New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: Gods of a New Star [IC2]

Quote Originally Posted by Armin View Post
    "Thank you oh, Balance. Now, how may I gain in strength." Asking for a DvR here... like Saradinus. "The Wyrm has given power to Alrinach... so what must I do to protect my people from his anger?"
    "The Ryceans and their demonic agents are the ones blocking the path to power. Once they are dealt with, you will find a new strength in yourself, and no one will ever stop you again...unless the Balance tips too much in the favor of Good. Then, the Balance will have to be restored again."

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Omnik View Post
    "You are right...Me. But maybe we did things wrong. Maybe, by trying to become one with the planet, we only escaped our duties. Maybe it's impossible for us...for me to become the new Voice of the Planet. Let's get back to the world as Ikassi, once we have dealt with some of our issues..."

More images of the Old World and life under Sesketh's rule flooded the mind of the Earth Mother.
    Ikassi struck her doppelganger with her severed arm.

Do you not understand? No you are nothing more than an obstacle, whispering things into my ear. I have done what I could as a god, given my people a the ability to live without me. I cannot protect this world as I was. I was unable to protect the Twilight City. Now, the world is poisoned, slowly dying from the inside...rotting. What of the primal spirits? All will be for naught unless I can do this.

If you do not mind, get out of my way.

Her eyes glinted, what she had remembered had only placed within her a new resolve to finish what she had started.

3. - Top - End - #33

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Asmodeus View Post
    Gargax

Gargax responded with a smile Yes I hear he did, as for Alrinach, my debt to him will have to wait, I hope he feels the same...
    Alrinach's voice cut in, crystal clear again, his dilemma of faith put off by this surprising arrival.

"Debts will be paid. It is Law's way. But it seems that greater threats assault our shores, Lord Skeleton. I am content to wait, if you are."
    Fantastic avatar of Alrinach, God of Law, provided by Qwernt!

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

(What power are you talking about? The power to make Nemerensis into a full deity?)
    (I thoght Alrinach got a full divine rank)

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Armin View Post
    (I thoght Alrinach got a full divine rank)
    (For himself? No. He's as powerful as you are. You all have a divine rank (around 6 at the moment, so you are considered Lesser Deities outside your realm).)

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley_ View Post
    Ikassi struck her doppelganger with her severed arm.

Do you not understand? No you are nothing more than an obstacle, whispering things into my ear. I have done what I could as a god, given my people a the ability to live without me. I cannot protect this world as I was. I was unable to protect the Twilight City. Now, the world is poisoned, slowly dying from the inside...rotting. What of the primal spirits? All will be for naught unless I can do this.

If you do not mind, get out of my way.

Her eyes glinted, what she had remembered had only placed within her a new resolve to finish what she had started.
    The other Ikassi hit her back.

"What have you done? What have I done? I failed you and you failed me!"

The "doppleganger" faded into nothingness, as did Ikassi's material body. She was nothing more than a ghost. As she wandered in the dark space, she came upon a scrying pool. Looking inside the pool, she saw the ruins of a myrmici settlement, still smoking from a demonic attack. The victims numbered in the thousands. Set held the lifeless body of Otako in his arms.

Set: Why? WHY? Weren't we prepared? Weren't the Myrmici a strong people? Maybe the Earth Mother was wrong...maybe we weren't ready. Why did she left us so quickly?

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Asmodeus View Post
    Gargax

A portal appeared above Shilliax, and through it Gargax appeared, though he was careful to keep himself from mortal sight. He looked at the city and the temples to his son and took in stride. He was still their true god, and they would follow him like they did before, and besides Ocogoiks had always been one of his favored... but he banished such thoughts, they were unimportant now, Ocogoiks would cede his regency with Gargax's return, and they now had the blessings of the Changed prince as well.

Gargax appeared in his throne-room, where only non-mortals were allowed. He sat on his Throne, a large ornate affair. He had to admit to spending little time here, as he was always busy, but right now he could truly appreciate it. The Throne-room was truly vast, arches of bones, and stone, with images of death and necromancy everywhere. He would need to add some things, but for now it was fitting. At his hip, instead of the dagger he usually had was a long curved scimitar, intricately crafted and finely edged like no other.

Behind him stood four Arbiters, powerful beings that now served him utterly. Gargax grinned, his return was indeed glorious. He sat up, his Arbiters stood to attention, staring sternly forward, and Gargax spoke into the minds of all the gods I Have Returned. I am More than I once was, the efforts of Alrinach were in vain. Once more I rise from the graves of betrayal to take my place as lord and god of these lands. Make no mistake, I AM returned, I AM A god, and I will brook no more betrayals.

He sat back and waited, sipping from his Chalice as his medallion burned brightly on his chest. He thought to himself. Whatever happened to my old god, Barin, I never found out if he was really dead. Ah well, I can always go back and find out later... or perhaps... someone else knows... and he looked inward, toward the one he knew would be waiting.

(I'm moving this here, my return shall be the herald and first post of the new thread )
    Words echoed in the mind of the Ancient Lich. Words that seem to come from the unholy scimitar, but also from deep within himself.

"My child...I can't anssswer you with certainty. However, Barin was quite resourceful. If another god ssssurvived the destruction of the Old World Order, it was Him."
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-10-09 at 10:57 AM.

8. - Top - End - #38

The other Ikassi hit her back.

"What have you done? What have I done? I failed you and you failed me!"

The "doppleganger" faded into nothingness, as did Ikassi's material body. She was nothing more than a ghost. As she wandered in the dark space, she came upon a scrying pool. Looking inside the pool, she saw the ruins of a myrmici settlement, still smoking from a demonic attack. The victims numbered in the thousands. Set held the lifeless body of Otako in his arms.

Set: Why? WHY? Weren't we prepared? Weren't the Myrmici a strong people? Maybe the Earth Mother was wrong...maybe we weren't ready. Why did she leave us so quickly?
    Ikassi froze for a moment, and then began to percieve something wrong. Why had the Myrmici stayed so long in one place? Their settlements were always moving. They knew how to disappear into a land and become one with the desert. The sand worm attacks were so frequent that they had no other choice.

And Set and Otako? This was strange. Set, as childish and perhaps stupid as he was would never give up hope.

She started laughing.

Is this all the forces in this void can do? Place illusions in front of me? I made a promise, and I intend to keep it!

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Ikassi froze for a moment, and then began to percieve something wrong. Why had the Myrmici stayed so long in one place? Their settlements were always moving. They knew how to disappear into a land and become one with the desert. The sand worm attacks were so frequent that they had no other choice.

And Set and Otako? This was strange. Set, as childish and perhaps stupid as he was would never give up hope.

She started laughing.

Is this all the forces in this void can do? Place illusions in front of me? I made a promise, and I intend to keep it!
    The scrying pool instantly vanished. The world was gone. She was all alone...until a ghostly visage appeared in front of her. The floating head belonged to an orange-skinned hobgoblin.

"You are strong. Stronger than we thought. No matter. Go! Become the Voice of the Planet! It will be nothing but a mild inconvenience to us. You will never match the power of the unified Pantheon."

10. - Top - End - #40

The scrying pool instantly vanished. The world was gone. She was all alone...until a ghostly visage appeared in front of her. The floating head belonged to an orange-skinned hobgoblin.

"You are strong. Stronger than we thought. No matter. Go! Become the Voice of the Planet! It will be nothing but a mild inconvenience to us. You will never match the power of the unified Pantheon."
    Ikassi spoke calmly

You delude yourself, thinking you understand my motives. Do you think that this "unified pantheon" will be the only power in the universe? Wherever there is a power, there is a resisting force, though where it comes from may not be immediately clear.

Ikassi let her feelings and being stretch out through the void, continually expanding into the endless reaches fo the space.

I am sorry, but was there anything else you wanted to do, or did you just come to taunt me?

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Ikassi spoke calmly

You delude yourself, thinking you understand my motives. Do you think that this "unified pantheon" will be the only power in the universe? Wherever there is a power, there is a resisting force, though where it comes from may not be immediately clear.

Ikassi let her feelings and being stretch out through the void, continually expanding into the endless reaches fo the space.

I am sorry, but was there anything else you wanted to do, or did you just come to taunt me?
    The floating head simply dissolved.

Ikassi noticed a doorway which, obviously, wasn't there before.

((Once you enter, you fulfill all the requirements and become one with the planet. You can describe it like you want.))

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

(Reposted for FF Fanboy's sake.)

To Baldier

When the protoss landed on one of the large islands composing the frozen archipelago, they noticed tall ivory towers in the distance. There seemed to be at least one tower per island, at the base of which stood a fortified village.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ettin in the Playground

The Protoss expedition being well prepared for the weather, and having brought anti cold vehicles set out to meet with the peoples at the abse of each tower.

14. - Top - End - #44

The floating head simply dissolved.

Ikassi noticed a doorway which, obviously, wasn't there before.

((Once you enter, you fulfill all the requirements and become one with the planet. You can describe it like you want.))
    Ikassi stepped through the portal and was engulfed in a blinding, white light.

It was dark and warm. Ikassi felt the comforting pressure around her. Everything was quiet and good. Something felt wrong however. She stirred, and felt the earth shift around her. There was something that she was supposed to do. Up, yes, that was it. She forced her way though the planet's mantle and crust.

The sunlight was a shock at first, when all was dark, but not distressing. Gazing around, she saw a crumbling structure of shiny metal. Occasionally, it would whistle in the breeze, but otherwise remained silent. Shifting her gaze across the horizon, she percieved others, both mortal and immortal, yet unlike her somehow. She felt as if there was a particularly annoying rash... somewhere... was it on her? No, It was north. Why north, she did not fully understand.

She manifested into physical form. Those who saw her mortal or imortal, had never seen her in this particular form before. What they saw was what looked like a huge caterpillar that seemed to be made of flesh and stone. In the front of where the head would be, there was a large, circular, red ruby that served as an "eye". The most striking feature was the bright red shaggy mane that ran down her back. What looked like hundreds of legs skittered underneath, propelling her massive body forward.

She loved the feel of the sand beneath her many legs and the feeling of the breeze through her mane. She reached a body of water. This she simply dove into and crawled along the bottom. The water was cold and felt much different than the dry air of the desert, but it was not unpleasant.

Then, the stench filled her nostrils. There was decay for miles around and what looked like a mountain in incredibly sorry shape in the center. She wanted to go on her way, but a nagging feeling kept her from moving on...
    ((This, of course being the area where Adun used his doom device))

She dug into the center and started casting her senses about. The smell was not coming from the air, but rather the soil itself. A new feeling gripped her, and she opened her mouth and began shoveling the blighted soil into her maw. Rhather than swallowing it, she chewed it a while until the foul taste was gone, and spat it out. The stuff tasted awful, but for some reason, she knew it had to be done.

((OOC: What has happened is that Ikassi's oath has become her being. She does not remember her "promise" is the same sense and therefore cannot break it. She also does not have a grasp of concepts like "her land" or "her people" any longer.

What she does remember is everything else. The names of all the other gods, what happened during the trials, and whatever else she knew before.))
    Last edited by Smiley_; 2008-10-10 at 08:18 AM.

15. - Top - End - #45

Alrinach

As the stone caterpillar purified the soil in the crater, Alrinach watch from Alomarra. It was, after all, the city closest to the former Palace, and his people had been keeping an eye out.

He manifested on the edge and stared down at the preplexing sight, recognizing the ruby that acted as an eye for the powerful beast.

"Ikassi?"

16. - Top - End - #46

Ikassi

Upon hearing her name, Ikassi stopped moving for a while. She spat out what was in her mouth and climbed up to the ridge upon which Alrinach stood.

She stared at him with that deep, unblinking single eye.

Alrinach?

She sounded somewhat unsure.

She then released a contented hum. It did not sound anything like the Spire that had once stand in the desert. It was clear and melodious rather than confused and chaotic.

Have you ever died, Alrinach? Have you ever been gripped by insanity, only to be later torn away from it when it has become the center of your being? Maybe not...

Something seemed fundamentally different about her. She sounded and moved like the old Ikassi, though it seemed like her years of experience had been stripped from her while the knowledge from that experience had been left behind.
    Last edited by Smiley_; 2008-10-10 at 07:41 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47

Alrinach looked mildly unsettled.

"I... No. My recent crisis of faith has been averted. A creature known as The Balance visited my sanctum and spoke to me. She said the Rycean Gods were a threat to the balance of good an evil. I was going to speak with the other gods when you drew my attention."

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Cellis

Watching the bodies in the valley suffer from the strange reality there, Cellis altered them to be attuned to it. The change affected all the ensi bodies as well, giving all the affected creatures an aura of life and growth, as well as true mastery of life, to alter other things almost instantaneously and with little cost.

Taking the relic, and using all his remaining power, he smashed it onto an ancient oak, and dispersed its and his power throughout all life, and receiving more power over it in exchange.

Appearing next to Ikassi and Alrinach he spoke why is t every time we meet something new, it tries to kill us? anyway, I'm able to help you if you want to damage them. several Enlightened are on the borders of their territory, wearing a coat of a fungus that can spread miles in less than a week.

Enlightened

The Enlightened continue spreading to whatever squares are unoccupied and adjacent to them(sorry images not working, computer screwy) and colonizing them.

the Enlightened at the border of Rycek lands send out a massive telepathic burst, touching the minds of everyone within a days walk Where is the Guide?
    Spoiler
    Show

1 major act to make all bodies in the Valley and all ensi-bodies outsiders
    2 and a relic to increase power over life domain
    Last edited by puppyavenger; 2008-10-10 at 08:56 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

19. - Top - End - #49

Alrinach adds nothing, but waves a hand, shielding the area from the eyes of the Ryceans. Old World gods can still see and participate.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah... Protoss have flamethrowers, and have advanced to Vietnam War era..... The space ship luanch has been scheduled, and the Ship built. Itself is powered by the energies of aa complex network of crystals that work together to provide 10003 kilo joules per second in eletrcial energy (random star wars number.) to power the ships drives that allow it to fly through the atmosphere.
    (((Choose your emmisaries to the moon everybody! I have choosen my new hero diety Shakun Amakirr.)

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll pick an ensi-body in bone-craft armor, covered in the superfungus, with a variety of life forms living in it, and since he's one of my outsiders he's immortal, super-strong fast etc. and gives of an aura of life and positive energy.
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by puppyavenger View Post
    I'll pick an ensi-body in bone-craft armor, covered in the superfungus, with a variety of life forms living in it, and since he's one of my outsiders he's immortal, super-strong fast etc. and gives of an aura of life and positive energy.
    ((Wow... man am i glad i have flame throwers, and super powerful Twilight archons.... *makes a note to prepare extra fire*)))
    Here is the ship.
    Spoiler
    Show

double spoiler for outrageous size
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #53

((Hetrimont will drop by when it's not having tea and cheese with Leiff.))

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by FF fanboy View Post
    The Protoss expedition being well prepared for the weather, and having brought anti cold vehicles set out to meet with the peoples at the abse of each tower.
    Much to their surprise, the Protoss don't need anti-cold technology within 10km of the Tower. The whole area is covered in grasslands and has a temperate climate. In the vicinity of the village, the fields are used for cultivating crops and for livestock. The natives are definitely human and their technology outdated (in fact, it's medieval). The fortifications are crude. Their homes are made of blocks of turf with thatched roofs.

However, as they get closer and try to detect any hostile intentions in their thoughts, they find that the minds of those humans are really difficult to penetrate. They all seem psychic in some way, some of them even rivaling with the Protoss.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground

the leader of the expedition will take an honor gaurd of a single Archon before heading out to meet with the natives his hands held up in the universal sign of peace.
    "Entaro Freinds. We are the Protoss, and have come from the continent from the south. We bring an offering of food, and wine in exchange for a nights stay if your customs premit it."

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The humans looked at the Archon with awe. None dared approach until a fair-haired woman stepped in and reassured the peasants. She wore a wool coat, boots and a tall headress. An elegant blade seemingly forged out of starmetal laid at her side.

"Entaro friends... We are not used to receiving guests. However, we are honoured to have visitors from the distant south and we will certainly offer you rooms for the night. The climate is harsh outside."

The woman headed for the village.

"Where are my manners...I didn't even tell you my name. I am Anaka, guardian of the Flame."
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-10-10 at 11:36 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57

Quote Originally Posted by Virgo View Post
    Alrinach looked mildly unsettled.

"I... No. My recent crisis of faith has been averted. A creature known as The Balance visited my sanctum and spoke to me. She said the Rycean Gods were a threat to the balance of good an evil. I was going to speak with the other gods when you drew my attention."
    Hmmm...Pity

It was not certain whether she was remarking the Rycean situation or Alrinach's inability to understand these new feelings she felt. She resumed purifying the land.

If you have not noticed, things have changed. I will not be able to attend the summit this time. Tell me how it goes.

----

The myrmici sent a single Earthbound hailing from the ashlands south of the desert to the protoss spaceship.
    Last edited by Smiley_; 2008-10-10 at 11:36 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ettin in the Playground

The humans looked at the Archon with awe. None dared approach until a fair-haired woman stepped in and reassured the peasants. She wore a wool coat, boots and a tall headress. An elegant blade seemingly forged out of starmetal laid at her side.

"Entaro friends... We are not used to receiving guests. However, we are honoured to have visitors from the distant south and we will certainly offer you rooms for the night. The climate is harsh outside."

The woman headed for the village.

"Where are my manners...I didn't even tell you my name. I am Anaka, guardian of the Flame."
    Th Protoss nodded to his honor gaurd of the huge Archon who went to his side, and relaxed slightly his field of lightning dispersing to the point of tolerablity.
    "Many thanks Anaka, but if I may ask why is the climate so much better near the tower than away from it? Magic prehaps, or a powerful artifact made by the god you worship?"

29. - Top - End - #59

Alrinach shrugged.

"It is no inconvenience to hold it here, sister, while you continue your work."

He nodded at Cellis, and spoke to All the Gods of the Old World, maintaining the ward against the Ryceans.

"My fellows, to my side. It seems that if the Wyrm is the most apparent evil, it is a necessary one. The Rycean Pantheon, though, is the malignancy, which together we may purge."

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by FF fanboy View Post
    Th Protoss nodded to his honor gaurd of the huge Archon who went to his side, and relaxed slightly his field of lightning dispersing to the point of tolerablity.
    "Many thanks Anaka, but if I may ask why is the climate so much better near the tower than away from it? Magic prehaps, or a powerful artifact made by the god you worship?"
    "It is a gift from our god. We make sure that the Sacred Flame never dies out, because if it does, we believe God will punish us and take away our belove land. "

The workers in town, much like the peasants in the fields, seemed to be using psychic powers unconsciously. The power flowed into their body and the humans suddenly became stronger, quicker and more skilled in their craft. They were simple people, obviously not trained in any discipline.

The Protoss leader noticed several oddities. First, every metal tool and weapon appeared to be made from an alloy of steel and starmetal. Second, the humans owned a few pieces of advanced technology, such as magitech rifles and steam engines, even a traction engine! They also made use of golems in the fields and in the forge.