New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Gods of a New Star [IC2]

(I'm trying, I'm TRYING!)
    Attempting to take this to a new level baldie will attempt to see if there are any tendrils of evil heading TOWARDS the asertoid, and if so he will now that it is being controlled by an outside soruce. If not he will know that the asteroid is living, and thus can be affected by his powers of psionics, and failing both of those he will simply use a major act to expand his plane of infulence, so that it can hold more people while still beiong his zone of power.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Erothayce

Erothayce looked at the scimitar stuck in the sphere.

"This is interesting, but I still don't see the point. Gargax, does this have to do with some knowledge you gained while seeking godhood? If so I would like to know.

And all of you should be concerned by that asteroid. My people can shield themselves in a time bubble for a long time. Yours cannot."
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-10-26 at 05:27 PM.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Barbarian in the Playground

Alrinach considers the scimatar and watches the orb pulse, but says nothing.
    Fantastic avatar of Alrinach, God of Law, provided by Qwernt!

4. - Top - End - #214
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax/Sesketh

Gargax/Sesketh shrugs We don't really see the point of all this. It seems a construct of Ikassi's making, the scimitar we now wield is the blade our father-half wielded in the old world, as it is there. But really, none of this seems pertinent. Ikassi wishes to seperate us, but she cannot, for we have bound our souls into one. Right now Ikassi, who's supposed to speak for this world, supposed to be it's voice, should be more concerned with the huge asteroid you mentioned. I certainly think it's more of a threat than we are, we are of the same relative power as all the other gods dwelling here. We are no more a threat than you, or Alrinach, or any of the other gods on their own.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-10-26 at 05:27 PM.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Saradinus
    Saradinus put forth his Ring.... and Saradinus began the incantation combining his greatest white magic with the power of his domain over the forces of Good. He chanted, and he chanted, the Ring which strengthened the power over all his domains was put to use... He struck out at the asteroid with a magnificent Holy Word spell... "YOU WILL NOT STRIKE THE HEART OF THIS WORLD! YOU WILL NOT ENDANGER OR TAKE THE LIVES OF INNOCENTS YOU WILL BE SHOT DOWN FROM THE SKY!"

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Armin View Post
    Saradinus
    Saradinus put forth his Ring.... and Saradinus began the incantation combining his greatest white magic with the power of his domain over the forces of Good. He chanted, and he chanted, the Ring which strengthened the power over all his domains was put to use... He struck out at the asteroid with a magnificent Holy Word spell... "YOU WILL NOT STRIKE THE HEART OF THIS WORLD! YOU WILL NOT ENDANGER OR TAKE THE LIVES OF INNOCENTS YOU WILL BE SHOT DOWN FROM THE SKY!"
    While Saradinus feels the surge of power, he is unable to reach the asteroid with his spell. To cast a successful Holy Word, he would have to be really close to the "rock".

(OOC: Don't forget that while you are considered a greater god when it comes to your little domain, when you affect the outside world, you are only lesser gods.)
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-10-26 at 05:50 PM.

7. - Top - End - #217

The stone sphere rotated a few times as Gargax spoke. As it spun the last time, a ruby "pupil" stared at the three.

Separate you? Hah! I only need to destroy you a little, brush the debris of a rather tasty cake, so to say.

The figment-Alukium spoke up.

This really is not the time is it? I mean, the asteroid and all...

Asteroid? I see no asteroid! Besides, what could a glorified bit of space rock do. The mortals have come far from the drooling beasts they started as. They can handle it.

But...this might be a supernatural occurence

Ikassi did not listen. Some of the blood vessels poped out of the ground and began to snake around Gargax.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax/Sesketh

The god bared his fangs, and his hand/claws clamped and unclamped, he drew his scimitar and snarled at the voice while floating away from the vessels moving around him. You will not TOUCH us. We will NOT let some glorified worm take away all we have worked for. We did not come back from our betrayal to be betrayed by one of our paranoid kin. We too can feel this asteroid now that we look... it is close... it pulses with evil and corruption. You would truly let a beast from the void kill countless lives, and do untold damage to this world just to attack us? How petty. We will not be betrayed by our kin!

Gargax/Sesketh sketched a pattern in the air with his scimitar using quick slashing motions. Everytime it cut reality seemed to take a cut as well, until their was a rune bordered portal, in which the duel-god stepped, and Ikassi could no longer feel him, like the first time he left.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-10-26 at 06:18 PM.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ettin in the Playground

Baldier fearing that the meteors effetcs may well strencth to his now quite alrge Demi-plane (BTW here are the planes effects: Timeless (cconditional): If a LIVING creature/plant/anything living, or organic is present within the plane it does not age/decay/ suffer any ADVERSE affects of time. Infinte: Due to recent "attachments" the plane itself has no true boundires. Mildly good aligned: take a guess. 1:10 time ratio due to the place being well... Timeless inorganic things age, and decay slower.)
    he will set about finding his freind the god of magic, and good.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Saradinus is easy to find...
    "Baldier, what is it, sir? I think its important we get rid of that living creature in the sky...."

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ettin in the Playground

"Which is exactly what I'am here to do, but I need your assitance. I'am a god of psionics, and thus have great mental power, and have the ability to apply the power of my mind to that of the world around me. You are a god of magic, and thus apply trhe powers of your studies, and your ability to manipulate the natural laws of the universe to your will. I have plan, but it requires the two of us to preform a riutal in the void, and this will require what is left of my power, and hopefully what ever you wish to contribute. I have attempted to destroy the meteor with my powers in the realms of the Sciences, and Physics. Now I suggest that we merely take a extremely simple solution to end this being in the sky. I have prepared a ritual in which we will summoun a meteor almost THREE TIMES the Size of Lall to strike down the living metor, or at the very least make it avert its coruse, or be turned into apitiful space dust. Now you may be worried that we will gwet dragged into the asteroids gravitional pull, but trust me I have incorparted this into the Riutal. So, what say you god of life, good, and magic. Will you help an old freind save the world?"

12. - Top - End - #222

Ikassi seemed to pause slightly before the scimtar embeded in her vibrated violently.

Hah! Do you honestly think this is what Sesketh wanted, to be forever imprisoned as half of a whole?

The blood vessels that now gripped thin air arced across the space. They slashed the air and created another portal which they fed themselves into.

And you are one to speak of evil and corruption! Bah!

Gargax could feel now that the Scimtar in her was real enough, at least in this pseudo reality. The veins were still seeking him out and were coming closer.
    Last edited by Smiley_; 2008-10-26 at 06:18 PM.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by FF fanboy View Post
    "Which is exactly what I'am here to do, but I need your assitance. I'am a god of psionics, and thus have great mental power, and have the ability to apply the power of my mind to that of the world around me. You are a god of magic, and thus apply trhe powers of your studies, and your ability to manipulate the natural laws of the universe to your will. I have plan, but it requires the two of us to preform a riutal in the void, and this will require what is left of my power, and hopefully what ever you wish to contribute. I have attempted to destroy the meteor with my powers in the realms of the Sciences, and Physics. Now I suggest that we merely take a extremely simple solution to end this being in the sky. I have prepared a ritual in which we will summoun a meteor almost THREE TIMES the Size of Lall to strike down the living metor, or at the very least make it avert its coruse, or be turned into apitiful space dust. Now you may be worried that we will gwet dragged into the asteroids gravitional pull, but trust me I have incorparted this into the Riutal. So, what say you god of life, good, and magic. Will you help an old freind save the world?"
    ((Even with epic psionics, I'm not sure I would allow you to manipulate an asteroid 3x as big as the continent...))
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-10-26 at 06:25 PM.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Omnik View Post
    ((Even with epic psionics, I'm not sure I would allow you to manipulate an asteroid 3x as big as the continent...))
    (Part of the power Omnik, Part of the power. Have you ever SEEN the things people can do with epic magic? And with epic psionics it gets that much worse with people being able to funnel extra power points into it. Hell, I could move the MOON itself to take on the asteroid with only a SLIGHT tweaking of an existing epic power.)

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

(Part of the power Omnik, Part of the power. Have you ever SEEN the things people can do with epic magic? And with epic psionics it gets that much worse with people being able to funnel extra power points into it. Hell, I could move the MOON itself to take on the asteroid with only a SLIGHT tweaking of an existing epic power.)

"What do you want me to do?"

16. - Top - End - #226
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax/Sesketh

From the place that he dwells, beyond Ikassi's reach, in a place even she cannot feel, a voice echoes back, angrily. And how the hell would you know? You were not there! You did not take the test! You did not go to free the father, it was only half of us which did. If we had not wanted this fate, we would have barred our half-self from reaching that point, or asked that our half-self freed our body. But we did not, we asked our young-half to free our spirit, that we might bind ourselves with the greatest and most loyal of our children. We were each among the first, one half the first of the old worlds gods, and the second half among The Fathers first born, those created by his own divine essence. We lived and died in his service, and even long into undeath our half felt the beating of his nearness, and went looking for our old lord. You would take that from us. You would deny us our destiny. WE WILL NOT LET YOU! WE WILL BURN THE HEAVENS DOWN ONTO THE WORLD BEFORE WE LET YOU DESTROY WHAT WE WORKED SO HARD FOR!!

This last was a screeching roar, which rocked across the planes, a divine roar of anger and denial, of rebellion against those who would wrong them.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-10-26 at 06:35 PM.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ettin in the Playground

"I need you to take part in the aforementioned Ritual of power. we will draw a meteor at LEAST as large as the one currently heading towards us, and cause the summouend meteor to accclerate to .99% of the speed of light. this will obilterate them both into mere dust, and free us of this impending menace."

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

((OOC: That's why epic magic/psionics in D&D are considered broken by a lot of people. Never heard of Lesser gods destroying worlds. Anyway, slightly moving the moon would almost be easier, since you don't have to drag it from so far away. Anyway, I rule that the most you can do is take control of an asteroid twice the size of the one heading for Lall.))

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Omnik View Post
    ((OOC: That's why epic magic/psionics in D&D are considered broken by a lot of people. Never heard of Lesser gods destroying worlds. Anyway, slightly moving the moon would almost be easier, since you don't have to drag it from so far away. Anyway, I rule that the most you can do is take control of an asteroid twice the size of the one heading for Lall.))
    ((Its actually not even hard to move the moon it is only a DC 42 to move it to eclpise the sun. Not even close to hard, and if you merely use a simple magic tiem to enhance the skill... as a god I'd say you can manage DC 572 BY YOURSELF. I see your point though, and my corresponding post already ninja'd you.))

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Saradinus

Saradinus begin to ponder on something in Baldier and Saradinus'es discussion. He appears to have hit a milestone... He nearly broke out with joy, but instead he merely shouted "Eureka!" He grew in stronger magic, learning new way to strengthen his magical power. This time, he fortified his dragon and magic domains.... Meanwhile, he used a major act to fortify the Life Tree, effectively using a stronger enchantment on it that made it grow in the first place.

(Major act to enhance the Life Tree. Major act to fortify the Magic Domain and the Dragon Domains.)

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ettin in the Playground

(Re post from OOC thread. 2 acts to pump up my Psionics domain. THUS I"AM PSIONICS MAN!)
    "So, do I have your assitance or not freind? If we fail I have already expanded my realm so that it my include Tekia if you wish in addition to a vast amount more of refuges in the extra dimesional cavities being created within my realm as we speak."

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

(Re post from OOC thread. 2 acts to pump up my Psionics domain. THUS I"AM PSIONICS MAN!)
    "So, do I have your assitance or not freind? If we fail I have already expanded my realm so that it my include Tekia if you wish in addition to a vast amount more of refuges in the extra dimesional cavities being created within my realm as we speak."
    "Of course... I feel stronger and more certain of myself now."

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The asteroid seems to be accelerating. Baldier and Saradinus both detect tendrils of black magic reaching to the depths of space. The source of this demonic energy is found in several places all over Lall. The three major locations are Abraxys' void ship, the Valley of the Enlightened and Cyrus' realm.

(OOC: The tendrils weren't there when Baldier first looked.)

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ettin in the Playground

Nodding to his old freind he took his hand, and began their ascension to the void at an incredible speed, and as they go Saradinus will notice that they are passing through multiple planes as they rocket through space towards the distant asteroid belt.
    Before he leaves he will command the LARGE, and MIGHTY protoss Air brigade, and the Naval Bombardment fleet that may include a Certain newly developed ship they have dubbed "Auir's Fury" it is like the old Iron titan in many ways except it is LARGER, stronger, better, harder, faster, and by far a more menacing sight. these units were disprsed to the Valley of the Enlightened instructed to examine the conditions under cover of a TC-X9 before opening fire, but to only do so if chance of victory is 100%, and after scanning for divinty trace X.

Pics of the Protoss air brigade.
    The corsair Air to Air fighter, and Jammer Unit
    Spoiler
    Show

The A.U.S Ship Auirs Fury.
    Spoiler
    Show

Aerial troop Deployment TC-X9. Serves also a a Stealth unit to provide cover to other units
    Spoiler
    Show

Heavy Artillery ship VT-9H
    Spoiler
    Show

Ground Troops.
    Anti artllery Units, and ground to air mobile turret unit 35-XK
    Spoiler
    Show

Anti ground infantry unit, and Heavy bombardment units
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Fan; 2008-10-26 at 07:14 PM.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

Cyrus frowned as he perceived the asteroid getting closer, and yet the others were nowhere to be seen. Its as if none of the others knew. He sensed two leaving the planet; probably hoping to save their own skins. But there was a large group of them near Gargax's lands; perhaps they were discussing what to do. And so Cyrus traveled to the realm of Gargax, looking for his fellow gods.

Upon arriving, Cyrus looked about himself in awe. What was going on? Everything was...strange. Alrinach was there, as was a large...something with a sword sticking out of it. He approached Alrinach and asked him quietly. "Brother, what madness is this? What is going on? Where are the others?"
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

26. - Top - End - #236

While Ikassi was busy seeking after Gargax, The figment Alukium danced around excitedly.

What are you two oafs waiting for? Big incoming rock, a powerful being that can be helpful, but is completely off her rocker! Do Something! Not even Gargax is doing anything to stop her!

He hopped up on the "eye" and began beating on it.

Stupid, stupid! What about all that you were supposed to protect, you lousy excuse for a primal force? Your past has nothing to do with anything! Forget that garbage, you have a job to do!

The two gods present could tell that something was significant about the lizard. It seemed more like a manifestation of some plea of Ikassi's true desires than a mere figment.

He cried out in desperation to anyone who might hear.

Stupid, stupid! Gargax! You fool, Sesketh is playing a game here. Do something about it! Why doesn't anyone listen!?

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

Cyrus looked at the lizard incredulously. "This is Ikassi's doing? Where is she? What is going on here? Is that her?" He points at the organ-thing with the sword sticking out of it. "I don't know who or what this Sesketh is, but if that is her, then that can't be helping." So saying, Cyrus went over and attempted to pull the scimitar out.
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

(By the way, the Elemental Lords are nowhere to be found right now. Is anyone really surprised? lol)

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey Omnik, and Armin... since your both on can I haz respondz to my post... I sent armies of teh pimpiness to the Valley of the Enlightened inculding a air fleet, a naval brigade, and a dozen battlions of troops.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The hideout of the demon-worshippers in the Valley is hidden behind a massive Wall of Bones. The area is guarded by hordes of giant ant and other vermins mutated by infernal magic. When the protoss armada arrives, a portal opens in the sky and legions of gargoyles and other flying demons spew forth, ready to engage the aircrafts.