New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Default 126/114: What just happened?

I sometimes have trouble connecting events in one panel of a work of sequential art to another. One reason I don't like most comic books.

I'm having trouble following the action in 126/114.

Near as I can tell, after Stanley blasts Ceaser in 125, Jillian orders her Orlys and Gwiffons forward to act as a screen while she goes in to put a sword in the creature's gut. One of the Gwiffons (that was burned?) bites the dwagon in the neck doing enough damage to kill it.

Jillian ends up back on gwiffon, and sends another for Jack. That's where I get really confused. Jack grabs the Arkenhammer and he and Stanely fly off the falling dragon, and then Jillian has three swords?

Help please?
    I consider myself an author first, a GM second and a player third.

The three skill-sets are only tangentially related.

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: 126/114: What just happened?

Jillian, the gwiffons and the orlies attacked Stanley's dwagon and killed it. I think Jillian actually did most of the damage with that stab to its stomach. Just before she stabbed it she commanded another of the gwiffons to catch her, which is why she's back on one later. Then she commanded another of the gwiffons to get Jack off the dying mount, since she was trying to "save" him. Instead, Jack gets Stanley to levitate both of them into the air with the Arkenhammer and then uses his Foolamancy to make them both invisible. In the last panel Jillian is waving her sword around in frustration, she doesn't have 3 of them.
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire." - Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved with a suitable application of high explosives.

"Time to throw the dice." - Mat Cauthon, Wheel of Time

"Nothing good can ever come from staying with normal people."

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Knight13 View Post
    Jillian, the gwiffons and the orlies attacked Stanley's dwagon and killed it. I think Jillian actually did most of the damage with that stab to its stomach. Just before she stabbed it she commanded another of the gwiffons to catch her, which is why she's back on one later. Then she commanded another of the gwiffons to get Jack off the dying mount, since she was trying to "save" him. Instead, Jack gets Stanley to levitate both of them into the air with the Arkenhammer and then uses his Foolamancy to make them both invisible. In the last panel Jillian is waving her sword around in frustration, she doesn't have 3 of them.
    That acutally cleared it up for me too, I thought he just flew away or something of the like.
    Avy by Ink.

4. - Top - End - #4

BardGuy

Oh. That makes sense.

Thanks!
    I consider myself an author first, a GM second and a player third.

The three skill-sets are only tangentially related.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

You don't watch enough cartoons to not understand the "three swords" thing :P
    Last edited by BobVosh; 2008-10-12 at 11:33 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BobVosh View Post
    You don't watch enough cartoons to not understand the "three swords" thing :P
    Well, I see enough cartoon and the only "three sword" reference I get is Zoro Roronoa, but I can't see the eventual connection.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

Pretty sure he's referring to the fact that, in cartoons and comics, when something is moving pretty fast they tend to use a motion blur where it sometimes seems there are multiples of an object, not an actual set of multiples.