New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: Left for dead. The zombie Apocalypse

cindy

oooops itwas quiet more to her self but there was something she wasnt saying, though her trembling did stop.

we all need to get out now before we drown.

shes panting slightly as if she just released a tremendous amount of energy she was trying not to.
    This is my BRUTE'S MINICITY

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Jim Wilston
    Um, honey? You know, there isn't really anything nearby that could drown us? Freaky thought, though.
    And to Leo,
    You know, I can't force it, and if you really want to throw out the risk, lets go. But think about it.
    Jim smiles, a rather goofy grin, waiting for an answer

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

(I'm sorry, but there isn't an underground river ANYWHERE near by. I have several escape routes avialble to you guys, but thats not one of them, but I'm not the kind of GM who would let a layer practicly butcher their char by exhausting them this way, so.)

everyone will feel a slight shake a water begins to pour through a crack in the tracks. while it isn't a flood the dead bodies have risebn, and there are now some eltrical crrents running through the water from the tracks.
    (I stated that this was a electro magnet monorail before hand, and with all the damage= BZZZRT!)

4. - Top - End - #34

Leo

Just waht we needed...Well, guess there's no other choice.

Leo cowers for a moment, and for everybody's suprise a pair of black leathery furry batlike wings comes out of his back, from special hidden holes. He then looks at the rest of the group and says:

Calm down everybody, I'm not a monster, I was human once, just got a little bit unlucky with a magic experiment. I don't eat little children or anything like that. Now if you excuse me I'll try to search for a way out of here.

Leo then flaps his wings and takes flight inside the train, going in the oposite direction of the colapsed section, and doing his best to avoid touching the water or anything made of metal.

Spoiler
    Show

I'll take flight and start exploring the train in search of an exit. I'll go on the oposite direction of the colapsed tunnel. I'll also keep an eye for:
    -Food.
    -Weapons
    -Medicine

I will not land on top of anything that's wet, water or metal stuff.

Search:(1d20)[5]
    Spot:(1d20+10)[15]
    Listen:(1d20+10)[29]

Also, party, stop giving the DM ideas. Is his job to make things scary and hopeless, ours is to survive.

5. - Top - End - #35

PirateCaptain

cindy

we should be moving. as she follows more slowly than the winged scout she tries to get the 6 or 7 other survivors that havent spoken up moving along if she can.(ie the others npc survivors that groaned when we all woke up)

Spoiler
    Show

i sowwy for giving dm ideas but i had to play it logically and what 5 year old faced with that horror just after her parents are found dead can maintain control over their inner powers.

6. - Top - End - #36

Spoiler
    Show
    What kind of 5 year old has fear of being drowned inside a broken train when there isn't a big body of water in a several kilometer radius? I guess your character must have a quite interesting backstory.

Also, waiting for the DM to reply to if my hcharacter can fin anything or not.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

As you are flying around you hear a VERY loud static coming from the Engineers car.
    It appears as if the radio is reciving a signal.
    Spoiler
    Show

I agree with Oselcamo...

8. - Top - End - #38

Leo

HEY EVERYBODY! It seems there's a working radio in the train! I'll try to get there to see if I can call for some help!

Leo then flaps his wings energetically in direction of the static sound and see if he can hear the news.

Listen:
    (1d20+10)[17]

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

While the beating of your wings makes it difficult to make out the shouting on the other end makes it easy to hear.
    "Ksssh. THANK GOD! This is the first time we've been able to broadcast in seven days!" The voice is obviously female, and it sounds frantic.
    "Calm, down. Your a broadcaster for christs sake!"
    "Your right.. we have a message to deleiver. KSSSH."
    You cna hear the shuffling of papers, and some screams from the other side.
    "**** their coming. Listen we haven't got much time, and we will exapliain as much as we can. 7 days ago as you all well know a great darkness envleoped the continent, all aircraft were knocked out of the sky by this black smog. Within seconds a HUGE tremor shook the earth *static*, and now the cities are in a general chaos, and MUST be avoided at all costs. Remember stay away from the *kssssssssshhhhhh*"

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Jim Wilston
    Jim perks up at the sound of the word Radio, and begins winding his way in the direction Leo went, doing his best to avoid any spots of ungrounded metal, or water.
    Hey! Lets radio in the crash, maybe get some rescue teams in here!
    Last edited by Shhhh!; 2008-10-17 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Orange=/=Green. Who Knew?

11. - Top - End - #41

Leo

Seven days...SEVEN DAYS???? How much time had they been out after the train incident?

Guys, it seems like we were uncoscious for a whole week since the train wrecked. The radio was saying something about cities being in total chaos and neing now very dangerous places to be avoided at all costs, and then it went out. I can only hope it's some kind of prank, otherwise it seems like World War III has started...

The winged boy then proceeds to try to use the radio to see if he gets any other signal.

Anybody there? We sufered a train wreck and we need assistance! Anybody there?

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ettin in the Playground

He finds that the radio is dead now apprently it isn't strong enough to break the rubble, but the signal from before was just so.... barely.

13. - Top - End - #43

Leo

We're really out of luck guys. Radio seems to have died. I'll try to see if I can scavenge anything else.

(keep looking for usefull stuff and/or an exit of the train, avoiding the pools of electrified water)

Search(1d20)[13]

Spot(1d20+10)[12]
    Listem(1d20+10)[15]

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

The results of your search are bare, but boutniful considering that most food has rotted due to 5 days exposed to the stilfing heat that premates the entire collapsed tunnels.
    In a car futher up you find (1d10+3)[9] packets of junk food, (1d4+1)[5] re heatable frozen meals (they are a tad melted now though, and you will have to find a way to cook them.)

15. - Top - End - #45
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kenet

Kenet arrives at the scene from the back of the train, mulling over something as he fiddles with a unique-looking chrome-plated lighter in his hand.

"Ah, food. That's good. At least we won't starve."

His wry smile mostly hid his discomfort at being thrown into such an unexpected scenario with no time to prepare or consider the situation.

Have we really been unconscious for a week? That is strange. Not that we didn't wake up, but that we weren't killed he thinks.

"Does anyone have a plan for after we get out of here?"

16. - Top - End - #46

PirateCaptain

Cindy

I plan on going home....I hope.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ettin in the Playground

((this is Rp time people... I'm letting you guys explore the train tunnel, and hopefully find a way out soon.)
    with a sound that sound like a wet slurping you notice that they water levels have begun to receede, and now you are NOt going to be zapped to death by the bloody electro water 9000.

18. - Top - End - #48

PirateCaptain

((shameless bump plus a hopeful start of rp))

cindy

well lets see we should probably find out who we all are...just in case. My name is cindy.

cindy gets out of the wrecked sleeper car and looks around

spot check:(1d20)[17]

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground

Before you is the same scene of horror earlier described, but with a few minor changes.
    First you notice that ALL the bodies are gone except forthose in the train.
    Second you notice that the heat is CRAZY outside the train in fact roll a DC 12 fort save for everyone outisde the car.
    Lastly you notice that there is a drip of water hitting you in the head from above. (Plot devices are immune to yar powers!)

20. - Top - End - #50

PirateCaptain

(curse you plot device ill find a way to use you yet Pbbbbbbbt)

cindy

whoa its hot out here...very hot.....

cindy will of course look up to find the source of said drip of water

fort save vrs heat:(1d20)[14]

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ettin in the Playground

Cindy is able to cope with the heat, but she can feel it getting hotter.... She can also smell amongst the smell of rot sulfur LOTS of sulfur.
    The Drip is coming from a crack in the subway tunnel above you, and Cindy remebers that Subways were supposed to be the SAFEST place during a earthquake like this.... If the tunnel was this bad.... Imagine the main land.

22. - Top - End - #52

PirateCaptain

(le sigh...it appears we lost the other players)

cindy

cindy moves on going back towards where the train came into the tunnel from.....hopefully

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

As cindy moves to the back of the tnel she comes across a giant wall of rubble, and dead bodies.
    Your trapped!

24. - Top - End - #54
    Bugbear in the Playground

(Noting that I am still here)

Kenet

As Kenet sees Cindy disappear outside, he follows. He is surprised by the heat outside.

Fortitude - (1d20)[12]

Barely able to stand the head, he moves back to where Cindy is.

"I don't think we should stay here. That roof doesn't look too stable. We should get out into the open"

25. - Top - End - #55

PirateCaptain

(sigh i gave the others the opportunity to respond)

cindy

int check (1d20)[3]

if int check sucessfull

not good i heard those scientists say something about sulfur in the water and high heat being a volcano and that was a bad thing

if int check unsucessfull

not good.........what did those scientists say about sulfur?