New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Adventuring Fedex (IC)

A Blood Oath?! I know what putting blood to parchment can do... Still, the terms are rather lenient, one cannot deliberately talk about it... I'll do it.

He bites down on his finger to draw blood, but seeing Rashad told the feather must be used, he stops.

Bugger.

Taking the feather, he places a drop of his blood on the parchment to signify his agreement.

I accept the terms.
    Last edited by Rettu Skcollob; 2008-10-18 at 07:25 AM.
    Feel free to catch me on MSN if you ever feel like a chat! You can find me under "ChocolateHeathen (At) Hotmail (Dot) com", most days.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Halfling in the Playground

When Flashlight damages himself with his dagger, the masked man starts laughing and tells him: "You must use the Crimson Feather"
    Guchález
    Thanks to ThreeShades for the Psychotic Elan avatar a.k.a.The Punmaker

Spoiler
    Show
    All dead, they are all dead

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rashad

Rashad grins

"You can't really blame me for trying"

then takes the feather and adds another dot of blood to the parchment.

"When can we depart?"
    Dominant Avatar by Bisected 8

Another cool avvie by Thecrimsonmage
    Characters I play
    Spoiler
    Show

Leroy, NG Human Factotum, the Great Game
    Rashad, TN Half-Elf Bard, Adventurer Fedex
    Kristen, TN Human Factotum, recruiting for STAP

4. - Top - End - #34

RedSorcererGirl

A ghost of a smirk crosses Dalcars lips as the man speaks to her
    Ive often found that the shorter the skirt, the less likely it is that a man will rummage through your packs, lest he miss out on the chance to frisk you...but of course, I respect your choice
    Dalcar accepts the Crimson Feather, smiling at Rashad as she does so. She pricks her finger and then leans forward the parchement, her cleavage threatening to spill out of her top as she does so, and presses her finger to it
    She settles back in her chair, crossing her legs, and holds out the feather
    Who is next?

5. - Top - End - #35

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Unknown takes the feather and calmly pierces the ball of his thumb, alowing a single drop of blood to fall on the parchment, before throwing it down

"There. It is done. I suppose I am bound to your little quest now. When do we depart?"

Finally, I have a purpose...

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Seeing Tanyr commit herself to the Blood Oath, Jark scowls. As the hedgehog on the table uncurls itself and crawls along the table, along the way, losing it's spines, as it grows longer and sleeker. Eventually skittering off the table and landing in Jark's lap. Jark's shadow-animal now resembles a ferret, and it climbs speedily up his torso, and wraps itself around Jark's neck and shoulders.

"Shh...My friend." Jark says half to himself. "It's only one drop of blood. And the terms of the contract are not too restrictive. Also, the wychlaran has accepted. As has everyone else." Jark pauses, and tilts his head closer the the dark animal's mouth. "Lies! I am not a coward! I am Rashemi!"

Jark snatches the quill and stabs himself lightly with it, and lets the drop slide from his finger onto the parchment. Looking towards Taryn, Jark looks slightly pleased with himself. Turning towards his dark companion "There, I did it. So you can just be quiet."

Jark sits back down in his seat and folds his arms. What curse will happen if I break the Oath? They have our blood now...Can they use the witch-magic to control us? I will find a way to get out of this. My blood is mine!
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2008-10-18 at 08:25 AM.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

7. - Top - End - #37

Jarian

Taking the feather and pricking his finger, Jarian drops some blood on the parchment. With out saying a word or contemplating what everything means, he simply does as he is told. Waiting to hear the next part of there journey.
    Never come between a Dwarf and his Ale
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

Awesome Runic Dwarf Avatar by Bayar

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Tanyr

Tanyr gives Jark a small nod, and a smile, before turning and giving the others a sweet smile ."Well. That seems to be all of us bloodbound. Seeing that we can't break it, do you have any more information for us, or are we expected to pack and leave? And I think we'd like to know what curse is hanging around our knecks now we're bonded by the blood in our veins." As she asks her last question, she look to her new companions for support.
    For the last time, it stands for Shadow of Darkness!

Thankin' Nevitan fer me babytar!

Kasaad Shadowweb-Chitine Paladin of Freedom (now a clickable link!).

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauve Shirt
    SoD is my favorite too.
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerHunter View Post
    SoD casts Pun
    SoD's Pun crits TigerHunter for 10k.
    TigerHunter dies.

Genderbender week comin' up! SoDess by Bisected8 *applause*

9. - Top - End - #39

One by one the drops of blood fell to the piece of parchment, each time a drop fell a crimson stain started dancing until the name of the person who owned that drop of blood was written, a second later the stain was gone.
    When the nameless half-orc put his blood on the parchment the stain danced for a longer time, afeter a while a symol formed a Jawless Skull and a writing quill over a scroll, a second passed and the drop started dancing again and after a little while a new symbol appeared, the image of a skull adorned with a diamond on the forehead.

Grindell takes the feather and looks at the masked man, he nods. Then she pintches herself and lets a drop of blood fall to the piece of parchment, her name appears "Grindell Shadowstaff". She had remain silent and thoughtful after ignoring Dalcar and Rashad's flirting but after her name faded she said:
    I don't think he'll talk until the bow maker puts a drop of his blood or leaves.
    Guchález

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #40

RedSorcererGirl

Dalcar smiles encouraginly at Galen
    C'mon honey, just sign in, Im anxious to get going and find out more about all of us in action

After encouraging Galen to sign in, Dalcar allows her gaze to flick speculatively between Tanvyr and Grindell.

11. - Top - End - #41

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Interesting... not even this strange magic knows my name... But that first symbol was the same as my phylactary, so obviously my suspicion that when I had memories my faith was important to me is true...

Gesturing toward the parchment as the second image solidifies, Unknown looks around the table and says "That first image was... familiar to me... but I don't suppose any of you could help me out with what the second one means?"
    Last edited by turbosloth; 2008-10-18 at 09:29 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42

RedSorcererGirl

Quote Originally Posted by turbosloth View Post
    "That first image was... familiar to me... but I don't suppose any of you could help me out with what the second one means?"
    I have some familiarity with the symbols of the gods, let me put my mind to it

13. - Top - End - #43

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry guys I was gone for a few days

I'll sign, just give me a minute.

I wonder why the need for a blood oath. This seems frivolous and indicates there is something more. I need to have some people around me though, for protection partly, but they may also help me find some information.

Galen grudgingly pricks his finger and as the drop of blood drops to the parchment, he realizes that there is no turning back.
    Shapperdash, movie reviews amongst other things.
    Natural 1, a tale of critical failures
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Aquillion View Post
    If you're ever in a situation where you can't survive, go for the broke and fill all of creation with chickens. Just imagine the reaction of people halfway around the world when every square inch of space in their world is suddenly and completely full of chickens.
    Homebrew
    1st in Iron Chef XXXIV with a Warforged bard

14. - Top - End - #44

Jarian

The worshiper of Talos takes mental note of everyone's name to there person, when the half orc's name does not appear he is rather curious about it. Studying the symbols that did appear he tries to remember what those symbols are, and also tries to figure out if there would be a reason no name appeared.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20)[5]
    (1d20)[7]

not sure what skills/abilities you would like me to roll for such, so i just rolled two d 20's, apply what bonuses you feel fit.
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

15. - Top - End - #45

RedSorcererGirl

Dalcar continues to gaze at the symbols, even as they fade away.
    The first one was the symbol of Jergal, an ancient deity in the Realms. He has since given up his positions, but still exists in some shadowy way. As for the other, I have no idea, although it is related to the worship of death
    Dalcar looks up with a smile
    You would seem to have 'interesting' past

16. - Top - End - #46

The masked man takes the parchment silently while everyone seems to be discussing about Unknown's symbol, after a moment he clears his throat.
    Once everyone's attention is on him he pulls a book of dark hardcovers reinforced with darksteel locks, it's pages seem natural black and it seems as if the book were emanating darkness. Then the man starts talking:

This is The Book of Shadow Enlightment. I stole it from it's place of rest in the Plane of Shadow from a tower filled withliches and undead. I adventured there looking for another book, which I found by the way, but as I was looking I came across this book -or as some would say It cam acroos me- and it somehow called me. At first I thogth it was my natural curiosity, as you can imagine I like books, but it wasn't, now I know that this book contains powerful magic and is probably a sentient magical being, but its contents were not be revealed to me.
    As I was leaving the tower one of the liches glances at me and apparently he started following me. I didn't realized that this lich followed me and went to my safeheaven, once there I started reasearching the information I was sent to look in the tower for it was my duty to do this reasearch.
    After I finished I started to try to uncover this book's secrets, not much time passed until the liches attacked me, they were looking for what I had stole but they didn't knew what it was, they seemed to be unaware that this book was missing, they were unaware that the other book was missing too. So they asked me what I had stole and I told them about the object of my fisrt research. They asked for the fisrt book and I gave it to them. After that, they attacked, we fought and I came out victorious but one of them left with the first book, which was unimportant for I had the information needed out of it, but somehow I knew he would come back with more forces to try to kill me. So i took my traveling equipment and left with this book, I couldn't travel magically so I bought a horse and left.
    I traveled trying to find some information about the book or these group of liches but I found nothing, so I sent a message to and old friend of nime, the loremaster of Halruaa you are traveling to find, and he told me to give him the book. I intended to travel myself with the book but I came across with some really useful information:
    On one of my travels gathering information about the book I found a Library dedicated to Oghma, nobody saw me enter but apparently the Library detected some of the magic in the book and now a group of worshipers of Oghma is looking for me because the want the book for safe keeping, I captured one of their priest who was spying on me, he told me everything and how did they reached me. I know I know they want to hide it so noone will read it, I'm against their suppresive ways and I wan't to find what this book is about so I'm on the run from them.
    Another Group of wizards are apparently looking for this book too, they knew where to look also because one of them was found looking for the book inside of the tower, when the liches interrogated this thief he told them what he was looking for but he said the book was missing, they looked for the book and found that the book was missing, that's when they realized I had stole two books instead of one.
    They went to my home and destroyed it to the very foundations and killed all my servants but one, a sneaky little kid who overheard their conversation and gave this information. I know the book can't be scryed of search through any detection means, they are on my trail because they are looking for me not the book, so they won't know I've gave it away unless they find me, which they won't.
    That's all the information I have allowed myself to share with you. Keep yourselves silent about the book and nobody with track you. That been said I must depart. Is there any other question?

Will continue in a moment... stay tunned- All said!
    Last edited by Guchalez; 2008-10-20 at 03:27 PM.
    Guchález

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #47

RedSorcererGirl

Dalcar clears her throat, and then
    So what you are saying is that we are likely going to be persued by liches, a bunch of priests of Oghma, and several wizards, all intent on seizing this book and likely separating our heads from our shoulders to do so.
    Not that Im put off by all this, but I just want to be clear on who we are going to be dealing with, because sooner or later they are going to figure out whats happened and come after us. Any other opponents we should know about?

18. - Top - End - #48

Jarian

This sounds like a great challenge of our skills, And I look forward to this mission. I do not have any more questions relating toward you.
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

19. - Top - End - #49

These enemies seem dangerous, but I believe we can handle them. Is everyone here up for the challenge? I know I am.
    Last edited by Dumbledore lives; 2008-10-22 at 01:53 AM.
    Shapperdash, movie reviews amongst other things.
    Natural 1, a tale of critical failures
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Aquillion View Post
    If you're ever in a situation where you can't survive, go for the broke and fill all of creation with chickens. Just imagine the reaction of people halfway around the world when every square inch of space in their world is suddenly and completely full of chickens.
    Homebrew
    1st in Iron Chef XXXIV with a Warforged bard

20. - Top - End - #50

The Half Orc is silent for a moment. Thoughtful.

I accept. I will gladly slaughter all those who stand in our path.
    Feel free to catch me on MSN if you ever feel like a chat! You can find me under "ChocolateHeathen (At) Hotmail (Dot) com", most days.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rashad

While the masked man was talking, Rashad took a comfortable position, pinching himself from time to time to not fall asleep.

"Sounds like fun, so hand over the book and we can depart right now. Or is somebody planning anything else?"

Characters I play
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Irisv

He cocked his head, "Allowed yourself to share? You speak almost as if you were not truly here. Regardless, the light of my Lady will bind us all together."
    Never can find my towel...

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    Forgot who did my avatar, sorry! >.<

23. - Top - End - #53

RedSorcererGirl

Dalcar looks around at the group
    Well of course Im in. But who says we have to slaughter all our enemies? Seducing them and tricking them into working for us is far more satisfying. Believe me, getting seduced by me is VERY satisifying
    At saying the last, Dalcar takes a long look at every member of the party, as well as Grindell.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

Tanyr

"And I'm sure you'll have the time of your life seducing the clerics, wizards and liches. Tell me, were you planning on doing them all at once, or one at a time? I'm sure that while you're enjoying the pleasure of one of them, the others will be trying to deal with us, not waiting in a que. I don't mean to offend, of course. Just speaking my mind." Tanyr frowns slightly, as a new thought appears. "However, I do agree that, if possible, we shouldn't want to slaughter them. We hardley want the law chasing us as well. Of course, I'm sure there'll be numerous times when slaughter is the only avaliable option to us. There always is." she adds, as an after thought, giving Jark a small smile, before looking at the others gathered there. I'm sure that there are some here who would agree with that...

Spoiler
    Show
    SoD is my favorite too.
    SoD casts Pun
    TigerHunter dies.

25. - Top - End - #55

"You don't have to fight clerics, wizards or liches, they won't be after you, they are after me since they believe I have the book. If you want to fight them please don't take the book with you, I don't want them to have the book for themselves. I'll take from the unnamed half-orc and the warrior with the dark companion silences that they have no questions as well, so at last I can depart. The book has been on the table since I startted talking Rashad, take it whenever you want."He puts a sack over the table. Then he mutters some strange word and desapperas in a shroud of shadow that started dancing around him.

Once he's gone Grindell talks, she sounds merrier now. "We must leave as soon as possible, Pack your things and we'll meet at the stables".

With this she opens the door and leaves. The room goes silent, you are alone, all of you for the fisrt time.
    Last edited by Guchalez; 2008-10-22 at 11:15 PM.
    Guchález

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #56
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rashad

The bard stands up, grabbing the book and putting it into his rucksack he kept with him. He also pulls out a cookie out of a side pocket and gives it to his parrot:

"I suggest departing at once, as long as it's nighttime. There is no need to attract attention, especially in Shadowdale. We'll have enough time to talk and joke around during the ride"

He nods to K'zak, then leaves the room, muttering under his breath:

"Also, the nice warrior woman left already, so who am I to not follow? Those trained hips are delicious"

Characters I play
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

Irisv

The draconic man nods, "Aye, if we leave quietly under the cover of night it will be more difficult to locate us should they track our starting position from somehow finding our mysterious benefactor. Leave nothing behind."
    Last edited by Tacitus; 2008-10-23 at 04:10 AM.
    Never can find my towel...

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    Forgot who did my avatar, sorry! >.<

28. - Top - End - #58

K'zak nods, glad that the strange man had gone, and that the adventure could begin. Moving out of the building, he fastens his traveling cloak and hefts his small pack.

Well, let us be gone then. The journey ahead of us is long.

Bring whatever forces you can, fortune. I will enjoy cutting them down.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Tanyr

"Time for the off, or so it seems." Tanyr stands up, and breifly touches Jarks shoulder, smiling. "Jark, come."

Spoiler
    Show
    SoD is my favorite too.
    SoD casts Pun
    TigerHunter dies.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Jark opened his mouth...And then shut it. Choosing not to say anything, lest it get him into trouble. It wasn't wise to disobey Tanyr, she was wychlaran, and, while Jark did have an idea of what she could do, he assumed - as all Rashemi do - that there is more to magic than what you can see.

...Tell me what to do...One day Tanyr...One day...

The shadow-ferret on Jark's shoulder seemed to shimmer as he stood up, morphing into a watchful crow.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome