New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Variant Domain Powers

Chaos
    Your mastery over pure chaos can be channeled through your body much the same way positive or negative energy is. You can turn or destroy creatures with the Law subtype as a good cleric turns undead. You can also rebuke, command, or bolster creatures with the Chaos subtype as an evil cleric rebukes undead. These abilities are usable a total number of times per day equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier. This granted power is a supernatural ability.
    This replaces the casting spells with the chaos descriptor at a +1 caster level.

Evil
    The malign energies that swell within you can be used in a pure force released from your body a certain amount of times per day, much in the way you can channel negative energy. You can turn or destroy creatures with the Good subtype as a good cleric turns undead. You can also rebuke, command, or bolster creatures with the Evil subtype as an evil cleric rebukes undead. These abilities are usable a total number of times per day equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier. This granted power is a supernatural ability.
    This replaces the casting spells with the evil descriptor at a +1 caster level.

Good
    You are a beacon of holy energy, and this energy grants you the ability to command creatures of good and destroy those of evil. You can turn or destroy creatures with the Evil subtype as a good cleric turns undead. You can also rebuke, command, or bolster creatures with the Good subtype as an evil cleric rebukes undead. These abilities are usable a total number of times per day equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier. This granted power is a supernatural ability.
    This replaces the casting spells with the good descriptor at a +1 caster level.

Law
    Order and law is the driving force of your magic and your power, and thus, it grants you mastery over controlling those who follow the law, and destroying those who would ignore it. You can turn or destroy creatures with the Chaos subtype as a good cleric turns undead. You can also rebuke, command, or bolster creatures with the Law subtype as an evil cleric rebukes undead. These abilities are usable a total number of times per day equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier. This granted power is a supernatural ability.
    This replaces the casting spells with the law descriptor at a +1 caster level.

Healing
    Your ability to heal the wounded is better than any cleric like you, save a few. You may apply the Maximize Spell feat to any spell of the healing subschool you have prepared without taking up a higher level spell slot, or more casting time(for spontaneous cure spells). This abilities are usable a total number of times per day equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier.
    This replaces the casting spells with the healing descriptor at a +1 caster level.
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2008-10-13 at 07:54 PM.
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Variant Domain Powers

I'm not an experienced homebrewer, but I like these and they seem more flavorful than their alternatives.
    -Currently Playing-
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roan Arathane, Level 4 Human Resourceful Warlord and
    Devis, Level 4 Half-elf Bard in Dame Morbid's Tournament
    Margan Flintfist, Level 1 Dwarven Fighter in Therinn Adventures

-Old Homebrew Projects-
    Spoiler
    Show
    Project Leader: Deity's Order (Currently Stalled)
    Contributer: Avatar d20 (Currently Struggling Back from Dead)
    Contributer: Lords of Creation

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Griffon

I agree. Casting at +1 caster level sounds much more boring. Seeing as though clerics with elemetal domains already get extra turn and rebuke options I don't think that the alignment domain powers will be too unbalancing. Not sure about healing though. Someone more familiar with balancing will have to check. If maximizing is overpowered you could make healing spells empowered instead.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Different colored robes would be more flavorful than standard options...

I like this. Lemme try:
    Destruction
    Your dedication to the forces of entropy allows you to call it down upon your enemies. You may opt to disintegrate any creature or object you've killed/destroyed as per the spell by a melee attack. This ability is usable a total number of times per day equal to your Charisma modifier (minimum of 1). This granted power is a supernatural ability.
    This replaces the standard destruction domain power.

War
    Your intense martial training allows you to deal devastating melee attacks. You can deal a mighty blow that grants you +1 to hit and +2 damage for each cleric level you posess. You must declare it before making the attack. This ability is usable once per day. This granted power is an extraordinary ability.
    This replaces the standard war domain power.
    Last edited by Pronounceable; 2008-10-14 at 05:37 AM.
    Founder of the Fanclub of the (Late) Chief of Cliffport Police Department (He shall live forever in our hearts)
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!
    Shameless shill:

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Uh, go ahead and compare that War power with the original Destruction power....yeah. Even if it was only 1/day it'd still be wiping the floor with the Paladin's Smite Evil, which (I think) is supposed to be the well known non-charging "I hit it really hard once" ability. Anyone else wanna see some more smiting available?
    Fizban's Tweaks and Brew: Google Drive (PDF), Thread
    A collection of over 200 pages of individually small bans, tweaks, brews, and rule changes, usable piecemeal or nearly altogether, and even some convenient lists. Everything I've done that I'd call done enough to use in one place (plus a number of things I'm working on that aren't quite done, of course).
    Quote Originally Posted by Violet Octopus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fizban View Post
    sheer awesomeness

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, you're right. I was mindlessly copying the last parts. Though I'm not averse to more (nonrighteous) smiting.
    Founder of the Fanclub of the (Late) Chief of Cliffport Police Department (He shall live forever in our hearts)
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!
    Shameless shill: