New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Gods of a New Star [IC2]

Quote Originally Posted by Virgo View Post
    Alrinach shrugged.

"It is no inconvenience to hold it here, sister, while you continue your work."

He nodded at Cellis, and spoke to All the Gods of the Old World, maintaining the ward against the Ryceans.

"My fellows, to my side. It seems that if the Wyrm is the most apparent evil, it is a necessary one. The Rycean Pantheon, though, is the malignancy, which together we may purge."
    Ikassi halted again.

Sister? Hmmm.... Perhaps before, you could call me that.

Ikassi Died. However, I am Ikassi. Strange isn't it, how that can be. I can no longer be called your sister, for I am no longer like you.

I am sorry, Alrinach.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

Gargax crafted another two Arbiters in the likeness of the four that stood vigil behind his throne. They were not as powerful, but they would serve their purpose. The Enxirex sent an immortal, but not undead, Ensirex, old and powerful, to the expedition of the Protoss. The Ensirex, Zetoa, arrived with the two Arbiters standing behind him, eyes blazing. Zetoa spoke, but he spoke with his mind to the Protoss I am Zetoa, I come as the representative of the Ensirex to this expedition, these are my bodyguards he gestured to the Arbiters.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

3. - Top - End - #63

Alrinach looked down at the great centipede and sighed.

"We were, I suppose, never the most similar. But, Voice, will you aid us?"
    Fantastic avatar of Alrinach, God of Law, provided by Qwernt!

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Omnik View Post
    "It is a gift from our god. We make sure that the Sacred Flame never dies out, because if it does, we believe God will punish us and take away our belove land. "

The workers in town, much like the peasants in the fields, seemed to be using psychic powers unconsciously. The power flowed into their body and the humans suddenly became stronger, quicker and more skilled in their craft. They were simple people, obviously not trained in any discipline.

The Protoss leader noticed several oddities. First, every metal tool and weapon appeared to be made from an alloy of steel and starmetal. Second, the humans owned a few pieces of advanced technology, such as magitech rifles and steam engines, even a traction engine! They also made use of golems in the fields and in the forge.
    The Protoss found this not quite so odd while these people were advanced in comaprison to the other peoples of the world they were still almost nothing in comaprison to some of the weapons that the Protoss mass produced on the assembly lines, and it was always good to find another psionic race. He hoped they could become good freinds.
    "I see. So the sacred flame is what gives this land its power? We have a similar thing where I come from it is known as the Twilight crystal... It empowers us, and sends us to new feats of ingenuity, and for those aroudn it it gives them a huge burst of inspiration. The crytal itself, and our own gods guidance are the reason we have been able to traverse the seas. I find that we may have more in common then one would guess at first sight, and I hope our societies can become great allies Annaka."

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by FF fanboy View Post
    The Protoss found this not quite so odd while these people were advanced in comaprison to the other peoples of the world they were still almost nothing in comaprison to some of the weapons that the Protoss mass produced on the assembly lines, and it was always good to find another psionic race. He hoped they could become good freinds.
    "I see. So the sacred flame is what gives this land its power? We have a similar thing where I come from it is known as the Twilight crystal... It empowers us, and sends us to new feats of ingenuity, and for those aroudn it it gives them a huge burst of inspiration. The crytal itself, and our own gods guidance are the reason we have been able to traverse the seas. I find that we may have more in common then one would guess at first sight, and I hope our societies can become great allies Annaka."
    The high priestess invited the emissaries inside the mansion, built right at the base of the hill supporting the Ivory Tower. The mansion was modest, but homey.

"We will hold a feast in your honor. Though I'm not sure if your friend (meaning the Archon) eats at all..."

Anaka sat down in the lounge.

"You are right. Our survival is certainly tied to the Sacred Flame. I am somewhat surprised to learn that you have something similar. I don't think we worship the same god, since ours is said to live right here, in the Spire. He communicates with us from time to time, by the way of messengers. The messengers are like the golems working in the village, only sentient.

Does your god talk to you too? I wonder if he ever met ours..."

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ettin in the Playground

The high priestess invited the emissaries inside the mansion, built right at the base of the hill supporting the Ivory Tower. The mansion was modest, but homey.

"We will hold a feast in your honor. Though I'm not sure if your friend (meaning the Archon) eats at all..."

Anaka sat down in the lounge.

"You are right. Our survival is certainly tied to the Sacred Flame. I am somewhat surprised to learn that you have something similar. I don't think we worship the same god, since ours is said to live right here, in the Spire. He communicates with us from time to time, by the way of messengers. The messengers are like the golems working in the village, only sentient.

Does your god talk to you too? I wonder if he ever met ours..."
    The Protoss nods, and will accept whatever is placed in front of him.
    "Baldier does indeed speak with us, but as of late it has only been in the guise of a mortal, or in avatar form due to some new being that has been assulting our lands for quite a long time."

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The Protoss nods, and will accept whatever is placed in front of him.
    "Baldier does indeed speak with us, but as of late it has only been in the guise of a mortal, or in avatar form due to some new being that has been assulting our lands for quite a long time."
    "I am sorry to hear that. I wish you luck against this enemy."

Anaka focused her mind. Ectoplasm gathered in the room and, suddenly, a table, some chairs and even servants (astral constructs) formed out of thin air. The servants raced to the kitchen and came back with a bowl of spicy soup, roasted boar, smoked salmon, sweet potatoes, various cheeses and two bottles of cider.

"Tell me more about the continent."
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-10-11 at 08:55 PM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Saradinus

Saradinus inspected the Ryceak principalities through his spells. He attempted ot find out if what the Balance said was actually true. Perhaps it was not. Perhaps it was. As the Lord of Good, he must know. He had an instinctual feeling it was not. But he couldn't prove it yet.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ettin in the Playground

"I am sorry to hear that. I wish you luck against this enemy."

Anaka focused her mind. Ectoplasm gathered in the room and, suddenly, a table, some chairs and even servants (astral constructs) formed out of thin air. The servants raced to the kitchen and came back with a bowl of spicy soup, roasted boar, smoked salmon, sweet potatoes, various cheeses and two bottles of cider.

"Tell me more about the continent."
    The protoss nods, but is suspious slightly of this new being, and he decided to gaurd his mind while around her, and told the archon who was mre powerful then he to do the same. (Archons are the fusion of TWO High templar beings who spend their entire preist hood attempting to achieve psionic perfection.)
    "Well me, and my peoples no longer live on the continent, nor in the realm of existance. We are merely explorers setting out to discover the areas of the world our scholars have yet to see. I will tell you what I can from my thousand year old memories though.
    The area in which we used to live is a great mountianous exapnse, and although the years were cold, and the weather harsh spring was the most beautiful season there the trees are wonderful in blossom, and the Sakura Trees blow their cherry blossoms to the wind creating an almost ephuoric sense of joy among our families,and our kin. As for the lower continent there is only the undead abominations, and creatures who dominate everything they can see.... Not a pretty place, and I myself once visited there while on a war campign with the mighty Protoss navy.... Needless to say things did not end well for either side of that war."

10. - Top - End - #70

Quote Originally Posted by Virgo View Post
    Alrinach looked down at the great centipede and sighed.

"We were, I suppose, never the most similar. But, Voice, will you aid us?"
    Ikassi continued her work while she spoke.

You assume that I succeeded in becoming the Voice of the planet? Well, that is why I am not like you any longer. You remember the primal spirit that was dwelling in the Gaping Maw, do you not? I have become more like a primal spirit, though different in that I never began as one. It is very complicated...

As for your other question, the Ryceak didn't seem to pleased with my ascension. This makes me wonder why, but unless I can understand, I doubt I will act in any case.

She crawled back and positioned herself next to Alrinach. She surveyed her work. The area she had purified had begun growing a sparse, red lichen-like substance.

That device that was used, it left a mark that proved hard to remove. I had to make something different from its...adverse effects. No matter, as long as that lichen grows there, the land will be able to support life again.

11. - Top - End - #71

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley_ View Post
    Ikassi continued her work while she spoke.

You assume that I succeeded in becoming the Voice of the planet? Well, that is why I am not like you any longer. You remember the primal spirit that was dwelling in the Gaping Maw, do you not? I have become more like a primal spirit, though different in that I never began as one. It is very complicated...

As for your other question, the Ryceak didn't seem to pleased with my ascension. This makes me wonder why, but unless I can understand, I doubt I will act in any case.

She crawled back and positioned herself next to Alrinach. She surveyed her work. The area she had purified had begun growing a sparse, red lichen-like substance.

That device that was used, it left a mark that proved hard to remove. I had to make something different from its...adverse effects. No matter, as long as that lichen grows there, the land will be able to support life again.
    Alrinach looked at the unblinking ruby, then idly invoked small, semipermiable portals to the Positive Energy plane that seeded the area with vivacious life. His forte had never been the natural world: perhaps it would be interesting to try his hand. As he spoke to Ikassi, or The Voice, his eyes took on a faraway look.

"Yes, I know you succeeded. I believe it to be true, and I see that you differ from Vol'Tak. You lack the primal energies that fuel him, but are driven by your own purpose, animated by your vow. Remember, Voice, I am Fate... It is a portfolio that I do not often invoke, but as our continent has fallen farther into confusion... It seems clarifying. I am not like you; you are not like Vol'Tak; Gargax is, indeed, a new creature to us; and the conventional gods remain as such, or broker hidden deals to scrabble at power."

Alrinach's attention returned mosty to the situation at hand.

"It seems strange that we did not interact more before. Our pantheon is so small, but the Ryceans banded together: how is it that the two of us never established trade, or treaty?"

12. - Top - End - #72

People? If you mean the Myrmici, it's because they are a lawless people. It is nearly impossible for them to feel bound by laws or customs besides their own. That is why they stick to the desert most of the time.

She shifted uneasily for a moment before settling down again.

As for Vol'Tak, he is no primal spirit. Vol-tak is the Worm and the elemental lord of metal and the deep. His skin condition, and a fine skin condition he had, was the primal spirit. It never told me it's name but it gave me a departing blessing all the same.
    Last edited by Smiley_; 2008-10-12 at 12:59 AM.

13. - Top - End - #73

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley_ View Post
    People? If you mean the Myrmici, it's because they are a lawless people. It is nearly impossible for them to feel bound by laws or customs besides their own. That is why they stick to the desert most of the time.

She shifted uneasily for a moment before settling down again.

As for Vol'Tak, he is no primal spirit. Vol-tak is the Worm and the elemental lord of metal and the deep. His skin condition, and a fine skin condition he had, was the primal spirit. It never told me it's name but it gave me a departing blessing all the same.
    Alrinach waved his hand distantly.

"Yes, it was Vol'Tak that I meant, as an Elemental Lord... The being that sacrifed itself for you was unknown to me, you are correct. So many little creatures that populate this world. And the vast majority end in one of two divine realms. Even the Gods have souls."

He mused over this, lost in thought.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The protoss nods, but is suspious slightly of this new being, and he decided to gaurd his mind while around her, and told the archon who was mre powerful then he to do the same. (Archons are the fusion of TWO High templar beings who spend their entire preist hood attempting to achieve psionic perfection.)
    "Well me, and my peoples no longer live on the continent, nor in the realm of existance. We are merely explorers setting out to discover the areas of the world our scholars have yet to see. I will tell you what I can from my thousand year old memories though.
    The area in which we used to live is a great mountianous exapnse, and although the years were cold, and the weather harsh spring was the most beautiful season there the trees are wonderful in blossom, and the Sakura Trees blow their cherry blossoms to the wind creating an almost ephuoric sense of joy among our families,and our kin. As for the lower continent there is only the undead abominations, and creatures who dominate everything they can see.... Not a pretty place, and I myself once visited there while on a war campign with the mighty Protoss navy.... Needless to say things did not end well for either side of that war."
    "I see... Here we never had a war. We are in good terms with the other villages."

Meanwhile, Baldier received a telepathic message from the Prime material plane.

Baldier. Your people, the Protoss, have recently stumbled on one of our settlements. We wish to know exactly what you plan to do here, in the Frozen Archipelago. Come to the Ivory Tower at once.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Asmodeus View Post
    Gargax

Gargax crafted another two Arbiters in the likeness of the four that stood vigil behind his throne. They were not as powerful, but they would serve their purpose. The Enxirex sent an immortal, but not undead, Ensirex, old and powerful, to the expedition of the Protoss. The Ensirex, Zetoa, arrived with the two Arbiters standing behind him, eyes blazing. Zetoa spoke, but he spoke with his mind to the Protoss I am Zetoa, I come as the representative of the Ensirex to this expedition, these are my bodyguards he gestured to the Arbiters.
    (just so you see it, did you already send the moon-expedition?)

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Cellis

looking at the wasteland, Cellis exercised some of his new-found power over life, As plants began to spring up around the positive energy portals, each carrying the energy a bit farther. They would eventually grow into great tree's, but that was a long time in the future.

to Alrinach What do you propose we do?
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ettin in the Playground

"I see... Here we never had a war. We are in good terms with the other villages."

Meanwhile, Baldier received a telepathic message from the Prime material plane.

Baldier. Your people, the Protoss, have recently stumbled on one of our settlements. We wish to know exactly what you plan to do here, in the Frozen Archipelago. Come to the Ivory Tower at once.
    Baldier will go to the Ivory tower using a minor act to get there swiftly for seniblities sake.
    "My people are merely wishing to learn about these new people of the north. They have much in common, and merely wish to forge alliances between two very similar people. The people of the north use psionics in dayily life, as do the Protoss. They have a artifact that is the center of their dayily lives. They have merely deduced as I have that tyhey could have a mutual benficaql relationship."

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by puppyavenger View Post
    Cellis

the Enlightened at the border of Rycek lands send out a massive telepathic burst, touching the minds of everyone within a days walk Where is the Guide?
    just making sure this doesn't get lost.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

19. - Top - End - #79

Quote Originally Posted by puppyavenger View Post
    Cellis

looking at the wasteland, Cellis exercised some of his new-found power over life, As plants began to spring up around the positive energy portals, each carrying the energy a bit farther. They would eventually grow into great tree's, but that was a long time in the future.

to Alrinach What do you propose we do?
    "It seems as if we must eliminate them, if they are such a threat. Afterwards, then, we can see about dealing with the Wyrm... If we must."

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Like I said puppy, I was gone all weekend. But I'm back now. On with the game!

Cyrus

As Cyrus continues his search for this 'hell', his people go about their daily lives. They continue to perfect their crafts and workmanship. They have small communities in all the major cities of the Old World and travel freely amongst them. An emissary from each race is sent to the Protoss for their moon expedition, each one taking a smaller shield guardian as a servant for the journey.

At Alrinach's summons, Cyrus appears with the others. He glances around, then looks at Alrinach. "Another threat brother? Don't we have enough of those? First Saradinus wants to kill the Wyrm, and now you speak of another evil? Please make it fast: I must find the Duke and that creature that attacked me."

The Enlightened's guide frowns as he hears the message. He attempts to calm them down. "As I said, it will take time. I assure you they will come as soon as they are able." The next day a large group of assorted humanoids arrives at the camp. Another hobgoblin steps forward and speaks to the original delegate before turning to the Enlightened."Greetings! We are Ryceans. I am Keveak and I shall be your guide while in our lands. Before we depart, I must have your word that you will follow our laws. First, you may not go anywhere on your own; this is for your protection as much as our own. Second, you must not have had any contact with any of the flora or fauna in the Tainted Lands. You do not bring any wounded or any that ate anything there do you? What is that...growth you carry?"
    Last edited by Ipphli; 2008-10-12 at 07:40 PM.
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

Gargax sent more of the Arbiters, crafted from the design of the originals, to the Tainted Lands, to see if they could cross onto the land of the Ryceans where his Ensirex and Undead had failed. Unlike his more traditional followers, they were beings of psychic force and, though crafted by him, were not of his design at all, but that of Khasis, the Glass worlds god of Peace.

22. - Top - End - #82

Alrinach directs a look at Cyrus, and recaps his news.

"Both Saradinus and I have been visited by a creature called The Balance, who told us that although the Wyrm was a natural part of the universal equation between Good and Evil, the Rycean pantheon were exongenous. They tipped the scales, as it were, and The Balance told us that in order to have any hope as a plane or recovering the appropriate neutrality, the Ryceans must be dealt with. She said that both the Duke and the Countess were empowered servants of the Ryceans, NOT the Wyrm... Tricks to fool us into launching a hasty attack against a necessary force. They are... cunning."

Alrinach gestured to the stone centipede beside him.

"I believe the Voice also encountered difficulty with them as well."

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

Cellis

well, if w emust destroy them, we must. they seem to have stymied their own servants to prevent anything from disrupting their rule. They dislike change, which integration with any of our civilizations would bring in spades.

Enlightened
    It is a protective fungus, designed to destroy the creatures from the Coast. We healed our wounded on the way here. We accept your condition to stay with you. Tell us, what are the gods you worship? how many are there? do you have different nations? how powerful is your nations? what god sponsors it? Where is the nearest town? how do you prevent things from attacking out of the jungle? what do you have to trade?
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

24. - Top - End - #84

((Remember Virgo. This is the giant fuzzy caterpillar thing form, not the old giant centipede form. It changed along with her change.))

Steady, we don't want too much growth...

Even as she spoke, the red lichen, being the only life thus far in the crater besides the few plants growing around the portals, took advantage of the portals and positive energy and quickly became a thick, red mat of the substance. This climbed up the plants which bent and sagged under the new weight.

The lichen never came out of the crater though. It was as if an invisible force was keeping it from growing there.

Well, I suppose the first time around, something is bound to go wrong.

As I have said, If I am to act, I need to understand. The Rycean pantheon did seem disturbed by my current state. I did not know why, but it did raise my suspicions. If you can tell me more of their motives, or even describe their pantheon in more detail, I may be able to help.

And Cyrus, you were attacked? I must have missed this for I was...indisposed for a time.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Saradinus contacts the Ryceans
    "I would like to speak with one of high stature. It seems that a most diplomatic delimna has occured between our continents." This is urgent.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

To the Enlightened

The delegate waves his hands in a placating manner. "Please, slow down. One question as a time. We worship a pantheon of gods, 6 in number. They are Marroar, Maguvial, Nerisella, Thoven, Pannan, and Cruven. And we are one nation with many provinces. The nearest town is about 2 days in that direction." He points off in the direction he arrived from."The gods help keep us safe from the Tainted Lands. And we have many goods you may be interested in. What do you have to trade in return?"

To Saradinus

Pannan appears before Saradinus. He looks him over, then raises an eyebrow. "One of you is just now realizing this? About time."
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ipphli View Post
    To the Enlightened

The delegate waves his hands in a placating manner. "Please, slow down. One question as a time. We worship a pantheon of gods, 6 in number. They are Marroar, Maguvial, Nerisella, Thoven, Pannan, and Cruven. And we are one nation with many provinces. The nearest town is about 2 days in that direction." He points off in the direction he arrived from."The gods help keep us safe from the Tainted Lands. And we have many goods you may be interested in. What do you have to trade in return?"

To Saradinus

Pannan appears before Saradinus. He looks him over, then raises an eyebrow. "One of you is just now realizing this? About time."
    "Satan, the Adversary... has polluted our lands. I am the Lord of Good in the Old World. I seek to spread the teachings of the Light from everywhere to anywhere. I, have decided it would be best to establish an embassy in the Ryceak lands. You see, I have a feeling I am being deceived by the Wyrm. He seems to think that I am his servant.... No longer shall I serve him. It is no doubt that he is the Big Serpent who wiped out the entire world centuries ago."

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Enlightened
    the guide spoke What are the domains of your gods? we would like specifics on your goods, we have knowledge of bio-magic, grafts and many types of life to trade.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

The Arbiters arrived on the Tainted Lands, having come from seemingly nowhere, and began to trudge into the lands held by the Ryceak, their impassive, glaring eyes never seeming to waver, but their attention was truly spread, looking for signs of a threat to them.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Baldier will go to the Ivory tower using a minor act to get there swiftly for seniblities sake.
    "My people are merely wishing to learn about these new people of the north. They have much in common, and merely wish to forge alliances between two very similar people. The people of the north use psionics in dayily life, as do the Protoss. They have a artifact that is the center of their dayily lives. They have merely deduced as I have that tyhey could have a mutual benficaql relationship."
    There was no one present in the Tower. However, after Baldier finished speaking , northern lights appeared in the sky. Then, the God of the Protoss heard drums in the distance. There was nothing there either.

Understood. As long as you don't plan to settle near the Towers, we will let them do as they please.