New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Gods of a New Star [IC2]

The blood vessels became tense and flew towards Cyrus. However, the figment-Alukium sang a resonant note that seemed to halt them for a while.

As he pulled, it seemed to want to resist. However, he could feel something as if Ikassi was pushing it outwards as well.

A hefty tug was all that was required to free it. The Scimtar started to turn into a shiny, milky substance. A mouth appeared, and it tried to bite Cyrus.

Almost instantly, the landscape flashed violently. The purple mushrooms became a clump of trees, the "eyeball" was replaced by a large caterpillar-Ikassi. The landscape regained its color. The random somethings were no longer distortions of natural objects.

At the same time, the veins shivered and burst, though no blood remained and the portal that was opened closed with a snap. Along with it, the figment-Alukium vanished.
    Last edited by Smiley_; 2008-10-26 at 11:09 PM.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

(What am I fighting for?)

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ettin in the Playground

*cracks knuckles*
    The armada is prepared for just this osrt of thing, and the Corsairs actually have a speicfic ability that corresponds to air to air combat...
    As the hordes of Gargoyles rush towards the air fleet present a line of corsairs is revealed when a Arbiter moves out of place, and once these elegant yet fearsome ships are revelaed a HUGE wave of missiles erupt from the line in corkscrew patterns seemingly not aiming to hit any speicfic area. However once they conenct each missile EXPLODES into a huge net of immolbizing energy that hinders movement, and even magical abilities that may,o r may not be possessed by the gargoyles.
    Then alm,ost as if on cue a wave of laser fire erupts from the Line of cruisers behind the corsairs as the line ascended to defend the line of cruisers behind them with more missiles being primed for fire already.

The naval front was not quiet either.
    the ships until now had been manueveriong into oddly specific positions that the High Admiral Tassadar had been manuevering them into until now, and their weapons aimed, and at the ready as they leveled them towards the island as their Marine transports went out, and the submarines loaded out depth charges of pure force energy, and fired torpodoes at any oncoming sea dragons, or other large sea beasts.
    The Protoss learned well from their previous encounter with this nation, and this time. THEY WILL WIN!

4. - Top - End - #244

Quote Originally Posted by FF fanboy View Post
    Hey Omnik, and Armin... since your both on can I haz respondz to my post... I sent armies of teh pimpiness to the Valley of the Enlightened inculding a air fleet, a naval brigade, and a dozen battlions of troops.
    In any case, the valley of the enlightened seems to be supporting the strange red lichen as well. It is not toxic, but the protoss can't help but feel that it was whispering to itself. The lichen seemed watchful, but the protoss do not recieve any hostile indications from it.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ettin in the Playground

@ Armin: The gods are currently within the void asteroid belt, abnd baldier is inscirbing psionic runes of power upon an exceptionally large one in his own Ichor.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Saradinus inscribes the symbol of angelic beings, dragons, pheonixes, wisemen and the symbols of staves upon it as well. (It being the asteroid that Baldier is.)

7. - Top - End - #247

Alrinach looked at the reconstituted figure of Ikassi, mildly pleased that the excitable lizard had vanished. What remained to be seen, however, was to which oath Ikassi remained bound.

Alrinach looked at the sky, where he could sense the oppressive weight of the asteroid looming. Without a word, he vanished from where he stood.

With a glittering flash, Alomarra retreated into the demiplane of the Reaches.
    Fantastic avatar of Alrinach, God of Law, provided by Qwernt!

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The protoss armada was doing good against the summoned demons when a wave of darkness washed over the region and eventually the whole continent, demoralizing the troops and empowering the infernal magic. The armada is still at a great advantage in this fight.

However, it seems this foul energy is drawing the asteroid even closer. Right now neither baldier nor saradinus know what is the source of this new evil. They'd have to send avatars below or cast scrying spells to find out what it is.

9. - Top - End - #249

Ikassi seemed in a daze for a while before coming to her senses again.

I must thank you Cyrus. You will probably want to get rid of that thing before long. As for who Sesketh is, he is a god of the old world, one of pestilence, war and destruction. He is within Gargax, right now, but if he had succeded in his game, the world would be...different in a bad way.

She cast her eye, ruby colored once again instead of white, about and focussed it on the sky.

And then there is that thing up there. I suppose I have to do something about it. I sense Baldier and Sardinius trying to divert it, but I doubt they can do it alone.

The giant caterpillar shivered and seized up. A crack was appearing along it's back. As the crack widened, a feathered dragon-like serpent. lifted itself out of the old body. It's skin was the same dusty brown and the feathers were a bright red. The large ruby was still there in the center of the head, but this time it was accompanied by two "normal" eyes.

She crumpled up the shell of the old body and squezed it between her coils until it crumbled into dust.

Now this...I wan't nothing of myself to resemble the Ensi or the creatures that Sesketh tended over. I hope Saradinus does not take offense at my new form, but it is quite nice.

When all this was done, she lifted herself off the ground. Invisible to mortal eyes, she flew upwards at surprising speed to meet Saradinus and Baldier.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Omnik View Post
    The protoss armada was doing good against the summoned demons when a wave of darkness washed over the region and eventually the whole continent, demoralizing the troops and empowering the infernal magic. The armada is still at a great advantage in this fight.

However, it seems this foul energy is drawing the asteroid even closer. Right now neither baldier nor saradinus know what is the source of this new evil. They'd have to send avatars below or cast scrying spells to find out what it is.
    Baldier finished his portion of the spell, and the asteroid began to move once Saradinus finished his portion, and with a motion of hands, and several loud, and latin sounding minuets of chanting the meteor ROCKETED towards the meteor near Lall going faster, and faster untyil it approached .999 C nearly attaining the infinte mass thyat is attyainable only by reaching light speed before colliding VIOLENTLY with meteor that approached Lall, and with another ornate chant he gathered up the energies that exploded from the impact, and redirected all the kinetic force he could into the meteor from the dirction OPPOSITE Lall. (Major act used.)

Then almost as if on cue The A.U.S Auir's fury fired its main cannon the streams of energy intertwining with the other energies present within the infernal darkness purifing it, and lancing through the darkness, and piercing the mountians themselves as the smaller Capital ships of the 2nd Air brigade of Auir opened fire their weapons rending stone, metal, and flesh alike.
    Last edited by Fan; 2008-10-27 at 01:54 PM.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Baldier's plan had succeeded. The asteroid was completely destroyed and the blast didn't affect the planet at all.

But the gods still felt the evil presence in the Void. How was that possible?

The tiny fragments of black rock gathered, melting together...it looked as if the asteroid was reassembling itself.

-------------------

The protoss fleet completely crushes the enemy. The demonic ritual is stopped; however, the two other sites are still active and the wave of foul energy continues to sweep over the land.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Saradinus looked at Ikassi in her dragon form.... wondering who she was... "Your.... beautiful....?"

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ettin in the Playground

The Protoss Air fleet after priming a few more missiles, and readying the warp ray, and arbiters again (they need psionic energy to fuel the invisiblity thats why each one has a high templar, and a Dark templar meditating, and fueling in psionic energies. But, thats only the Arbiter, adn thats due to its cloaking field.)
    they set out on the orders from before, and immediately sent out calls for the First Air Brigade, and the 3rd naval fleet to set out from the Protoss home plane, and to use plane shifting technoliges if nesscary.
    *time passes, and the Protoss arrive.*
    The Protoss Aerial Aramda arrives at the next site, and are surpirsed to find the Avatar of Baldier himself there fighting against the forces with a small unit of warriors that many of them recgonise... The Son of Adun Fal'evar wielding his mighty artifacts, and his psionic enhancement armor the blue field crackling around him with energy as he redned both carapace, and tendon in twain ignoring even the most powerful of abjuratant enhancements.
    The Protoss Aramada knew that although they were mighty these men could only fight so many before falling in the glorious heat of battle, and thus they decided a direct air drop was nesscary, and that they a full company of 5000 Zealots, 200 Immortal X9-KG's, some heavy artilliery units, and a lone company of Corsairs, and three capital ships stayed behind to assist the great warriors with Air cover, and the Psionic net missiles that the Corsiars were famed for while the rest of the Aramada went to the Thrid location, and it was there they met the First Aerial Armada, and the Thrid naval brigade... Byut good news it not what awaited them... 20 High templar had given their lives to transport them alll with such speed, and if they intended to honor their sacrfice they had to destroy these m,onsters drawing the black rock in the sky towards their old homeland.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax/Sesketh

The Twin Gods presence had gone silent since the incident with Ikassi... until now... A sickly presence seemed to fill the world, probing it, feeling about it, as if searching for something. Finally, it stopped, and it began to draw closer to the final sites of the foul energies drawing the asteroid toward the world. As the feelers got closer, and the energy increased, so did the intensity, until it was two focal points, of similar strength but opposing power to the original energies created by the demon worshipers. Doors opened, and in both places, red eyes stared from the blackness. Horrid tentacles reached forward, and the stench of death pervaded, whispering from the foul openings. Along with the tentacles came vermin of all kinds, thousands of them, from flies to scorpions to rats to scarabs to mice, and they all seemed evil, corrupt. They flowed in a veritable tide from these openings, like the breath of some terrible beast, and a voice echoed over the world:

No more Secrets. No More Lies. We are ONE! We will seek the Truth, we will learn of all the worlds. We shall become power incarnate, and we shall be... ETERNAL!
    No more Secrets. No More Lies. We are ONE! We will seek the Truth, we will learn of all the worlds. We shall become power incarnate, and we shall be... ETERNAL!

And the tide continued, huge vermin came with them the corrupt fair, rats the size of large dogs, flies the size of a bird, wasps like crows, scorpions as large as cats, spiders that could have felled an elephant, crows with six eyes and mandibles like an insect, as large as buzzards, all this and more came from the horrible rent in reality, and with them came massive tentacles, with suckers and hooks and claws and horrible mouths. All these attacked the demon worshipers calling the asteroid down, but touched nothing else. and through it all a terrible presence could be felt through the door...

(I'm spending all 5 of my remaining AP to gain the Change, Tyranny, Vermin, Secrets, and Poison domains. That's right, I have all of both gods domains now)
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-10-27 at 06:49 PM.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Moqqavar, Sesketh's home plane???

As the portal closed, Gargax heard a familiar voice. He turned around to find a mummy waiting for him. It was the high cleric of Sesketh he had met in the desert tomb.

"It's a shame. I really wished Ikassi to merge with us. Imagine...the entire planet in the palm of our hand..."

The desiccated flesh and bones of the Ensi melted away to reveal an immaterial orb emitting a shadowy light.

"Yes, Gargax. You understand now. I haven't told you everything. This is my true form. I have the ability to create a temporary, physical body, much like my brother Khasis did."

The orb of darkness drew ectoplasm from the plane and took the shape of Sesketh, the half-scorpion half-human god of the desert.

"You see. We are the same. But not really. In fact, I can exist outside of your body. I did exist inside the scimitar for a while. But we ARE slowly becoming more like the other. Why do you think that is? Because your form holds my essence. Gargax...you are my philactery."

EDIT: Ninja'ed. Imagine this is all in Gargax's mind right now.
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-10-27 at 06:59 PM.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

As his form other-form, his true body, the combination of Sesketh and Gargax's minds that existed beside both of them but opposite of them as well acted, Gargax was free to be more himself. Please, I've had a phylactery in the past, I'm a freaking Lich. Phylacteries are always inanimate, and they do not merge their souls with your own. I'm no phylactery, I'm a host. We are symbiotes you and I. Without you I would be a mortal right now, and without me... well without me you would have no place to put your essence.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-10-27 at 07:03 PM.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

Cyrus frowns as he focuses on the blade in his hand. He casts it away from himself and quickly casts a rune of force at, causing it to explode. He then returns to his people. Upon his arrival, he can sense the evil coming from nearby.

Following it to its source, he growls as he realizes what the small group is up to. Quickly summoning a host of warriors and golems from the nearby refuge, Cyrus sends an avatar to personally lead them into battle against the vile cultists. The avatar focused on repelling the magics of the cultists and keeping his followers alive. The golems and warriors fell upon the cultists like a tsunami.
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Sesketh

The scorpion god frowned.

"You said it yourself, once: the gods from the old world are much more powerful than anything found here. Maybe you don't understand everything there is to it. That is why you haven't attained true immortality yet and I have survived the Apocalypse. Only inanimate phylacterys? Ridiculous...you think like a mortal still. You say we are symbiotes? Nonsense. I simply needed a being of your power to store my soul. Any mortal would have been killed instantly if I had attempted the transfer. Now our fates are linked, but that doesn't mean we are equal."

19. - Top - End - #259
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

Gargax Grinned, his horns seemed to grow, and a snakelike tongue hissed from his mouth. He opened his mouth impossibly wide and he laughed at Sesketh.

Indeed I did, and I proclaimed myself first among the gods here and first of your servants. You speak as if you understand everything there is to know. You are no more immortal than I. Perhaps if I were destroyed you would live on, but you could yet be felled. And don't you dare disparage the way I think. I may not act the part, but my mind works on levels not even the gods can understand... at least, not the gods of this world... or yours... I have studied much, and I keep much hidden from you even now. You obviously have little idea what it means to be a symbiote. You see, without me you would have little or no ability to manifest yourself, at least not as a powerful god. And without YOU, I am little more than a powerful mortal. We each benefit one another in ways neither cares to admit. Symbiosis. You are right, we are not equal, but I've always been able to overcome such things... how? Well, because you seem to have overlooked one thing father... I am a God of Corruption!

Gargax laughed again, his tongue making odd hissing noises.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ettin in the Playground

((Hmm... according to the first post of the IC thread gargax does NOT have a tounge, and that is in fact a point you re insated that point multiple times. :P)
    The Airfleet will open fire on the third location that was no beign assulted by the warriors, and golems of their allies.
    Wave after wave of energy came down on the enemy forces obliterating them line by line from existance while the Carriers generated swarms of fighters to take down aerial units while defending the corsairs while they fired their net missiles to allow the ground units to take down the heavier units.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Troll in the Playground

((He's a god of change, and it's happening in his mind...))

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Asmodeus View Post
    ((He's a god of change, and it's happening in his mind...))
    ((Just pointing out that you claimed repatedly not to have a tounge when a certain god threatened to rip it out. ))

23. - Top - End - #263
    Troll in the Playground

((Well he DIDN'T have a tongue... and now he does))

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ettin in the Playground

((Well he DIDN'T have a tongue... and now he does))
    ((Why. So . Serious? I was just joiking. Lighten up man. The game is for fun, not for crazy angry rants. :P))

25. - Top - End - #265
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FF fanboy View Post
    ((Why. So . Serious? I was just joiking. Lighten up man. The game is for fun, not for crazy angry rants. :P))
    ((10 words a rant does not make. And who says I'm angry? Just because I don't have smilies in my post doesn't mean I'm being totally serious you know...))

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ettin in the Playground

((10 words a rant does not make. And who says I'm angry? Just because I don't have smilies in my post doesn't mean I'm being totally serious you know...))
    (((Ah, then I apologise for misunderstanding you.Avons-nous la paix ?)

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Sesketh

"Corruption? Ah! What has it acheived? The gods of Good are running the game. And the demons of this world seem a lot more interested in corruption than you.

You have ambition. I like that. But your are lost in your own mind, in your illusions.

And people said I was unstable! Hahaha!

Fortunately, I am now here to make things better. This world lacks true leadership! Those creations of yours are like rats. Acting like cowards, slowly sucking the blood, or should I say soul, of the living! Where is the strength of the Ensi? The valor?"

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The demons retreat and most warlocks are slain in battle. However, the asteroid is still reforming fast and the evil aura on the continent still lingers.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ettin in the Playground

The Second armada, and the naval fleet decides to head back to the second location where they left a large company of warriors the Avatar of Baldier, Fal'vear, and a large troupe of ther elite High Templar, Archons, and Dark templar... They were determined to wipe out the evil present in this world.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The high priests of Baldier have a really bad feeling about this. The aura is overwhelming...no definite source can be found. They believe it is a divine intervention.