New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Adventuring Fedex (IC)

Jark drew his horse closer to Tanyr. And spoke in almost a whisper.
    "I don't like this wychlaran. There's too many of us. Too many things to go wrong. The half-breed-" the words came out in a scowl, as he mentioned K'zak, the half-orc. "Consorts with darkness, almost willingly. The other half-breed can outsmart blood-magic. When we put blood on the parchment, it was our names. There was no name for him? Is he affected by the oath?"

He paused for a moment, to look around, to make sure no-one was looking. His ghost-crow almost invisible in the darkness flying overhead. "The bow-maker also has me worried. For obvious reasons. The spearwielder, Jaden? Jaren?" he thought hard. "Jarien. Follows the Thunderlord. I do not trust anybody of that ilk."

Once again, Jark's paranoia had the better of him, and he glanced around. Focusing on the two riding double, raising an eyebrow. "The bard and apparently his wychlaran, seem harmless enough. As does the cleric."

Jark looked at Tanyr, and reached out and lightly touched her on the shoulder. "You, I trust." It was times like these, when Tanyr apparently listened to Jark, that he felt like he didn't want to harm Tanyr - much. It was a strange, unknown feeling for Jark. He didn't like it.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

2. - Top - End - #92
    Halfling in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"I will happily take first watch." Says Unknown, stretching his legs and wincing as he climbs down off his horse. "I assume since there are ten of us we will watch in pairs? Who would like to take watch with me?"

Observing how we divide ourselves into watches should be interesting... who will hold to the divides we are forming? And who will try to break them down...

3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground

K'zak looks thoughtful for a moment, thinking of what watch would suit him best.

I'll take the last watch.

K'zak smiles as Rashad draws near to him, happy to finally have the chance to talk freely with the bard.

I see you are enjoying interacting with our companions?

I've been around. Doing much the same as usual. Learned a new trick since we last met. Watch this!

K'zak briskly moves towards a large scraggly tree a few feet away. It looks almost completely vertical, barkless and without a handhold to speak of. As he reaches the plant, he extends his ungloved hand outwards, flexing it quickly. With a blink of his eye and a flash of dark energy swirling about his mottled hand, K'zak breathes in deeply, and places both hands on the trunk.

With a slight jump, the Warlock moves up the sheer piece of vegetation almost as fast as a man would walk, scampering like a large, Half-Orc shaped spider. Grinning, K'zak skitters onto a thick branch, looking down at Rashad.

What do you think?
    Last edited by Rettu Skcollob; 2008-11-01 at 04:49 AM.
    Feel free to catch me on MSN if you ever feel like a chat! You can find me under "ChocolateHeathen (At) Hotmail (Dot) com", most days.

4. - Top - End - #94

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Glancing at K'zak's showoff antics, Unknown laughes out loud in a good natured fashion.

"Very good, mage, but it would be more impressive if you did it without the magic. Each to their own, I guess" He says with a wink, then starts gathering firewood.
    Last edited by turbosloth; 2008-11-01 at 04:53 AM.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rashad

The bard seems impressed by the Warlocks ability and claps his hands several times, laughing:

"Can you do this only with trees, or also, let's say, climb a whole mountain? When we're done here, we could climb some really high ones"

With a gesture, he calls his blue familiar to his hand, and chuckles:

"I fear I don't have any tricks you don't know of, I mean, I already soiled the pants of somebody, and Grindell isn't sleeping yet"
    Dominant Avatar by Bisected 8

Another cool avvie by Thecrimsonmage
    Characters I play
    Spoiler
    Show

Leroy, NG Human Factotum, the Great Game
    Rashad, TN Half-Elf Bard, Adventurer Fedex
    Kristen, TN Human Factotum, recruiting for STAP

6. - Top - End - #96

RedSorcererGirl

I can take watch with anyone, I dont have a preference as of yet. It should be somebody that is better at melee than myself, I have no talents in that area.
    I do have one problem with resting by day and riding by night, if we intend to continue on that pattern. In order to renew my bond with my goddess, I do my ritual prayers at night, midnight to be exact. And, when you see how I pray, you will understand why I cant pray from the back of a horse. I havent used a spell yet, but it will become important.
    But for now, I can take the first watch, if someone wants to join me.

Dalcar slides off the back of Rashad's horse, grimacing just a bit. Once down, she stretches and flexes to work out the kinks, clearly not used to riding horseback. Even so, her dancers grace comes through.
    Everyone needs a hobby. Mine just happens to be seducing paladins.

7. - Top - End - #97

K'zak chuckles softly, slipping from his seat on the branch, and catching himself by placing his palms on the lower side, hanging in the air by only the palms of his hands.

Oh, I can climb anything now. I can stick to any surface you'd care to mention, even roofs, should I so choose. The spell lasts a complete day as well, which is useful.

I envy the more studious magic-users for their array of spell options, but pity them for their restricted duration and limited usage. Still, I suppose each to his own.

The warlock smiles, tilting his head slightly.

In any case; this is just one more step on the road. I can feel myself becoming more and powerful with every adventure. This is a parlour trick performed by an amateur, compared to the Dark Invocations.

As the Warlock is caught up in the fervour of his words, an unnatural reverberating quality appears in his voice.

Still, I suppose I should come down now. I shall need sleep for the coming adventure ahead.

With that, the Half-Orc scampers headfirst down the trunk of the large tree, slowing down at the base, to attempt to gently set himself down. As the only way to do so is to flip his feet over his head, and he is not too limber, he heavily falls the last foot onto the ground, planting his face into the earth.

Oh Bugge- Mph. Ow.

The Warlock untangles himself, spitting out earth.

Bleugh. Most unappetising.

K'zak laughs, taking the embarrassing fall in good humour.

I suppose I'm not as dexterous as I thought, eh Rashad? Next time I'll leave the tumbling to the more limber among us.
    Last edited by Rettu Skcollob; 2008-11-01 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Spelling Error
    Feel free to catch me on MSN if you ever feel like a chat! You can find me under "ChocolateHeathen (At) Hotmail (Dot) com", most days.

8. - Top - End - #98

DwarfBarbarianGuy

In response to Dalcar's offer to take first watch, Unknown smiles warmly at her and inclines his head slightly. "Well since I have volunteered first watch already, I guess that puts us together. I certainly fulfill the qualification as a capabable melee combatant." Glancing around to make an assement of the area they have chosen to camp, he adds "I guess we could make the fire over there for everyone to camp around, and if we sit to our backs to either side of that tree there then we would have good line of sight to all aproaches to the camp.", Indicating each direction with a slight incline of his head as he speaks.

"I'm afraid it means we couldn't get as... close... as you and Rashad, but thats a sacrifice I'll have to live with" he adds, with a slight wink aside to the bard, obviously supposed to be 'hidden' but deliberatley openly visible to all.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rashad

Rashad can't supress a grin, both because of the nameless one's comment and K'zaks good humour.

"Hehe, nobody is perfect I guess. Nice to know that you spent your time for useful things, I had to undergo a most displeasing therapy because of a streak of bad luck lately, but that's a story for later. Could I ask you a for a small favor? You and Cool P know each other...

"K'zak cool! P knows K'zak!"

"Yes, quite well I think. Could you watch over him this night? I plan things that aren't for little parrots"

Characters I play
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #100

K'zak raises an eyebrow with a slight smile.

Indeed? Well, I suppose I could look after your parrot while you pursue more... engaging activities. Enjoy yourself.

He's so effortlessly capable of dealing with people. Particularly women. Lucky bastard.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rashad

Rashad pats his friend on the shoulder, then hands him the bird

"Don't feed him too many nuts, or he won't sleep at all. Let me know if I can do something for you. I'm off to sleep now, my buttocks ache with all that riding"

Laughing, he leaves, passing Dalcar.

Characters I play
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

Tanyr

(Slightly earlier, conversation with Jark)
    "I agree, mostly. The bard seems harmless enough, but his new 'friend' should be watched, I think. And clerics? Who knows what they might do, thinking it's what their god wants. Probably fairly trustworthy, but I wouldn't bet my life on it."

Once the party has stopped to rest, Tanyr lightly and carefully climbs off her horse, giving it a small pat once dismounted. Watching K'zak climbing around and, eventually, falling on his face, Tanyr openly laughs, but not unkindly, and grins to herself at Rashad and Unknown's little back and forth. "I'll take a watch with Rashad, later on."
    For the last time, it stands for Shadow of Darkness!

Thankin' Nevitan fer me babytar!

Kasaad Shadowweb-Chitine Paladin of Freedom (now a clickable link!).

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauve Shirt
    SoD is my favorite too.
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerHunter View Post
    SoD casts Pun
    SoD's Pun crits TigerHunter for 10k.
    TigerHunter dies.

Genderbender week comin' up! SoDess by Bisected8 *applause*

13. - Top - End - #103

RedSorcererGirl

I would welcome the chance to talk some more with you, find out as much as you wish to tell me about yourself. Or perhaps, how much you remember about yourself. We do, need to come up with some sort of name for you. You dont even remember that much?
    As for your choice of where we should sit and build our fire, I will bow to your better knowledge of tactics.
    Who will be taking second watch, so we know who to wake when our turn is up?

Finished with her questions for now, Dalcar settles into the watching spot that Unknown suggested for her. When he settles in as well, Dalcar will continue to talk to him to find out whatever else she can about him.

14. - Top - End - #104

DwarfBarbarianGuy

As he settles in and the camp begins to settle toward sleep around them, Unknown answers Dalcar's questions.

"I do not remember my name. For all intents and purposes I am roughly seventy hours old. That is when I woke up in the gutters of Shadowdale with no memory of my name, my past, or this world. I have certain... instinctive skills, and I retain impersonal knowledge, such as that of speech, but I know nothing specific to myself and my past.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rashad

(from his bedroll)

"Ok Tanyr, we'll be third

He starts snoring then...

Characters I play
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #106

K'zak unrolls his bedroll on a mossy spot, directly under the shade of the nearest tree. He habitually slept in the deepest dark place he could find, as he felt uncomfortable most anywhere else. He places the small parrot on the edge of the roll, giving it a small tidbit to keep it content as he slept. His Robe was warm and comfortable due to its magical status and perfect fit, and sleep came easily to him.

17. - Top - End - #107

"If you were so unconfortable riding in horseback we could have taken the carts, they were already paid for." says Grindell with a sarastic grin to Dalcar.
    After she takes off her armor he hangs a hammock from her backpack from two nearby trees. Then she covers herself with a fur blanket and says:
    "If there will be five watches wake me up for the last one, if that's ok with you, K'zak."
    If K'zak agrees she falls asleep shortly thereafter.
    Last edited by Guchalez; 2008-11-02 at 10:22 AM.
    Guchález
    Thanks to ThreeShades for the Psychotic Elan avatar a.k.a.The Punmaker

Spoiler
    Show
    All dead, they are all dead

18. - Top - End - #108

K'zak, pulled back from the edge of sleep, mumbles his acquiescence to Grindell, before attempting to sink himself into sleep before his watch.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Jark unrolls his bedroll, with a bit of grunting. As the group is deciding who should take which watch, and with K'zak the Half-Breed making an idiot of himself, Jark grumbles "I will take second.".
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

20. - Top - End - #110

Galen begins taking out his bedroll and lies down on it. He also lets his snake slowly unwind and it slithers out into the forest to hunt. I'll take the fourth watch, whoever's up then can wake me.
    Shapperdash, movie reviews amongst other things.
    Natural 1, a tale of critical failures
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Aquillion View Post
    If you're ever in a situation where you can't survive, go for the broke and fill all of creation with chickens. Just imagine the reaction of people halfway around the world when every square inch of space in their world is suddenly and completely full of chickens.
    Homebrew
    1st in Iron Chef XXXIV with a Warforged bard

21. - Top - End - #111

RedSorcererGirl

If there are no encounters on Dalcars first watch, she wakes the next group and
    Spoiler
    Show
    she finds Rashads bedroll and slides in with him

And if there are encounters, well, we play that out

22. - Top - End - #112

Almost at the end of the first watch a winget cat comes out of the woods, he stares at you for a moment and them flies back to the forest. A moment passes and then a hooded figure with a bow in his hand comes out of the wood followed by the same cat.
    He takes of his hood and greets: "Good day travelers, I'm Fir of the Roads, a hunter. What brings you by this road?"
    Guchález

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #113

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Unknown stands up at the mans approach, and walks calmly toward him. "We are but simple travellers. If you have need of our assitance you are welcome to it, but if it is simple curiosity that brings you to us, then I am afraid our business is our own, and we would rather pursue it alone." he says, in a very neutral tone. He stands slightly out of arms reach of the man to say this, and while clearly non-agressive, is somewhat cautious, making sure to keep both the man and his unusual cat in sight.

24. - Top - End - #114

RedSorcererGirl

Dalcar was moving towards the cart, hoping to get a tent that would cover herself and Rashad in the bedroll together. She stops at the appearance of the cat, and moves toward whoever is the closest sleeping figure. As the man enters the camp, she shakes whoever she has moved to, saying
    Wake up, we have company
    Said loud enough that others might wake up
    And who might Fir of the Roads be?
    Last edited by Mike62; 2008-11-11 at 09:47 PM.

25. - Top - End - #115

K'zak mutters in Halruuan for a moment; before consenting to being woken by Dalcar.

Halruuan:
    Spoiler
    Show

Mephistopheles bollocks. What time is it? It can't be my watch already.

Seeing the hooded figure by the camp, he quickly struggles to his feet, shedding his fatigue.

Who goes there? Friend or foe, I care not, so long as I can go back to sleep soon.

26. - Top - End - #116

I am Fir of the Road, just a humble hunter from this area that crossed your path. I am, if you allow me to be, a friend, since it's almost time for breakfast maybe we can share our food, I have some very nice rabbits from the forest that we may cook and share our names and stories. Gizlek here is my companion and friend, he's a tressym.
    The cat looks curiously at CoolP, with a playful look in it's eyes.
    Guchález

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #117

Waking up and hearing the conversation going on, the chosen one, rolls back over and closes his eyes. Trying to get some sleep while he can.
    Never come between a Dwarf and his Ale
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

Awesome Runic Dwarf Avatar by Bayar

28. - Top - End - #118
    Dwarf in the Playground

Cool P

The parrow darts from K'zak's bedroll to Rashad's, waking him up by biting him gently into his ear. The bird seems somewhat scared by the winged cat.

Rashad

"Huh, oh, no, go away, I don't have any nuts..."

Rubbing his eyes, he rises from the bedroll, greeting the new guest and watching his strange companion.

"Oh, who are you?"

Characters I play
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Jark groans. He hated this place. He hated these people. "Is it my watch already?" he asked wearily. Until he looked around and saw that everyone was already awake, and a strange man was in their camp.

Almost immediately after Jark sat bolt upright, his ghost-animal formed out of the nothingness. However, now it was a large panther, baring it's teeth. Jark grabbed his heavy sword from next to him.
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

Tanyr

Opening her eyes, and seeing the current situation, Tanyr slowly sits up, and watches on, waiting to see what's going to happen.
    For the last time, it stands for Shadow of Darkness!

Thankin' Nevitan fer me babytar!

Kasaad Shadowweb-Chitine Paladin of Freedom (now a clickable link!).

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauve Shirt
    SoD is my favorite too.
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerHunter View Post
    SoD casts Pun
    SoD's Pun crits TigerHunter for 10k.
    TigerHunter dies.

Genderbender week comin' up! SoDess by Bisected8 *applause*