New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Left for dead. The zombie Apocalypse

The rag tag, and rather motley group of passengers around each of you jostles, and jockeys to attain a postion in the cars ahead of you. Today is a very speical holy day, and the celebration of the end of the third great war of A.D 1200-1560, and many people are going to the different edges of the country to visit freinds, family, and other various loved ones across the counrty. Eventually the group managed to get their seats, and find places to ste their luggage. Thus began Chapter One of The Day Of Reckoning.

The train jostled slightly as the it hit the occasional rock, or bullet left on the tracks the countryside zooming past, as the train zoomed towards its' destination. The other passengers made small talk, and paid the occasional visit to the dining car, if one were to look outside they would see that it was a bueatiful sunny day outside, the grass was green, and the flowers in bloom, this is how the day went on for the net couple of hours, with the occasional message from the enginerer about how low the prices of the ood were, and how they should go, and buy some right now. At that point anyone who had a window seat would notice the sky was rapidly filling with unnaturaly dark clouds, and that the storm system was advancing far faster, then anything possible. That was for about al of 2 seconds though becuase ten you a powerful tremor shook the car right as they entered a tunnel, and the last thing you remembered before you wake up is the extreme pain of your head colliding with the ceiling. As you get up you hear the various moans, and groans of the other 12 passengers, but what you see is far more horrible than that illuminated by the fires, that had obviously been caused by the crash, were the mutilated bodies of all the other passengers, the car literally covered in blood, the smell of rotting flesh already becoming apparent, as you feel the warmth of blood trickle down the side of your face.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: Left for dead. The zombie Apocalypse

owie. mommy, daddy come on get up. the little girl shook her parents, trying to get them responsive.
    This is my BRUTE'S MINICITY

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Ezekiel

Pain blossoms within the pale man as blood mats his golden hair to his face and scalp. His vision is blurry when he finally drags his lids open to peer through the dark with otherwise keen eyes. He slowly pats at his sides to ensure nothing is broken and ensure that his revolver is still in its holster. He manages to croak out a few words, "O-oh god. Ugh... Cat snot."
    Never can find my towel...

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    Forgot who did my avatar, sorry! >.<

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kenet

The young man sits up quickly, and immediately grabs his head as it explodes with pain. Looking down, he sees his leather trench coat covered in blood, and notices that more of it continues to drip down onto it from his face. Looking in the window beside him, he sees that a deep gash in his forehead is bleeding down his grey face into his orange goatee. "That's going to leave a scar" he says as he wipes the blood off his face with his hand. He pats himself, ensuring that all his valuables are still on him, and grabs hold of his backpack as he looks around at the other survivors.

5. - Top - End - #5

Leo

What appears to be a young boy groans in pain as he wakes up with a dead unreconoziable body over him. First thing he does is check that his baseball cap is still on his head, and then he proceeds to look around, only then noticing the destruction and death around him.

Owww, just what I needed... Stupid global warming...

He then proceeds to crawl from under the dead body, puting himself up and checking himself to make everything is in place. Concluding he hasn't got any major wounds, he proceeds to look around and scream

ANYONE ALIVE OUT THERE WHO NEEDS HELP?

Those who look at Leo will quickly notice most of his body is covered in large clothes of some kind(now half covered in blood and ashes), gloves in his hands, and even his face seems to be covered by long hair and the cap.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-10-11 at 08:24 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Jim Wilston
    Jim slowly realizes that he is in pain, and begins moving individual limbs, in an attempt to prove that he was not, say, paralyzed. Finding that he was suffering, if miraculously, merely a few cuts and gashes, maybe a concussion, he precedes to stand, checking his equipment. Muttering to himself, he adjusts his backpack
    You know, if I'd known that was going to happen, it may have been fun. Maybe some other time
    Now registering the sounds of the dead, and dying around him, he hears a voice cut through the cabin, and responds to it as quickly as he may
    I'm fine, thanks for asking...Are you?
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a side note, Jim has a very strong Irish accent. To save me having to type it, and you having to decipher it, Lets all just assume it's there

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by androgial View Post
    owie. mommy, daddy come on get up. the little girl shook her parents, trying to get them responsive.
    Androgial
    The parents beside the young girl were unresponsive, and upon further investigation she will find that her Father, and her mother have lost the lower halves of their bodies, and their intestines dangle freely as the car sways underneaath them as a unseen force holds them aloft giving them the apperance of grim puppets held aloft by the strings of some grotesque puppeter cackling madly above them as he commanded the macbre dance of the swaying dead.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Everyone inside the car
    shining outside of the car Illuminating a scene far force then that in any horror movie even the older members of the survivours have ever seen.
    Outside the window is a scene to terrible for words, it makes the inside of the car seem like heaven on earth, outside they're are the truely mangled bodies, people still gasping for air, and they try to reatach them selves to their intestines, the screams of a child as she dies before your very eyes as you realise just how helpless your situation is as she dies bleeding out her hand reaching out towardsthe grup tears streaming from her desperate eyes before she goes limp a final spasm of anguish passing over her before her eyes glaze over.

8. - Top - End - #8

Leo

I'm Leo, thanks god someone else is alive. We need to get out of here before this train comes crumbling down over us.

Leo then looks at the window at gasps at the expectacle outside

Oh god...What have they done to deserve this?

Yet the boy's expression remains serious, and not a single tear is shed. However, Leo proceeds to search for someone who may still show signs of life. If he finds him, he will grab a small chain with a cross out of his pocket and presses it towards the wounded, channeling some of his life energy towards the dying one.

Live...

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll seek for someone who still isn't dead and spontaneously cast cure minor wounds on him/her. It should be enough to stop fatal bleedings. If not, well, I'll be warned.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-10-11 at 06:49 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

Unfourtantely you, and the other surviviours here are the only ones that survived the crash, and despite your noble efforts those screaming outside the carriage you are all in are in their final throes as death embraces them in cold sleep.

10. - Top - End - #10

Kenet

Seeing the girl shaking the remains of her parents, Kenet moves across the row to her and gently takes hold of her hand.

Honey, they're gone. I'm sorry, but they're not coming back.

He speaks softly, trying not to upset the child any more than necessary. He gently tries to turn the girl away from the sight or the bodies, while at the same time examining the strange effect that keeps them aloft.

Spoiler
    Show

Spellcraft Check to determine presence/type of magical effect in place.
    (1d20+9)[14]

OOC: Kenet speaks with an American accent

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bakkan View Post
    Kenet

Seeing the girl shaking the remains of her parents, Kenet moves across the row to her and gently takes hold of her hand.

Honey, they're gone. I'm sorry, but they're not coming back.

He speaks softly, trying not to upset the child any more than necessary. He gently tries to turn the girl away from the sight or the bodies, while at the same time examining the strange effect that keeps them aloft.

Spoiler
    Show

Spellcraft Check to determine presence/type of magical effect in place.
    [roll0]

OOC: Kenet speaks with an American accent
    As Kentih looks around hew sees a strong necromantic death effect EVERYWHERE, and to be honest it is strong enough to make you wonder why you aren't all dying horribly.

12. - Top - End - #12

PirateCaptain

cindy

finding her parents have passed on to heaven the little girl imediate find thier luggage all three of them and begins opening them. first she pulls out her own small back pack from her bag and packs a few of her clothes in it discarding some outfits as if she was choosing what to keep and what to leave behind. next she turns to a larger females suitcase and grabs a couple of towels some soap tooth paste hairbrush toothbrush and other bath necessities. third she roots through a mans suitcase looking for something and give a satisfied AHA when she puts a small poketsized notebook into one of the packs pouches. finaly she finds the lower half of her parents bodies from which she grabs her mothers purse and her fathers wallet. which she packs away. shouldering the pack she looks at the pictures on the wall , specifically the ones with arrows pointing one way or the other.

ok going to need food too momma said so.......that way to the food place on the train

she confidently follows the direction the arrow pointed.

as she passes in the filtered light and out of the shadows you finally get to see her. red hair at shoulder length with sparkling blue eyes dressed in a nice blue dress, now marred by blood some of it her own, and she appears to be no more than 5.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

Androgial
    The little girlo having responded incredibly well to the death of her parents in such a grotesue, and ohhirble amnner manages to find the things she was looking for, but as she moves to go to the food carriage the entire place is illuminated by two immense red eyes, and a pearly white fanged smile. The smile spoke of madness. The smile spoke of death, and it only got worse as the crimson glow brightened exposing the rest of the creatures horrible black form. It was a huge veast with crimsion snake like pupiuls that glowed with powerful necromantic energy, and it was currently stopped over the body of a still screaming woman as it ripped her limbs off, and shoved them down its toothy maw, and with each limb it devoured the heat in the car became stronger, abnd the smell of rotting flesh, and death increased to the point that some of you throw up.
    Spoiler
    Show

make Dc 15 fortitude saves or become sickened for 1d10 rounds.
    (1d10)[2]

14. - Top - End - #14

Kenet
    Spoiler
    Show

Fortitude Save: (1d20+0)[9]

Kenet, never having experienced such grotesque images or scents before, is finally overcome by the appearance of the monster and starts to shake slightly, feeling sick all over.

OOC: Do you mind if we RP our own reactions on saves like this?

15. - Top - End - #15

Leo

God protect us...-says Leo as he starts to tremble from the vision of gore.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fortitude save(1d20+4)[14]
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-10-11 at 08:25 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16

PirateCaptain

(1d20)[10]

(actually she isnt holding up that well....shes clinging to her emergency procedures....as soon as she tries to make contact with the base and finds out she isnt allowed to go back she will break down)

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

As the smell wafts over the car all of the survivours except for one (The ones who haven't posted... just advancing story here.))
    began to become nauseous, and one of the bigger american ones heaves unto a rotting corpse that was unfortante enough to be present in his vincity.
    then as suddenly as the beast, and the glow came... It canished yet the smell, and the heat reamined a grim remainder that this was all not a dream.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Jim Wilston
    (1D20+3)[6](9)
    Well....That's....That's pretty nasty, there
    Last edited by Shhhh!; 2008-10-11 at 08:27 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

For now the room is silent except for the last graons of the already dead, and grotseque swaying of the parents of the girl....
    Thus begins Chapter 1: Survivial

20. - Top - End - #20

PirateCaptain

in a whisper that sounds strangely loud the girl says "maybe we should leave".

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+3)[20]

Post forthcoming. Sorry about not being around today.

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    [roll0]

Post forthcoming. Sorry about not being around today.
    Spoiler
    Show

WHY CAN NONE MAKE FORT SAVES!?
    Also your fine as I have nearly all day access to a computer... If this game ends up dying it certainly wont be my fault.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Ezekiel

Though the stench of death and new decay fills his nostrils and the gruesome sight assaults his mind he is able to hold his disgust in check. The sight of the beast causes him to draw his revolver. He glances around quickly, but to no avail as the creature already seems to be gone, "The hell was that?!?"

((>.> ...isn't a 20 higher than 15? <.<))

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Ezekiel

Though the stench of death and new decay fills his nostrils and the gruesome sight assaults his mind he is able to hold his disgust in check. The sight of the beast causes him to draw his revolver. He glances around quickly, but to no avail as the creature already seems to be gone, "The hell was that?!?"

((>.> ...isn't a 20 higher than 15? <.<))
    ((OSwwy was reading another thread at the time of reading your post, and thus with new forum sogftware it was roll 0 for me. >.>
    ))

25. - Top - End - #25

Leo

As soon as he manages to overcome the sickness, Leo turns to the other and says:

I don't know what that was, and I really don't want to discover. I say we get away from this forsaken place before our luck runs out and we end up like all those poor bastards. Screw supplies, surely there must be some village in less than one day's walk from here.

Spoiler
    Show
    FF fanboy, if you don't want to TPK the party so soon, I sugest don't going around throwing area save or die so soon. The forum's roller has the tendency of rolling horribly low willy nilly.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-10-12 at 05:18 AM.

26. - Top - End - #26

PirateCaptain

cindy

well lets go then

shes shaking slightly as if trying to hold back something.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Jim
    Jim laughs off the effects of the beast's appearance, straightening up from his crouched position
    What if you're wrong, though? I'm not sure I want to be the one to starve on a walk about the countryside...Although sitting here waiting for another of those Beasties to pop up hardly seems clever. We can't be too far from the first-class section, they'll have food, and good stuff too! Why not stop by there real quick and grab something before we go running off? It'd be fast, easy, even, and save us hunger pangs on our little trip.
    Jim, Having spoken, takes his revolver from it's holster across his chest, and checks the cylinder, to insure the presence of ammunition, and strides towards the front of the car.
    If all else fails, at least two of us are armed! That ought to save us a bit of trouble!

28. - Top - End - #28

Kenet

Kenet moves to the back of the car and looks out the window towards the freight cars. He speaks towards the others.

If I can get my bike out, then I could scout around very quickly. It shouldn't be more than one or two cars back.

He tries the handle on the back door but does not open it.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

Looking out the back of the Carriage Kenet will see that the back of the tunnel is enitrely caved in, and the air is almost choked with clouds of a black dust that seems to be coating the very ground.

30. - Top - End - #30

Leo

Looking at Jim, the boy answers:
    Well, then go ahead and I'll be right behind you. I can't stop you from risking your life, but I'll do my best to watch your back.