New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

RogueGuy

Default Re: DREAD - Damnum Fatale (#1)

Brandon squeezes into the back seat.

"It was totally a raccoon. Besides any dog that looks that evil was probably possesed or something and needed to be put out of its misery."

"We need something bigger than a pick up truck, i think a minivan would fit all of us. Imagine the fear we'd put into those *$&#@#$ pulling up in a soccer-mom-mobile."
    Annoying Gamer says - Hollywood is sooooooooo unoriginal. Hey, check out my dual wielding drow Drazzit!

Annoying Gamer says - My level 1 character's background is pretty complex. After fighting in the three great wars, he was forced to return home and kill an elder dragon single handily.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Haze

"It is alright Haze, you can give him a kiss if you are gonna miss him."

Without missing a beat, Haze flips Backlash the bird. "The number was 778-328-9848, yeah? I'll take my bike and go look into that while you guys are off at the hospital, harassing the wounded. If anything comes up, I'll give ya a call."

"Don't look so jealous, Back. I'll call you too if it makes you feel any better."

Turning around, Haze strolls back into the house in search of a phone book.

OOC: The odds are probably against, but I'm going to see if the number's listed next to a name or address. If not, I'll just call it and see what happens.
    Freelance writer and editor, at your service.

http://www.fictionpress.com/~solemncoyote

3. - Top - End - #63
    Halfling in the Playground

Cherry

Cherry rolls his eyes at Brandon's comment. "Three cheers for the home team! Hip hip! Go **** yourself!"

4. - Top - End - #64

PirateCaptain

OOC: ROFL, that was hilarious bored_teen, Venge is gonna look out for you

Venge watched Haze walk back into the house. "I don't see what he's going to find. Seems like a waste of ****ing time. Now let's get this ****ing show on the ****ing road before we ****ing drown out here!" He yelled to Shutter.
    I drew this line myself

5. - Top - End - #65

OOC: Why thank you. I'm attempting to be as bitingly sarcastic as possible. I seem to be doing a good job so far.

Cherry

Cherry punches his fist in the air with a "HELL YEAH! Let's go kick some demon ass!"

6. - Top - End - #66

7:21 - 10/13/08

THE WARLOCK - (CAB - Shutter/Backlash) (BACK - Venge/Cherry/Ox/Brandon)
    Shutter starts the whiny engine. It wheezes, than slowly puffs to life with the whirring mechanical sound of an engine that's too old and carrying too much weight.

The ride to the sewer crime scene at Main & 41st is uneventful. The roads are almost barren, the populace of Vancouver retreating indoors in the torrential downpour. Visibility is low thanks to a low mist that rolled in. Shutter slows and then stops the car a block away from the crime scene. With the RCMP and cops up ahead, it would be unwise to roll right in, especially on a day such as this.

OOC: Vargen, if you don't respond by tomorrow or perhaps late tonight, I'll put you in the Sewer team just to even things out. Remember, you have to infiltrate that crime scene, so people with the right spells and skills should go. Then again, the hospital will most likely need infiltration as well.

HQ - Haze
    You take out your disposable cellphone and ring the number, having failed to find an address attached to it anywhere.

After several rings, someone picks up the phone.

"H-h-h-he-l-lo....?" The voice is that of a man's, though it sounds incredibly ragged and the man is stuttering heavily. He sounds half-crazed and is breathing heavily into the phone.

7. - Top - End - #67

PirateCaptain

OOC: Do we not get dropped off at the hospital? Or do we have to walk there?
    I drew this line myself

8. - Top - End - #68

OOC: You're driving to the hospital, but dropping off the others at the sewers first.

9. - Top - End - #69

PirateCaptain

OOC: Ah, I gotcha boss.

Venge waited patiently for the others to disembark the Warlock. Rain poured down his face, making his hair heavy and saggy.
    I drew this line myself

10. - Top - End - #70

Cherry

Cherry hops off the back and looks around. "Ok, we're gonna need a game plan. should we try to sneak in by getting past the cops, or are we gonna go around and find another way down? I've got some flashbangs in the Warlock that we can use as a diversion."
    Last edited by bored_teen; 2008-10-16 at 09:07 PM.

11. - Top - End - #71

Haze

"Hello? If you need to catch your breath, take a few minutes. I'll keep talkin'." Something about the man's tone of voice sends Haze running for the Hayabusa. Not that Haze has anywhere to go. Yet. "Look, I don't know you. You don't know me. But we were both involved with the event that took place earlier today. I've got a fair guess what caused it, and it could happen again. I want to meet with you, exchange information, hopefully stop it. What I don't want is for you at any point to trust me. Like I said, you don't know me. This is dangerous business."

Haze pins the cell between his cheek and shoulder. Right hand free, he rolls up the left sleeve of his jacket.

"I've rolled up the left sleeve of my jacket. No one else has any reason to do that in this sort of weather. That's how you'll recognize me. Now, I want you to pick somewhere you know. Someplace public with more than one exit. Like a diner or something. Your call.

Go there right away. I'll meet you as soon as possible."

12. - Top - End - #72

RogueGuy

ooc - When I use Astarte, after 5 minutes is the person aware that something weird happened? IE if i try to get an officer in charge near the sewers to let us in with Astarte, in 5 minutes does he go "oh what the hell just happened, someone stop those folks"
    Annoying Gamer says - Hollywood is sooooooooo unoriginal. Hey, check out my dual wielding drow Drazzit!

Annoying Gamer says - My level 1 character's background is pretty complex. After fighting in the three great wars, he was forced to return home and kill an elder dragon single handily.

13. - Top - End - #73

HQ - Haze
    There is silence for what have been a full minute. Then...

"Hehahahoooo....yeeeeeessss! We, we shall meet you at....the Safe Injection Sites on Haaaassssstttiiinnngssss..." The click of the phone hanging up comes fast and sharp.

The man's voice is definitely strange, it is rasps and croaks, like a snake with a lung infection. Also, that crazed laugh after the silence was no good indication. Hmm. He also wants to meet at the notorious safe injection sites on East Hastings, an area of Vancouver infamous for it's ridiculously high population of addicts and homeless, probably the most dangerous area of the city. The safe injection site was a controversial building where free sterile needles were given out, to prevent the spread of disease from contaminated needles. A strange meeting place, to say the absolute least.

You sped away, heading to the most dangerous area of the city to meet with a seemingly crazy witness.

OOC: If Vargen doesn't post by tomorrow, I'll have her go to the Sewers so the storyline can move on. Also Haze, you're going to be in your own thread real soon since you're separated from the group.

14. - Top - End - #74

Quote Originally Posted by DJDeMiko View Post
    ooc - When I use Astarte, after 5 minutes is the person aware that something weird happened? IE if i try to get an officer in charge near the sewers to let us in with Astarte, in 5 minutes does he go "oh what the hell just happened, someone stop those folks"
    OOC: Yes. You have five minutes to do whatever the hell you want, then get the **** out of there. Get your evidence, whatever, but MOVE after casting Astarte, unless you want the cops on you.

Also, for you non-Canadians, the RCMP are our equivalent of the FBI. Definitely definitely a lot less prevalent, and they're not the guys on horses with red jackets, like the tourist RCMP. The 'royal' and 'mounted' just come from their origins. Red-jacketed mounted cops are only tourist icons. They're the feds of Canada.

15. - Top - End - #75

RogueGuy

Brandon

"Why can't we ever get a nice easy smash and grab," Brandon says. "Can we find another way in that doesn't involve trying to talk our way past cops?"

16. - Top - End - #76

Ox

Ox jumps of the Warlock and grabs her duffelbag.

Well, we could head back a few blocks and jump down into the sewers there and approach carefully if the canuckian feds is still there.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

OOC Deliberately avoided reading the posts above to ensure lack of knowledge of events so far. Am sticking thoughts in Italics, is that OK?

Baptist

Open eyes, squint, blink, bright light hurts, "Where am I"
    Last edited by LordEntropy; 2008-10-17 at 10:53 AM.

18. - Top - End - #78

PirateCaptain

OOC: Good to have you aboard, btw I'm attending a friend's 18th tonight, so I won't be posting today or most of tommorow. You can RP my character till then.
    I drew this line myself

19. - Top - End - #79

OOC: Welcome aboard! Is the hospital or sewer crew going to move to a new thread?

20. - Top - End - #80
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Baptist

I get up, "Urghhh, Did anyone get the licence plate of that truck"

"Owww" the drip in my arm pulls as I swing my legs over the side of the bed.

"Don't think I need that" I tear it out, a small bulb of crimson blood builds around the wound.

Dropping my legs to the floor I get up and drop, legs buckling. "Damn, that was a heavy night. Must find the others"

21. - Top - End - #81

Haze

Haze speeds away, heading towards the most dangerous area of the city to meet with a crazy witness. It takes all of thirty seconds for this information to sink in. Five feet out of the driveway, Haze leans his bike into a sharp U-turn and roars back to the house.

What the **** am I thinking? I'm gonna need a little bit of extra security.

Haze heads back inside and retrieves his shotgun plus an opaque yellow poncho. As an added security measure, he rolls his left sleeve back down. Then he gets on his bike and flies off towards the safe injection site.

OOC: Post fixed.
    Last edited by Kuma Da; 2008-10-17 at 01:59 PM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

OOC

Haze, hi, No Baptist was not part of this Cabal cell but another that met a sticky end at the hands of something nasty. I am currently at the hospital waking from the coma I ended up in.

23. - Top - End - #83

OOC: Right, moving Haze and the Sewer crew off to another cell. Baptist and the Hospital crew will stay in this one.

24. - Top - End - #84

RogueGuy

ooc - im new to the forums, do i have to do somethign to go to anotehr thread or will you post?

25. - Top - End - #85

OOC: Garden will post the links, or PM to us, or something.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Baptist

I search the room and find my battered clothes in a locker. I dress as quickly as I can without causing me too much pain.

I step towards the door and feel faint.

FLASH

I hear screaming and see in slow motion my team mates, guns firing, the guttural growling of something big and nasty, tearing at us.

FLASH

"My god the Vouzire, it all went wrong!! Got to find the others

27. - Top - End - #87

RogueGuy

Brandon

As the truck heads towards the sewers Brandon asks "Well, is anyone connected with the cops?"

28. - Top - End - #88

PirateCaptain

OOC: Alright, I'm back from the party, ready for action.

Venge

Watching as the sewer crew dismounts the Warlock, Venge bangs his fist against the top of the driver's cab. "Let's move it!"
    Last edited by Blockhead; 2008-10-18 at 02:20 PM.
    I drew this line myself

29. - Top - End - #89

PirateCaptain

OOC: Where the hell is Icarus Smith, our driver?
    I drew this line myself

30. - Top - End - #90

PirateCaptain

OOC: Is anyone even there anymore? Sound off please.
    I drew this line myself