New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Gods of a New Star [IC2]

"of coruse. I myself have taught the protoss time ,and time again that a persons homeland is as sacred as any burial ground. You will have no agression from us."

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I have decided to remove the rule against direct intervention. Try not to go overboard, especially during wars or large scale battles between gods.

(That's the GM speaking, not the Wyrm, obviously )
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-10-14 at 10:26 AM.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ettin in the Playground

(Blaiders player begins danicing, and singing. "Don;t stop me now. I'm having such a good time; I'm havin a ball.)
    Also I would like an answer to TPAY.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

Cellis

looking at the moss True, but one species cannot simply overcome another. Seeds scattered across the moss, growing into different mosses, and fungus's . the plants covered by the moss grew new limbs threw it, although on closer inspection they were new plants, suing the moss as soil.

Enlightened

the enlightened colonize 7,4 9,4 and 6,5.

Pming you Ipphli
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

5. - Top - End - #95
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by puppyavenger View Post
    Cellis

looking at the moss True, but one species cannot simply overcome another. Seeds scattered across the moss, growing into different mosses, and fungus's . the plants covered by the moss grew new limbs threw it, although on closer inspection they were new plants, suing the moss as soil.

Enlightened

((Don't you mean 4,7 4,9 and 6,5? Otherwise, again, you are headed south into Myrmici space.))

Ikassi

Ikassi groaned and would have performed a facepalm if she had the limbs to do so.

It's not the lichen I am worried about. Look at this. Now it's worse than before!

Indeed. The whole crater was crammed full of plant life, a patchwork of red and green. There was no room for anything to fit anywhere.

Now I have to fix it.

She didn't seem angry, but annoyed. Grumbling, she went into the crater again and began grinding through the thick foliage. Much of the growth was replaced by what looked like ash, though trace ammounts of lichen and plant life were still visible.

Stupid! Stupid! Hrrmmm...The life gods all think the same way...

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground

Cellis

Enlightened

Pming you Ipphli
    (So the colonuze DIRECTLY into Old Auir? I dont think so Bub.)
    The Protoss seeing the encroaching moss fight it off with Flamethrowers, and Napalm..... The poor moss never had a chance.
    Meanwhuile in Old Auir the Rocket Luanching expedition has begun its final prepartions for luanch the only things left was for them to strap in, and preform the countdown... It was intianting now.
    "Kssh. Auir station 5 the U.C.S (United Coalition Ship.) Monomake` is ready for luanch. Begining countdown now. KSSH* Roger that Tassadar The U.C.S Monomake is ready for launch begining countdown now. 5.4.3.2.1.0. LIFT OFF!
    Then with a roar of engines the ship cresteed majecticly into the sky tearing through the atmosphere before reaching a great void.
    "Auir control.. This is Tassadar. The Eagle has left the building."

7. - Top - End - #97

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley_ View Post
    ((Don't you mean 4,7 4,9 and 6,5? Otherwise, again, you are headed south into Myrmici space.))

Ikassi

Ikassi groaned and would have performed a facepalm if she had the limbs to do so.

It's not the lichen I am worried about. Look at this. Now it's worse than before!

Indeed. The whole crater was crammed full of plant life, a patchwork of red and green. There was no room for anything to fit anywhere.

Now I have to fix it.

She didn't seem angry, but annoyed. Grumbling, she went into the crater again and began grinding through the thick foliage. Much of the growth was replaced by what looked like ash, though trace ammounts of lichen and plant life were still visible.

Stupid! Stupid! Hrrmmm...The life gods all think the same way...
    Alrinach laughed, but didn't interfere further into Ikassi's work.

"Take it from me, my sometimes-sister: there are things far harder to fix than an excess of life."
    Fantastic avatar of Alrinach, God of Law, provided by Qwernt!

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

To the Enlightened

The delegate shakes his head. "I'm not sure what you mean by domains. We have a god for just about everything, if that's what you mean. As for our goods, we have many. I'm not sure what you mean by grafts, although the bio-magic could be useful. As for life to trade...do you mean slavery?"

To Gargax

The Arbiters cross into Ryceans lands, although they do feel a slight urge to turn back.

To Saradinus

Pannan frowns. "We serve the Wyrm as much as you guys do. He made us just like he made you. But I don't know who you've been talking to, to suggest we're evil. Heck, we took care of the evil deity among us."
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley_ View Post
    ][/color]
    yes, yes I do, stupid lack of graph-reading skills.

Enlightened

the Massive ensi-body, and the numerous secondary life forms on it, stand comfortably on the rocket.

the Enlightened replied to the guide. What do you mean slavery? we are all one mind, we use certain bodies for certain tasks. Grafts are things you can add to a creature, an extra limb, an adrenaline sack, and so on.

We mean what do you worship your gods for? why would you worship 6 different gods? having 1 patron seems to work fine for the other realms in our land.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

The Arbiters shrug off the effects and continue onwards, when they reach a point in Rycean lands they call out with their collective minds We Are Arbiters. We Come To Meet Those Who Dwell In These Lands. We Would Meet With The Natives.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

11. - Top - End - #101

Alrinach

Calladia appeared alongside Saradinus and Pannan and bowed to the latter, gold wings sweeping the ground.

"My Lord was visited by a creature of Fate, called by herself The Balance. It is her allegation that your actions tip the universal balance towards evil. You understand why this is a concern."
    Last edited by Virgo; 2008-10-15 at 07:06 PM.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

Cellis

looking at Alrinach You don't tell them that you were a force for evil! what do you expect them to say, yes?
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ipphli View Post
    To the Enlightened

The delegate shakes his head. "I'm not sure what you mean by domains. We have a god for just about everything, if that's what you mean. As for our goods, we have many. I'm not sure what you mean by grafts, although the bio-magic could be useful. As for life to trade...do you mean slavery?"

To Gargax

The Arbiters cross into Ryceans lands, although they do feel a slight urge to turn back.

To Saradinus

Pannan frowns. "We serve the Wyrm as much as you guys do. He made us just like he made you. But I don't know who you've been talking to, to suggest we're evil. Heck, we took care of the evil deity among us."

Ignoring Alrinach... Saradinus thought for a moment. "I think the Wyrm is still the true evil. This Balance could be nothign but a sham fo rall we know."

14. - Top - End - #104

Cellis

looking at Alrinach You don't tell them that you were a force for evil! what do you expect them to say, yes?
    Alrinach held up a hand to stop Cellis as he concentrated on Calladia.

"Due process and prudence. I fear that you have the right mindset, brother, but I want to avert any unnecassary chaos."

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

Pannan snorts. "Us? Evil? Please. As I've already stated, we strongly dislike those of an evil alignment. We even took steps to keep them out of our lands. But I suppose I understand if you don't take my word for it. Ask that lich friend of yours. His people couldn't enter our lands, right? Because. They're. Evil. Geez."

To Enlightened

The guide shrugs. "We have different gods for different things. One god cannot possibly preside over every aspect of our lives. As for your...life forms, I do apologize. Your concept of one mind in several bodies is new to us."

To Gargax

The Arbiters are met a day later by a group of humanoids. A hobgoblin steps forward warily. "You are the ones who sent the message, the Arbiters? We are representatives of the Rycean Principalities, the natives you wished to meet. How may we help you?"

16. - Top - End - #106

Pannan snorts. "Us? Evil? Please. As I've already stated, we strongly dislike those of an evil alignment. We even took steps to keep them out of our lands. But I suppose I understand if you don't take my word for it. Ask that lich friend of yours. His people couldn't enter our lands, right? Because. They're. Evil. Geez."
    Calladia's gears whirred musically.

"Then what say you to Saradiuns' declaration that the Wyrm is evil, if you are his servants?"

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

The Arbiters were not all identical, but nothing about any of them conveyed leadership. They all spoke with their minds as one, but unlike those of a Hive Mind they all had different mind-voices, and their emotions were different, but they were in tune and these things mingled, so all the voices sound as odd echoes.

We Are The Arbiters. We Come To Speak With Your People. Learn Of You. Perhaps Trade. We Wish To Make Ourselves Known.
    We Are The Arbiters. We Come To Speak With Your People. Learn Of You. Perhaps Trade. We Wish To Make Ourselves Known.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-10-15 at 07:29 PM.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

Cellis

after being silent for a while, Cellis spoke to the Voice What I'm wondering is how this all fits together? we have a pantheon of gods brought here before us, ruling over races none of us have ever seen, presumably coming from a different world. Does the Wyrm seed worlds with gods, spreading life? it seems an odd thing for a primal force of evil to do. Why have the Rycek not explored or conquered our lands? they have been here longer than us, so shouldn't they posses greater servants? has anyone asked the elementals what they know of them? I find it hard to believe that they would not have had dealings with such beings unless they intentionally cut themselves off.

If there's a balancer and an evil force, where is the great celestial to aid us in our struggle? if the Elementals have fought for so long, why does the universe exist at all?

Enlightened

Perhaps you should lead us to your village, to see your wares, we can then agree on a price. We would also see your temples and shrines.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

To Alrinach

Pannan glances around quickly, then at Alrinach. "We're not sure. He's never really talked to us like he does to you. We might have suspected, but what can we do? He made us, he can unmake us, if you know what I mean."

To Gargax

The guide nods. "Very well. A guide will be sent for to show you around our nation and answer any questions you have. If you'll follow us back to our camp, you may await your guide there."

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

If there's a balancer and an evil force, where is the great celestial to aid us in our struggle? if the Elementals have fought for so long, why does the universe exist at all?[/COLOR]

Enlightened

Perhaps you should lead us to your village, to see your wares, we can then agree on a price. We would also see your temples and shrines.
    just making sure it isn't missed. I'm paranoid about ninja's
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

To Cellis

The guide chuckles. "Do not fear. We are almost there. Although I worry you will not find much to trade for. While we have many goods, we generally only make enough for ourselves and no more. And to be honest, your grafts and biomagic may not appeal to any of our people, except perhaps to a few scholars."

22. - Top - End - #112

To Alrinach

Pannan glances around quickly, then at Alrinach. "We're not sure. He's never really talked to us like he does to you. We might have suspected, but what can we do? He made us, he can unmake us, if you know what I mean."
    This time, the whirring of Calladia's gears makes it clear that the First Servant finds the excuse flimsy at best.

"The rest of your panteon's unwillingness to interface with us also fails to set us at ease. On our continent, it is generally assumed that one who remains hidden likewise has something to hide."

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

Enlightened

Do you have any unique magics? talents? technologies? and do not be quick to dismiss our talents, we can grant immunity to natural diseases, extend life-times by an order of magnitude, and give everything from perfect vision to a new pair of limbs to an amputee.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

24. - Top - End - #114

Cellis

after being silent for a while, Cellis spoke to the Voice What I'm wondering is how this all fits together? we have a pantheon of gods brought here before us, ruling over races none of us have ever seen, presumably coming from a different world. Does the Wyrm seed worlds with gods, spreading life? it seems an odd thing for a primal force of evil to do. Why have the Rycek not explored or conquered our lands? they have been here longer than us, so shouldn't they posses greater servants? has anyone asked the elementals what they know of them? I find it hard to believe that they would not have had dealings with such beings unless they intentionally cut themselves off.

If there's a balancer and an evil force, where is the great celestial to aid us in our struggle? if the Elementals have fought for so long, why does the universe exist at all?
    The Voice, Ikassi

Ikassi continued to work as she responded.

There are many ways it could fit together. The Wyrm may have some grand plan for us all to play a part it. Otherwise, creating the gods is nothing more than a self indulgent waste of time and effort. If he can simply unmake or make us, why should he care what we think? Why should he care what happens and do what he intends to do now? No, it makes little sense, unless there are opposing powers. If there are not, than there is no reason for the Wyrm to exist in the first place except as a begining motion to set all the pieces moving.

Perhaps as mighty as he is, he enjoys putting us through hardships. I don't quite know, but in time, these things will reveal themselves.

As for the elemental lords...what makes you think they fight? They have no reason to. As for whether or not they know anything of the other continent, or should I say "continents" and their people is found out easily enough.

Would you like me to ask them, Cellis?

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

To Alrinach

Pannan nods, then glances to his left and right. Five other deities appear next to him. The one to his immediate right, a large bugbear in gleaming platemail, steps forward. "Fair enough. We are here. We tend to forget that you do not work together as we do. Generally it is enough for one of us to speak, knowing that one speaks for all. I am Marroar. My companions are Maguvial, Nerisella, Thoven, and Cruven." He gestures to an elf, a troll, and two orcs. "We are the Rycean pantheon. Are you happy now?"

To Cellis

The guide nods. "We use spirit magic ourselves. I am sure we can find someone better to explain that to you, and perhaps teach it to you. And preventing disease and injury could be a useful item to gain in exchange."
    Last edited by Ipphli; 2008-10-15 at 08:08 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116

With a glimmer Alrinach himself appeared, wearing a cloak that seemed to move of its own accord regardless of wind, shining with Law energy. He inclined his head at the Rycean pantheon.

"I am much oblidged. For those of you who do not know, I am Alrinach, shepard of souls who die in violence, arbiter of law, lord of commerse and portals. I welcome you to our shores."

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

To Alrinach

The Rycean pantheon each nods their head before disappearing until only Pannan is left. He smiles. "Well, now that that is out of the way, what do you propose we do about the Wyrm?"

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

The Arbiters merely nod and follow the group to the camp.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

Enlightened

Very well, let us find such a person.

Cellis

well, if he has no rival, what could he do with the universe? perhaps we are all just playing cards in a convulted game of solitaire, or a story he watches to amuse himself. If the hypothetical arch-angel does exist, for all we know we are being cultivated as foot-soldiers for when he comes, to fight against out counterparts on the other side.

I was thinking of a conversation I had with Ossau long ago, and the interaction between him and Kil'salla is hardly cordial.

Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

30. - Top - End - #120

To Alrinach

The Rycean pantheon each nods their head before disappearing until only Pannan is left. He smiles. "Well, now that that is out of the way, what do you propose we do about the Wyrm?"
    Alrinach looked mildly troubled.

"You were present when I expressed my... inability to move against the one who granted us our powers. I am Law: it is my nature. In fact, I was essentially catatonic until The Balance visited my realm. I will, however, try to peripherally aid in whatever way I can, mindful of what The balance has said. What plans do your pantheon have?"
    Last edited by Virgo; 2008-10-15 at 08:35 PM.