New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: DREAD - Damnum Fatale (THE PHARMACY)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    THE PHARMACY
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Warlock shuts its engine off in front of a pharmacy/chemical supply store in the back roads of Vancouver, near the railways and wholesale stores, close to the factories and warehouses.

This was the store of John Warner, one of Cherry's contacts and the man to go to whenever the Cabal needed an obscure chemical or two. This time, it was powdered sodium hydroxide, a strong base to counteract a strong acid. Haze, who was back his contact's repair shop downtown, suspected that one of the two demons left was highly acidic in nature. If that were true, then sodium hydroxide would be the garlic to the vampire. In any case, it was strong enough that it would burn normal skin as well, so it wouldn't hurt against a thug or two.

OOC: Alright Kuma Da, you're off to this thread. No one else is allowed to read that thread.

Cherry, this is your contact so this is your game, but others, don't be afraid to interact with the contact too.

EDIT: Oops, double posted with the forum resetting and all. My bad.
    Last edited by gardenphilosoph; 2008-11-10 at 04:26 AM.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Halfling in the Playground

Backlash

Hopping quickly down from the Warlock's bed, he scurries under the awning of the shop to get out of the rain. Yeah, definitely need to get a cover...

Shaking off what water he can, he pulled the door open for the others. Shooting a glance at Cherry, "So this is the guy we have to thank for your special brand of mayhem, eh?" Putting a smile on to take the sting out of the gest, he motions the others through the door.

3. - Top - End - #273

RogueGuy

Brandon

Brandon is going to look for some advil. Whether he is healed or not, his nose is still broken and hurting him.
    Annoying Gamer says - Hollywood is sooooooooo unoriginal. Hey, check out my dual wielding drow Drazzit!

Annoying Gamer says - My level 1 character's background is pretty complex. After fighting in the three great wars, he was forced to return home and kill an elder dragon single handily.

4. - Top - End - #274

PirateCaptain

Venge

Venge waits in the Warlock, trying to get the radio to work.

((This is half just for fun and half serious. If the radio works, I can listen to the news stations, if not, just some music, your choice, can be playing))
    Last edited by Blockhead; 2008-11-10 at 05:03 PM.
    I drew this line myself

5. - Top - End - #275

The shopkeeper eyes the Cabal, and nods. "Cherry's friends. What can I get for you today?"

There are some prescription strength painkillers being sold over the counter. Heh, that was why Cherry came to this place.

Outside in the car, Blockhead flips around on the radio. He turns it to News1130, what the Cabal liked to use when searching for leads. The reception is weak and sort of staticky thanks to the rough weather outside, but it quickly becomes apparent that screams were just heard in the down-town east-side area, where the Safe Injection Site is. There is nothing conclusive, and the cops are dismissing it. Hmmm...

6. - Top - End - #276

Cherry

Cherry walks into the store, and greets John, the shopkeeper, with a smile and wave. "Hey John. We need some sodium hydroxide. How much you got?"

7. - Top - End - #277
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Baptist

"Man cant you find something cheerful to tune in to"

Staring out into the rain down the long road into the distance he sees nothing..emptiness.

He reaches into his inside jacket pocket for the torn & faded small photograph he always carries. They look happy together and now she is gone, gone from his life forever.

Enough..move on..they are gone and I am still here..people are dying whilst you feel sorry for yourself

Without warning Baptist jumps from the back of the Warlock into the rain and heads into the Pharmacy.

"Anyone got any plasters around here"

OOC he is a Limey after all
    Last edited by LordEntropy; 2008-11-10 at 06:34 PM.

8. - Top - End - #278

John's eyebrows rise. "Sodium hydroxide? Huh, that's not half as dangerous as the stuff you usually ask for. Still burns like ****, though. I have a couple pounds - the construction industry's been pretty big on it lately. How much do you need?"

OOC: What's a 'plaster'? I'm not familiar with British slang.

9. - Top - End - #279

Cherry

Cherry grins at John's jibe. "A couple pounds, huh? How much for all of it?"
    Last edited by bored_teen; 2008-11-10 at 10:53 PM.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Baptist

"Plaster, Band Aid anyone, my knuckles are red raw?"

11. - Top - End - #281

Backlash

Not looking up from the magazine stand he started to peruse, he merely pointed to the first aid supplies as an answer to Baptist. Tiring with the articles about this person sleeping with that, and ways for housewives to save their marriage, he strolled back out into the rain. Just like being **** on by God, if that old **** cared enough to pay attention. At least I don't have to ride in the bed anymore... With that he slid back into the Warlocks cabs, in time to hear the news story Venge tuned in to.

"****."
    Last edited by Silent_Bish; 2008-11-11 at 11:05 AM.

12. - Top - End - #282

Several minutes later, the Cabal is back in the Warlock, with several pounds of powdered sodium hydroxide and a smattering of semi-illegal hospital supplies, including heavy-duty painkillers, morphine syringes, and the rest.

It's a good day to be a Disciple.

The news buzzes on about traffic, weather, and the rest of everyday normality. The only interesting thing was the report of screams coming in from the downtown east side, where Haze and Brandon encountered the hobo-cultists.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Baptist

"Guys, we didn't get anything to eat did we? anywhere we can stop off and pick up something??"

14. - Top - End - #284

PirateCaptain

Venge

"The scream might just be the homeless mob screaming at the 'mess', Brandon and Haze obviously ****ing made." Said Venge. Remembering he and the rest of the cabal were hungry, Venge pulled into a fast-food resturant and hopped out of the Warlock, making his way inside.
    I drew this line myself

15. - Top - End - #285

RogueGuy

Brandon

"We can't risk that. If the demon #&$&% controlled one bum, he can control more. We have to assume the worst and go check it out."
    Annoying Gamer says - Hollywood is sooooooooo unoriginal. Hey, check out my dual wielding drow Drazzit!

Annoying Gamer says - My level 1 character's background is pretty complex. After fighting in the three great wars, he was forced to return home and kill an elder dragon single handily.

16. - Top - End - #286

PirateCaptain

Venge

"We still gotta eat though." Called out Venge.
    I drew this line myself

17. - Top - End - #287
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Baptist

"Man, The best I can manage is takeout, I have gotta eat, so if we are in a hurry burgers to go."

Hopping out of the Warlock he follows Venge inside whilst he dreams of a nice juicy cheeseburger.

Stepping through the door into the diner, everything seems quiet, maybe too quiet or was it his imagination?

18. - Top - End - #288

The McDonald's is full of wet customers, the smell of wet leather and hair mixing with the smells of cheaply packaged hamburgers and french fries.

It's sickening.

A couple minutes later and everyone is back in the Warlock, greasy meals in hand.
    Last edited by gardenphilosoph; 2008-11-13 at 05:40 PM.

19. - Top - End - #289

PirateCaptain

Venge

Venge chomps down on the Big Mac heartily, it's decent enough. He also sips on his cola, waiting for the others to finish.
    I drew this line myself

20. - Top - End - #290

Backlash

He wolfs down his burger as fast as he can, washing it down with the watery excuse they call soda. "Okay, let's get down to the injection site and deal with demon number two. I still have enough juice left in me for an exorcism, so we should be able to save the poor sap thats being used. Not that he would thank us or anything."

Being one of the first one done, he slides behind the wheel of Warlock and revs the old engine to life. Pulling out in to traffic and towards the injection site.
    Last edited by Silent_Bish; 2008-11-13 at 08:27 AM.

21. - Top - End - #291

PirateCaptain

Venge

"This time I'll make sure I'm armed." Grinned Venge, patting his metal container which still sat on the bed of the Warlock.
    I drew this line myself

22. - Top - End - #292

Backlash

"So, what kind of trouble was there the last time we had people swing by? Was it just enthralled bums? Anyone know which guy the demon has taken for a host?"

23. - Top - End - #293

OOC: Actually, I'll give you a brief summary of what went down last time, we'll assume you were confused.

Haze and Brandon showed up to find a bum preaching to other bums about the end of the world. Using Discern to see the preacher's true nature, Brandon saw that a demon was stalking the man but not possessing him. Unfortunately this revelation came too later. Haze had already scattered the crowds, cast Nephilim (grew wings, horns, and fangs) and dive-bombed the preacher, ending up crushing his legs and killing him. At that point a crowd of hoboes mobbed Brandon, but Haze made a daring escape.

24. - Top - End - #294

RogueGuy

ooc - you forgot the part where i blew 10 hobos up and managed to keep 9 of them alive in the process.

25. - Top - End - #295

OOC: So this game seems to have stalled...what's up?

26. - Top - End - #296

PirateCaptain

((Nobody else was posting and nobody said we had arrived at the Safe Injection Site))

Venge

The Warlork pulled up outside the Safe Injection Site. Venge opened his container of 'goodies' and replaced his battered armour with the concealable kevlar. He also grabbed his battle-axe, leaving his P90 SMG in the container. "Let's hope there's more action here!" Announced Venge, carefully swinging the battle-axe around, making a delightful 'whoosh' sound as it passed through the air.
    I drew this line myself

27. - Top - End - #297

The Warlock parks behind a roughed-up rusty metal sport bike, like a piece of scrap metal on wheels. Hmm.

Venge catches sight of Haze standing by a dumpster in an alleyway just off the road. Haze motions the Cabal over...he's found something.

OOC: Alright kiddoes, head over to this thread.