New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [4e] Therinn Adventures: Group 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    "I just want to see that you have the money... I won't take it in advance. I'm not going to leave on a job and then return to find out I'm not going to get paid."
    "One thing you'll come to learn about me son is that I always pay. Thats because I make sure the clients pay. Krum Morgrund is a name that can be trusted in Fenderin, how do you think I've been able to get this business going? I don't need any enemies that like to wield blades and hurl fire at me."
    Melkor, Tiefling Warlock Avatar by Nevitan

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Senerio mulls it over for a second, as if determining whether Krum's words should be taken at face value. "... fine."

He turns, leaves, and quickly returns with a bag of supplies.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Pixie in the Playground

"Krum has a good reputation. It was a story of him and his work that brought me here. I would not worry about our payment." Terp nods towards Senerio, and then smiles briefly at Krum.

He continues to check over his equipment, fastened on through various belts and buckles before standing up straight with a rattle. "I'm as ready as I can be. Shall we?"
    Last edited by LemonAndLime; 2008-10-17 at 06:32 AM.

4. - Top - End - #34

With the newly formed party gathered and ready to go Krum gives a final piece of instruction. The caravan you're looking to catch up with is run by a halfling merchant named Binwiggs and you are only to deliver the package to him. The package is a wooden box about one square foot, weighs about 20lbs, and is nailed shut with a sealed letter pinned to the top. Krum hands the box to Gorl and repeats the instructions for what seems to be the third time.

The town of Fenderin is bustling with activity on this overcast spring day. There's a chill breeze, perhaps winter's last warning that it will return, blowing over the plains south of Fenderin. Although a few farms dot the land south of the town, they are few compared to the lands north and west. The road is hard packed with grey earth and rocks. Folks in Fenderin claim the lands south of the town are still recovering from a blight centuries past. Grass, some trees, and wild plants still grow in this rocky soil, and signs of spring are all around as flower buds are showing. You can almost see the plants shake off the winter and turn green.

The road south isn't very busy as most caravans leave early in the morning. By mid afternoon no sign can be seen of Binwiggs or his caravan. The road at this point cuts through a small wooded section. Suddenly from the side of a road a man steps out from behind a tree. His leather armor is cut up and he appears to have wrapped a makeshift bandage around his head. A broken crossbow bolt juts out from his left leg causing him to stumble and limp as he moves towards the party.
    "Help me! Please by the gods, help me!" he collapses on the ground but continues to crawl forward.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Adonel

Moving forward past the fallen man Adonel readies his blade and prepares to face whatever he seems to be running from.

And here I thought things were going to be dull. I'll leave it to someone who's better at tending to wounds to take care of the man. I am rather interested in his story.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Zerin Danel
    Zerin moves over to the fallen man, kneeling beside him.
    Hey, What happened here? I can't really, you know, heal you or anything, But Maybe we can get whatever did this to you...
    He says this is a quiet, relatively somber tone, although his voice, as always, bears an undercurrent of bubbling happiness.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Pixie in the Playground

Terp

Terp dashes forward, weaving around those standing ahead. "Stop moving! Try not to move!" He stops with a hand on the man's shoulder, and then kneels, unpacking several small pouches before casting an eye over the man critically.

"I'll get the bolt out. Stay strong." So saying, Terp takes a firm grip on the bolt and gets ready to yank it out, before cleaning up and bandaging the wound.

Spoiler
    Show
    Heal - (1d20+5)[3](8)

I also realised I wanted to roleplay him as having a ton of small little nicknacks. Both herbs and suchlike for healing purposes, and little bits and pieces of gadgetry elsewhen. Though I don't see it as being anything other than flavour, if you'd like me to spend a bit of gold on it, I'd be fine with that.

8. - Top - End - #38

The man cries out in pain as the halfling pulls out the crude barbed arrow and applies the stinging salve.
    "Kobolds... Attacked our caravan... There were so many! And so close to Fenderin! We had our guard down, but we were only two wagons. We're meeting up with a larger caravan at the Watch post before heading across the Morden Plains! We're not supposed to be attacked by kobolds!"
    "ARGH!!!," he yells, pulling away from Terp before looking down at his visibly better leg. "Thank you... I'm sorry for pulling away... The underbrush has really grown up ahead. They must have been able to sneak up to road. We killed a few but they quickly out numbered the eight of us... I ran... I don't know how I got away from them..."

Spoiler
    Show

I'm fine with Terp having a few non-ritual components, maybe even picking a few of the more common types with a nature check, even if you're untrained.
    Last edited by Awesomologist; 2008-10-18 at 11:29 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Senerio looks at the man, then checks the sky. "We shouldn't leave him here. He's part of the caravan, and he probably won't get anywhere before nightfall without help." He then addresses the man. "Do you think you can keep up? Gorl here might be able to carry you if you can't..."

10. - Top - End - #40
    Orc in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Adonel

Hmm... It seems as if I was right that this job could get interesting. I'd like to hurry but leaving him behind alone wouldn't be wise and neither would splitting our strength right before entering battle. Anyways there's much at stake, I think haste would be our best option. After finishing Adonel moves closer to the brush the man emerged from and waits for the others to follow.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Bugbear in the Playground

Gorl

Gorl smiles at the little man. "I can carry you, you can carry box."
    Last edited by Jokes; 2008-10-19 at 10:00 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42

The nervous guard seems able enough to limp along with some help from Gorl thanks to Terp's healing. He had hoped to return to Fenderin, but without knowing if the kobolds were till about he figured it would be safer to be in numbers.
    The guard leads you down the road about a mile further to where the caravan had been attacked.
    "It should be just around this bend," the guard say. Sure enough around some trees you can see a ransacked wagon and what appears to be a dead body lying next to it. Gorl sees from beneath the wagon directly ahead of him eight pairs of kobold feet and to the south side he catches the sound of two more kobolds as they walk their way around a boulder by the side of the road.
    They don't appear to have taken notice of Gorl...
    Spoiler
    Show

Encounter Map! (Sorry about the size, let me know if it's too big)

Map Key
    Brown Squares - Road (Normal Movement)
    Light Green Squares - Grass (Normal Movement)
    Green Squares - Brush/Wild Growth (Difficult Terrain, Cost 2, Provides Concealment)
    Green Octagon - Trees (Provide Cover, -2 to Hit)
    Grey Bundles - Boulders (Cost 4 movement to climb and DC 10 Athletics Check, Provides Cover and Concealment)
    Black Circles - Dead bodies (Normal Movement)
    Black Circle with X - Guard (With the PC's)
    Red Rectangles - Wagons (10 feet high, DC 12 Athletics Check to Climb, Provide Superior Cover, Small Creatures can duck underneath with no movement penalty)

Round 1 Initiative:
    Gorl - 1 Standard Action from surprise

Standard Order
    Senerio
    Terp
    Gorl
    Adonel
    Kobolds
    Zerin
    Last edited by Awesomologist; 2008-10-21 at 11:42 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43

Gorl
    HP 29/29 AC 16 Fort 17 Reflex 13 Will 12

Spotting the kobolds, Gorl runs toward them at full speed.

Spoiler
    Show
    Run to M6. Since I'm above the kobolds in init, I won't end up granting them combat advantage? If he's still carrying the box, I guess he drops it.
    Last edited by Jokes; 2008-10-22 at 03:54 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44

The sound of Gorl running forward alerts the kobolds and they call out in warning. At the end of Gorl's initial run he notices other kobolds....
    Spoiler
    Show

Encounter Map - Round 1A

8 Brown Circle Kobolds are wearing dirty hide armor and carry javelins and light wooden shields.
    2 Tan Circle Kobolds are wearing dirty hide armor and carry a spear.
    1 Red Circle Kobold wears scale armor and carries a white heavy dragon scale shield and a short sword.
    1 Blue Circle Kobold is wearing leather armor and has a sling in hand and a dagger at its hip.

Initiative
    Senerio
    Terp
    1 Kobold (Red Circle)
    1 Kobold (Blue Circle)
    Gorl
    Adonel
    8 Kobold (Brown Circle)
    2 Kobold (Tan Circle)
    Zerin

EDIT: Fixed lettering for coordinates
    Last edited by Awesomologist; 2008-10-21 at 11:28 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Senerio sees Gorl dash ahead... and shouts out "Gorl! Wait up! What are you doing?" while going after him (moving 3 right, 3 right/up, stopping at H4)

(HP: 30, AC: 17, Ref: 16, Will: 14, Fort: 12)

He sees the kobolds, and quickly makes his attack at the one at R9.

Spoiler
    Show
    Magic Missile, Int v. Reflex
    Attack: (1d20+5)[18]
    Damage: (2d4+5)[12] Force
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2008-10-23 at 10:31 AM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Pixie in the Playground

Terp
    HP: 26/26
    AC:13 F:13 R:13 W:12

Letting out a little gasp as Gorl rushes forward, and then again as Senerio also rushes ahead of the larger members, Terp decides to follow in their wake. The display back at the inn likely left several of his companions what the little halfling could contribute, so he was going to have to demonstrate if he was to get a fair share of the end price.
    Dashing forward, he whips up his crossbow in his right hand, loading it as he moves, and then drops to a knee next to Senerio. Muttering under his breath, he gestures with his left hand at the same moment as pulling the trigger and then almost topples over backwards as the crossbow bolt flies forward.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move: Along the forest edge and up to I5.
    Free Actions: Draw and load hand crossbow.
    Standard Action: Aggravating Force on Q9
    Attack: (1d20+5)[19](24)
    Damage: (1d6+3)[2](5) force damage. And until end of my next turn, the next attack against the target by my allies gains +2 to attack.

17. - Top - End - #47

Senerio's magic missile flies and hits it's target. The little kobold falls back dead on the ground. Before the others could react, Terp's crossbow bolt skewers another kobold through the head and it too topples over dead.

The white shield bearing kobold moves forward and positions himself between the two wagons and begins barking orders.
    Draconic: You three move there. You go kill him!
    The sling bearing kobold follows behind the shield bearer and loads his sling. Once in position he lets his shot fly... and misses Gorl wide.

Spoiler
    Show

Encounter Map Updated

Initiative
    Senerio
    Terp
    1 Kobold (Red Circle)
    1 Kobold (Blue Circle)
    Gorl *
    Adonel
    6 Kobold (Brown Circle)
    2 Kobold (Tan Circle)
    Zerin

18. - Top - End - #48

Gorl

HP 29/29 AC 16 Fort 17 Reflex 13 Will 12

Gorl continues running, not even stopping to draw his weapon.

Spoiler
    Show
    Regular move (not run) to Q6, then charge the kobold at U5 (so Gorl is at T6)

howling strike charge - (1d20+5)[17] vs AC
    unarmed damage - (1d4+4)[5] + (1d6)[2]

Last edited by Jokes; 2008-10-22 at 06:27 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Orc in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Adonel

(HP 29/29, AC 19, Fort 13, Ref 14, Will 13)

Following Gorl's reckless charge Adonel moves swiftly to close off one of the escape routes of the band of kobolds Gorl faces, removing one hand from his blade as he does so to better focus his warding.

Spoiler
    Show
    Double move to Q3, using my longsword 1 handed for the greater warding boost.

20. - Top - End - #50

Gorl's charge is swift. The barbarian's low charge catches the kobold beneath his chin and snaps it's neck killing it instantly. The shielded kobold orders the other kobolds to surround Gorl and strike.
    Three ragtag kobolds surround the barbarian. Two are too weak to pierce Gorl's chainmail but a third kobold was able to slink behind the barbarian and catch him unaware. (4 damage) Seeing their opportunity arise, the two kobolds bearing spears move into attack. One misses, but in dodging the little dragonkin's spear the barbarian moves into the path of the other spear weilding kobold who is able to jab his spear deep into Gorl's side. (11 damage)
    Adonel's move doesn't go unnoticed and two kobolds quickly move to surround and attack him. One kobold manages to strike past the swordmage's arcane shield and pierces Adonel in the leg. (4 damage)
    Spoiler
    Show

Encounter Map

Initiative
    Senerio
    Terp
    1 Kobold (Red Circle)
    1 Kobold (Blue Circle)
    Gorl
    Adonel
    5 Kobold (Brown Circle)
    2 Kobold (Tan Circle)
    Zerin *
    Last edited by Awesomologist; 2008-10-23 at 10:13 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51

Spoiler
    Show
    Since I haven't seen Shhhh! and no response to my PM I'm going to go ahead and post for Zerin.

Zerin moves to J6 and casts Spiteful Glamour at the Kobold in S7.

Attack - (1d20+4)[8](12) vs. Will
    [rollv=Damage]1d12+4[/rollv] (Psychic)

((OOC: Next up Senerio))
    Last edited by Awesomologist; 2008-10-24 at 08:11 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52

Damage - (1d12+4)[7](11) (Psychic)

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Gah! It's my initiative! ...sorry...

Senerio
    HP: 30/30
    AC: 17, Ref: 16, Fort: 12, Will: 14

Senerio moves from H4 to M7 to attack kobold at W8 with Force Orb. (plus Dexterity from Wand of Accuracy encounter bonus)

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+6)[19] v. Reflex
    Damage: (2d8+5)[15] force damage

Secondary attack: vs. kobold at X8, only if attack at W8 hit
    Attack: (1d20+5)[18]
    Damage: (1d10+5)[14]

24. - Top - End - #54

Zerin's attack hits his mark, engulfing the kobold in shadows and killing the creature instantly
    Senerio's Force Orb blasts into the Kobold Dragonshield. The slinger behind took enough of the attack to render the creature bloodied.
    Seeing the barbarian in need of aid, Terp moves forward and uses an artifice to heal Gorl. He then unleashes a force of thunder around Gorl which kills one of the weaker kobolds. (Gorl can spend a Healing Surge +5HP from Terp and gains +1 AC until the end of Terp's next turn.)
    The shield bearing kobold wastes no time in exacting his revenge and charges at the wizard. The blast of force however has stunned the kobold's muscles enough however and the kobold misses with his blade.
    The slinger moves around the southern wagon and lets loose another shot at the wizard as well but misses wide.

Spoiler
    Show

Encounter Map Round 2

Map Key
    Green Squares - Brush/Wild Growth (Difficult Terrain, Cost 2, Provides Concealment)
    Grey Bundles - Boulders (Cost 4 movement to climb and DC 10 Athletics Check, Provides Cover and Concealment)
    Red Rectangles - Wagons (10 feet high, DC 12 Athletics Check to Climb, Provide Superior Cover, Small Creatures can duck underneath with no movement penalty)

Initiative
    Senerio
    Terp
    1 Kobold Dragonshield(Red Circle)
    1 Kobold Slinger (Blue Circle) Bloodied
    Gorl *
    Adonel
    3 Kobold Minion (Brown Circle)
    2 Kobold Skirmisher (Tan Circle)
    Zerin

25. - Top - End - #55

Gorl
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gorl, Human Barbarian
    Init +2 HP 26/29 Bloodied 14 Healing Surge 7 (1 used /10)
    AC 17 Fort 17 Reflex 13 Will 12 Speed 5

Breathing in the curing powder, Gorl feels his strength renewed, regaining his focus. He looks around at the kobolds still surrounding him. He smiles as he draws his khopesh, and in a flash swings it against all three.

Spoiler
    Show

Move: draw Khopesh, weild two handed
    Standard: Great Cleave, vs AC
    kobold u5 - (1d20+6)[22]
    kobold u6 - (1d20+6)[26] edit: had to crit against the minion, at least I can use rampage
    kobold t7 - (1d20+6)[18]
    damage - (1d8+8)[12]
    Last edited by Jokes; 2008-10-26 at 02:54 AM.

26. - Top - End - #56

Gorl

As he spins, he feels the blade slice something that seemed rather vital. Impressed with himself, he spins full circle, bringing his sword back onto the the first kobold.

Spoiler
    Show

Rampage as a free action, melee basic
    attack u5 - (1d20+6)[10] vs AC edit: shame that's gonna be a miss
    damage - (1d8+5)[7]
    Last edited by Jokes; 2008-10-26 at 02:53 AM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Orc in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Adonel

(HP 25/29, AC 19, Fort 13, Ref 14, Will 13)

Smirking as he looks around Adonel spins his blade over head bringing it down in a wide arc sending a wave of force in it's wake. After knocking the two kobolds away from himself Adonel moves quickly towards the Kobold in front of Senario, expanding a burst of arcane energy as he does so to try to draw the raider's attention.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using Sword burst.

1st Attack (1d20+4)[17](21)
    2nd Attack (1d20+4)[13](17)

Damage (1d6+4)[3](7)

Moving 4 squares to O7 and using my Aegis of Assault to mark the dragonshield.
    Last edited by Tyracus; 2008-10-26 at 01:41 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58

Gorl's cleave swipes through the three kobolds around him, his axe chopping off the top of the weaker kobold's head. Two skirmishers each take a fierce blow but are still standing. The barbarian's second swing however misses.
    Adonel's attack kills both of the kobolds outright.
    The one of the skirmisher's moves to flank the barbarian and attacks in combination with the other kobold. (Two hits for 15 Damage)

Spoiler
    Show

Encounter Map Round 2

Map Key

Initiative
    Senerio
    Terp
    1 Kobold Slinger (Blue Circle) Bloodied
    Gorl
    Adonel
    Zerin
    Last edited by Awesomologist; 2008-10-26 at 06:11 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59

Zerin moves to P4 and fires an eldritch blast at the bloodied slinger. The dark power engulfs the little kobold killing it instantly.

Spoiler
    Show

Encounter Map Round 3

Map Key

Initiative
    Senerio
    Terp
    Gorl
    Adonel
    Zerin

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Senerio looks straight at the dragonshield and smirks. "Heads I win, tails you lose."

He raises his wand, and the air turns cold. A icy bolt flies from its tip, striking the Dragonshield in the chest. Whether it can resist the burst of frosty death is another matter.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack (1d20+5)[8] v. Fortitude
    Damage (1d6+5)[11] cold damage, target is slowed until the end of my next turn.

He then turns and walks away to I4.

EDIT: Oh, COME ON! Blasted low rolls! I wish I could use my own dice...
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2008-10-28 at 07:41 PM.