New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Sinister Spire IC

Mika

Mika somewhat doggedly tries to attack the drow woman again.

(attack/damage: 1d20+3=20, 1d6=1)
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ettin in the Playground

Nephia

Now struggling to get free as her magical bow's strength wanes, Nephia rallies against her bonds after the celestial weapon fires a shot at the male drow again.

"Little help here, maybe? I don't want to be sacrificed; it would cause Elhonna to become quite cross..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Strength check to break the webs (may as well try) (1d20+1)[4] And with my second to last arrow, I blast the male drow... hopefully:(1d20+6)[13] and damage: (1d8+3)[10]
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

3. - Top - End - #123
    Troll in the Playground

Regak moves to K7 and catches his breath

Nephia struggles in vain to break free of the webbing. She commands her spiritual weapon to fire on the male drow. He winces as the arrow strikes him.

Mika experiences the same effect, it’s as if she never attacked the drow woman. ((spell effect cast by the drow))

Rasphiak fires more eldritch energy at the male drow with little effect. The drow stands unharmed by the green energy.

Elessarwa, confident of her abilities, defensively casts a spell on Mika, trying to get her to desist and move away. Mika easily resists the effects of the spell.

The other drow continues to do things the easy way and fires magic missiles at Mika, (damage: 10)

Spoiler
    Show

---------- Round 8 ----------

Initiative Order

Regak 25 (damage: 3)
    Nephia 22
    Mika 14 (damage: 16)
    Rasphiak 11 (damage: 15)
    (E)Elessarwa (4th round of spell)
    M (enemy)
    Gnome
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Vaynor View Post
    Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.
    Chainmaille, Chainmail or is it Chain Mail?

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

Rasphiak screams with rage and concentrates his power, augmenting it with the skills he knows that destroy all mortal life. His eldritch energies crackle around him, sparking like verdant lightning shot through with blackened magic as dark as hell, then streams forth towards the male drow as Rasphiak attempts to finish him once and for all.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: 1d20+6=26
    Crit Confirm: 1d20+6=16
    Caster Level Check: 1d20+6=25
    Damage: 3d6=5x2=10+(2d6=7 from Mortal Bane) = 17 damage.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Mika (At 0HP)

Mika slumps to the ground, apparently out of the fight while she works a healing potion out of her pack.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

6. - Top - End - #126
    Bugbear in the Playground

Regak looks out from behind the safety of his cover and peers balefully at the one remaining Drow that doesn't wield divine powers drawn from a half-spider sadist with delusions of grandeur. Spiders. He's starting to really hate spiders.

He grips his axe tightly in one hand and slides his shield back into place on his back - he'll need the extra hand to remove the Drow's head from it's scrawny shoulders. Honestly, how can these people fight with such lanky physiques?

Ah, well, that's a worry for another time. For now it's important to focus on removing that non-magical Drow from play so that the others can focus on the one that isn't so non-magical. Regak's not suited to battling magic, sadly, but he's more than suited to chopping the limbs off of these cave-dwelling Elves.

Regak leaves cover and rushes towards the Drow that's been causing so much confusion by being alive, something that the Dwarf intends to significantly alter. When he gets close enough to his target he grips the axe tightly in both hands and, screaming like thundercloud, swings at the juncture of white-haired head and muscle-deficient shoulders.

Spoiler
    Show
    Power Attack (-3 to hit): 1d20+9=29

Critical Confirmation: 1d20+9=24

Damage (+3 PA|+3 TH=+3 to damage): 1d10+9+1=20 [Sorry about this one, I forgot the Two-handed bonus to damage. The site will say +6, but it's really +9. Er, providing of course that I understand what it is that I'm doing, which may or may not be true. I defer to the expertise of another. Anyway, the damage done by my none-critical hit is 17... or 20. Moving right along.]

Critical Hit Damage: 17[or]20x3=51[or]60

[Nice.]

[Please disregard the above; my understanding of the rules was incorrect.]

EDIT
    [Unsurprisingly, I made some mistakes. Please bear with me as I set things right. You'll find the numbers as they should be listed below. Thank you for your patience.]

Attack Roll: 1d20+5(Base attack bonus)+3(Strength bonus)+1(Magic bonus)-3(Power Attack)=26 to hit. I kept this as a Critical Threat because all other numbers are superfluous due to the rolling of a natural 20.

Critical Confirmation Roll: 1d20+5(Base attack bonus)+3(Strength bonus)+1(Magic bonus)=25 to confirm. I rerolled this one from scratch because I felt that I needed to for the sake of appeasing the Dice.

Damage: 1d10+3(Strength Bonus)+1.5(Two-handed weapon bonus)+6(Power Attack with Two-handed weapon bonus)=20.5 damage. I left this one as max damage due to my having rolled max damage before - the numbers have been changed to be accurate but the luck remains intact.

If I confirmed a critical hit then Regak's dwarven waraxe deals x3 damage, meaning that I roll damage twice more...

Critical Hit Damage: 1d10+3+1.5+6=15.5, 1d10+3+1.5+6=20.5

...in addition to the non-critical damage as recounted above for a total of 56.5 damage total.

[There, now, I think that I've got it all right. DM, if you'd care to check everything over for errors I'd appreciate it, but otherwise I think that we can move on.]
    Last edited by Sophistemon; 2009-01-06 at 09:07 PM.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Troll in the Playground

Regak puts his shield back and lumbers forward. He raises his axe as he gets close to the male drow. He swings and slaughters the male drow where he stands. Blood and gore spatters over the altar, the gnome, Regak and the other drow.

Nephia struggles to break free from the webbing and succeeds this time. STR check, 1d20+1=16

Mika slumps to the ground, barely managing to work a healing potion from her bag.

Rasphiak screams in rage as his target is felled by the dwarf. He turns his attention on Elessarwa. Eldritch energy blasts from his hands and hits her squarely. She has a surprised expression on her face as the pain sinks in.

Elessarwa stumbles back against the wall. After seeing and feeling her defenses stripped away, she turns and unlocks the door behind her. It opens and she vanishes inside.

Spoiler
    Show

---------- Round 9 ----------

Initiative Order

Regak 25 (damage: 3)
    Nephia 22
    Mika 14 (damage: 16)
    Rasphiak 11 (damage: 15)
    (E)Elessarwa – went through secret door in back
    M (enemy) - dead
    Gnome

((tonberryking is having difficulties posting, so I’ll post for him so we can continue))

Spoiler
    Show
    With a lack of posting from the players and since I don't have a desire to continually shove them along, this game will end here.
    Last edited by wxdruid; 2009-01-20 at 08:12 AM.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Vaynor View Post
    Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.
    Chainmaille, Chainmail or is it Chain Mail?