raised an amused eyebrow.

"Baldier certainly seems to think so. Pray tell, Protoss God, how you came to that conclusion."